• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Monday night arguments being apart of new history is fun

Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Guys guys guys. The game has barely been out for 4 months. Only time will tell which ruleset is best. That said I enjoy the game I don't think Diddy or sonic ruin the game. I think people consistently complaining about the game ruins it. No shots to any one here mainly just an overall thing.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I think at the time he didn't realize how much of an impact the rage mechanic has on 2 stock rulesets. I think there's going to be alot of "upsets" at Apex because of rage and I don't think I'd want to take that risk either if I was a top player.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol 2 stock is not the ONLY reason I'm not going to a LOUISIANA (not TX) tournament. So how about you throw that hypocrisy into a blender and fly into the sun.

But yes, I didn't realize how stupid 2 stocks would be. It's terrible for the player. I'm also fearful of everyone jumping on the Apex ruleset bandwagon. Look at Brawl. You wanted that ruleset right? It helped speed up and turn the game into *** (in all caps). I'm already set on what I'm gonna do for January which doesn't involve traveling (minus SA which was at the beginning of the month). If the game ends up being 2 stock...well I'll cross that bridge when I'm there. But I know in my heart many good players and myself would lose in a 2 stock game because it's 2 stocks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
i admire your emotion right now

Why did I watch that?

Other than rage stuff, I don't like 2 stocks either for other reasons like its hard to make a comeback, one SD cost you the match, the person taking the first stock will probably win, etc..

I'm cool with 2 stock tournaments though, but would rather do 3.

Last edited:

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
3 stocks > 2 stocks.

Why would I throw away money into a game where a mechanic like rage or making one mistake such as an SD cost you a loss, or at least have a higher percent chance of losing when there's another option that gives us a much better opportunity to comeback. I'd want the best possible chance I have while making the game still enjoyable and allowing me to finish in a decent amount of time (unless you're playing BC then bring a book to read mid-match or something).

3 balances it out, gives enough time for a player to adapt throughout a match or set, and still run smoothly in a tournament setting.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326

are u fat Boy Poop77...stay everyday ahead of ur computer eating x-burguer and try to do DQ friends and any girlfriend at ur msn twitter and other Poop Tournaments..
Plz don't kill me or DQ me. This is a joke........ I was bored.. POOP77 XYRO PLEASE have mercy on my 16 10 year old soul... You are the best(and the only) Houston TO ever...

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Don't forget to redeem your codes for Smash Wii U/3DS for the soundtrack and to get Mewtwo DLC code in the Spring. It's the last day I believe.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*refuses to spend 100$ for mewtwo DLC*

*will wait for 10$ mewtwo DLC*

*wonders why Xyro would spend any amount of extra money on a bad game*

Also, I'm so glad everybody sees what I've been telling you all since day 1. 2 stocks sucks. Take this as yet ANOTHER "Xyro is always right" moment and learn from it. Learn that when I say things, it's ALWAYS right.

I'll miss the Nintendo direct. Will watch as soon as I get off work. I hope I hear something about Xenoblade 2

Last edited:

Denti

Smash Master
*wonders why Xyro would spend any amount of extra money on a bad game*
Saying things like THIS kills the community more than anything else and I hate how you don't see that.

Also not attending because of 2 stock is still a selfish decision. What if Dallas just said we don't want to travel for 3 stock? It'd be the exact same thing you're doing and it'd basically just kill the TX scene. I feel like 3 stock makes this game longer and Brawl like. Our game's life would go down because everyone would see more stuff like M2K vs Static manny on live stream (Sonic nearly taking it to time). Also saying 1 mistake makes you lose the game but I'd say get better. Melee is basically the same way in terms of making 1 mistake and people learned how to get better.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Saying things like THIS kills the community more than anything else and I hate how you don't see that.

Also not attending because of 2 stock is still a selfish decision. What if Dallas just said we don't want to travel for 3 stock? It'd be the exact same thing you're doing and it'd basically just kill the TX scene. I feel like 3 stock makes this game longer and Brawl like. Our game's life would go down because everyone would see more stuff like M2K vs Static manny on live stream (Sonic nearly taking it to time). Also saying 1 mistake makes you lose the game but I'd say get better. Melee is basically the same way in terms of making 1 mistake and people learned how to get better.
You are an excellent player but you are also quite possibly the most ignorant human being this side of Uranus (or mine lol) in regards to what grows/kills scenes.

Last edited:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Knowing Falcons Knee can do this as well makes me a happy camper.
Knees of justice for everyone.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
My school is doing a casual esque tournament today
Nice to know I can at least be better than a bunch of 15 year olds

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I whooped them in Brawl last year I'll whoop them in 4 this year little has changed

Top Bottom