• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
"Heck yeah, I voted for Obama. I won't explain it, because if you voted for McCain, there's no way you would ever change your mind. You're drinking his Kool-Aid."

^^Phail much???

And why are you trying to bring Allan back in to this thread? We have like a page of this argument already...it's over...he's to stubborn to listen to us.

And the n00bs want a life, that's why they go to those tournaments lol ironically they're doing the wrong thing to get one XD

Who's the best in your area Stark? I know you have Baka/Timerbomb/Bacon/Yourself but that's all that I have heard of so far

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
"Heck yeah, I voted for Obama. I won't explain it, because if you voted for McCain, there's no way you would ever change your mind. You're drinking his Kool-Aid."

^^Phail much???
No sir. It was too well done.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
If Houston the Houston Melee scene is waiting for a Melee tournament, you should check out LasT 2 in Louisiana on Nov. 22nd:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199601

I dunno how many from Houston are going to OH SNAP, but if you're not going there, check this out. It looks like some of Mississippi and Florida (the panhandle) will make an appearance, as well as Louisiana's best.

This is a Brawl and Melee event, so only Singles are planned so far. Teams will happen only if time permits. I hope to see some of you there!

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Obama is black...Kool-aid-Black people...McCain is white
That's not what he's pointing out however. He's pointing out the flawed idea of not debating because the other person is 'brain-washed' and better yet by using the same argument back. But thanks for pointing out how obviously racist Allan really is. Truly a lovable quality.

I updated the front of the thread with some events happening elsewhere with Melee tournaments. If you guys are really hankering for some SSBM it might be a good idea to go out in search for it if no one is willing to host. On a lighter note as far as that goes I'm actively looking for a job that would be more willing to give me the proper time off in order to host these events.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Allan please reconsider doing the melee tournament at your Hobo 2 day event. I will gladly run it for you while your busy with brawl.

both games can live in peace

there both equally good games.

close to the same but nothing alike.

Whats with the people from Mississippi lol

I'm pretty positive Sethlon, Roy R, Sideeffect and myself could trash the entire state...
Actually all we need is Sethlon cuz he likes taking 12 stocks from crews for no reason xP or was it 11?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not that I usually agree with Xyro or anything but I can't really see Melee and Brawl at the same event working well. Maybe only if Brawl was all Saturday and Melee all Sunday or something like that. But usually when they try to do both games at the same event one (Melee) generally gets overlooked.

G@BE

Smash Lord
Sethlon is amazing

the point is that Sethlon likes going first in crews and takes a shiz load of stock. The rest would not have to do so much work :p

Gabe>Toast and Syba... jk dawg

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD who is Toast?

And Sethlon is amazing lol craziest Roy ever.

Hey, does anyone on the southside want to get together tomorrow and play Smash? Mainly asking Timerbomb and company

Stark

Smash Rookie
Who's the best in your area Stark? I know you have Baka/Timerbomb/Bacon/Yourself but that's all that I have heard of so far
Timerbomb. Obviously. He taught me how to play way back.

Hey, does anyone on the southside want to get together tomorrow and play Smash? Mainly asking Timerbomb and company
Well, I think Timerbomb and I are going to Bacon's place like we usually do. You're gonna have to talk to him I guess.

-SFu

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I haven't been on smashboards in forever and i'm not going back to read through 10 pages of this, but i saw my name so..someone catch me up briefly?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Syba and maybe JF since he is around
Yo if we getting together I need a location... so I can mapquest... also I would like to be home by 9pm...........................................so yeh, a.s.a.p get me the info.

Von, have you talked to anyone about getting together?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I love chris.

AT TGM

You know whats weird about your statement... you admit that brawl sucks... but you play it for reasons mainly being cause alot of others play it... But your not winning in it... so I ask you. What is it about a game that has a ton of players that makes you want to play?

Is it, you like being surrounded by little kids?
Do you want attention?
Tryinng to make new friends?...
What is it?...

Basically,... Your saying you'll play a game that sucks (that you think sucks), just to have the company of others?

Your not playing for money or fun... so What are you playing for?

Serious question?...
i play it for fun and the fact that the scene is growing. i dont care about winning or else i would have gone snake ages ago.

By condescending to us? Allan, your post is aimed at everyone in this thread in a bad way.
your one to speak about being annoying.

anyways...

its a choice to take my posts in a bad way if i did not specificly quote or direct a comment at you.

But thanks for pointing out how obviously racist Allan really is. Truly a lovable quality..
a typical obama supporter response.

Not that I usually agree with Xyro or anything but I can't really see Melee and Brawl at the same event working well. Maybe only if Brawl was all Saturday and Melee all Sunday or something like that. But usually when they try to do both games at the same event one (Melee) generally gets overlooked.
exactly.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
a typical obama supporter response.
I started supporting him after his move to immediately change the legality on stem cell research. A very immediate action that deserves a lot of praise from me. I supported Nader and Ron Paul otherwise. Your racist because of your kool-aid comment. By the way **** off.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
"Drinking the kool-aid" has nothing to do with racism and everything to do with making fun of cults...
The Jonestown Massacre is an important piece of history, yes. However it is also considered a stereotype of african-americans to extremely enjoy the beverage.

Edit: I take that back it looks like it's a double take. Either way it's childish and happens every election. It's no surprise the conversation would lead to this and nothing productive.

Velox

Smash Ace
To Allan:

If numbers is all that matters, you could go play Halo :) Heh, a debate with you would indeed be fun, but I'm terrible at expressing ideas in writing. Maybe I'd talk to you about both melee/brawl and obama/mccain in person one day. I'm sure u'd have good views, and that's make it fun. But nah, I see ur point though about melee/brawl. I kind of feel that way myself somedays, but then I see how much more fun melee is and realize why I live life (for the good times..)

At least I hope you didn't vote McCain purely because of Obama slander. I hope that you actually believe in free trade, the war in Iraq, and some of the other various nuances of McCain. I, however, have an encyclopedia of reasons to vote for Obama (more regulation is good, what else do we have a government for? can bring confidence to the people, ie. he is a figure-head; can bring back our standing in the world; I was secretly hoping he was Sunni Muslim anyway.. least that way Iran would prob. be a thing of the past (kidding); Capitalism is broke and he has more of a chance at fixing it; he's smart; etc.. These are all maybes just like maybe McCain could do.. something.. and hopefully he doesn't die in office, Palin would have ***** us all. Honestly.. I could have gone for McCain before Palin foreseeably, in all honestly, McCain is a good guy (and actually, quite bipartisan in spite of him waving that around purely for votes). I had no problem with McCain, it's not like I'm an Obama radical, really. And if Mccain's campaign advisors showed anything about him, it was that not only is McCain coming to office, but a bunch of Republicans are coming with him too, and McCain is very willing to let them make many of their own decisions unquestioned by McCain. It's either that or he's just as dirty as his campaign was, but I doubt that.. Also, I guarantee you Obama is the better politician. He reminds me of Bill Clinton actually in that regard (the best politician of the 20th century). Also he's young, and I'm confident he won't stop working, and that he has the resolve and desire to truly help the situation. Sometimes that's all you can do in an election, just vote based on character.

Also, don't confuse me with a democrat. The 2 party system is ******** and a current fundamental weakness of America (the reactionary vote in the presidency creates America that is turned off, the 4 years later on, the 4 years later off, then 4 years later on, etc.) Hence why Bush is like, "Obama, if you do anything, don't fail in Iraq." Because then all Iraqis loyal to the US are burned and then we're realllllllly distrusted. Also, I don't actually like politics. I just keep my ears open.

The war in Iraq is hysterical btw. There's terrorists all over the world and we're trying to micro-manage them.. It's clear to me there are only 2 solutions. Leave. Or we could violate all territorial boundaries in the world and assassinate these bands of terrorists and make many friends among the countries whose territory we violate. Hmmm... I mean.. there's no reason why Bin Lauden couldn't just.. move to another country and transcend the war.. yet.. with such a clear alternative for the enemy, we still start the fight anyways? Now, I'll throw the president (though all officials in Washington more accurately) a bone and say that what's done is done and how do we fix it (although our leaders are supposed to be brilliant, so "we didn't think about that" is simply ********). To fix it.. well, that just goes back to option number 1 directly.. but I suppose if a victory is what we need to revitalize America, I suppose we could (this is where the specifics actually matter, which of course I'm not in the know, and therefore can't make a decision, but in the future when all information is divulged to the people, I'll be sure to criticize then.)

on, and as an aside to everyone, these oil prices (the high ones) aren't changing ever again, get used to it, it may well scale back the American power we all know and love

Forget everything you've heard, there is an oil shortage (in the fact that it will be much harder in the future to get oil, previously the earth has just been pouring the stuff out at us..) Also demand has skyrocketed in the world (somewhat ironic, cause we're partly to blame for the rise of everyone else..)

Popertop

Smash Champion
**** yeah dude
I'm really rusty, and when I wasn't rusty I was trash :p

I go to college in Beaumont.
Hit me up over the holidays, I'll let you know when I'm on break.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm going to be in Beaumont for the Thanksgiving break, does anybody in that area play Melee?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'll respond to your trash wwhen I get home. Me on me iPod and I can't type alot cause me battery won't last

Velox

Smash Ace
hehe ok

on a melee note, I'd like to play anyone anytime. so add me to list of active players if that's something that matters to people..

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Lol whoever responds to this board is pretty much an "active member" XD I'm just that needy

Alright...so how do I contact you during the holidays Popertop?

There are a few players who like to play SSBM in Beaumont but I heard that most of them were not better than us lol

REMEMBER: if anyone is on the south side of Houston I would like to play SSBM with them. Friendswood, Pearland, Clear Lake, Pasadena/La Porte, and the Texas City areas

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Im top 3 in Houston.

Seth/G@BE/Velox = Magg.

Mouf/Syba = Too South....???

Omni/XZalla/Sideffect = Spring.

Which leaves My competition for Houston up to either Timerbomb or Dawn. I'm sure I can beat them both, but I'll be modest and say "who knows" and take my place at top 3.

But Seriouslly, Im starting my own Crew for Crew battles. 5-Man. I'll take Jeremy Feifer, JeremyFeifer.com, JeremyFeifer.net, JeremyFeifer.org, and JeremyFeifer.uk.

This thread is getting boring, Bacon, Timer, and others... I wish to play you guys...

@Aaron and Josh and Dawn... I had to do something this Saturday and Sunday so.... yeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom