• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CY

Smash Ace
Radiohead is my favorite band ever, awesome. I have everything they've done, including all their b-side stuff. :D

Bon Iver, The Tallest Man on Earth, At The Drive In, The Mars Volta, Sigur Ros(really ambient stuff), Led Zeppelin all good stuff Illmatic.

Good ****. Also the rap is good too.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Btw, I think sung tongs is a must if your going to mention animal collective.

Actually, I HIGHLYYYY recommend all of you listen to the animal collective he has mentioned. I woke up this morning, and listened to animal collective for over an hour just sitting in my bed. Such a good band. But not my fav xD

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Dude all the songs you said I'd love are ones that I already love! You know my taste so well! :D

I'm givin them an extra listen though thanks Ill!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:awesome:

Btw, I think sung tongs is a must if your going to mention animal collective.

Actually, I HIGHLYYYY recommend all of you listen to the animal collective he has mentioned. I woke up this morning, and listened to animal collective for over an hour just sitting in my bed. Such a good band. But not my fav xD
....I got ready for school listening to animal collective this morning.

Fall be Kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWaZJOU4GY8

this is the song that got me hooked on The Tallest Man on Earth.
I love that song.

But this song got me hooked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW96WAc3PRc&feature=related

heytallman

CTALL
I'm not going to bother quoting anything.

Illmatic - Good stuff! I saw a blog you made on All is Brawl once about all your music, and In the Court of the Crimson King is one of my favorite albums of all time. Like top 10 worthy. CY posted The Tallest Man on Earth a while back, that same song he just posted again. I loved that song, and really enjoyed a lot of his others. I love folk music. Even if you hate folk, I'd suggest checking out Simon and Garfunkel. They are legendary, and the first folk I ever listened to. Also, Led Zeppelin is in my top 5 favorite bands ever. Go listen to Pink Floyd's very first album: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn. I just looked at my CD rack, noticed it, and am wondering what you'd think. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

z00ted

i've listened to pink floyd before but some reason they just didn't work for me - I'll try that one though.

Thanks!

heytallman

CTALL
i've listened to pink floyd before but some reason they just didn't work for me - I'll try that one though.

Thanks!
Which Pink Floyd didn't work for you? They are my all time favorite band. Was it Ummagumma or Atom Heart Mother or something? Those albums are a little janky. Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are two great, easily accessible albums from them.

z00ted

Which Pink Floyd didn't work for you? They are my all time favorite band. Was it Ummagumma or Atom Heart Mother or something? Those albums are a little janky. Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are two great, easily accessible albums from them.
dark side of the moon :(

it was like two years ago though, I'm going to redownload both of those now.

in other news:

z00ted

.............................RT I WAS TRYING TO TALK TO YOU ON SMOOM'S ACcOUNT WHEN THIS HAPPENED DO NOT DENY IT.

Gea

Smash Master
Movies>>>>>>>music
Movies allow you to SEE the soundwaves in ways ******** music just can't. Noises you hear with your ears could be trying to say anything but seeing the Terminator skull**** the Incredible Hulk during Matrix: Fellowship of(f) the Hook is just so powerful. It makes me feel like I'm really skull****ing the Hulk!!!!

By the way guys the last song I listened through all the way was the Itsy Bitsy Spider. That **** was off the hook and I recited it in 10th and 11th grade and had to do it by heart at graduation in order to get my diploma. All music now is boring and too long so after the first chord I turn it off.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Illmatic's post with all the links overloaded my mind. I'm sure there's good music int here if people say there is, but I dunno where I'd begin to listen. Anyone mind saying what some of the best songs from some of the albums posted are? I figure I need to start listening to a wider variety of music since almost everything I listen to is either from Finland/Sweden (most people from Houston don't know any bands from those countries), or things like Rush, Al Stewart, Steely Dan, etc., or music that I've written (can't talk about that with other people either).

:059:

z00ted

just download every album and listen to every single one of them.

also tallman; wish you were here is :awesome:

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
omg i hope there isn't a metaknight in MvC3 im going to CRY waaahhhhh.

nothing can stop my ryu/arthur/thor team. muahahahaha

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Speaking of Sethlon...

Fliphop is undefeated on Brawl Tournaments Created By Sethlon.. TOMBALL MONTHLIES BABY!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Movies allow you to SEE the soundwaves in ways ******** music just can't. Noises you hear with your ears could be trying to say anything but seeing the Terminator skull**** the Incredible Hulk during Matrix: Fellowship of(f) the Hook is just so powerful. It makes me feel like I'm really skull****ing the Hulk!!!!

By the way guys the last song I listened through all the way was the Itsy Bitsy Spider. That **** was off the hook and I recited it in 10th and 11th grade and had to do it by heart at graduation in order to get my diploma. All music now is boring and too long so after the first chord I turn it off.
THIS ^ is how you people should communicate with me. I fully understand you Gea 100% agree.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Alright correction Word is better than Steve i'm sorry Steve fans

I expect a hype GFs at Pound with those two.

I really think Word has a solid camp game that will just counter Steve's Dedede. I mean he could CP MK but he has some good MK matchup experience with me. I heard he beat him in a MM at last tourney on WC at WGF it went to last hit last stock then Word timed him out :[ Anyways, this should be pretty hype. I serious think Word is a contender for top Falco besides DEHF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom