• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Brawl Thread(HOBO 15=March 7th=bring full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb))

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
doesn't snake counter MK?
No way. That was common belief not too long ago. Snake was so amazing at the beginning of Brawl because no one could read his approaches. If you have decent experience with the matchup, MK can easily approach without being punished by a tilt. Also, MK owns Snake's recovery.

:(
Looks like I have to pick up G&W and Meta... *sigh*
Lee I'm lookin' into Rob a bit. I need some pointers at PZ.
No problem mang. ROB is a pretty deep character.

I've been playing so much Ganon lately. Who wants to do some Ganon MMs?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
ganondorf... one of the few characters that I suck so much at using xD. Darn his up tilt being bad :( I'm so used to using up tilts that it's hard to break the habbit when I try to use him lol.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Naw, I remember when I did a ganon ditto friendly at the last PZ and got my *** handed to me on a platter. Wario Ganon on the other hand....
I'm down for a Wario Ganon MM :)

ganondorf... one of the few characters that I suck so much at using xD. Darn his up tilt being bad :( I'm so used to using up tilts that it's hard to break the habbit when I try to use him lol.
It doesn't help that he's probably tied for worst character with Falcon. :p

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Hey Lee how about a 48 dollar MM, my oli/your gan gan.

Btw, there's a pretty good chance I could provide housing for you. My only requirement is if you MUST sleep greased, you allow me to apply the grease. Also, Roy might not be able to make this so I could be a possible doubles partner!!! I play a mean mario/ike in doubles. Depends on what is needed for the team, my mario is a great stock tanker.

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully I'll be able to come to HOBO 8. Can anyone house me. I like to sleep in the nude while greased.

Also, anyone want to do doubles?

Also, MK has no counters. None at all. At best, he has even or close to even matchups, which are G&W, Marth, and Falco if you're awesome.

Any MK with decent experience against DK, Diddy, etc would destroy those chars.
i can house you if you want lol no homo

KRDsonic

Smash Master
hmm... I've heard that there might another person hosting texas tournys soon. If it's true then that means even more tournys :D And hopefully he'll have melee too (just hoping though). Hmm... i don't know where they would be though, I've heard it'll be either around san antonio or houston.

For now I just need to focus on HOBO 8 though :p I wanna get far in one of xyro's tournys.

Dojo

Smash Champion
hmm... I've heard that there might another person hosting texas tournys soon. If it's true then that means even more tournys :D And hopefully he'll have melee too (just hoping though). Hmm... i don't know where they would be though, I've heard it'll be either around san antonio or houston.
San Antonio San Antonio San Antoniooo

onii-chan

Smash Ace
yo people i am really bored...my dad has gone out of town and my brother left with one of his friends...i am so bored...i need to play someone in brawl melee,soul caliber...something...

so come to my house in 7600 Wileyvale St near Lockwood...

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Also, Bear?
We need to team together at PZ.
I would be down for that. Lol, we should probably practice the night before though. :laugh:

Side Note: The Dark Knight was amazing. The sequence after the Joker pulls of his master plan involving Dent and Dawes was simply amazing. I'm still on a high after that movie. Oh yeah, see it in IMAX.

Popertop

Smash Champion
No spoilers!!!! *shields eyes*

*sigh*
I'll be coming home from camp on friday, and I probably won't have internet access until then. :(
I might be able to come to a smashfest, dunno. Who is having one the night before?

I'll beast some fools in Guitar Hero lols.

Jeremy Feifer, pm Doxa your address.
We're picking you up for PZ.

Camp is gonna be CRAZY.
Hit you fools up later.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I found out an interesting way to find out characters you're good with :D
Me and someone else are having character battles right now (we just took a break) where we use all of the characters in kind of a crew battle-like fasion, only if you win you get your lives that you lost back, and you can switch characters after each match, but if you loose you can't use the character you lost with anymore. It takes forever o.o So far 41 matches against him and we're not done lol. Anyways, I've discovered that there are some characters that I'm good with that I never would've thought of, and others I just completely suck with xD.

I found out I'm actually good with Lucas, Olimar, and Lucario, and I suck with ROB, Sonic, and Jigglypuff lol.

Looks like my Ice Climbers are doing good though :D His MK is his only hope against them, so he has to hope we end up with that matchup.

Hopefully with my Ice Climbers doing so good against everyone I've been battling, they'll do even better offline and at the tournament.

/post no one cares about.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Funny. Yeah, I'll be at a smashfest the night before (whoever hosts it), so if you wanna practice then I would be cool with that. Planet Zero ftw.

Shök

Smash Champion
yo people i am really bored...my dad has gone out of town and my brother left with one of his friends...i am so bored...i need to play someone in brawl melee,soul caliber...something...

so come to my house in 7600 Wileyvale St near Lockwood...
Hey Onii.

How are you going to Planet Zero?

kown

Smash Lord
Im in a dilemma. mgc = garbage but i really want tha trip to dallas and 100 dollars.
ahh wtvr it sucked today.

congrats to stiltz for winning in brawl. heh i got to talk to you more so that was kool. i dont agree with how you won but you were most likely going to win anyways. heh but when i kinda put myself in your situation i sorta understand.

keith- your a good character and ur kool . congrats on second place again, maybe next time. im rooting for you!!!! you got better since last week lol. dang meta and d3. and u bettter win next time!

TO ALL: how can i get better on my own? since i cant be constantly going to smashfest every day.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sorry for making the finals the gayest **** that's ever existed. I felt so dirty winning like that. I would try justifying what I did, but in short, it was the wrong thing to do. There's no taking back what I did so everyone that saw what I did or hears about it, know that I feel like **** for it. Amazing what greed for winning and money will do to a person.

Top Bottom