• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I've said since day 1 this game is brawl 2.0

Shaya, Razer has always been a late bloomer new gen.

Last edited:

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Anyone else notice the stages for Insomnias tourney?

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Delphino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Duck Hunt
Mario Circuit
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2

Halberd
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Skyworld
Windy Hill Zone

I don't think I've ever played Port town or Windy hill on this game yet.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Today is the last day to register both Smash games for the free soundtrack. Don't forget to do that on club nintendo guys.

For those of you with only the Wii U version (Xyro), make sure you partner up with someone who has only the 3DS version so you can both get Mewtwo as well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I...don't think that's how it works. You will receive a unique download code that will work only once on one system I think. And both systems need to be registered under the same Club Nintendo account and the same NNID. At least that is how I understand it from previous similar promotions for other games...

Besides, he will be sold separately, it would be stupid to not do this.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Yes, if one person has Wii U only and one Person has 3DS only they both get it on their respective systems.

Unless you are suggesting they would give people 1 download code forcing them to pick one system to have the DLC on. That would be pretty dumb as a reward for people that supported both versions.

In any case, the point still stands. REGISTER THOSE CODES NOW!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Do you know what Brawl 2.0 means? That would mean the same game with just more character and stages. It's not. Similar, duh. Still has stark differences that doesn't make it Brawl 2.0.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Do what you gotta do.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Delphino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Duck Hunt
Mario Circuit
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2

Halberd
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Skyworld
Windy Hill Zone

I am going to blast Sonic Heroes and it will be glorious

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Starters:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks:
Delphino Plaza
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Duck Hunt
Mario Circuit
Port Town Aero Dive
Pokemon Stadium 2

Halberd
Pilotwings
Wuhu Island
Skyworld
Windy Hill Zone

Port Town is still the same as for Brawl for the most part, except the cars can probably kill slightly earlier than Brawl since DI for vertical knockback is non-existent. Not sure why this stage is legal...

Windy Hill Zone is just asking for people to camp. It was designed as an 8-player stage in mind.

Spend some time on all the stages and Omega forms (you can't walljump on some stages even though they appear to have a wall).

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
How are they good stages? They have so many hazards. Especially PS2 with the electric and wind transformations. Explain this madness!
Besides a quirk here and there, they aren't too majorly disruptive. And the hazards on Port Town are very easily avoided unless you're trying to get hit.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Huh. Interesting. But what about PS2? That just messes up the flow of the match IMO. I don't get it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People were concerned about the Flying transformation, which allowed some minor camping shenanigans. Then the Ice part just messed up everyone but ICs, but they got cut. There are some sliding shenanigans there as well. Ground was okay, but the small hill has some shenanigans. And the Electric part had the treadmills which had some cute shenanigans and made edgeguarding silly.

Tl;dr: WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, BAN IT PLZ.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
People were concerned about the Flying transformation, which allowed some minor camping shenanigans. Then the Ice part just messed up everyone but ICs, but they got cut. There are some sliding shenanigans there as well. Ground was okay, but the small hill has some shenanigans. And the Electric part had the treadmills which had some cute shenanigans and made edgeguarding silly.

Tl;dr: WAAAAAAAAAAAAH, BAN IT PLZ.
I agree. Plz ban this silly stage!

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I just noticed Castle Siege is banned. I don't get it that's a solid counterpick and the only real problem with the stage is a walkoff and that doesn't last that long.

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
This tournament gears more towards the casual gaming scene. They made some strides to make it more competitive, but don't expect 100% TGC rules. Best to go here and play for fun and check out their store.

When they first started it was strictly Best of 1 / FD / Double elimination tournament.

Xyro77

Its insomnia. They are not known for keeping up with the scene. They do their rules mostly by the ones who recommend a ruleset

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, don't take this tourney as being too serious. If anything, I will probably CP everyone to PS2 or Mario Circuit every single chance I get.

Save the salt for either FG or TGC.

Xyro77

Do you know what Brawl 2.0 means? That would mean the same game with just more character and stages. It's not. Similar, duh. Still has stark differences that doesn't make it Brawl 2.0.

BRAWL

SMASH 4

DIFFERENT LOOKING BUT ITS THE SAME GARBAGE GAME WE PLAYED FOR 6 YEARS. BRAWL 2.0

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm just waiting for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate at this point.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just don't cart three times, and we'll be fine.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
lol, have i ever done that? i played monster hunter 3 sparsely but i can't remember if we played or not, rt
oh yeah.. my phone's working again (finally caved in and got an iphone) for anyone who wants to have some late night fun ;)

832-421-7895

Last edited:
Top Bottom