• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
nice. thats on my youtbe account. such a good old melee vid. and super funny. most people wouldnt get it.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just when you thought it was safe to come back to the Houston thread...

HE STRIKES!!!

Xyro77

I think your over exaggerating with tis *melee days* thing
You would have to be there and then compare it to what you have in brawl. it really cant compare. heck even 08 melee sucks compared to the real "melee days"

offtopic but does anybody watch battlestar galactica?

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've had it recommended to me multiple times, but I haven't watched any episodes yet.

Xyro77

I've had it recommended to me multiple times, but I haven't watched any episodes yet.
yargh! its super super good. it made "TIMES" #1 tv show in 2005. i have questions about it but so far no one i know has seen it.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Could we broaded the houston pr to 10 people instead of 5? that way people can see who they have a better chance to beat.Lets be real here who the **** thinks they can take out the top 5? make it ten and people will try harder because theres more spots and the lower spots are actually takable.

just trying to promote tournament activity~

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*sigh*

Xyro, you know I support you in nearly everything you do, but I seriously can't support you here...

Ah well...also, would you mind releasing the total tally for the votes. I am still curious how everyone voted.

Also, it's interesting you bring up johning, because this means you have no reason to john about Lucario's aura, which I know you absolutely hate. And MK. And every time you do, I will call you poopface and tell you to deal with it.

You poopface. :p

DEAL WITH IT.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I just played Melee for the first time in ages.

I wish Brawl had never been created.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
We did 10 before if I'm not mistaken, and there was more drama than there was 5. You should have the mindset that you will sooner or later beat the top 5. Don't settle for less.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Let's see the votes. Who voted for Roy_R? I sense a scandal. This is gone be good.

Oh and idk if Roy would beat PJ. Tbh, I think dat boy Shadow1 would tap. He's been getting very well-versed in the Marth MU. I would say MM, but apparently he doesn't do those 2 often. I would say tourney set but apparently he doesn't do those either... =\

Edit: Apparently it was unclear, I was saying that Roy doesn't MM often and does not go to tournies thus PJ is unable to officially wax dat ***.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Let's see the votes. Who voted for Roy_R? I sense a scandal. This is gone be good.

Oh and idk if Roy would beat PJ. Tbh, I think dat boy Shadow1 would tap. He's been getting very well-versed in the Marth MU. I would say MM, but apparently he doesn't do those 2 often. I would say tourney set but apparently he doesn't do those either... =\

Edit: Apparently it was unclear, I was saying that Roy doesn't MM often and does not go to tournies thus PJ is unable to officially wax dat ***.
PP shall rise to the top.

Player-4

See you in 25 years

Lets get real here. I'd bet my left arm and right ear that Roy would win

PJ can't even beat my Marth
Looooool

Gnes

Smash Master
Ahh i finally got a good nights sleep. Well lets get to it.

Xyro, everyone knows how the votes went at this point. It's literally impossible with only you and ozz's vote for roy(probably at 3rd) for him to reach 5th tied with Ozz. Jerm already called you out on it, and I was gonna let it slide if you just admitted to being bias and actually amused me with a intelligent argument, cause i was actually having fun arguing, but you couldn't even do that.

So you wanted me to "prove" that your bias (should have recorded u irl, oh well), if everyone uses their intuition and look at the posts provided, we can all guess how the voting went. The question is how Roy_R, a person who doesn't even look at smashboards and doesn't care about the rankings, magically get tied at 5th. Who knows...

Also I'm pretty sure if jerm plays how he did against mike he'll be roy. Was really solid.

Time to play Mana Khemia. I feel awesome today, like, its gonna be a good day.

Xyro77

We did 10 before if I'm not mistaken, and there was more drama than there was 5. You should have the mindset that you will sooner or later beat the top 5. Don't settle for less.

Could we broaded the houston pr to 10 people instead of 5?
You guys want 10? We did 10 a while back when College Station and Beaumont wanted to be apart of our PR. But since they are gone.....should we? If you guys agree to it i guess we could add another 5 to the list. Let me know.

Also, it's interesting you bring up johning, because this means you have no reason to john about Lucario's aura, which I know you absolutely hate. And MK. And every time you do, I will call you poopface and tell you to deal with it.
Wow so u dont even know what a john is. You have been here for sooo long and you still dont know.

ill post the votes ina sec. hold on

Xyro77

****, i deleted it. but if you wanna know details i am not afraid to post it.

ozz put roy as 3rd and i did too. i THINK one or two others put him as an honorable mention. 1-5 get points and HM gets points. he and ozz tied in points. its simple.

edit: still waiting on proof of bias gnes.
edit: acusing me of rigging the votes is low.

Suspect

Smash Hero
ranking royR like that is stealing from the accomplishments of other players.

Does SA have santi on their PR? nope, hm wonder why

Gnes

Smash Master
Yea Gsus...lol im so addicted at alchemy its ********.
And suspect that argument was yesterday, the difference is that no one "backs" santi lmao.

Thats fine Alan, post the votes, clearly at least me/rt want to see

Regardless, the vote bias is a entirely different argument than the inactivity argument, but we can only handle one issue at a time

Xyro77

i said they were deleted. i delete them like i always have right after we vote. no one has had issues untill now. its unreal how you guys SEE and KNOW royr is top 5 yet you want to toss him out cause hes not active enough for you. its unreal.

about votes

i think EVERYBODY put gnes razer as first and 2nd. everybody put trela as 3rd cept zoi(i think) cause he put jerm as 3rd. me and ozz put royr as 3rd

Zori

Smash Champion
nope, i said gnes razer jerm trela and them myself (personal bias lol) but i forgot about flip at the time and then i said ozz OR roy as honorable mention due to inactivity

Xyro77

nope, i said gnes razer jerm trela and them myself (personal bias lol) but i forgot about flip at the time and then i said ozz OR roy as honorable mention due to inactivity
this^

i edited my post above while u posted this. ours match

Xyro77

i didnt count ozz's HM cause the way the votes were looking, he would get top 5. i think illmatic got an HM as well as fliphop

what do yall think about pj/flip idea? should 5 more be added to the list?

Xyro77

jerm. would u wanna address the post u made about me rigging brackets? gnes/razer/utd and other ALWAYS check my brackets.

Zori

Smash Champion
i honestly dont care, 5 will make us strong 10 will make us sloppy. and i cant bare to veiw another 20 pages of people arguing where they need to be

Gnes

Smash Master
i said they were deleted. i delete them like i always have right after we vote. no one has had issues untill now. its unreal how you guys SEE and KNOW royr is top 5 yet you want to toss him out cause hes not active enough for you. its unreal.

about votes

i think EVERYBODY put gnes razer as first and 2nd cept zori. i think zori but jerm as 2nd. Everybody else put jerm as 3rd but me and ozz cause we put royr there.
*You've activated my trap card, BACKUP PLAN!!!!!!*

I had a feeling something to this effect would happen, so beforehand i sent out a text asking everyone about their votes on the matter, simply because I wanted to believe there was some logical reason to why roy would be placed like he is on our PR with a inactivity factor(something you actually pointed out in the texas PR a while back). HOWEVER, I'm not gonna post anything, unless you want me to...this has gone farther than I would like, and quite frankly the arguments not really fun anymore and its getting in the way of me playing mana khemia right now.

So I'm done. I've confirmed what i wanted for myself, and this played out exactly how i thought it would.(ask sync/trela)

On to better things, i want to go to san antonio this weekend.

Xyro77

*You've activated my trap card, BACKUP PLAN!!!!!!*

I had a feeling something to this effect would happen, so beforehand i sent out a text asking everyone about their votes on the matter, simply because I wanted to believe there was some logical reason to why roy would be placed like he is on our PR with a inactivity factor(something you actually pointed out in the texas PR a while back). HOWEVER, I'm not gonna post anything, unless you want me to...this has gone farther than I would like, and quite frankly the arguments not really fun anymore and its getting in the way of me playing mana khemia right now.

So I'm done. I've confirmed what i wanted for myself, and this played out exactly how i thought it would.(ask sync/trela)

On to better things, i want to go to san antonio this weekend.
no please post w/e you have. it will help me remember and help everyone with their questions. so far all votes have been posted some where in this thread cept illmatics( i think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom