• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
does cartoon network actually show american cartoons anymore or has it been finally overtaken by weeaboo butt****ery yet. :( DBZ was still legit though

Suspect

Smash Hero
i **** you guys not. take any 1 dollar bill. look at the top right hand corner 1. now look at that 1's top left hand corner under a magnifying glass. you will see an owl. that is moloch, demon owl god of the illuminati. seriously creepy huh?
old

tired of hearing about illuminati stuff also, thought it was obvious America was built off Masonry already

heytallman

CTALL
does cartoon network actually show american cartoons anymore or has it been finally overtaken by weeaboo butt****ery yet. :( DBZ was still legit though
On normal CN, they still show an episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog every once in a while, and they still show Tom and Jerry sometimes. As for current shows, they have Adventure Time, which is amazing, and Regular Show, which is sometimes good. And then on Adult Swim there is Venture Bros (one of my favorite shows of all time) and Metalocalypse which are good. All of which are pretty American.

DBZ sucked. @Allan @P4 @Jerm @Keith @DEALWITHIT

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
DBZ is pretty bad.

However, it was just perfect for our age group back in the 90s. So awesome.

heytallman

CTALL
The fun will never end, Adventure Time!

@Keith: suck a ****. I watched 4 episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I know my anime. Also at least I have great taste in music.

Gea

Smash Master
The Suspect awakens from his long slumber.

. . .

. . .

. . .

The Suspect is beserked. The Suspect attacks!

Player-4

See you in 25 years
True character balance

DBZ sucked. @Allan @P4 @Jerm @Keith @DEALWITHIT
[yt]7b0oQkjup4Q[/yt]

I sort of agree Espy, but the real issue is Tallman thinking he has a credible opinion about anime.

kekekekekeke

@Keith: suck a ****. I watched 4 episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I know my anime. Also at least I have great taste in music.
Lmao you only think you have a great taste in music ;)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
MLP has a ton of elements from Looney Toons back in the 90s, and it feels alot like the cartoons towards the end of the golden age (I more or less consider Foster's Home one of the last great cartoons that aired on CN, but this also includes shows like Dexter's Lab and Powerpuff Girls).

The bump that everyone needs to get over with MLP is the background the show is built upon. That's the only real challenge.

They've dropped an anvil and a piano on a character (that's just classic slapstick, and I enjoy it), they've referenced Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, they've done a Pepe Le Pew skit (with frightening precision), and there's just a ton of pop culture that's actually fun to spot if your eye is sharp (particularly references to more adult material).

The visuals are some of the best I've ever seen in a cartoon, the plot is meh (some are damn incredible, others are bleh), the voices are good, some of the songs are catchy, and the characters are actually well thought out in comparisons to other shows revolving around similar pretenses.

Oh, but the intro is terrible.

Plus, the money is in the toys, so the show has more liberty, since it doesn't need to rely on hits. :p

=====

DBZ can't get hate. It's status is practically legendary.

It'd be like hating Reading Rainbow. It's a bland show, but my god you probably watched it anyways because there was never anything else on at the time.

Plus, DBZ had violence, yelling, and explosions.
You'd be a fool to deny a young boy the right to awesome.

heytallman

CTALL
I actually want to check out My Little Pony. I hear it's done by Craig McCracken's wife, who also worked on Powerpuff Girls (one of my favorite cartoons ever). Also Tara Strong provides voice. Must watch. What night does it come on?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Ed, Edd and Eddy was the fall of great cartoons. **** that show. It ruined the end of my childhood.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I actually want to check out My Little Pony. I hear it's done by Craig McCracken's wife, who also worked on Powerpuff Girls (one of my favorite cartoons ever). Also Tara Strong provides voice. Must watch. What night does it come on?
You ****ting me bro? You can't watch a good Anime and hate on DBZ but you'll watch My ****ing Little Pony?

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Teacher: how has America changed since integration?

Classmate 1: public schools
Classmate 2: president is black
Classmate 3: public places
Me: two black people have won nationals and there was almost a third
Teacher: what?
Me: nothing.
Teacher: detention.

LOOOOOOOOL

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
GDC2011 from the Nintendo side is happening now just finished:

-AT&T will provide 10,000 hot spots for 3DS connectivity.
-3DS will have Netflix and will be able to cross communicate with the Wii version.
-3DS download games include Game Gear and Turbografx games.
-Skyward Sword new trailer shows more combat stuff and shows a character, probably the antagonist?
-New Mario Game for 3DS strongly hinted to include the return of Racoon Mario...further details at E3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Correct. She helped work on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Tara Strong, as far as I know, is the VA for the main character.

You ****ting me bro? You can't watch a good Anime and hate on DBZ but you'll watch My ****ing Little Pony?
Don't knock MLP until you try it, P4. It's really not as bad as it sounds. I mean, I thought Deathnote sounded ********. But it was absolutely incredible. Just don't judge the book by its cover, y'know?

LOOOOOOOOL
I'm dead. So very dead.
Well done, Razer.

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
Yo Airbrush King I want your thoughts about MVC3.
I need to know from one pro to another....
U weren't at fight club last weekend ;(! Be sure to make it to bar fights this saturday. Would <3 to MM a pro at mvc3 to learn the maximumest!

Sentinel on point is free. Crizzle > some random scrub btw. Scrub learned the hard way about haggar lariat assist. Invun frames 1-60. Vunerable frames 61-77. Ow doo eyez wa've dassh backwords?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela, you are D Disciple's Lucario rival.

He wanted this to be clear.

Zori

Smash Champion

LOOOOOOOOL

are you kidding me?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
So does My Little Pony air on Playhouse Disney or Nick Jr.?

Or is it both?
Neither, Trela. Plays on The Hub.
And new episodes can be watched online at Youtube in **** quality, or at the Hub's website itself in super **** quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom