• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I mind gtfo Bama sucks.

I actually am glad you are viewing, makes it feel less like a salty old gen, a top player, and an optimistic scrub all talking trash to each other.

JNig just confirmed for my event. Killik ask sync if he's def coming to Who's Tyler 3 pls

edit: lets revisit the Texas Ruleset idea IMO. Give us SOME unity.

I like the idea of people knowing that if they travel to a different TX scene, they don't have to worry about adapting to a new rule-set.
Also we need to re-do the Lone Star Circuit.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I mind gtfo Bama sucks.

I actually am glad you are viewing, makes it feel less like a salty old gen, a top player, and an optimistic scrub all talking trash to each other.

I like the idea of people knowing that if they travel to a different TX scene, they don't have to worry about adapting to a new rule-set.
Also we need to re-do the Lone Star Circuit.
What's been happening in the TX scene anyway? I've heard about the Lonestar circuit, but I don't know many details.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'd love to see a revival of the Lone Star Circuit. It was absolutely fantastic.
Unity's gonna be an icky situation, but if you can get the TOs to agree to some kind of regional set, then you're already two steps ahead of where you started. :applejack:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I don't know a ton about the LSC, I JUST joined when they were finishing it.

Basically a series of big tournies in every city of TX that had a scene and Austin had the Championships with like a pot bonus.

I would love if we had another one.
Gotta get sync to show up in here tho.
Denti come back~

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I think Sync actually said something about this before.

Xyro I need you to host/help host/help organize a LSC2 with us.
Me and Denti are Local hosts we need someone with National size exp!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I ran 1-2 events of the circuit and the final event aka the championships. because of my perfection in the art of TOing i brought an amazing event to a TRASH city aka Austin.

history books will be written about me.

Xyro77

So why did LSC end? Or was it just a one-time thing?
A circuit is X amount of events and then a championship. once its done its done. we tried to set up a part 2 but it never happened. most of this crap is my fault because i quit doing tournaments. I pretty much sink the smash boat when i left.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I ran 1-2 events of the circuit and the final event aka the championships. because of my perfection in the art of TOing i brought an amazing event to a TRASH city aka Austin.

history books will be written about me.
Heh, players don't know what's good for them sometimes. They want you to cut them a break, but then they get mad when the tournament goes an hour later than planned. Causal relationship or conspiracy on the part of the TO? You be the judge.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Lets be real here, Houston, DFW, and Tyler are the only scenes now. SanAn has no TO.

Xyro has the most exp. I vote Houston for the HQ.

It doesn't have to end because of one bad monthly, Houston.

Xyro77

LOL guys calm down. you cant just "omg lets go a circuit now lol k bye"

this **** takes serious planning. and it takes a while to get all the cities ready to go.

Denti

Smash Master
Brainstorming. Also SA can have a tournament. They have so few... that one might actually get attention. But tyler is a good idea.

edit: well i'm ready to do what it takes for my scene, mr gaw for his, probably xyro for houston, idk about SA. Nike?

Denti

Smash Master
Yeah, if we are going to have a good circuit the sooner we plan it the better. 2 months of prep is a strong opening.

I'm not saying we rush it and do a bad job. But it has to start somewhere.

edit: where do you stand on housing people for a tyler tournament? that's very important.

Xyro77

Serveral things must be discussed before stuff is written into law.

1. How many events?

2. Where will it start and where will it end?

3. Dates? Times?

4. Rule-set?

5. Point system specifics?

6. Each event needs to charge a "circuit fee" so that the final event has a major pot bonus

7. legit venues?

8. Advertisment?

the list goes on. lol ive done this before and if u wanna do it right you gotta do major planning.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I think starting small is better than not doing anything at all and letting the scene die (not claiming that it's dying, just going based on what I've read here).

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I agree with that denti.
If we don't start the process now, it won't be a brawl circuit, it'll be Smash 4.

Ok, lets major plan.

Two birds with one stone, we should get a Unified TX Ruleset.
Which means MK banned? Dub MK Banned? Stage list? Timer?

Everything else is the same in every rule-set.

I have a venue.

Psy can house a few, Rave can house a few. Our friend John who plays brawl is about to move into a house with some roommates so that's an option.
We also have a lot of cheap Hotels and stuff here.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Perhaps you guys should decide exactly what group of people is responsible for making the circuit happen first? That way you can divide up the work more formally and get things done.

Denti

Smash Master
Well... we could just use the concepts from last time.

I know this is up for debate but since Apex is what keeps Brawl alive we should probably use it's ruleset.

Replace Austin with Tyler.

Start in Houston or Dallas. Start strong.

Feb is good to start.

Idk about it ending. It should consider making two stops in Houston, beginning and ending. Maybe 2 stops here in Dallas too for a longer circuit.

Try to end in Oct or early Nov.

Idk points atm, we have to examine the last LSC's complaints.

The fee could be the same as the last LSC. No complaints happened iirc.

I have a legit venue, the old phase venue in dallas like always. It's done 80 man tournaments and did the circuit last time. Idk about the rest of everywhere though.

What did we do last time for advertisement?

edit: Dakpo doesn't TO anymore and Sync and Xyro have planned to dual host the same tournament series iirc. Nike might not work, but we don't know that until we ask.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
How about a golf-like point system.

Every person who enters a tourney gets points. Your points are your placing.

1st gets one points, 33rd gets 33 points.

4 Events before the championships based on Dentis list, so the closer you are to 4 points, the higher seed you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom