• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Pipes, be carefull! i boarde dupa nd im staying here. I will go to santa fe on sunday and ill call you and tell you how much damage santa fe has recieved. what about kalo and tyle? call them plz!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want to play Brawl. :(

Popertop

Smash Champion
tomorrow
if the storm is supposed to hit the day after
but if it's hitting tomorrow during the day I'll have to stay home
and have me a hurricane party

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I get the feeling I'm probably in a worse situation that most people here because of the hurricane <.< All of the stores were sold out of boards and tape and stuff, so we can't do anything about our windows, and there aren't any rooms in my house without windows, not to mention we have no where to go so we're staying home... so...
Yeah um, i live in sugar land (southwest houston) and i havent boarded up anything, so havent my neighbors, i think we'll be fine. i am however preparing for the hurricane by puttin some psp games on my psp and chargin that hoe up. eh hopefuly we wont be hit that hard...no one here has really cared and hasnt evacuated/boarded up, people here are just buying extra food and my friend bought a generator lol, so he is the only person who can have people over for smash this weekend!!!!

btw it'll be a Cat 2 or 3 by landfall, not 4.

this could be the last post of my life....

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah Allan, if you're at the eye you get a calm spot in the center too. Being directly East of the eye is the worst spot with no letup.

Yeah um, i live in sugar land (southwest houston) and i havent boarded up anything, so havent my neighbors, i think we'll be fine. i am however preparing for the hurricane by puttin some psp games on my psp and chargin that hoe up. eh hopefuly we wont be hit that hard...no one here has really cared and hasnt evacuated/boarded up, people here are just buying extra food and my friend bought a generator lol, so he is the only person who can have people over for smash this weekend!!!!

btw it'll be a Cat 2 or 3 by landfall, not 4.

this could be the last post of my life....

It'll be a 3. Also, you're really naive about hurricanes, or at the very least, how powerful winds alone can be. Learn2Weather.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, winds can be PRETTY FRIGGIN PWRFUL...my house was nowhere near rita, and all this stuff was flyin around outside, and everything was shaking...you couldn't just sit down comfortably and play some smash through all of it.

I'd like to try that, though. :chuckle:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Stay safe Houston. Don't do anything stupid.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Guys, please pray for galveston. The storm is over 200miles away and water is already OVER the sea wall/covering 80% of the island. Just think what will happen once the strom is here?

Some say the 1900 storm has returned. Just remember, during that time, there was NO sea wall and people did not evac so once the storm was over the damage was catastrophic. There will be huge amounts of damage but will the island be erased from the map like it was in 1900? I hope not.

Trela

Smash Lord
Guys, please pray for galveston. The storm is over 200miles away and water is already OVER the sea wall/covering 80% of the island. Just think what will happen once the strom is here?

Some say the 1900 storm has returned. Just remember, during that time, there was NO sea wall and people did not evac so once the storm was over the damage was catastrophic. There will be huge amounts of damage but will the island be erased from the map like it was in 1900? I hope not.

I remember that story. There was A LOT of deaths after that.

Has everyone evacuated from Galveston? What kind of an idiot would stay there?!

Conker315

Smash Lord
^ Well people are saying that it wont do anything at all...they think its somewhat like Rita.But as u can see the sea level is alredy even with the sea wall.So yea people who stayed over there is making agreat mistake indeed.All they can do is pray and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom