• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Hey lol I still almost beat Mouf and DoH. I'm not that bad..considering it was my first time playing =P

Rules:

Can we do it like Pokemon? We choose a starter and can't return players but have players to counter when one player is knocked out?

20 Stocks
No character changes (This means you can't change during your turn as opposed to telling the other team who you will use and then change when you fight right?)
All Neutrals

P.S. I have no idea how crew battles work XD

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
okay a few things:

first, let's not talk about brawl here (it sux)

second, i didn't even agree to the crew battle lol cmon...

i'll say this, and i'm not tryin to be mean or anything, but if we do a crew battle i'd like for it to be a little bit more even to make it more interesting. i think we should switch up the people a little bit but that's just me

edit: not trying to sound arrogant or anything although i am pretty **** amazing but i think it'd be most fair if it was jeremy, syba, xzalla, then either me or gabe but not both...

Velox

Smash Ace
I'm not going to argue with that because there is too much stuff I'd have to say. Possibly twice as long or longer than my original post, and, I've got to get to school. However, I'd be glad to argue it in person if we meet soon enough that it's still a hot topic.

I was referring to Capitalism being broken because the money isn't trickling down like it's supposed to be, btw.

And this isn't ancient Mongolia with Genghis Khan. There, they would often vote on issues and topics by their mere presence at a debate. In todays day and age I'm sure I often associate with terrorists or killers I'm sure, but doesn't mean I agree with it. An obvious faulty logic, public opinion altering remark.

Are you sure about that tax policy? I think you might (or I might) need to go take another look at it. It seems weird they'd tax revenue alone. That doesn't make sense.

You think those illegal immigrants are going to get that health care (at least to a significant degree)? hah, that sounds more like a problem of enforcement rather than policy. And no.. it's not an unrealistic policy for AMERICA.. Also, 40% of people don't pay taxes.. WHAT? There isn't even but like a 10% max unemployment rate in America, see the ever-strange income tax.

There was some other stuff I might comment on later, but I'm about to be late for schoolz.

Heh, that was a good read though, honestly. You have reasons at least.

plus, don't patronize my bipartisan ways and then call me a democrat :)

and the situation with Hussein (not Barack, but the other one lol) was different than the issue on terrorism. We should have eliminated his regeim, made Iraq a vassal state :), and then left heh

You do have stances against Obama, but I still think that if you think deep down and weigh the two, you'd find Obama better (if they both do as said). Plus, the way the voting system works, is to access what we all want, we are all supposed to selfishly vote for which candidate benefits yourself. And I'm doing that (Barack's education reforms, etc.) directly affect me.

why does everyone always think Gabe's bad at melee?

Velox

Smash Ace
Well, I guess I should word that better, they do tax revenue, but with business tax cuts and what not, you don't actually get taxed on true revenue per say. I guess I should know that seeing my parents own a rent house.. I didn't actually know the specifics, but I remember knowing that it wasn't the deal Republicans made it out to be. Also, I think it's percent based. So in other words just because you're over 250 you won't get massively ***** like those with skyrocketing high revenue.

I don't care enough about that issue anyway.

Let's talk about McCain's spending freezes instead and how they'd negatively affect America in our sustained future and our place in the global future. I think this is more important than the tax issues actually. It's all in what we perceive to be important.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Reguardless of politics....

If I held a Melee only tournament in New Branfuls how many of you would attend assuing you have a fair amount of warning before I host it?

I'm not sure on the date yet, I'm trying to see when I could pull the most people.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Reguardless of politics....

If I held a Melee only tournament in New Branfuls how many of you would attend assuing you have a fair amount of warning before I host it?

I'm not sure on the date yet, I'm trying to see when I could pull the most people.
STFU GETFO YOU NOOB NOBODY LIKES YOUR PUNK-***.

I wouldn't go to that ****!!!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Who thinks G@be is bad at melee? He's the best Falcon in Houston

And STFU about politics...it's over now lol wait until Palin comes up though XD so many people are already going to vote for her lol she has more publicity now than she did during the election.

Chris T. is about to get it in all his holes XD

P.S. Dayum JF XD It depends on when it is lol I probably wouldn't go out there if it was a random weekend...maybe during a holiday time and if anyone else goes

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i'd want the teams more even but i'll agree to whatever team yall make.
Also, Royr > Gabe?
xzalla where do you live?

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
odds are chris t. is actually a good/decent player and wants to pretend to be ****ty so he can "throw it in our face" when he beats somebody. if that's the case, your joke is lame

G@BE

Smash Lord
@ Timerbomb

I would say we are about even. He plays brawl now to ever practice melee. and I don't ever get to play anyone melee...
Odds are though if he were to start playing alot more it would get a little crazy. That and im trying to practice some things now soo....

I assure you the next time me and you do play though. It will be alot better.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
yo linguini, even if there's not a tournament you should come to my house and play some smash, i'm pretty good.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I'm better XD and I just got back from Chris T.'s house. He has a good Link, beat Aaron a few times but they're tied for the most part I thinklol

I effin beat Jeremy Feifer in a set and grudge matches (ima let this one go to my head lol)

You're next James lol whenever you can play.

I got last on my way home T_T it was scary XD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
in case u guys forgot....

the rankings for melee have been sealed. royr is the best player in houston

Sybawave

Smash Ace
No, you're rankings for Melee are sealed. There are still players playing and rankings can't just get sealed like that. I mean you could put a date on those ranks but it's not going to change who the best player in Houston is NOW. That title goes to Ronnie

G@BE

Smash Lord
He has a point... allan...

on a brighter subject

Me and Bear are playing tomorrow morning. If anyone wants to join let me know IM me or call me oRRRRR PM me.

I would also like to get something together friday night or saturday at anytime. Let me know whats up yall!!!!!!!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Saturday I can't but Friday before 4 I might be able to depending on where it is at.

Okay what are the teams now?

Timerbomb and Bacon are what has been said and Stark, Chris T., and Baka are the other players they can pick from I think.

Jeremy Feifer, Syba, and who can we add to make it more even? HEY! We should just do a crew battle 2v4 XD jk

When can we play Mouf?

G@BE

Smash Lord
James

Would you like to meet up this weekend and play.

I PROPOSE an alliance The next melee tournament me and you should team. It would be very interesting.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
You should've came with us last night. We were in your area...or did you go back to Galveston already?

IM me if you want to get together and play. I'm pretty close I guess

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Bacn is awesome for suggesting it lol now all we have to do is execute it....so who wants to do that part?

Chris when can you play? I'll be free this weekend I think just give me times

Tarzan I'll play with you too

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
**** Tarzan all day every day? What about **** breaks pee breaks and masturbation breaks? Lets not forget showers... you must smell terrible.

Allan how are you still alive?

James, lets milk match.

And if anyone wants to play during the week let me know ;-)

I challenge anyone to a MM by the way, that would be fun.

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
no the crews will either be 4 on 4 or 5 on 5. with a 20 stock max.
and if you get gabe/mouf, we get the other?

WHO WANTS TO PLAY CRASH TEAM RACING?

also for the crew battle rules i'd like:
no changing characters
counterpicks allowed
20 stock divided evenly among the players

Velox

Smash Ace
Who thinks G@be is bad at melee? He's the best Falcon in Houston
People have historically insulted Gabe's skill at the game for some reason.

You guys want to talk about melee, so let's talk about melee. For so much (some of it serious I'm sure) talk about Gabe's skill at this game, he'd take anybody in the state to near defeat. In fact, he'd of done better against Ronnie than Cave did recently (no offense). Really, the only players I see flat out destroy Gabe are the Peaches, his worst matchup as far as I'm concerned, and even then that's only like DoH/Xelic. Gabe has beaten many good players, Mouf, Sethlon, etc. Not many can say that. If it's something specific about his style, then speak now, or forever hold your peace.

I still think Gabe's Marth has the best chance out of anyone in Houston (other than Roy) to actually beat Ronnie in a set for once.

Roy_R is the best Falcon. His matches vs. Forward proved it to me more than anything else.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
someone should get at me i want to play. im free ALL day every day.
wtf, then why did you charge me last time we ****ed???

syba don't talk big if you're not willing to put money on the line, clearly you don't REALLY think you're better yet then. but yeah i dunno when i'll be free anytime soon though...

G@BE

Smash Lord
Ronnie is really good.... really really good... >:]

If i had been smart about it i think i could have been there with ronnie in the finals but... DoH just has my number usually :D

DoH is extremely good at that. I need to just flat out play more... Seeing as i basically had not picked up a controller in a few months before the tournament and the only real reason i was there was to say farewell to Ronnie.

Velox
We need to start playing more together. I can honestly admit that period of time when we played like everyday was when i became a smarter and more technical player. I don't have that anymore to keep me fresh. I'm actually almost thinking of giving up falcon and just playing marth from now on. Marth is just so inventive is awesome :D

Sybawave

Smash Ace
syba don't talk big if you're not willing to put money on the line, clearly you don't REALLY think you're better yet then.
NO WAI! gj gj on noticing that lol as if it couldn't have been anymore obvious. And why does money have to be on the line?

Ok now I really want to play Gabe's Marth lol ima git *****

Who is on your team Vic? And I think we should do 5v5

I think losing team should get the counterpick not the team that loses. So if the stocks are like 15 - 12 and Team A lost, Team B should get the counterpick because they're still losing.

And can anyone play today?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Here is some chicken noodle soup for the soul on a couple things.

1)Allan, I'm starting to think that you continue to come to this thread not to annoy or piss-off anyone. Rather you just enjoy the company of us melee smashers. Is it because all the Brawl players are little kids who lack originallity and all have personality issues? I dont know. I just have a feeling you miss playing a few people in this thread.

2)Velox, your post are both really educating and really long.

3)Syba, Yes he beat me in the set and grudge matches.

4)Gabe, Gabe is cute (yeshomo), don't get me wrong. I just find it alittle weird that Gabe has an excuse everytime that he loses, on why he lost... Im not saying your not good Gabe. You beat me in the set at the last tourney. Im just saying... well you know.

5)Everyone who is talking about playing. It doesn't mean anything unless you actually take some kind of action... talk is cheap. Iv gone to more smash things in this month, than the last two years combined so... Im game if anyone else is. My number: (713)505-8688

6)Chris-T, he's good, GREAT for a link player. But he plays like an asian (pure mind games, not that much tech skill).

7)Jeremy Feifer, ...sexy.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Is this thread... FOR REAL?, a Melee tourney, my favorable game over Brawl? in Houston?

This thread just made my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom