• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
From what i am seeing. over 2million people in the houston area are out of power.

Esca

Smash Champion
Hey guys, Beaumont is pretty torn up. Nothing happened to my house, and my street still has power...but nowhere else. (Thank God for having a cheap *** grandpa). Other than that, everything is pretty terrible. We really did lose the beach cabin, but that's not what matters. I hope everyone is okay...good luck.

CY

Smash Ace
Hey guys, Beaumont is pretty torn up. Nothing happened to my house, and my street still has power...but nowhere else. (Thank God for having a cheap *** grandpa). Other than that, everything is pretty terrible. We really did lose the beach cabin, but that's not what matters. I hope everyone is okay...good luck.
nice you still have power? hopefully it will stay up but i hear beaumont is getting 70 mph winds still at this time. hopefully it will stay up though so we can play some smashes.

Xyro77

To anybody that can see this!

90% of the smashers ive been able to text have no power and some of them have damaged homes/cars. This is horrible!!!!!! By watching the news, galveston has very little things left standing. The island is decimated.

Over 2 million people are out of power including: Pearland,80% of houston, galveston,santa fe, league city, kemah, sugarland, dickinson, nasa. We are told to expect 2-3 weeks of no power. We are also under a "boiling water" order. This means that all residents that do get water out of the pipes, they need to boil it just in case there is mono,sars,aids,herps,ebola or the west african flu.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just got my power back up...

Man, the damage is kind of bad in Sugar Land. Lots of trees uprooted, some crashing into homes while some trees are blocking roads. Traffic lights barely hanging onto posts...most places are closed, except for a random Buffalo Wild Wings...it's crazy. I've been trying to contact people around Sugar Land, but I'm guessing most are still without power/are busy with cleanup.

Recovery is just getting started...

Xyro77

if anybody has got the power/water turned back on plz post and tell me what city you live in.

CY

Smash Ace
man beaumont got tore up, just as bad as rita if not worse. my high school's front door got demolished and our football field got tore up.

fortunately, my house didn't take any real damage besides our fence getting messed up. hopefully everyone here didn't receive too much damage. gl

just saw allan's post, i'm not home but my mom is and she is telling me all of this. we still have no power at my house.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Power's up.

Yeah, sugar land got pretty ****ed up. Those winds were NASTY last night, I couldn't even sleep. Scary thing is, we didn't even get the ugly side of Ike, I pray for the rest of houston.

Uploading a Hurricane Ike Combo Video soon ;)

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
There is water, but no power in Pasadena, and there are vehicles under water on parts of hw 225. I'm in Houston now with power but no water.

Esca

Smash Champion
We're getting power in Beaumont within the next 3 days in Beaumont, or at my house at least, so if you guys need somewhere to go, i'll be able to house some of you without power and water. At the moment I'm in Louisiana, in Opelousas, and I'm going home tomorrow, so if anyone wants to do anything, I'll be home.

Xyro77

There is water, but no power in Pasadena, and there are vehicles under water on parts of hw 225. I'm in Houston now with power but no water.

yea i heard pasadena got water back but no power. i think in the next 24 hours things will change ALOT.

Brandonbrp

Smash Rookie
** HOBO FREE SMASH FEST DOJO 2 **FREE** boarding availabe 2(3beds)

HOBO SMASH FEST DOJO 2 OCTOBER 3 2008 AT BRANDONBRP HOUSE ONCE AGAIN NEED SET UP's n WIIS and Recorders, ALSO IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN I HAVE BEDS AVAILABLE

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2540 <--HOBO SMASH FEST DOJO 2 OCTOBER 3,2008 RESERVE SPACE BEFORE GONE LIMIT IS(40) 832-969-5543 **FREE*******~FREE***

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes made it through!!!! WOOT!!!! Yeah my area(Missouri City) is pretty messed up....no power at my house so im at my cousins...and no ozz...we dont wanna smash...we wanna get our lives back together first... :) at least i do

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Wait, what is it that DMG wouldn't do against me?!?! o.O. The top of the screen is cut off :(.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
We were talking about how few people use Lucas and Wario, and we discovered that basically more people use Lucas than Wario. I said I would use Lucas at HOBO as a surprise weapon, just not against someone like you Hylian lol. The rest of the conversation is captured. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ozz, if you're really that bored for Smash, I might be interested in playing some. Let me know if you want...

Honestly, Sugar Land didn't get hit that badly. Most of the people in my neighborhood only sustained minor damage like fallen trees and fences. And almost everyone had power back yesterday. We got seriously lucky.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
We were talking about how few people use Lucas and Wario, and we discovered that basically more people use Lucas than Wario. I said I would use Lucas at HOBO as a surprise weapon, just not against someone like you Hylian lol. The rest of the conversation is captured. :)
never been to california have you? we got more warios than snake and meta combined

also, roll call, who's back w/interwebz

EDIT: btw, ness is better than lucas, dems fakcs

Gnes

Smash Master
I cant play Brawl here...Son-of-a-Lucky Squirrel...yeah if yall wanna brawl im up for it...i can beast with my new character.....hehehe...Flip...glad u survived...though u probably made ike trip on a banana ...and yes ness is better than lucas...of course though...Keith+ Combo...too sexy

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
never been to california have you? we got more warios than snake and meta combined

also, roll call, who's back w/interwebz

EDIT: btw, ness is better than lucas, dems fakcs
I was talking about Texas exclusively, of course I know about Futile and all the Wario's out there :D But seriously, if you look at Wario mains in Texas, there's very few of them.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I cant play Brawl here...Son-of-a-Lucky Squirrel...yeah if yall wanna brawl im up for it...i can beast with my new character.....hehehe...Flip...glad u survived...though u probably made ike trip on a banana ...and yes ness is better than lucas...of course though...Keith+ Combo...too sexy
New character, eh? Give me a hint. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom