• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Mystic from watching the first two minutes of that video, I can tell you need to:

1) Stop glide attacking into shield / attacking shield in general.

2) Stop jabbing and holding it.

3) Stop angel ring'ing

4) Don't run up to people and randomly smash when they are below kill percentage. Why would you smash (one of your longest/laggiest movies) when the reward will just be damage and not a kill. The move was designed to read / kill your opponent, not chip in damage.

5) Don't run to the edge of the stage and just arrow repeatedly. It's really easy to follow this pattern.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I dont agree with number 5. Running away always works if you aren't dumb about it. You just have to read people's frustration.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
You were recorded super ugly, and stretched out.
LMAO

Mystic from watching the first two minutes of that video, I can tell you need to:

1) Stop glide attacking into shield / attacking shield in general.

2) Stop jabbing and holding it.

3) Stop angel ring'ing

4) Don't run up to people and randomly smash when they are below kill percentage. Why would you smash (one of your longest/laggiest movies) when the reward will just be damage and not a kill. The move was designed to read / kill your opponent, not chip in damage.

5) Don't run to the edge of the stage and just arrow repeatedly. It's really easy to follow this pattern.

From our matches, I can say dude that "angel ring" **** is impressive looking
to someone who doesn't know the mechanics like me, but I can count on one hand the amount of times it actually worked.

As for Ill's #5 on that list, he is also right, it gets really easy to tell when you are
gonna bug out for the ledge, and fom there it just becomes a matter of workin a
strategy to kick you out.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that was the worst thing i've decided to do is have that attrocity put online. damn that was the worst i've ever seen myself play ever.

damn. bodied on my CP at that.

but i take your guys' advice for sure

edit:

chris angel ring is pit's side b. not the arrow looping. that's just arrow looping. that aside i hate your bair lol

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well it's a lot more helpful to have videos to watch of you playing badly than it is to have a bunch of videos of you playing your best. Cause if the videos are of you doing bad then you get a chance to see what it is that you do wrong.

:059:

Sync.

Smash Champion
Guys, I need your opinions about the future of Battle Network series. I need to know if you want to move venues so we can have a pot (lose a nice venue like Gamestop and probably not go to somewhere as nice, not have as much publicity and not hang out with Ginger) or stay at Gamestop for Battle Networks. Please PM me your opinions and I'll make the decision from there. I'll give you guys till Sunday at 10:00 PM. Thanks <3

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that game looks sick RT!

also will someone come visit me and bring brawl? i can't really go out today because im still under the weather but im not like contagious or anything. last night got rough on my body and because of that my boss said im not allowed to work until tomorrow so im stuck home alone and bored. maybe ill play smash flash and practice some of those brawl basics until someone comes to visit a poor old maharbra (yes ive given in to the spelling joke)

Trela

Smash Lord
i wanna start competing in MvC3 and get good at it. im already getting decent at it and it's more tech skill based which is what im good at. im not sure about how to find tournies for it but if i can find something consistent for it and street fighter like we have HOBO for brawl, im probably gonna drop brawl. i've been trying to get good at this game for years and the fact is when i can get bodied by people using my character against me as hard as i did this morning after all the studying and practice i've tried to put into this game learning every single tech skill with my character and discovering some along the way. when all of that time doesn't get me any reward, why do i bother playing this game that is obviously just my style of play?

i watch myself play you guys and all i can do is get bodied by everyone here. **** i got 3 stocked by a ganon as pit last night. im so sick of tons of time and study and practice =/= any rewards to me gameplay wise at all. getting ****ing 0-80'd on a consistent basis when im supposed to be a good player after MONTHS and going on 2 YEARS of practice with no results. seriously if someone here knows of a good site to find tournies in texas for MvC3 and SSF4 and other traditional fighting games that i've always been good at or could always pick up quickly and actually have a shot at being good at please direct me to it. im so close to being done with this game

LSC is my last chance to make a name for myself and actually matter to the brawl metagame. if i get bodied at this tourny, im done cut and dry
Maharba, I didn't know that you would start feeling this way about yourself after I played you with all of those different characters. I don't play these other characters just to put you down like that, and you know that I would NEVER do something like that to you. I'm sorry if you're saying all of these things just because I was beating you.

There is something else that I would like to say to you, though....

SUCK IT UP!!!!!

Just WHO THE HELL do you think you are, Maharba!? You're MAHARBA THE MOTHER ****ING MYSTIC, THAT'S who YOU are! Are you REALLY gonna let my GANON and PIT get inside your head like that!? HELL NO YOU AREN'T! YOU of ALL people should NOT be giving up NOW, ESPECIALLY after a loss like THIS! Take in what Illmatic and RT said to you, and find a way to practice again and MAKE yourself time to play this game once more! You're NOT about to blow your shot at the championship JUST because of losing to a LITTLE KID who doesn't even know how to TIE HIS OWN SHOES!

LET'S SEE YOU GRIT THOSE TEETH!!!!!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well trela i've got 2 things to say to you after reading all of that.

1. im actually really motivated to play some brawl and take down dabuz and the rest of the OOS players. and i know you weren't trying to dominate my soul, i just let it get dominated, which seriously needs to change because you're still my favorite person to play against/watch in tourney so i don't wanna quit playing you or you quit playing me.

2. bro why can't you tie your own shoe laces yet? im sure i could teach you but if you seriously cant' tie those laces yourself after i show ya im gonna have to take you to some kind of therapist. im really concerned about you not being able to tie your shoes. you're 17 now and this shouldn't even be an issue :troll:

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
i get bodied too mystic, everyone gets bodied over and over again, hell u've bodied me in this game and street fighter 2 over at double daves (tho i havent played that game much). ur still in a phase, a plateau where u will see little or no improvement in ur game for an extended period of time. do not get discouraged just becuz u've been playing for a set amount of time and u havent seen urself rise within the ranks

u remember when i raged at the first LSC tourney in austin when i lost to kilik? i had that same mentality u have, i shouldnt be losing to players i know i can beat, and what made it even worse for me is that me and derk taught kilik little basics and concepts when he was at our campus at the time, so in essence it felt like i created a monster i couldnt defeat an so i lost my cool and chunked my controller across the room

Infinity confronted me about that incident later on; i couldnt give him a valid reason y i lashed out like that. he tells me that u shouldnt get overwhelmed and angry with urself and enjoy the game

another tourney where i had my little tantrums was at hobo 33 (i think it was 33, the tourney at play n' trade and the free panda express), i had a match against paw and i felt that i had a good chance of beating him, but i ended up suiciding twice against him. flustered and enraged with myself i again treat my controller with loathe and kick it across the room.......hitting infinity in the leg:urg:

He comes up to me with intense eyes, sets me down and lets me know that know one here cares about my rage fits and i should stop acting like a child. i felt completely embarrassed and much worse i didnt apologized to him about that afterwards

dont let the fact that u havent improved in a certain amount of time deter u from the community and dont let players who use other characters besides their mains get to u like that, if anything trela using those other characters should help u out on the MU for those specific characters and its solid MU exp becuz players like trela have a deeper understanding of the game

all u lack is exp marharba, about the game, ur character, and ur play style do wut ill and rt suggested and learn ur basic skills instead of little techs and tricks that arent consistent and more than likely get u bodied

@chris
No :troll:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
so, i spent the last hour and a half posting hentai on pojo, only to have my thread taken down and not get banned.

I then made a second thread, and got banned, but the thread was left up.

ggs pojo

KRDsonic

Smash Master
This community has gotten so much more supportive than it was in the early days. Wow. Or maybe it's just the fact that I used to main ICs and people hated anyone who used them. Maybe I should pick them up again. The main reason I dropped them was cause so many people were such poor sports when I would use them.

:059:

Ojih~Sama

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ojih-sama
3DS FC
1907-9993-5995
@krd
pick them up again if u truly like to play with them
i would have been a falco main if ppl didnt ***** about the cg at the time it was discovered

@zano
lemme see if i can get derk to give u the list of ppl that were interested in smash, u dont need to get all of those con noobs, just the ones that signed the sheet

Tesh

Smash Hero
@ Maharba, those gnes/razer/trela people are pretty good even without their mains. Ever notice who still places at the top in side events?

I'm interested in Smoom's avatar. Someone explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom