• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
seriously ozz whats the deal...why so whiny? U want to laser lock that bad..,

Gea...RT...anything goin on saturday...friday...i wanna smash
i found a really really effective way to do laserlock....and its like becoming a habit, so i dont wanna accidently do it in a tourney and get pwned by xyro. but whatever im cool with it now.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
a league that should never be touched

everyone really needs to stop whining, whether they have valid points or not.
you aren't the ones holding the tournaments
therefore you aren't the ones making the rules.

if TGM feels generous enough to let you vote on it like he did the stages, then maybe you all can change the rules at that time.

until then
let's all shut up
k :)

up B offensively O_O

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i found a really really effective way to do laserlock....and its like becoming a habit, so i dont wanna accidently do it in a tourney and get pwned by xyro. but whatever im cool with it now.
Footstool combo is too good :).

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Question about the laser lock ban thingy...

Is Falco allowed to do the footstool combo, then one laser to make the opponent stand up, then a dash up smash? One laser technically isn't a laser lock so...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
seriously ozz whats the deal...why so whiny? U want to laser lock that bad..,

Gea...RT...anything goin on saturday...friday...i wanna smash
There might be something today. I dunno, I have work until 3.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS

guy who smelled like **** during crew battles: not cool man, not cool

everybody else: good matches

i might go to the tourney, i dunno yet.

also i want some melee money matches who's down?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Does anybody know of a way to send relatively large files to someone else over the internet? I am trying to have some brawl videos sent to me.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
BNB, filefront.com. have them uplaod it there and u can then go there and download it

BTW, me and kalo wanna go OOS to a tourney during thanksgiving break. If anybdy wants to go with us(plane/bus/ect). start saving.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
TGM I might just have to take you up on that if I have time
I don't think I will because the whole point of visiting home is to
...lol

BTW new sig
Not as top tier as CYs but I like it

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
BTW, me and kalo wanna go OOS to a tourney during thanksgiving break. If anybdy wants to go with us(plane/bus/ect). start saving.
*is interested*
As long as it isn't using the back of your truck...

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Keef wit da teef! I know today is your last day here in Houston. PLease be safe and do well in college! BYE KEEF!

heytallman

CTALL
pianodude, are you using the "quick reply" thing at the bottom of the page? If so, that's why your sig isn't showing up. Also, where are you going to college?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
No, I don't see it. But if I click your profile I can see it, I don't know why smashboards isn't showing it on the page.
may I ask, are you using "Quick Reply" at the bottom of each thread without checking the show your sig box?, if so that may be the reason why it isn't showing up, try using "Add Reply" instead.

Melee Smash FTW!!

EDIT: Nevermind!

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm not getting any promotion for my Melee tournament from this Houston thread. I was wondering if Xyro would like to list it, but so far he has ignored me every step of the way. If this is going to be a Brawl only thread he should come forward with the idea. I got the impression that it was the "Houston Smash" thread and he would list anything SB64, SSBM and SSBB related. If this is not true I would like to know.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I got the impression that it was the "Houston Smash" thread and he would list anything SB64, SSBM and SSBB related.
I don't know where you got that impression from. The front page clearly lists Houston official BRAWL ordeals, lol. and the ruleset is Brawl. go figure?

Hey guys. I'm not getting any promotion for my Melee tournament from this Houston thread. I was wondering if Xyro would like to list it, but so far he has ignored me every step of the way. If this is going to be a Brawl only thread he should come forward with the idea. I got the impression that it was the "Houston Smash" thread and he would list anything SB64, SSBM and SSBB related. If this is not true I would like to know.
That's too bad if you aren't getting promotion for your melee stuff. If xyro wants this to be a brawl houston thread, it will be, and it has been. There have been plenty brawl tournies, and now everyone here plays Brawl mostly. Why should we include melee now? Go make a houston melee thread if you care so much. Because Melee has basically died in Houston, besides a handful of people who still play it. Great game and all, but Brawl has much more attention, therefore this thread will be Brawl dominant. Good luck on your thing though.

BTW, whatever happened to Rofl Pwny/Kirin?
I remember he used to post here. IDK, i remember the most random stuff.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
nope, i leave tomorrow morning O_O
and bebobii if i wanted to give you TGM's take about posting your tournament here
i'll tell you the same thing he tells all the other threads that still play melee.

"melee is dead, FACE IT!!!"
-Allan

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I don't know where you got that impression from. The front page clearly lists Houston official BRAWL ordeals, lol. and the ruleset is Brawl. go figure?

That's too bad if you aren't getting promotion for your melee stuff. If xyro wants this to be a brawl houston thread, it will be, and it has been. There have been plenty brawl tournies, and now everyone here plays Brawl mostly. Why should we include melee now? Go make a houston melee thread if you care so much. Because Melee has basically died in Houston, besides a handful of people who still play it. Great game and all, but Brawl has much more attention, therefore this thread will be Brawl dominant. Good luck on your thing though.

BTW, whatever happened to Rofl Pwny/Kirin?
I remember he used to post here. IDK, i remember the most random stuff.
I gathered the impression that it was for all Super Smash Bros. games due to the title of the thread not specifying which. Also out of Xyro's selfish interest I presume it would not be listed.

If I were to make such a thread I personally would list any and all tournaments relating to the entirety of the series regardless if I personally favoured it or observing it's popularity. People desire for these things to be listed here. That's just how I would do it anyways. Xyro should definitely dub this thread to clearly state it as Brawl only in the title or the OP so as to not be so misleading.

There is a dominance, but that does not eliminate the interest of 16 or so people. Even if the Brawl tournaments and events are 4 times that size. The popularity is not so important. Melee still interests myself and would be seen very alive as long as someone else is open to play. Luckily there are enough to create tournaments for.

Oh, yes. If Xyro requests it or chooses to ignore me again I will just go ahead and create the thread. I'm not on bad terms with the guy and I'm sure he's gotta keep up his rep as a troll so he'll probably just ignore again. I'm a very sensitive guy! Aint a big deal. Also I might show up at whatever the next Brawl tournament is if this needs to be discussed. I've also been getting pretty decent at the game so I'll be trying my hand. I'm sure to be terribly beaten, but the game has it's own charm and I haven't been in the Houston Brawl scene since I held the first tournament.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I gathered the impression that it was for all Super Smash Bros. games due to the title of the thread not specifying which. Also out of Xyro's selfish interest I presume it would not be listed.

If I were to make such a thread I personally would list any and all tournaments relating to the entirety of the series regardless if I personally favoured it or observing it's popularity. People desire for these things to be listed here. That's just how I would do it anyways. Xyro should definitely dub this thread to clearly state it as Brawl only in the title or the OP so as to not be so misleading.

There is a dominance, but that does not eliminate the interest of 16 or so people. Even if the Brawl tournaments and events are 4 times that size. The popularity is not so important. Melee still interests myself and would be seen very alive as long as someone else is open to play. Luckily there are enough to create tournaments for.

Oh, yes. If Xyro requests it or chooses to ignore me again I will just go ahead and create the thread. I'm not on bad terms with the guy and I'm sure he's gotta keep up his rep as a troll so he'll probably just ignore again. I'm a very sensitive guy! Aint a big deal. Also I might show up at whatever the next Brawl tournament is if this needs to be discussed. I've also been getting pretty decent at the game so I'll be trying my hand. I'm sure to be terribly beaten, but the game has it's own charm and I haven't been in the Houston Brawl scene since I held the first tournament.

Creating a melee houston thread would attract the melee houston players. Bringing melee into a Brawl dominant houston thread would not be wise. Infact, creating the houston thread for melee was something that should have been done a looong time ago.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Creating a melee houston thread would attract the melee houston players. Bringing melee into a Brawl dominant houston thread would not be wise. Infact, creating the houston thread for melee was something that should have been done a looong time ago.
Okay, then will this one be called the "Brawl Houston thread" from now on? I agree. It's probably the inaction that's making me so confused...

Okay I will draft one up real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom