• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Ohhh a Bowser main? How coincidental, since Zig is leaving soon.

The HOBO's location changes depending on the whims of the TO's. It's almost never
at one place anymore. Pity the next one is sooo far away still.

And I was right, you are from the SSB4 thread.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I think we have 2 olis, 2 wolves, 2 pits, 2 toon links, 2 lucarios, 1 ICs, 2 pikachus, 1 sonic, 2 metaknights, 2 snakes, 2 diddies ,a DDD, a zelda, a peach and a zss.

And Xyro.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Houston has most of the characters covered via mains or secondaries. Honestly, I think the only character no one really plays is Yoshi...and that's because no one wants to play him.

I think the most played character in Houston is TL...I can think of at least four people that use TL regularly, tourney and friendlies-wise.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Jerm does use Zelda in low tier. Kilik also plays Zelda. So...yeah, covered.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I was counting Mocha.

If we are counting friendlies and stuff, MK, Oli, Toon Link, Snake seem most common around here.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was counting Mocha.

If we are counting friendlies and stuff, MK, Oli, Toon Link, Snake seem most common around here.
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mocha. Fuuuuuuuuuu-.

As for character usage, I count people that actually know what they're doing, not just herp derp I can spam attacks and stuff. You might be right about MK being the most used. I think there's at least...6 people who can play MK right. Probably more.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Well I think we have 2 olis, 2 wolves, 2 pits, 2 toon links, 2 lucarios, 1 ICs, 2 pikachus, 1 sonic, 2 metaknights, 2 snakes, 2 diddies ,a DDD, a zelda, a peach and a zss.

And Xyro.
Ha, beat ya to the list Kilik!

As for character usage, I count people that actually know what they're doing, not just herp derp I can spam attacks and stuff.
Do I count?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yo I know how to play MK just as "right" as any other character I play.

Your probably right about Yoshi tho. I feel like Yoshi, Sonic and Peach are kind of difficult to pick up and play because of the basics of their mobility.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I didn't name anyone specifically. I'm just saying there's a difference between people who can play a character and then those who can actually PLAY the character effectively.

Like...I can play most of the characters, but I'm also garbage with most of them.

I see you Gnes. You best not be trollin'.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Nothing too concentrated I'm sure, just expect the usual. MOST of us use high tiers
in tourney, and expect plenty of :metaknightbrawl: :olimarbrawl: :diddybrawl: :falcobrawl: :wariobrawl: :marthbrawl: :snakebrawl: :toonlinkbrawl:
I see, well too bad Meta-Knight will be totally banned soon after Apex, still it's nice to see I'm the only Bowser around.

Rainbow Dash told me about hobo's and stuff.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't know why Marth and Falco are in that list...at least for Houston.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I don't know why Marth and Falco are in that list...at least for Houston.
Well I was just gonna stick TL on there cause we have so many, but I felt he needed company. I just put
up a few higher tier characters, thats all. Besides, we have at least a few marths/falcos right?

BTW hope to see you at HOBO King. Bowser is... such a fun MU for D3.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
We have...no Marth mains. RoyR retired...a few people use Marth in friendlies and occasionally in tourney, but no one really mains him.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, and Broly, but he's on that retired/inactive status.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Wow, that guy has a lot of posts.

Wait, I have a lot of posts..

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Leaf shouldn't even count on that list for Pikachu. My Pika is better than his.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Its cause Houston is so freakin hard it sucks the life out of ya
to try and compete here. I swear the current top players sold
their souls or somethin.
No that's not why at all. A lot of our retired players were top in Houston for their time (Stiltz, RoyR, T-Rex, Mr. 3000, Fliphop, etc.)

:059:

BioDG

Smash Ace
Life is hard in general. And many of the retired tend to linger around before they truly drop the game. At least from what I have noticed.

lol Chris aren't you getting a little ahead of yourself?

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I SOLD MY SoUL TO AEROLINK THE MOTHER ****IN SOULMASTER

FOR BRAWL!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, has anybody hacked their wii to download and play wii games? im at a friends house and i dont know this nerd **** so plz help us!!!!

note: we have homebrew and bootmii but we cant get anything else on the wii. we cant degrade the wii past 4.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom