• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Skittleme, me and sync run the Houston smash scene so please PM us or directly ask us a question in this thread and we will respond. And welcome to the scene!

P4, how can you just sit there and ponder? they filled 3 pages(100+ posts) of not gifs or arguing but PURE spam. What I do is spam too but there is a clear distinction between the 2. Drop a 4 point infraction on their ***.

:phone:

skittleme

Smash Rookie
Honestly,

As regard to the Skittleme's post, which area of Houston do stay in? We are having more smashfests in the near future.

Please check with Sync, or the front page of this thread to see what's the next tournament/smashfest.

P.S. Remember we were at a one time all new to the scene. If the regular posters would help us and guide us in the same direction. If we do that, we will drive new players away, and have local tournament turn outs at less than 30. Just my 2 cents.
Mainly Katy and/or West Houston [[ Westheimer/i-10/Memorial area ]]

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm not saying he doesn't, but his method of getting his point across was ****. He made it no better then what they did.
Boom, it's edited, big font removed, quotes removed. I did it to emphasize my point and it seems that it worked. Though I do find it to be silly that I'm the one you're most mad at when they're the ones that actually made the posts, all I did was quoted their posts. A simple edit was all it took to make my post shorter. The same cannot be said for their posts because in the end they still have a bunch of useless posts all in a row for pages and pages. It's always a lot easier to deal with 1 post than a lot of them.

btw serious question. Do you have something personal against me? Because it seems every time something happens, I'm the one you attack. And it seems that every time I beat you in a match, you get mad for no reason (example: throwing your controller during that crew battle at PJ's months ago right after I took your last stock).

In the end my posts did what it was supposed to do. It got a mod's (you) attention, and afterwards I edited it to not take up much space. Maybe it wasn't the best way (and I'm sorry) but I see serious questions get completely ignored in this thread a lot and drowned out in spam and it gets old after a while.

:059:

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Skittleme, me and sync run the Houston smash scene so please PM us or directly ask us a question in this thread and we will respond. And welcome to the scene!

P4, how can you just sit there and ponder? they filled 3 pages(100+ posts) of not gifs or arguing but PURE spam. What I do is spam too but there is a clear distinction between the 2. Drop a 4 point infraction on their ***.

Calm down, I already handled it.

Boom, it's edited, big font removed, quotes removed. I did it to emphasize my point and it seems that it worked. Though I do find it to be silly that I'm the one you're most mad at when they're the ones that actually made the posts, all I did was quoted their posts. A simple edit was all it took to make my post shorter. The same cannot be said for their posts because in the end they still have a bunch of useless posts all in a row for pages and pages. It's always a lot easier to deal with 1 post than a lot of them.

btw serious question. Do you have something personal against me? Because it seems every time something happens, I'm the one you attack. And it seems that every time I beat you in a match, you get mad for no reason (example: throwing your controller during that crew battle at PJ's months ago right after I took your last stock).

In the end my posts did what it was supposed to do. It got a mod's (you) attention, and afterwards I edited it to not take up much space. Maybe it wasn't the best way (and I'm sorry) but I see serious questions get completely ignored in this thread a lot and drowned out in spam and it gets old after a while.

LMAO bringing up that crew battle, I wasn't mad at you, I was fed up with Jerm and his trash talk. I have nothing personal against you...? I beat you in tourney last time we played, so why I would be upset for losing 1 stock to you in a friendly crew battle at Pj's place? Don't act like you know what's going on, it had nothing to do with you, I was having a **** day and I was getting sick of Jerm putting me down since he's like my best friend, I get tired of it.

Anyways your post was the straw the broke the camel's back. After everything I sifted through from Illmatic and Zano I have to see your ugly *** post. That's what did it for me.

I have nothing personal against anyone, but if you're going to say or do something ******** I'm not going to sit by and just let it go. IE see Kilik's post about Leaf about 400 pages back.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
LMAO bringing up that crew battle, I wasn't mad at you, I was fed up with Jerm and his trash talk. I have nothing personal against you...? I beat you in tourney last time we played, so why I would be upset for losing 1 stock to you in a friendly crew battle at Pj's place? Don't act like you know what's going on, it had nothing to do with you, I was having a **** day and I was getting sick of Jerm putting me down since he's like my best friend, I get tired of it.

Anyways your post was the straw the broke the camel's back. After everything I sifted through from Illmatic and Zano I have to see your ugly *** post. That's what did it for me.

I have nothing personal against anyone, but if you're going to say or do something ******** I'm not going to sit by and just let it go. IE see Kilik's post about Leaf about 400 pages back.
I'm not acting like I know what was going on, that's why I was asking. I just brought up the crew battle thing because I obviously am not exactly someone who gets a lot of wins in the Houston community, and that was one of the few times where I felt like I was actually doing good, so I didn't know if you were mad because it was me you lost that last stock to (someone that you normally beat) or what. I actually didn't know you threw your controller until someone told me afterwards that you did, because I get so focused while playing matches sometimes that I don't notice anything else.

As far as the part about my post goes, I already apologized about it and edited it a while back. Calm down bro.

I appreciate the straight answers, but I don't understand where the rage is coming from. If you misread my post as me being cocky, then I'll tell you now that it's anything but that. I know that I'm not good at Brawl and I rarely even get half place at tournys. When I ask a question, I'm not asking it to be rude, I'm asking it because I honestly don't know the answer and I'm curious.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Serious post

I'm half-way sorry for the way I reacted about all this. I've had a long week of work and just got through with a weekend of taxfree in retail. So I wake up in the morning and finally get to check the boards after not really having anytime to do so lately and I see like 40 pages of Ill and Zano's pure spam.

Then KRD puts the cherry on top by quoting ALL of it.

I did over react (a little). But as much as I let you guys get away with I'd appreciate a little respect. So many mods are ready to pounce on the first opportunity they get to dish out some points but I try to cut you guys a **** ton of slack and I just get taken for granted because of it.

I'm not asking for this to be some Nazi style board now but I'd like a little respect from you guys and some good judgment every now and then.

You know KRD, you were the one that didn't get slapped with any points. I just gave Ill and Zano a 3 pointer for their little escapade, but you just got a verbal lashing so to speak.

So don't think I've got something against you, honestly, I don't think I've ever infracted you for anything...

BioDG

Smash Ace
Hi :) new to the forums/smash scene. Was wondering where to meet smash players at and get some games in. Someone point me in the right direction? lawl. Thanks <3
EDIT: Nvm you already posted your area.

Welcome to the smash scene! Make sure you ignore the stupid posts/drama and you'll be alright. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
P4, if you can give custom infraction points, just type a random three digit number with your eyes closed...it'll be more of a surprise that way. Three points is not enough for that garbage.

Smoom77

Smash Master
LOL this thread

Skittleme, text (713-417-8205)/pm/vm me. I'm really interested that there's a new player in Katy! We haven't had one for a while.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Hi Skittle! I hold local tournaments for Houston and run 99% of smashfests here. Call or text me and I can fill you in. Glad to see us expanding.

Also you guys are dumb lol. No one ever gave me suggestions about the name for the bi-weekly tournament series at Gamestop.

Also, in case no one knew, tournament this weekend!

heytallman

CTALL
ban plz, im serious.
I agree ^^

Also probably the most ironic post I've ever seen was that time Illmatic posted to tell someone to stop posting. LIKE THE POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK.

Also Skittle, Memorial area? As in close to the mall? I live about 15 minutes away from the mall.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Omg i laughed SO hard at the responses

Thanks for the 3 point infraction, P4 <3
Also, Bungle is super good, and I liked that song you posted on my wall Mr. Kubiak.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stop posting and be banned plz.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I can't believe illmatics little shinanigans is causing all this drama. This thread has gone soft.

CY

Smash Ace
Zano why do you always spam this thread when you live in ****ing Corpus. you should probably relocate to the appropriate thread.

these new kids don't know effective spamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom