• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
This thread is juicy:awesome:

Looking at makes me second guess the expantion of the SA PR pannel, Even if I am a potentionl pannelist under consideration.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
If I go, it will be a one day trip. I just have to wait to get a call back from my job.

How long does getting the results from a drug test normally take?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It depends on how many drugs you've been doing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LMAO Personal attacks won't help u. But yes your gifted, at playing samus.
i didnt personal attack you.

Common sense used in everyday situations and encounters aren't BUILT in, u dont just wake up and know how to react to the world in the correct way. You learn and are taught, and from what you learn you derive your OWN common sense. We can keep talking about this if you want.
I have never been in/seen a situation to where a person with no arms comes up to a door and a person opens it for them yet i know you should attempt to open the door for them or at least ask them.

where is you major/minor now?

common sense consists of what people in common would agree on. Look it up if u dont believe.

Any civilized person with any sense of decency(aka normal person) would agree(in common) that you would want to open the door or at least ask them if they needed help.

gnes, i cant believe you payed U of H for those classes and they didnt teach you that basic crap. waste of money imo.

You bringing out random facts and labeling them as common sense doesn't bring any strength to your argument, especially considering you've pretty much admitted to being bias, which inherently skews your views on issues pertaining to the subject we're discussing

Random facts doesnt strengthen my argument because im not using it to do that. Im busting out these random facts to show you/everybody that if you cant even accept/understand THOSE then there is no way you will understand me. You gotta learn basic math before you upgrade to trig.

As for the bias, not one person can prove this. People(pj/p4/jerm and now you) just join the bandwagon because its "cool" thing to do or you dont wanna stand and speak your mind so u just join the rest . I openly admit all sorts of things that makes me/roy/houston/texas....ect look bad. So yea, no bias here untill proven.

I will say this. /serioustime

The only event Roy has been to in the past four months is Hobo 27. This is a major tourney. However, there have been many other Hobos and other small events in the past month (Smoomfests, Batman's Booty things, Sync's, Charity event etc.). This is not including some of the OOC/OOS events that some Houston people go to (Phase, San Antonio, VC, etc). So, assuming there is an event every weekend (which isn't true, but close enough), that means there were approximately 28 events or so to be considered...

So, Roy went to 1 out of 28. And...this is active? <_<

If he came back today and played everybody in houston. Would he beat(2-3 stock perhaps) p4/rt/pj/xyro/illmatic/smoom/jerm/sync/leaf/alpha/omega/gamma/fliphop/ozz? Yes. Would have legit shots at beating razer gnes trela? yes.

So wether he attened 1 hobo or 29 hobos/rusty or ready, Hes still going to **** all these people and ALL of you know it. But because he attened 1 out of "28 events(you shouldnt count those small fest/torunies)" he should be off the list or at least considered an HM? Thats ******** as hell and you are ******** as hell.

I think this is the problem most people have. You can't consider him active if there are other people who travel to tourneys ever other weekend or so
so if roy(or anybody) doesnt be as active as the majority of the others then he should lose ranking? no. thats stupid.

It's kind of like school...you show up one class and you're considered there for the whole year? No, you're still missing the other days and are considered absent, and you get DROPPED from the class.
Ok when roy shows up to one event a year. ill take heed of what you said.

Not to say Roy isn't skilled...we all know he is. But the fact that other people who regularly attend tourneys are being ignored over someone who has only been to one tourney in four months...something is wrong. You know I'm a fair person...you can't truly think this is fair. :(
Again its not about attendance. If it was then i should be #1 on the pr. Ive been to more events than any player in this city yet im not on there. I will not give credit to smoom/illmatic(for example ONLY) because they went to a **** load of events but only did decent a few times. Id rather give credit to some one who shows up(when they can) and places top 4-5 EVERY(or almost every) time they show up.....aka royr. THAT is fair.

"* Based off of: MMs,1vs1,tourney matches,placings, OOS/OOC player victories, votes"-this is what it says at the bottom.
yep. i need to add "common sense" to the list. people got to start using it or we are all in for a ****ty pr.

Roy never MMs...
Incorrect, he MMed furbs and broly at whobo 2.

1v1 and tourney matches are the same...placings?
Tourney matches=tourney matches
1vs1=friendlies.

Now dont start on me about how you/anybody doesnt try when they do friendlies. The moment you drive to the fest/tourney, enter, pick up the controler, use your main, then tell your friends that you beat ABCXYZ........you were trying. Stop johning and accept the truth.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Now dont start on me about how you/anybody doesnt try when they do friendlies. The moment you drive to the fest/tourney, enter, pick up the controler, use your main, then tell your friends that you beat ABCXYZ........you were trying. Stop johning and accept the truth.
If this is the case, I've beat Ozz, Jerm, and Gnes. Not consistently, but I've won a match or two.

JUJ

Smash Cadet
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 13 (13 members and 0 guests)
JUJ, Player-4, Illmatic., JNig, Leaf., TheJerm, Rockettrainer, greatness_007, CY, Xyro77, Zigsta+, Haptic

Whoa crazy:awesome:

BTW while there are so many of you here I am going to update the Thanksgimping thread soon.

Video of venue, and video of some of the FREE FOOD that will be available!!!

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Yall *****z need to download J coles new mixtape and stop arguing

Leaf let me know if you'll be able to go to Thanksgimping man

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If he came back today and played everybody in houston. Would he beat(2-3 stock perhaps) p4/rt/pj/xyro/illmatic/smoom/jerm/sync/leaf/alpha/omega/gamma/fliphop/ozz? Yes. Would have legit shots at beating razer gnes trela? yes.
The only problem is that, he wouldn't beat Gnes or Razer because he has ALREADY lost to them. And Trela goes even with him the last time they played...I'm sure Trela can probably beat him now. Jerm can beat him too. Both of them almost beat mikeHAZE...that's saying something.

So wether he attened 1 hobo or 29 hobos/rusty or ready, Hes still going to **** all these people and ALL of you know it. But because he attened 1 out of "28 events(you shouldnt count those small fest/torunies)" he should be off the list or at least considered an HM? Thats ******** as hell and you are ******** as hell.
Seriously? I thought this tier list was based on performance over a period of the four months...one tourney is hardly a performance. That would be like me winning one Hobo and saying I'm the best in Houston. Let me put it this way, if I somehow managed to win a Hobo...would I automatically get top 5 in Houston? Would I even be considered then? And please be honest.

so if roy(or anybody) doesnt be as active as the majority of the others then he should lose ranking? no. thats stupid.
I dunno if it was you or someone else, but I remember someone saying in the Texas PR that a decay rate should be applied for inactivity...so why is it that Roy is getting special treatment here? Excuse me if it wasn't you, but regardless...why should there special treatment?

For the record, schools semesters last about 4-5 months. Why do you think I used it as an example? Hmm...

Again its not about attendance. If it was then i should be #1 on the pr. Ive been to more events than any player in this city yet im not on there. I will not give credit to smoom/illmatic(for example ONLY) because they went to a **** load of events but only did decent a few times. Id rather give credit to some one who shows up(when they can) and places top 4-5 EVERY(or almost every) time they show up.....aka royr. THAT is fair.
Again, I thought the PR considered not only attendance but also PLACEMENT for those attendances. Using that logic, I should be there in the top 5 with you. Here's the catch...we might attend everything but we don't place high enough.[/quote]

Also, keep in mind this is why the Texas PR that a participant can only be counted if they've been to at least TWO tourneys...because showing up once doesn't not count as being active.

yep. i need to add "common sense" to the list. people got to start using it or we are all in for a ****ty pr.
I think everyone has common sense.

Those were outside the scope of the four months. <_<

Tourney matches=tourney matches
1vs1=friendlies.
Again, Hobo 27...that is all he has attended recently.

Okay, I have to call shenanigans...it's clear when people are and aren't trying in friendlies. Gnes is a good example. It's CLEAR when he's not trying...you've seen Gnes play super campy when he's serious. And you've seen him play friendlies where he's super aggressive. You can't tell me there's isn't a difference. Same for Jerm...you've seen him play matches aggressive and get ***** in friendlies vs timing people out in tourneys. You're going to deny there's a difference. When I play random characters I don't even know...you're telling me I play serious?

Also, at MLG, you were playing that little kid in friendlies with random characters....Fox, Ganondorf, Link, etc...ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO SIT THERE AND TELL ME YOU WERE TRYING 100%...THAT IS, TO YOUR FULLEST ABILITY...EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW YOU MAIN SAMUS? Remember, if you pick up the controller, you're playing serious.

Gnes

Smash Master
I have never been in/seen a situation to where a person with no arms comes up to a door and a person opens it for them yet i know you should attempt to open the door for them or at least ask them.

where is you major/minor now?

common sense consists of what people in common would agree on. Look it up if u dont believe.

Any civilized person with any sense of decency(aka normal person) would agree(in common) that you would want to open the door or at least ask them if they needed help.

gnes, i cant believe you payed U of H for those classes and they didnt teach you that basic crap. waste of money imo.

As for the bias, not one person can prove this. People(pj/p4/jerm and now you) just join the bandwagon because its "cool" thing to do or you dont wanna stand and speak your mind so u just join the rest . I openly admit all sorts of things that makes me/roy/houston/texas....ect look bad. So yea, no bias here untill proven.

Firstly, you attempt at defining common sense as a whole is all around HILARIOUS, especially since u used one connotation. But the funny part is that we were never defining common sense in the first place, but actively discussing how it was created and what things were dependent on it. Typing in common sense on google isn't gonna help u here. So yea, my major is still there, and still helping people like me make people like you who think they know everything look foolish in matters regarding society as a whole. And I literally LOL if you honestly believe that everyone's common sense upholds the same values and concepts. You need to look outside of the Box. But im done on this matter.

Next, U LITERALLY POSTED THAT u believe people don't like that you "back Roy_R". Like do you honestly believe that this doesn't lead to bias? Like lmafo come on man. The funny part is, no one truly cares if you back Roy_R, its just the after effects of that backing.

But the main issue, is that you truly believe that attendance is not important. That people who have spent there valuable time attending tourneys should not be placed in a higher light than those who don't. That is simply wrong.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I highly doubt Roy would lose to Trela or Jerm, or anyone in houston besides gnes/razer really.

I'll beat him in Marth dittos next time though :)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Why does my name keep popping up from you Allan, all I did was vote. Like you asked me to do. Did I vote for roy? No, but that doesn't matter because you probably did or would just put him on there anyways, and I don't feel that he's top 5 in Houston because he doesn't go to Enough tournaments and hasn't had any true accomplishments this whole year.

Oh, and don't be so sure roy would beat me. We havnt played since whobo2, and I've learned a good amount since then

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
thank you for that

also regarding RoyR I also did really good against him in friendlies.

in fact, his Marth is like the easiest one I've ever played.. we went 1-1, so don't say I would lose to him Xyro, even though Marth is my worst matchup.

I also don't think he should be counted towards the PR.

I've only met the guy once.

one more thing...

SINCE EVERYONE HERE IS DISAGREEING WITH ROYR BEING IN THE PR, and I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM EITHER

WHOOOOOOOOO DID!!?!!??

heytallman

CTALL
I don't see what's wrong with having everyone active vote.

Example: Billy Bob loves Smash! He goes to every tournament he can, and gets to know people and establishes himself in the community! He may miss an event or two, but he tries his best to go to whatever he can! When it comes time to vote for the PR, Billy Bob gets to vote!

However, Billy Bob gets a girlfriend and a job. Now he has to make time for Smash, and barely makes it out to tournaments any more. Now when it comes time to update the PR, Billy Bob doesn't get to vote.

It's as easy as that, and includes much less *****ing on everyone's part.

z00ted

agreeeeed.

I say, if you place top 8 at any tournament and or attend at least 50% of the tournaments in the previous four months you should be allowed to vote.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Well my list was

1. Gnes
2. Razer
3. Roy R
4. Trela
5. Ozz
HM: Jerm

But I didnt take into account activity, just ranked according to skill.
Why take this thing seriously anyways..
This is just a community list of whos good in our city, who cares about activity and ****. Hell Samboner ***** 1 tourney and then he was magically 3rd on our list..point is, this thing isnt even serious. We'd need a proper system and **** if we wanna take into account activity, but we don't cause the PR does that job. BUT IF YOU STILL WANNA ARGUE, i guess ill explain ****.

I put roy as 3rd cause I know he hasnt dropped a set to anyone in houston besides gnes/razer in like...forever? I dont think me jerm or trela have ever taken a set off him, and Fliphop hasnt since like 08.
Meanwhile me, trela, jerm, flip all pretty much go even with each other...there is clearly a gap of skill after gnes/razer/roy. because those 3 players **** on the rest of houston.

Now I'm just speaking historically, yeah maybe now jerm can beat him after seeing what he did to mike, same with trela, and maybe I will marth ditto roy and land 3 tippered bairs and then hit him at the edge with a jab into a tippered dsmash for the win and shake his hand and walk off and go watch other hyped matches....point is all of us have improved a lot since hobo 27 so who knows, the next list will obviously reflect.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
thank you for that

in fact, his Marth is like the easiest one I've ever played.. we went 1-1, so don't say I would lose to him Xyro, even though Marth is my worst matchup.

I also don't think he should be counted towards the PR.

I've only met the guy once.

one more thing...

SINCE EVERYONE HERE IS DISAGREEING WITH ROYR BEING IN THE PR, and I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM EITHER

WHOOOOOOOOO DID!!?!!??
friendlies
wut

:069:

z00ted

xyro said whenever you pick a controller, and shut yo moda ****in mouf

btw i wanna MM you again at Hobo 29.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The only problem is that, he wouldn't beat Gnes or Razer because he has ALREADY lost to them.
Did you read what i said? i said he has legit shots at beating them. did i say he WOULD/WILL beat them?

And Trela goes even with him the last time they played...I'm sure Trela can probably beat him now.
yea in friendlies he did. he might be better than him.

Jerm can beat him too.
until its prove, you are guessing.

Seriously? I thought this tier list was based on performance over a period of the four months...one tourney is hardly a performance.
if one event is all you have to work with.......then use that one event. Its not hard.

That would be like me winning one Hobo and saying I'm the best in Houston. Let me put it this way, if I somehow managed to win a Hobo...would I automatically get top 5 in Houston? Would I even be considered then? And please be honest.
Samboner got 3rd at ONE hobo and yall put him on the pr when we did votes. So i wouldnt put it past you guys if yall put rt on the list.

PS: we are not talking about putting royr as 1st....or 2nd....or 3rd. Common sense says tht if all u have to work with is ONE event then it would mean his palce may DROP but for him to be off the list is ********.

I dunno if it was you or someone else, but I remember someone saying in the Texas PR that a decay rate should be applied for inactivity...so why is it that Roy is getting special treatment here? Excuse me if it wasn't you, but regardless...why should there special treatment?

For the record, schools semesters last about 4-5 months. Why do you think I used it as an example? Hmm...
Sorry but highschool is longer than that and some schools are year around.

Again, I thought the PR considered not only attendance but also PLACEMENT for those attendances. Using that logic, I should be there in the top 5 with you. Here's the catch...we might attend everything but we don't place high enough.
ummmm u just said the same thing i said. we agree on this part.

Also, keep in mind this is why the Texas PR that a participant can only be counted if they've been to at least TWO tourneys...because showing up once doesn't not count as being active.
oh THAT inaccurate pr that put MAGIK in A tier? lol yea lol nice one lol. ill be sure to take that serious lol.

www.lol.com

I think everyone has common sense.
clearly not. its got worse once the brawl kids appear. i seriously think kids are getting more and more ******** over time.

Okay, I have to call shenanigans...it's clear when people are and aren't trying in friendlies. Gnes is a good example. It's CLEAR when he's not trying...you've seen Gnes play super campy when he's serious. And you've seen him play friendlies where he's super aggressive. You can't tell me there's isn't a difference. Same for Jerm...you've seen him play matches aggressive and get ***** in friendlies vs timing people out in tourneys. You're going to deny there's a difference
johns are for people who cant accept defeat. people who defend johners are poop faces.

rt=poop face

When I play random characters I don't even know...you're telling me I play serious?
re-read my post rt. stop going off track.

Also, at MLG, you were playing that little kid in friendlies with random characters....Fox, Ganondorf, Link, etc...ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO SIT THERE AND TELL ME YOU WERE TRYING 100%...THAT IS, TO YOUR FULLEST ABILITY...EVEN THOUGH WE KNOW YOU MAIN SAMUS? Remember, if you pick up the controller, you're playing serious.
yes i was playing serious in the friendlies i had with that kid. i have no issue admitting defeat.

Firstly, you attempt at defining common sense as a whole is all around HILARIOUS, especially since u used one connotation
i posted the important part.

But the funny part is that we were never defining common sense in the first place, but actively discussing how it was created and what things were dependent on it. Typing in common sense on google isn't gonna help u here.
it aint about helping me. its about help YOU since you didnt know what it means.

So yea, my major is still there, and still helping people like me make people like you who think they know everything look foolish in matters regarding society as a whole.
I told you to get a refund from U of H and let me teach you. You will learn more and ill charge 1/3 of what they charge you.

And I dont look foolish unless i walk around in a speed with nothing but a neck-tie. Nice try though!

And I literally LOL if you honestly believe that everyone's common sense upholds the same values and concepts.
*doesnt understand what that has to do with anything we have been talking about*

Next, U LITERALLY POSTED THAT u believe people don't like that you "back Roy_R". Like do you honestly believe that this doesn't lead to bias? Like lmafo come on man. The funny part is, no one truly cares if you back Roy_R, its just the after effects of that backing.
If you are gonna accuse me of being bias. PROVE IT. How does me saying what i said prove bias? Im thinking you dont even know what the term means. You just say it cause others did. Maybe you are on the bandwagon too?

But the main issue, is that you truly believe that attendance is not important. That people who have spent there valuable time attending tourneys should not be placed in a higher light than those who don't. That is simply wrong.[/QUOTE]

Why does my name keep popping up from you Allan, all I did was vote. Like you asked me to do. Did I vote for roy? No, but that doesn't matter because you probably did or would just put him on there anyways, and I don't feel that he's top 5 in Houston because he doesn't go to Enough tournaments and hasn't had any true accomplishments this whole year.

Oh, and don't be so sure roy would beat me. We havnt played since whobo2, and I've learned a good amount since then
I know you didnt vote for roy because you value activity over skill.

I did vote for roy.

I don't see what's wrong with having everyone active vote.
Allowing the masses to vote got us obama. im not gonna let that sort crap happen in the houston thread. you cant trust the masses.

But I didnt take into account activity, just ranked according to skill.
Why take this thing seriously anyways..
This is just a community list of whos good in our city, who cares about activity and ****. Hell Samboner ***** 1 tourney and then he was magically 3rd on our list..point is, this thing isnt even serious. We'd need a proper system and **** if we wanna take into account activity, but we don't cause the PR does that job. BUT IF YOU STILL WANNA ARGUE, i guess ill explain ****.

I put roy as 3rd cause I know he hasnt dropped a set to anyone in houston besides gnes/razer in like...forever? I dont think me jerm or trela have ever taken a set off him, and Fliphop hasnt since like 08.
Meanwhile me, trela, jerm, flip all pretty much go even with each other...there is clearly a gap of skill after gnes/razer/roy. because those 3 players **** on the rest of houston.

ah good ol pak attack. he literally SLAMS a creamy puddle of poop in them dumb kids face. i love it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGSbJQet_Xg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eGSbJQet_Xg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xe1600f&amp;color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom