• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wow, Pwii is coming to Houston for a little while? That's amazing!

I'm really excited, feel free to come over to my house whenever you wanna chill/brawl Pwii!
We should team for an event :)

Also, I'm hosting a (small) fest tomorrow, if anyone wants to come they are welcome.

Kilik and a few others are already attending.
Post here if you're coming or just text me 832-310-9872.

3619 Havenmoor Place
Katy, Texas

It starts at 12 and I want everyone out at around 8 or 9. We can eat afterwards or whatever though, like usual.
He's moving here, not just gonna be here for a bit

Zori

Smash Champion
jerm ever hear of...... whats that ****....

broken social scene? its this really good band, check it out

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Last week my wife was deemed "full term." By July 12, i will be a FATHER. Im 23 and ill be a FATHER! For those of you that dont know, the baby will be a GIRL and her name is Claire. Am i worried/scared? no. But once the teens years hit, THATS when ill be scared. What if she turns out to be a SUPER hot blond girl with blue eyes? To combat the possibility that she becomes hot, brings home jock and gets prego at 16, im gonna encourage lesbianism(girl on girl action) and put twinkies in her dog bowl to make her obese so that NO boy will want her. Also, im gonna encourage video games and other nerd crap so that she stays away from BOYS. If you guys got some more ideas, LET ME KNOW NOW!

Claire is coming soon!!!!

Zori

Smash Champion
Last week my wife was deemed "full term." By July 12, i will be a FATHER. Im 23 and ill be a FATHER! For those of you that dont know, the baby will be a GIRL and her name is Claire. Am i worried/scared? no. But once the teens years hit, THATS when ill be scared. What if she turns out to be a SUPER hot blond girl with blue eyes? To combat the possibility that she becomes hot, brings home jock and gets prego at 16, im gonna encourage lesbianism(girl on girl action) and put twinkies in her dog bowl to make her obese so that NO boy will want her. Also, im gonna encourage video games and other nerd crap so that she stays away from BOYS. If you guys got some more ideas, LET ME KNOW NOW!

Claire is coming soon!!!!
upload my vids tho

Xyro77

Capcom tries to kill used video game sales with the one-save game

http://dvice.com/archives/2011/06/capcom-tries-to.php

Buying used video games is great for gamers who don't want to pay full price for the latest hits. You know who doesn't like used video games? Game publishers. In a very sad twist, Capcom's fighting back against the second-hand game market with a game that can only support one save file — for life.

It's been confirmed that Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D for the Nintendo 3DS is a game that once finished, cannot be reset for complete replay. According to both the U.S. and U.K. game's instruction manual "saved data on this software cannot be reset."

Basically what Capcom has done is make Mercenaries 3D a one-time play affair. Once you've unlocked all the goodies and played the entire game, you will not be able to erase the game's save data and start fresh as if it were a new copy. Consider this: lending Mercenaries 3D to a friend, a little brother or sister will be worthless because they'll only be able to continue playing the game with your saved settings and create their own.

We get that game publishers don't make any money off sales from used video games, but killing off the ability to hit the reset button is just taking things too far. It's like saying Upperdeck is entitled to a cut in my autographed Michael Jordan basketball card I sold at a garage sale for $10,000 some 25 years after I bought it.

While it can be argued that used video game sales are actually more damaging than piracy, it's still a lowball move for Capcom to make, especially with a franchise as large and significant as the Resident Evil series. Will other publishers follow in Capcom's footsteps to take a stand against the lucrative market of used video games? We really hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Congrats to Xyro! U got this man.

Also dammit! well ppl should come sleep over the night before the trney to my place ;], ill get my license and be poppin, i don't practice the game much anyways, i just wanna meet ppl.

This thread looks hype, nj's died when inui got banned.

Xyro77

Congrats to Xyro! U got this man.

Also dammit! well ppl should come sleep over the night before the trney to my place ;], ill get my license and be poppin, i don't practice the game much anyways, i just wanna meet ppl.

This thread looks hype, nj's died when inui got banned.
iirc, this is the 2nd biggest thread on SWF. LOTS of talking/spam goes on here, you will laugh hard.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Our local Honda player wrote up this big conspiracy on how Capcom is trying to kill off SF4 so that people will buy SFxTekken. It was pretty funny, only because he was serious :/

That's still ****ed up about those saved states though. Although eventually everything will be online anyway so they won't have to worry about that...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool best pj post y

Reposting:

I'm hosting a (small) fest tomorrow, if anyone wants to come they are welcome.

Kilik and a few others are already attending.
Post here if you're coming or just text me 832-310-9872.

3619 Havenmoor Place
Katy, Texas

It starts at 12 and I want everyone out at around 8 or 9. We can eat afterwards or whatever though, like usual.

Xyro77

L= lol

so whatever we used the o l for was us laughing

so in actuality its not supposed to be funny its supposed be showing u i laughed at what you said
it takes more time and effort to say gay **** like o l akf. just say lol

Xyro77

Have yall seen "Alex Strife Introspective" series(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNcyPzGYSWs&feature=related)? He talks about brawl/rules/bbrrc and smash stuff in general. Though i disagree with a lot of it, i like it over all and its a good little podcast thingy. Im gonna do one of my own starting this week or next. It wont be exactly like Alex's but kinda will be. I have an issue though, what types of things should i address first? What types of things would you wanna listen to(if u decided to listen to ME lololol).

BioDG

Smash Ace
Capcom so dumb. There's no way other companies the majority of video game developers are going to follow along with this.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I wanna hear more of how you plan to raise your daughter.

Also, why Texas is the best.

And how our PR is the greastest thing since freedom.

And how we're the only state capable of beating down the bat.

And some stuff about the BBR-RC and your involvement with that
and how you plan to make me your successor in there

Oh and how much you hate o l afk.

Xyro77

Capcom so dumb. There's no way other companies are going to follow suit with this.
Incorrect. Other companies already have. Think about it! You wanna go buy gears of war 1, right? So you go to GS or EB and find a NEW GoW game for 59.99 or a used for 29.99. Which one will you buy? EXACTLY! But here is the thing, GS/EB make PURE profit off of used game sales and the actual game company make little or next to NOTHING. This decreases the chances of NEW game sales which means that game companies will not make as much as they COULD.

So now the idea is to make games a ONE TIME USE thing. This FORCES people to buy NEW games or maybe pay another 10$ to activate features if the game is bought used. Overall its just ANOTHER way to milk the player for more money. Very dumb but its the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom