• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

KRDsonic

Smash Master
ok, knowing xyro I would think he is sarcastic or just beating your back so if I were you I wouldn't take it personally. There's haters for every character.

And when he says that he's probably referring to their possible infinite grab. He really hates it and looks down on it.
eh, ok, I guess I was in a bad mood when I read his post :/ Sorry xyro.

(oh yeah, I've never seen a sheik hater in brawl :p)

kown

Smash Lord
Alright :D More pits ftw! lol. I wonder... I probably could do well going solo with pit in a tourny though, I can't think of any really bad matchups he has. I will still never abandon my ICs though :p I had several times when I thought about quitting them because my pit was better, but I just had to push through for several months until I could finally get to where I am right now with them.

I guess there really isn't anything bad about pit though, he's fun to use, one of my favorite characters to fight. He's also the only character I can use well against G&W. I also do well against Ice Climbers with him since he does well in the air and can kill nana easily.

Hmm... it's still annoying hearing people say Ice Climber users have to rely on infinites, because I don't infinite with them, I just get them to the edge with their chain grabs and spike, but falcos do the same thing :/
yea but a falcos spike doesnt kill me.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Yeah, Ice Climbers have too many counters lol. G&W, MK, Snake, ROB, Peach, Jigglypuff (to an extent), Pikachu, Toon Link, and I hear people say Zelda and Lucario are hard to fight with them. Then again, I'm used to using people like Sheik and Pit that don't have many counters. (Especially sheik due to the fact she can counterpick during a match).

Jake13

Smash Lord
hey thespis, this is mouf. james curtis bunker. ronnie ain't postin on my account right now.

i tried using dk in brawl but i'm sorry he is just too awful. i mean, maybe he's technically good in brawl but after using him in melee its just way too weird using him in brawl. i think ima stick with wario

edit: also i'm thinkin of changin my name, i'm tired of mouf

James, if this is you where is all the talk of pooping.

Oh, and I still have your headband and you still owe me Silent Hill

(this is jake lol)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
so are all of you gonna go to that tourney on Saturday? because I sure will, but I need to take somebody who's been to these H-Town tourneys because I naven't been to any, just in Cali.

from what I hear I can't wait to face PIMPSLAP, or Xyro who seem interesting are probably the best, but what do I know, I've never played these guys, but I sure want to

Ricardo10

Smash Rookie
so are all of you gonna go to that tourney on Saturday? because I sure will, but I need to take somebody who's been to these H-Town tourneys because I naven't been to any, just in Cali.

from what I hear I can't wait to face PIMPSLAP, or Xyro who seem interesting are probably the best, but what do I know, I've never played these guys, but I sure want to
I'm going to that Tourney.

Its going to be my first Brawl Tourney. I hope I place well.

KRDsonic

Smash Master

Yup, basically all of us are going to the tourny.

And yeah, xyro is pretty good.

Doxa

Smash Rookie

one of these days i'll beat his samus...i've been getting close. at poptop's fest it was anyone's game...just had to land a blow, but he got it. Happened like that 3 out of the 4 times i played him

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
ok, so far my car will have:

me
CY

Esca and cXc will probly end up coming as well, which means someone gets to share a seat with all the crap that lurks in my car MUAHAHAHAHA!

edit: Allan, im still yet to play your sammy! We gotta remember to fix that...

KRDsonic

Smash Master
one of these days i'll beat his samus...i've been getting close. at poptop's fest it was anyone's game...just had to land a blow, but he got it. Happened like that 3 out of the 4 times i played him
well, my Ice Climbers are about even with his samus, my sheik might be too now, I've learned a few new tricks/combos with sheik since the last time I fought him (there's one combo in particular that I like with her, but I have to have fully charged needles to do it).

Then again, knowing from experience, he's probably gotten better too. I was almost even with hylian a few months ago, then I got better, fought him against, and his skill level shot way up, even over 10000.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm going to that Tourney.

Its going to be my first Brawl Tourney. I hope I place well.
well it's good to hear that I won't be the only new guy at this tourney ^_^

hmm.. is that so then I can't wait to try out my Bowser and see how well I do with his tilts since I tend to win most of the time

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
man wtf is going on here, stiltz why are you apologizing? there is no reason to ,we all play to win and it shouldn't matter what other ppl think if someone gets mad oh well too ****ing bad, they should understand that

also im going to host a smashfest this wednesday :D
if thats not a good time then let me know
Hmm.. yes smash fest please.. I need to get a few kinks out of my new secondary.. WHAT FLIP HAS MOAR SECONDARIES :O!

kage921

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. yes smash fest please.. I need to get a few kinks out of my new secondary.. WHAT FLIP HAS MOAR SECONDARIES :O!
what!!!!!! that boy flip in the scene...... lol we need to play I haven't played anyone since me and ceasar played, and that sucks........ I've been messing with kirby a bit and I like the puff ball in brawl, he's sexy.....lol kirby dittos ftw:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: looooocoooooo:dizzy:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So, um, could I get someone to pick me up from mag for the Planet Zero tourney this weekend? Cesar and Gabe are going to a Jiu Jitsu tourney T_T

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Exactly. Every character can be hard to use. All I'm saying is Ice Climbers aren't like "OMG I can learn them in 1 day and win every tourny in the world with them" like xyro acts like.
melee1 picked the game up just for ICs and in 4 weeks his winning tournies left and right.

No, I'm not saying Ice Climbers are superior at all, I was commenting about what xyro said "I don't like Ice Climbers because I prefer to earn my wins". That was just a comment directed to insult me and other Ice Climber users, because if he really wanted to talk about characters that are easy to win with then he would've said something about snake or meta knight, characters that can win without a problem. There's also the fact that he always insults every character I use (except pit for some reason). He's told me things on AIM like "Ice Climbers were always destined for gayness" and "Yoshi is trash", and I get tired of hearing insults from about half the people I meet online. So I finally just made a post to prove a point. I use Ice Climbers because I like Ice, it's the same reason I use a mono-ice team in pokemon most of the time. But to say something rude like "Sorry, I don't like them because I prefer to win" isn't just saying that he doesn't like the character, it's insulting me and everyone who uses them saying that they take absolutely no skill to use.

I don't know, maybe Xyro words things wrong, but the way he acts sometimes is just uncalled for.

And it's not just Xyro, sorry if this is all being directed at you, but I recieve PMs on multiplle sites every day about people who don't like me because I use Ice Climbers, there was even someone who was internet stalking me about it. It's just dumb, I use Ice Climbers because I like them, that's it. Even if they were the worst character in the game I would still use them, I've even said if they ever get banned then I'll go solo climber, because like I say, they're my favorite character.
You get IMs because people knew you werent good but u picked ICs just to win. However, most everybody on this site does that now.....

If you really think, this game is MADE for ICs.

Oh and i dont pick on metaknight or snake because it OBVIOUS in everybodies minds that they are quite unfair.

I have nothing against you or anybody here. i just dislike when people suck at a game and decide to pick a character that will insure them a win.

well, my Ice Climbers are about even with his samus, my sheik might be too now, I've learned a few new tricks/combos with sheik since the last time I fought him (there's one combo in particular that I like with her, but I have to have fully charged needles to do it).

Then again, knowing from experience, he's probably gotten better too. I was almost even with hylian a few months ago, then I got better, fought him against, and his skill level shot way up, even over 10000.
you count online? i dont.

Hey everyone I cant make it to this tourney after all.
whats new........

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Snake is slowly becoming less of a threat as people start figuring out stuff around him.

Meta Knight...well, he can just die in a fire.

Smashfest Wednesday is a good idea. Do it. :)

KRDsonic

Smash Master
You get IMs because people knew you werent good but u picked ICs just to win. However, most everybody on this site does that now.....

If you really think, this game is MADE for ICs.

Oh and i dont pick on metaknight or snake because it OBVIOUS in everybodies minds that they are quite unfair.

I have nothing against you or anybody here. i just dislike when people suck at a game and decide to pick a character that will insure them a win.
Umm excuse me? Who are you to talk to me as if you think you know why I use who I use? I use Ice Climbers because I like the characters. I've been using them since the start of melee because I like them, I didn't know what chain grabbing was until brawl, so you have no right to say bs like that. I even have videos of me playing melee back when I completely sucked at it and I used Ice Climbers in it, why? Because I liked them. How would you feel if someone discovered a 0-death that samus had and then everyone you knew started saying you sucked because you picked samus just for her 0-death? Wait, I forgot, you told me you only use samus so you can tell people that you beat top tier characters with a bottom tier, and whenever you loose you john by saying it was because you used samus.

And since I know you're going to say "back up your words and show me that you used them before you knew about chain grabbing", here's a video to prove it. Look at the date and the way I play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rntFHK5GG0I

Gee, really looks like I picked them just for their chain grabs and desyncs huh? Looks like I was doing a whole lot of it in that battle right? Because according to you all I care about is winning and will pick only top tier characters to do so right? Which is why I have tons of videos of me playing as snake, meta knight, falco, and game & watch up right? Oh wait, doesn't look like I do.

Sorry if you can't accept the fact that some people use the main that they use because they like the character and not just the moveset. I'll be sure to beat you with multiple of my mains at the upcomming tournament.

Edit: Also, I've been nothing but nice to you, even if I didn't agree with some of your rules. I decided to accept them, and I tried to give you some helpful advise when you wanted help on your combo video, and yet for me being nice I'm rewarded with someone down talking me as if they are a god and everything they say has to be true? Sorry, but next time I decide to put in a nice word for you, I'll remember the way you've been acting and I'll continue to let people at all these sites I'm seeing flame you.

kown

Smash Lord
woah we got a pretty heated debate between KRD and Xyro.

KRD: nobody cares that you play ICs cuz its a tradition or wtvr. THe fact is that they are good with thier grabs. PPl arent necessarily hating on you. They just dont like ICs. But this is a game and do what ever it takes to win so you shouldnt be listening to anyone else.

Xyro: I dont see how an IC insures a win. No matter what it will come down to the player and not the char they are using. I still dont see how a snake is broken he has his flaws jus tlike everyone else. Ive never had a HUGE problem with metaknights. Even tho they are good you dont have to complain about it, just find a way to deal with it. pick a secondary that counters Mk or something.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
half huh ozz? then i graciously look forward to the full at pz :)
not trying to pull any johns out my ***, but it just so happens that gay men watch completely ***** zss AND falco. so yesh pz we shall see. my zss vs your wolf?

just watched dark knight: probably one of the best movies ever. unlike most superhero movies, this one is dark and mature, which is why i think its so succesful. i love how they recreated a certain villain (dont wanna spoil)....did a brilliant job with him.

Gnes

Smash Master
hahaha Zss vs Wolf/Fox...Im thinkin ill play nothin but spacies at PZ unless i get really messed and have to play MK or gay men watch lol....Snake is so much more annoying than Mk...i mean really...i hope he gets blown to bits by one of his precious spam grenades

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
Im so glad no one throws Marf into the "easy/cheap" character catagory.

just to help out with the debate, think of this: what if allan didnt ban the IC infinites? Just think of how gay our tourneys would be...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord

just to help out with the debate, think of this: what if allan didnt ban the IC infinites? Just think of how gay our tourneys would be...
Don't spark up the argument again ^_^. Oh marf is gey OOOOH. So Take how much is our money match eh.

KRDsonic

Smash Master

lol yeah. IMO, the infinites are broken, that's why I use xyro's 3 grab rule even on wifi :p It also helps me get better with their other aspects.

(Oh yeah, I wanna fight your marth offline, about half the people I fight use marth, but it's on wifi so an IC vs. Marth match on wifi doesn't mean anything. Offline should be fun though).

Edit: Wow, I just battled a snake user on wifi named Ally and he was epically good o.o I had a few matches with him and lost each one lol.
Hmm... here's a video of me battling him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCaMi70nK-A My samus needs some work, but I think I did good for only using her for a week.

kown

Smash Lord
alrite kool. i have a wired connection so we should have a good connection.
heh ive been working on my snake and meta. maybe you could give me some meta tips.

heytallman

CTALL
Hey guys, I'm back finally! Not that anybody really knew I was gone, but meh

The Dark Knight is too good, the Joker is the greatest villain ever!

Did I miss anything? And does anyone wanna team with me at PZ? That is, if I stay for doubles.

kown

Smash Lord
keith it still hasnt registered you as my friend.

well i cant wait to play.

EDIT: gotta beat you!
im losing to everyone. i have no idea why......
Finally won one.
than i got spiked through the water
Keith is good with everyone.

Top Bottom