• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

I'm by Beltway 8.
:)

Gotcha? What Day? ;)
Anyday any time.

ALSO EVERYONE:
Do not count on me showing up to anything were there is Brawl.
I will not comprimise.
If there will be playing of Melee and Brawl, I will not go.
I will only go to things that are 100% Melee.
^This is the reason I didn't attend Axxo's fest.
I got 6 Phone calls and 1 txt(G@BE) telling me to go.
Well now you know why I didn't.
No Brawl, = me Show.
The end.

@Syba, G@BE will never team with me therefor you will always be my team partner.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD o ok

And there was not that much Brawl at the Smashfest anyway...after 7 Ultimate Razer left and all the set ups belonged to SSBM and we played for the next 4 hours

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Anyday any time.

ALSO EVERYONE:
Do not count on me showing up to anything were there is Brawl.
I will not comprimise.
If there will be playing of Melee and Brawl, I will not go.
I will only go to things that are 100% Melee.
^This is the reason I didn't attend Axxo's fest.
I got 6 Phone calls and 1 txt(G@BE) telling me to go.
Well now you know why I didn't.
No Brawl, = me Show.
The end.

I see you are quite the Anti-Brawlist arent' you? :) It's quite ironic for you to have the Toon Link icon rather than Y Link.

but yes, Melee is the better game
even though I somewhat like Brawl

G@BE

Smash Lord
haha

I see alot of people who never saw melee played at competitive levels and only play brawl. They think melee is really cool and like how it is very fast.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
I'll show up at both hybrids and Melee events for publicity's sake when my time allows it (which it hasn't as of late). As far as hosting tournaments though it's only going to be Melee from me with Brawl casual if anyone wants to. I would be a **** to not allow people to play Brawl if they wanted.

And on a personal level I greatly prefer Melee even after giving Brawl a few more chances.

Edit: added Axxo's event to the original post

Popertop

Smash Champion
It seems kind of backwards to not go to a melee event just because Brawl is there.
It makes more sense to go anyway and try to get more people into Melee, since it's the better game and would attract more players over a longer time anyway, right?

XZalla

Smash Journeyman
I'm still going to do the crew battle! I only said that I wouldn't do it if I lacked any practice.

Good games everyone! Those were some beastly matches! ;>

Axxo - thanks for having the fest! we need to play next time

Bear - i can't believe i finally beat your shiek for once. it was good to play you 1v1 after a long time.

Tarzan - your knee is too good. you always hyping me up! :laugh:

G@be - them f-air combos with marth were somethin fierce.

Sybe & Dawn - y'all really gave me some trouble during those team matches. fun matches!

Sybawave

Smash Ace
@Velox: lolwut? Did not understand that at all XD

Josh: YES! Ok, so we have Tarzan and Josh

Lol yeah those were some fun matches...now if only Jeremy and I can play like that lol

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
It seems kind of backwards to not go to a melee event just because Brawl is there.
It makes more sense to go anyway and try to get more people into Melee, since it's the better game and would attract more players over a longer time anyway, right?
This man speaks truth.

Axxo

Smash Apprentice
Fine i will make a deal with yall............one month i will make only melee then the next month both.......and then back to melee yall kool with that.....

November Weeks-Melee only
December Weeks-Both Melee n Brawl
January Weeks-Melee Only
February Weeks-Both Melee n Brawl
And so on...........

Update​
.......................................................................................................................................................................................
Its Pronouncd (All-Mow-Bow)

AwL
MoBo​

(Axxo's Weekly Living Melee Or Brawl Orgie)
When: Every Saturday (unless its been canceled or a if theres a Hobo)
There will be SSB
,SSBM,SSBB,SSBB+
Also a Tournament if more than 10 people show up.
Plz bring Set-ups

Tourny Rules:
Melee: MLG Rule Set
Brawl: Hobo Rule Set

Entry Fee: $4
Axxo Cool Fee: 4$ <-----Sry but need money to run these things.

Payout:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Call cell for any Questions
832-659-9561

Calendar
November Weeks-Melee only
December Weeks-Both Melee n Brawl
January Weeks-Melee Only
February Weeks-Both Melee n Brawl
And so on...........

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only reason I let this thread exist is because Houston Melee and Houston Brawl can't play nice together. If they can now there's no reason for 2 Houston threads...

So should I be changing the title back or just closing this altogether?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
The only reason I let this thread exist is because Houston Melee and Houston Brawl can't play nice together. If they can now there's no reason for 2 Houston threads...

So should I be changing the title back or just closing this altogether?
Hey DREW!, calm down....

Anyone Im not telling everyone else not to go if theres Brawl, thats just me. I dont like the Brawl community. There different, I dont want them in my presence.... unless its a melee only thing, cause then I can say STFU when they ask me questions on BRawl... amongst other things. I just dont want a conversation about Brawl being good to come up... I dont want to even see Brawl played.... it makes me angry. I have anger issues, I also am not good at dealing with those issues.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD Change it back to the Houston Melee Thread. It's confusing and now we might have SSBB players come in here. It also helps people from out of town know the difference. None of the SSBM players go to the Houston Thread because they hate us so we will most likely miss an SSBM player coming into town.

Linguini knew where to go because this thread said SSBM so he came in here. If he had gone to the other one then mots of us would have probably not known he was coming.

P.S. We'll never get along with SSBB players

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
XD Change it back to the Houston Melee Thread. It's confusing and now we might have SSBB players come in here. It also helps people from out of town know the difference. None of the SSBM players go to the Houston Thread because they hate us so we will most likely miss an SSBM player coming into town.

Linguini knew where to go because this thread said SSBM so he came in here. If he had gone to the other one then mots of us would have probably not known he was coming.

P.S. We'll never get along with SSBB players
I actually didn't know there was a melee thread until now. WTF is wrong with me? Seriously guys, I'm so tired of Brawl, I want to get good at melee again (at least back to my old self :p)

As soon as the baby falls asleep, somebody better play me. And what is this about Linguini?! He is my hero of Ganon mains, I think he's the best.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD I thought you told me that Josh was lol

And Linguini is coming to Beaumont during Christmas and he wanted to know if there were any SSBM tournaments. Personally I think Magus' Ganon is the best...because it beat M2k 1 time lol

I'm right next to you so call/PM/text when you're ready (P.S. Don't go off the number in my sig) lol But don't expect to win XD

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
XD I thought you told me that Josh was lol

And Linguini is coming to Beaumont during Christmas and he wanted to know if there were any SSBM tournaments. Personally I think Magus' Ganon is the best...because it beat M2k 1 time lol

I'm right next to you so call/PM/text when you're ready (P.S. Don't go off the number in my sig) lol But don't expect to win XD
I didn't tell you Josh was Lol, I just said that his Ganon and mine were different. He is more aggressive, kills quicker, edgeguards WAY better. Also, he has been becoming increasingly better while I just get worse and worse as time passes.

I really don't expect to win against you, I know you've been practicing and I suck at this game anyway, lol. But come over regularly and I promise that I'll catch back up quickly. With good competition, the learning curve is very steep (it's a tough climb but much faster)

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD I'm good but not that good lol and your edgeguarding is better lol trust me

But Josh is amazingly fast and definitely knows how to keep them Fairs coming.

What would coming over regularly be? Since you aren't that far away it isn't that much of a bother. And YES! That's right lol feel the power of SSBM burn within you!

HEY! Now that Paul is semi back we might have another southside player lol so if we were to do crew battles based on region in Houston then the south side would have

Tarzan, Me, James, and Paul...awesome XD

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
XD I'm good but not that good lol and your edgeguarding is better lol trust me

But Josh is amazingly fast and definitely knows how to keep them Fairs coming.

What would coming over regularly be? Since you aren't that far away it isn't that much of a bother. And YES! That's right lol feel the power of SSBM burn within you!

HEY! Now that Paul is semi back we might have another southside player lol so if we were to do crew battles based on region in Houston then the south side would have

Tarzan, Me, James, and Paul...awesome XD
I'll begin practicing again on my technique today or tomorrow. I'm still kinda sick so my concentration is aweful, I don't feel like playing anybody until it subsides. Dude, Sybawave, I'm glad you exist because I really switched to Brawl cuz Stiltz abandoned Melee. However, I am ready to switch back. Also, is your name spelled Van or Von?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
No, you're rankings for Melee are sealed. There are still players playing and rankings can't just get sealed like that. I mean you could put a date on those ranks but it's not going to change who the best player in Houston is NOW. That title goes to Ronnie
If melee had a scene then i guess the rankigs could change. But since there a MAX of 12 peope on a GOOD day.......yea the rankings are sealed. GGs though!

Here is some chicken noodle soup for the soul on a couple things.

1)Allan, I'm starting to think that you continue to come to this thread not to annoy or piss-off anyone. Rather you just enjoy the company of us melee smashers. Is it because all the Brawl players are little kids who lack originallity and all have personality issues? I dont know. I just have a feeling you miss playing a few people in this thread.

2)Velox, your post are both really educating and really long.

3)Syba, Yes he beat me in the set and grudge matches.

4)Gabe, Gabe is cute (yeshomo), don't get me wrong. I just find it alittle weird that Gabe has an excuse everytime that he loses, on why he lost... Im not saying your not good Gabe. You beat me in the set at the last tourney. Im just saying... well you know.

5)Everyone who is talking about playing. It doesn't mean anything unless you actually take some kind of action... talk is cheap. Iv gone to more smash things in this month, than the last two years combined so... Im game if anyone else is. My number: (713)505-8688

6)Chris-T, he's good, GREAT for a link player. But he plays like an asian (pure mind games, not that much tech skill).

7)Jeremy Feifer, ...sexy.

honestl, im here to have fun chatting about a dead game and wach people to and keep it alive....and fail

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I went ahead and took initiative.

Also our tourney on December 6th has no Brawl, so obviously Velox and Jeremy have to go :).

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Drew, just having a bit of fun after Von pointed out that the Brawl thread didn't even say "Houston Brawl" in it. Changed it exactly before I was going to! It was only a bit of ribbing, but somehow it got Clueless' attention so maybe people really are just ignorant of the thread itself. Mouf and Dawn need to get their butts in here.

If anyone can dig up information on the rankings system I'll begin tracking people at the start of the new year. Fresh rankings with information on individual tournaments as well will definitely be posted in the original post.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I went ahead and took initiative.

Also our tourney on December 6th has no Brawl, so obviously Velox and Jeremy have to go :).
Mabey. I will definitly look into it.

Drew, just having a bit of fun after Von pointed out that the Brawl thread didn't even say "Houston Brawl" in it. Changed it exactly before I was going to! It was only a bit of ribbing, but somehow it got Clueless' attention so maybe people really are just ignorant of the thread itself. Mouf and Dawn need to get their butts in here.

If anyone can dig up information on the rankings system I'll begin tracking people at the start of the new year. Fresh rankings with information on individual tournaments as well will definitely be posted in the original post.
New Rankings...?

1)Ronnie-Sideeffect
2-4)James-Mouf
2-4)Alex-Sethlon
2-4)Gabe-G@BE
5-7)Jeremy-Jeremy Feifer
5-7)Von-Sybawave
5-7)Lewis-Dawn
8-10)...-Timerbomb
8-10)Josh-XZalla
8-10)Chris-Velox

Everyone agree? O.K Awesome! this is the current rankings. IF you do not agree obviously you think your better than you really are.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OmegaKoopa, where on Beltway 8 are you?

SSBM is the better game lol now we just need everyone else to realize that

Yes I realize Melee is the better game, and to answer your question I'm right by Veterans Memorial and B-8 intersection. :)

and Feifer, I will see you soon
. ;)

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
ya tarzan maybe we can team. i got a few ppl who want to team but we'll see bc idk who all is going to what tournament.

Velox

Smash Ace
also, to allan

I've decided the only thing in common between brawl and melee is the name.

It's like all of you have started playing My Little Pony competitively.

valgar2900

Smash Journeyman
Mabey. I will definitly look into it.

New Rankings...?

1)Ronnie-Sideeffect
2-4)James-Mouf
2-4)Alex-Sethlon
2-4)Gabe-G@BE
5-7)Jeremy-Jeremy Feifer
5-7)Von-Sybawave
5-7)Lewis-Dawn
8-10)...-Timerbomb
8-10)Josh-XZalla
8-10)Chris-Velox

Everyone agree? O.K Awesome! this is the current rankings. IF you do not agree obviously you think your better than you really are.
y im not on this im better than at lest 10 of the ppl thats on it.

ya tarzan maybe we can team. i got a few ppl who want to team but we'll see bc idk who all is going to what tournament.
its ok ill just beat them all just point me to them. lol jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom