• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I wanna hear more of how you plan to raise your daughter.
Why Texas is the best.

And how we're the only state capable of beating down the bat.

And some stuff about the BBR-RC and your involvement with that
now THESE are what im looking for.

Xyro77

there is something ive always wondered about. what are other states opinion of tx's circut events? do they like it, or hate it? im curious about others opinions on it.
tbh i dont have lots of opinions from other oos players about the tx circuit

Tesh

Smash Hero
If they made games with actual replay value, they wouldn't wind up being sold back to gamestop so fast. If you hype up some game like Duke Nukem Forever and it comes out and turns out to be pure trash, ofcourse everyone is gonna try to get their money back. Just make a good game that no one will want to sell back to the store.

Xyro77

xyro megafox says he wants his children story
i WILL make it for him but its gotta be next month cause my photobucket is nearly maxed out on bandwidth. i need gifs to describe that little mexico.

also, what should my Vlog series be called? I was thinking "Xyro's Soap Box" but i want yalls opinions

Xyro77

If they made games with actual replay value, they wouldn't wind up being sold back to gamestop so fast. If you hype up some game like Duke Nukem Forever and it comes out and turns out to be pure trash, ofcourse everyone is gonna try to get their money back. Just make a good game that no one will want to sell back to the store.
"Good game" with "replay value" is an opinion. What i call GOOD may not be what YOU call good. I can make a game like No More Heroes last 50 hours and 99% of the people who play it beat it in 15. So replay value is more or less opinion too. But either way, thats not the point. People return games for w/e reason they want. The issue is the fact that used games will be useless in the near future and thats not good IMO. For example: I dont wanna pay 49.99 for SSBM when SSB4 is out and its 59.99

Suspect

Smash Hero
The difference between used and new prices of a game is usually $5-$10, stop over reacting. Alot of stores keep brand new games over priced which makes players go look for a used copy at Gamestop or Craigslist. I've seen Enchanted Arms for $50-$60 new even tho it was released new at $20. Also you get what you pay for, most used games wont have the case/booklet/scratched up/no online code/etc

Im not defending gamestop, cause I hate them (worked for them twice so I know what goes on) just saying you are exaggerating

Xyro77

The difference between used and new prices of a game is usually $5-$10, stop over reacting. Alot of stores keep brand new games over priced which makes players go look for a used copy at Gamestop or Craigslist. I've seen Enchanted Arms for $50-$60 new even tho it was released new at $20. Also you get what you pay for, most used games wont have the case/booklet/scratched up/no online code/etc

Im not defending gamestop, cause I hate them (worked for them twice so I know what goes on) just saying you are exaggerating
Im not exaggerating.

Xyro77

gimmi names for my show and gimmi topics. it can be anything smash related. im seriously gonna be BORED during the day once claire arrives so im gonna make these vlogs all day

Xyro77

i just watched all 4 parts of Alex Strife vlog and i got so much to say. HOLY **** this will be good.

BioDG

Smash Ace
@Xyro: Well, I editted my post to say "most developers", though you already responded before that it seems. I just can't see this taking off. But I guess this is just wishful thinking on my part.

It's just so obviously bad for the consumers, but eh, I guess this shouldn't be a surprise since everything else about gaming is going downhill anyways.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
It's prob woodland, that sounds familiar, who's the closes to that XD? CMO ON!
you probably live closest to me. woodlands is 20-25 mins away from me...not that far compared to these rats who live 40+ minutes away from me. sync is around 12 mins from me though which is where all the fests and stuff are usually at now a days.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

I'm hosting a (small) fest tomorrow, if anyone wants to come they are welcome.

Kilik and a few others are already attending.
Post here if you're coming or just text me 832-310-9872.

3619 Havenmoor Place
Katy, Texas

It starts at 12 and I want everyone out at around 8 or 9. We can eat afterwards or whatever though, like usual.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
alright, you can come over anytime after 12:30 - if you can bring a setup that would be great (just a wii and a brawl disc)

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
you probably live closest to me. woodlands is 20-25 mins away from me...not that far compared to these rats who live 40+ minutes away from me. sync is around 12 mins from me though which is where all the fests and stuff are usually at now a days.
wow this is not even that far, I can do this just fine, sync would be like about 30 something minutes away from me and we can play too. Yeh, I'm liking this.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
So when are you coming into town? Do you have a set date?
ummm This sat I'm going go to Texas with my parents to look for a house, im going be in texas around 2 weeks, idk, buying a house is a huge investment so wel'll look as much we can, after that I'm go either back to NJ or to Mexico for vacation, idk yet. But I will be in Texas fulltime like 1 week before school starts which is around september i believe, and from there I will be officialy part of texas ;], I'm going ask my parents if i can visit the texas the scene while I'm looking for a home there, hopefully i get to say hi early to everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom