• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably not, I don't think anyone here I played with has ever triple carted. Closest is Xyro, or maybe he has triple carted before. It's always the people with SHIELDS that cart first.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I've triple carted many times. **** games like monster hunter dish those out all day.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I've triple carted many times. **** games like monster hunter dish those out all day.
Yes, blame the game...just like when new gens complain about old school games being too hard.

Git gud.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Yes, blame the game...just like when new gens complain about old school games being too hard.

Git gud.
To be fair, many many old gen games were hard because absolute terrible game design or low budgets to debug.

MH3U came out in an age of money, huge dev teams and modern tech and it's STILL garbage.

Onion, sorry man, smash 4 is poo.

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
Insomnia had the same stage list as last time and i think i saw both port aero town and PS2 one time the entire tourney. I dont see it as a problem right now. As long as no one picks Jiggs on kongo cause you know, thats effing broken

Xyro77

Kill the star and then you have 11 seconds to kill one of the lightest characters in the game. Shouldn't be too hard.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ah hell yeah
Anyone wanna play Monster Hunter 3 when I fix my Wii U
I'd be down. Haven't played in a while and don't want to be rusty before MH4U comes out.
To be fair, many many old gen games were hard because absolute terrible game design or low budgets to debug.

MH3U came out in an age of money, huge dev teams and modern tech and it's STILL garbage.
Sorry, but a lot of modern games are garbage because of all the handholding and babying. They tell you what to do instead of showing you by example or giving subtle hints. Now it's a just a giant waypoint. Or they are full of QTEs to do the smallest of things. Or the worst offenders of all, offer "cinematic gameplay."

Hell, some people think Tropical Freeze was a hard game.

MH is literally three actions: attack, dodge/block attacks, and run. I'm sorry three actions is too much.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Pretty spot on. Personally I love the challenge. Monster hunter 3 ultimate and Dark Souls are easily my most played games besides Smash.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro confirmed poop, spread the word.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Next event should be Road to Poop

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Road to Poop the next big Smash tournament in Houston hosted by Poop and Airbrush King

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll be honest.
This game is pretty alright.

But the cancer still exists in various forms, so it isn't alright.
There's enough depth to implement here and there and enough characters that look viable right now to have a fun game that will start to settle and feel good within a short few months. If your scene doesn't support cancer (i.e. no where except places without Sonic and an average amount of diddy) its great.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That was before the darkness took over.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I quote razer tho

Almost everyone in this thread goes to tournaments whenever they feel like it regardless of the ruleset. Bottom line is that the game is fun. Alot of us are/were very for custom moves and we still attended tournaments that banned them.

I prefer 3 stock with custom moves on and my stagelist would be different than Apex/TGC, but the game is still fun without my preferred options. If we are going to play a multiplayer game, compromise will have to happen somewhere to bring us all together.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That is not the darkness I was referring to.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
I'll be honest.
This game is pretty alright.

But the cancer still exists in various forms, so it isn't alright.
There's enough depth to implement here and there and enough characters that look viable right now to have a fun game that will start to settle and feel good within a short few months. If your scene doesn't support cancer (i.e. no where except places without Sonic and an average amount of diddy) its great.
Honestly, sonic isn't that bad. Just nobody has patience and many didn't bother to learn the mu in brawl, so now sonic's come back to haunt them.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Honestly, sonic isn't that bad. Just nobody has patience and many didn't bother to learn the mu in brawl, so now sonic's come back to haunt them.
In Brawl, Sonic was just so outclassed by characters like Snake, Falco, Metaknight, ICs that guessing wrong 80% of the time and holding shield whenever things got confusing was all it really took to beat him.

He is worse than ever in the air and while he is still the fastest, I feel like people can keep up with him alot better in this game, if they even need to.

Only time will tell, but I don't think he will wind up being top tier in the long run (though no reason he won't stay viable).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
He won't. Sonic isn't that good. Everyone is just really bad at this game right now. :applejack:
Probably top ten material though.

Dallass does 2 stock? Welp, guess SA's never going there.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
In Brawl, Sonic was just so outclassed by characters like Snake, Falco, Metaknight, ICs that guessing wrong 80% of the time and holding shield whenever things got confusing was all it really took to beat him.

He is worse than ever in the air and while he is still the fastest, I feel like people can keep up with him alot better in this game, if they even need to.

Only time will tell, but I don't think he will wind up being top tier in the long run (though no reason he won't stay viable).
His aerial mobility really, really, sucks.
Marth's does too. Feels like I'm wading through honey.

Xyro77

My ruleset shouldnt be controversial at all if you learesn from brawl, Smash history and are willing to not ruin this game early.

More stages=more characters/strats become viable

3 stocks=it worked for brawl and works here. No need to lower stocks for a Faster Game.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
People don't realize how committed Sonic is in this game sometimes.

Strangely enough, there are like half a dozen clones of spindash in this game that are like...way better and don't take up two special moves.

Xyro77

Razer and others did travel to 2 stock events so he DID keep his word. But there is zero point in going to a 2 stock event with garbage rules only to lose 50% of a game because diddy did a Dthrow to uair to 1 of your 2 stocks.

You people do not realize that you are quickly ruining smash 4 all for money/viewers/fame.

Denti

Smash Master

Dallas is 100% like this. We still have people going one way or the other but we still attend. I just hope the rest of Texas is like this. We don't need great divides this early on.

Razer and others did travel to 2 stock events so he DID keep his word. But there is zero point in going to a 2 stock event with garbage rules only to lose 50% of a game because diddy did a Dthrow to uair to 1 of your 2 stocks.

You people do not realize that you are quickly ruining smash 4 all for money/viewers/fame.
First of all, Diddy Kong has nothing to do with 2 stock vs 3 stock. He's going to play the same regardless of how many stocks you have, just like every other character.

Second, attending one 3DS tournament months ago does not exclude his public statement colliding with this hypocrisy (assuming he actually said he isn't interested in attending 2 stock tournaments).

Last edited:
Top Bottom