• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hopes for E3 2010

finalark

SNORLAX
Link to original post: [drupal=2823]Hopes for E3 2010[/drupal]

Well guys, next month will be December and soon the year of 2009 will come to a close. E3 2010 may be distant, but I'm so displeased with this generation of gaming that I'm actually eager for new consoles to be announced. So here are my hopes for what goes down at E3 2010!

Nintendo

It's not going to happen, the Wii is too big of a money maker for such a thing, but a REAL Nintendo console would be nice. I'd be really cool if they were to drop the gimmicky Wii controls and go back to the way things where the in Game Cube days. But putting things on a realistic level, I wouldn't mind seeing some remakes of old (or possible Japan-only) franchises for the DS along with a number of original (NON-CASUAL) titles for both systems. And hopefully they won't announce any more lame gimmicks like the vitality sensor (seriously, what's the point of that thing)?

Microsoft

A console that doesn't suck I'm really not a big fan of Microsoft, but hopefully they'll decide to pull out of the console industry for some reason make a console that doesn't break when you look at it funny.

Sony

The PS3 is starting to really make a name for itself (It's about time), so some announcements on new features for their online service (PlayStation Network for the uninformed) as well new features for the console. I'd be nice to see a trailer for the Resistance 3 (anyone who beat the campaign in Resistance 2 knows there's one coming) as well as a possible new Jak and Daxter game for the PS3. And as for new consoles, I'd love to get a glimpse at the PS4, hopefully they won't make it look like a big black monolith of doom this time.

Other Companies

Sega: New console, pleeeeease?

Ubisoft: MAKE A NEW PRINCE OF PERSIA ALREADY, and nobody cares about your casual games.

EA: GO BANKRUPT OR SOMETHING, PLEASE (I'm still a little angry about the Dreamcast thing, along with the fact that if a Star Wars Battlefront III is ever made its going to suck because they dropped Pandemic).

Putting it bluntly, I'm really not all that sure about E3 this year, seeing how we have little to no hints about what's going to be there. Although if new consoles are announced/hinted out you can expect a blog in which I take a look at them, all the while getting pumped and excited for the end of the Xbox generation.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
SEGA is not going back to the console market.

Not only would it bankrupt SEGA, four consoles could ruin the video game market

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I'm just hoping for some info on the new Zelda.

Other than that I'm sort of hoping they save all the good stuff until the next year so I have the money to buy all of it on release date. (Pre-Order gifts are win... sometimes).

I have too much to do to really care about this coming up year though. The only thing that I can think of buying is HG/SS and Metroid: Other M.

I also agree with the above. Four consoles will just make things more stupid than they already are. (and almost everyone is stuck with this generation right now) Just stick with third-party games until a better opportunity opens.

sammy p

Smash Lord
zelda will be announced next year at E3 no doubt. from what i know, its been confirmed.
for zelda info, i watch Earthboundings channel on youtube. (sorry if this is advertising lol. just putting it out there.)
but yea, its about D*** time we got some info on a new zelda that ISNT on a handheld!

n88

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure info on Zelda Wii is a definite.

Alas for the no-longer-being-worked-on-Battlefront III

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
XBag360 has a 3 year warranty, lol and apparently it's needed >< You know your console sucks when Vendors tell you not to get one. Meh, I wanted in on xbox live tho! We'll see, I guess.

The new Nintendo should be a blue-ray system. And I am guessing they're going to go all out and try to get back into mainstream gaming, which will mean more focus on graphics and library content, and a more traditional controller, and a WAY better online system.

Sony's PS3 is good. I want one this xmas, but it may have to wait until January...

LOL Sega.

EA is the GM of video games. They ain't goin no where.

finalark

SNORLAX
SEGA is not going back to the console market.

Not only would it bankrupt SEGA, four consoles could ruin the video game market
Everyone has the right to dream, you know. In all honesty though, the only way that SEGA would every get back into consoles is if the following happens:

A: They have a sudden jump in popularity (not impossible, the 360's popularity came out of frickin' nowhere).

B: They get the funding for such a thing.

C: If someone pulls out of the console wars (and that doesn't look like it's going to happen unless "core" gamers decide to not even consider a potentially causal-tarted console from Nintendo for next gen a real system)

And note that it's "if A, B and C happen."

zelda will be announced next year at E3 no doubt. from what i know, its been confirmed.
for zelda info, i watch Earthboundings channel on youtube. (sorry if this is advertising lol. just putting it out there.)
but yea, its about D*** time we got some info on a new zelda that ISNT on a handheld!
I second this.

XBag360 has a 3 year warranty, lol and apparently it's needed >< You know your console sucks when Vendors tell you not to get one. Meh, I wanted in on xbox live tho! We'll see, I guess.

The new Nintendo should be a blue-ray system. And I am guessing they're going to go all out and try to get back into mainstream gaming, which will mean more focus on graphics and library content, and a more traditional controller, and a WAY better online system.

Sony's PS3 is good. I want one this xmas, but it may have to wait until January...

LOL Sega.

EA is the GM of video games. They ain't goin no where.
I'm hoping Nintendo goes all out and becomes awesome again, granted going back to traditional controllers would limit backwards compatibility for Wii games possibly...

But seriously, go buy a PS3. A friend of mine decided to go with the flow and bought a 360, it broke twice within the same year. After that he said something along the lines of "to hell with it, I'm going to go buy a PlayStation."

Let's just say that I really, really don't like EA. To bad they're a leviathan of a company.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nintendo is still awsome. You guys just want to play the same game your entire life.
Ya wanna know what next years E3 is gonna be? Exactly what you don't want it to be. All 3 are going to cater extremely to the casuals with their new motion sensors.

finalark

SNORLAX
Nintendo is still awsome. You guys just want to play the same game your entire life.
Good evening, Pessimist Prime. I was wondering when you'd show up.

Anyway, Nintendo is okay this days. It's just the fact that they've chosen to cater to casuals in unhealthy doses (AND YES, I KNOW THIS IS A GOOD BUSINESS MOVE FOR THEM, STOP TRYING TO DEFEND NINTENDO WITH THAT ARGUMENT PEOPLE IT ISN'T WORKING). And to tell the truth, I'm really not into Nintendo these days became I'm sick of the fact that they basically spit out the same few franchises with the same game play just with some new gimmick.

Ya wanna know what next years E3 is gonna be? Exactly what you don't want it to be. All 3 are going to cater extremely to the casuals with their new motion sensors.

Anyway, regardless of how pessimistic it is, that isn't to far off of what might happen. Wow, now I'm really ticked off at Nintendo for introducing their motion-sensing thingy and appealing to casuals. Now everyone's going to try and cash in on it.

God I'm unsatisfied with this generation of gaming.

D

Deleted member

I'm waiting for a Phoenix Wright announcement. No more of this PC/Wiiware/Spinoff junk.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Hello Monkey: Island Adventure, relative of Hello Kitty... should be great.

From what I've heard, Pikmin 3 and a Legend of Zelda Wii game are in production, but I've heard very little about either. (Some short comments saying "the Pikmin team are currently working on a new title" and some promotional Zelda art is not enough!) I'm really hoping they give us more more info at E3, but maybe not.

Also... Metroid: Other M.
It will be legendary.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I'm hoping Nintendo goes all out and becomes awesome again, granted going back to traditional controllers would limit backwards compatibility for Wii games possibly...
This will literally never happen. Nintendo gave up on making good games about halfway through the Gamecubes lifespan and has since pretty much quit being a company that actually cares about games. It's now the "Microsoft" of the the video game industry, it does what it needs to to make the greatest level of profit and doesn't really care who it comes from. There's no reason to appease the "You guys were so awesome, go back to being that way" crowd when the "I've never played a game before but I know how to flail like an idiot" crowd is willing to spend so much more money.

But seriously, go buy a PS3. A friend of mine decided to go with the flow and bought a 360, it broke twice within the same year. After that he said something along the lines of "to hell with it, I'm going to go buy a PlayStation."
I bought a PS3. It took me 6 months to finally take it out of the Game Crazy bag. I have two games for it(well, 3 as of yesterday) inFAMOUS and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. It took all of 2 weeks to beat both games(they were both great though, im not harping on either of the games) and I figured "Well, I have a PS3, I might as well buy some other stuff for it." This is where it hit me. There was a reason I didn't buy a PS3. There is **** all to buy for that black behemoth(I obviously did not get a slim) Let's be real here, in the past year there's been about 2-3 games on the PS3 that are ONLY for the PS3 that are actually worth buying. Any other games worth buying that are cross console are usually better off on the Xbox 360 due to Xbox Live being vastly superior(even if it isn't free, ****ing microsoft) This was actually a huge disappointment for me as I sort of never really disliked Sony. They've always made quality titles(also alot of flops, but they release a huge amount of games so the Awesome to Flop ratio is still pretty skewed towards the awesome side) My PS2 is still hooked up and still receives play so it's sort of disappointing to think about how terrible the PS3 really is.

Let's be honest here, if we really want E3 10 to NOT suck what we really need to see isn't new consoles. Consoles, for the most part, are meaningless. It's a means to an end, what we really need are games that aren't ********. I want to see some ****ing new IPs, games that don't get made every ****ing year(anyone who gets surprised when a new Call of Duty is announced at E3 should be killed. Even some older stuff would be good, **** that doesn't get re-made every year. A new Sly Cooper, a new Banjo Kazooie, a new KIRBY'S TILT 'N' TUMBLE T-T. I already own 12 games where Mario Jumps, where a space marine with regenerating health shoots stuff, where a stereotypical anti-hero rampages through a large, vaguely New York like city. Hell, I hated Borderlands AND Brutal Legend, but at least they were different, at least they were fresh(and to other people who weren't me, at least they were good) But in the last half a YEAR that was basically it in terms of "New IPs worth playing."

Thank god for the DS. The only console really worth owning. Too bad I bought every other one =\ Well, except the PSP. **** that thing.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I gotta agree wiith you. Besides the new zelda game maybe getting news, there won't be much, at least as far as nintendo goes. The only other thing I can see getting info is Halo: Reach.

Kirby Wii.
THIS. Anyone else notice the lack of Kirby in the top 200 games ever game informer?

*only a couple games for PS3 makes it not worth it talk*
thats what i've been saying since I heard the ps3 was coming out. FF is the only real series they have left, and even then, for how long?

Thank god for the DS. The only console really worth owning. Too bad I bought every other one =\ Well, except the PSP. **** that thing.
Can't wait for my DSi and pokemon HG/SS.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
This will literally never happen. Nintendo gave up on making good games about halfway through the Gamecubes lifespan and has since pretty much quit being a company that actually cares about games. It's now the "Microsoft" of the the video game industry, it does what it needs to to make the greatest level of profit and doesn't really care who it comes from. There's no reason to appease the "You guys were so awesome, go back to being that way" crowd when the "I've never played a game before but I know how to flail like an idiot" crowd is willing to spend so much more money.
Somebody give this man a cookie, because he just hit the nail on the head.

*Gives the Kirby main a cookie* :bigthumbu

In all honesty, if you haven't noticed the Nintendo shift by now--with respect--then you may need your head checked.

Finalark, despite your many animadversions to the contrary, Nintendo stuck gold with the motion sensor number. After all, Project Natal and that little mic-like stick the PS3 would have never come to existence (not for this generation anyway) if Microsoft and Sony weren't getting their a**es handed to them by said technology.

Though growing up I played a smorgasbord of consoles growing up (in the 90s I went from Genesis to SNES to N64 to PS1 alone), I had an appreciation for each. But the time I spent with Nintendo consoles was surely the best.

I will use two examples here to further strengthen PR's point that Nintendo is appealing hard to the "I've never played a game before but I know how to flail like an idiot" crowd. Please note that I am not trying to flame here, but it is something that is worth considering.

Back on my 12th birthday, when I got mindgamed by my pops into thinking that I would get a few more SNES games (only to get a N64 :)), the first game I got was Mario Kart 64. From early on, I knew the best strategies involved characters that could handle well and get off the line fast (viz Yoshi, Wario, and sometimes Peach), could snake fast, and wouldn't get thrown around the course, but could offroad as needed. This same formula held for Mario Kart: Double Dash & Mario Kart DS (though admittedly, this formula did scale down the character pool you could pick from though). Fast forward to Mario Kart Wii (which I played through and beat this summer), and what is this mess??!?! Snaking is discouraged, there are bikes, pulling a draft is faster than snaking the course? Suffice to say I wasn't to enthused with the changes they made, but what do you expect? I mean, how much harder can you dissuade people not to play this "Old School" when you have a steering wheel included with the game?

The same applies for the game that brings us all here. Remember Smash 64 back in the old days? Dash dancing and z-canceling are pretty key (they aren't the only point of the game, but for simplicity's sake, just bear with me), and watching some Isai matches even now is like watching poetry in motion. So, when Melee comes out 2 years later, it builds on the tactics that we got used to in 64, which is good. Fast forward to that day in March of 2008... I don't think I need to say anything else. :laugh:

(Ftr let it show that I am trying to both play Brawl & Melee on a competitive level, and such observations are mine alone, though I don't think they are in singularity.)

As for SEGA coming back--has there ever been a video game company that made a new system 10 years after it made its last? Don't think so. :ohwell:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Haha well ok, to be fair I wasn't trying to suggest they're not awesome, just that they should focus more on Mainstream Titles, which will require a focus on graphics, and more traditional controllers. They've been "the different console" since, N64. And it's hurt them time and again, always being the odd-ball, always placing themselves in the secondary console category. It paid off this generaltion, as we can see in their overall sales numbers, but those same older families that got one for kids, are definitely NOT the type to buy a Wii 2.0 just because it launched. I had to go w/o NES because my folks were convinced my Colecovision was enough, because it still worked. >< Same will apply here. Wii owners 40+ (a large % of the total sales) will be using it for a decade or more.

Yeah I'm kinda losing interest in motion sensing technology. I would like a return to traditional controller style. It may not happen, but it would suit me just fine if Nintendo came out w/a grahpical powerhouse and "normal" controller. I definitely don't -want- to play the same games over and over, but I would like for Nintendo to open its console library back up to the mainstream franchises, and this will require them to keep up with the PS's grahpical prowess, and to make good on a lot of *** kissing that Square/Enix, Konami, and Capcom still need to smooth their relationships over. They also need to open big to EA (yah finny, I know you hate them, but they are too big, and thus too important to keep out of the loop if you're a Nintendo CEO).

Good evening, Pessimist Prime. I was wondering when you'd show up.
Hey now, play nice, lets not let this dissolve into :dizzy: like last time :p

Kirby Wii.

AND FOR REAL THIS TIME, *******S.
10 This. I've been playing Kirby for years, I can't believe there isn't a Kirby adventure on the Wii, it'd be epically epic to the epic power. Ee^E.

Also... Metroid: Other M.
It will be legendary.
10 This also. Other M is definitely going to rock the socks off of any hardcores and it'll swoop down and plasma beam the casuals. This game kinda looks like Onimusha w/Metroid sprites, but ... that's not a bad thing!

LOL true, that is definitely my perception of the current Nintendo fan-base at large. But as I pointed out, those same people are less likely to keep buying systems over and over just cause they come out. THAT trend rests in the hardcore gamers. So unless they want Wii 2.0 to fail miserably in sales, they'd better come out w/something entirely different, like... a Gamecube 2, w/Blue-ray reader, tons of v-ram, a super bad sound card, and a sleek revision of the GC controller to allow for Wii games to be playable... not sure how it'd work, but that's their job.

I bought a PS3. It took me 6 months to finally take it out of the Game Crazy bag. I have two games for it(well, 3 as of yesterday) inFAMOUS and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction. It took all of 2 weeks to beat both games(they were both great though, im not harping on either of the games) and I figured "Well, I have a PS3, I might as well buy some other stuff for it." This is where it hit me. There was a reason I didn't buy a PS3. There is **** all to buy for that black behemoth(I obviously did not get a slim) Let's be real here, in the past year there's been about 2-3 games on the PS3 that are ONLY for the PS3 that are actually worth buying. Any other games worth buying that are cross console are usually better off on the Xbox 360 due to Xbox Live being vastly superior(even if it isn't free, ****ing microsoft) This was actually a huge disappointment for me as I sort of never really disliked Sony. They've always made quality titles(also alot of flops, but they release a huge amount of games so the Awesome to Flop ratio is still pretty skewed towards the awesome side) My PS2 is still hooked up and still receives play so it's sort of disappointing to think about how terrible the PS3 really is.
No MGS?? RE??? yeah had I been you I'd have not even bothered getting a PS3. Myself though, I'm totally getting one for xmas. Despite Xbox Live being awesome for Online, i'm too paranoid the console will break if Wario farts in the next room while someone's playing brawl.

This. There is marketing speculation that gaming in general is going mobile, and consoles are becoming more and more obsolete. iPhone too in addition to DS and PSP. This is bad for me, cause I loathe hand-held gaming. Any time my wife says "we should get a DS" the first thing I say is "Sure, so long as you can hook it up to a TV." ><

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
and to make good on a lot of *** kissing that Square/Enix, Konami, and Capcom still need to smooth their relationships over.
Hmmnmm????
There relationships with these people are just fine.
****, Capcom and Nintendo are basically in bed with each other. Nintendo released a Black Wii JUST to hype up Monster Hunter 3 in Japan, and Nintendo themselves payed to advertise the game (something they rarely do for 3rd party games).
Then there is that deal Capcom and Nintendo struck, making it so that Capcom could easily port its arcade games like Tats versus Cap to the Wii by letting the arcade machines use Wii based game engines.
Square Einix is releasing a new FF on the Wii this december, and Konami does make the occasional game, though Konami is more of a publisher owning several brands such as the Fox Hound group that does MGS, who made Elebits, among many DS games.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Oh is that right? ha, well that's good then. I guess I'm still entrenched in the idea that Nintendo's been having to mainly go-it-alone but if they really have put all that nonsense from the late 90's behind them, then good!

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
A bit early for an E3 thread =/ I want a sequel to NSMBWii and a few more crazy multiplayer games. Wii should become the supreme local multiplayer console!

It would also be nice if Nintendo stopped releasing peripherals and gave more control options in games. Seriously. Brawl's control options should be a standard for the majority of games. Why re-release mario power tennis without gamecube controller support?! (this honestly stopped me buying it). But I already know this won't change so I guess it's more of a complaint lol.

I'd quite like to see what Microsoft comes up with for Natal too. I'm almost definitely not going to buy it, but it looks cool.

edit: ah yeah, it would be nice to see Nintendo actively going out and getting 3rd party support too. Something went seriously wrong this generation (who knows why) and it really really shouldn't happen for the next console. I think a lot of long-time gamers would have been satisfied with the Wii if it got the 3rd party support everyone expected it to.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Want me some info on Other M...

Oh, and my main interest atm is any new information on Project Needlemouse.
I'm such a tool.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
The only thing that I can think of buying is HG/SS and Metroid: Other M.
Golden Sun DS.

The DS being the only one really worth owning
I have to agree here. (Asides from PSP Homebrew) It use to be ignored for me a few years back but on my list of Christmas shopping, the DS Has the most games I'm looking forward to playing.

Edit: As for E3 Itself? I'm just hoping It's good. No high expectations like last time, and last time I at least got GS:DS And some other info, so whatever.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Golden Sun DS.
if it can at least keep me lasted for a year, I'm all for it. other than that i have never played the original and have no intention of buying this version until my interest grows away from everything else being released.

Kirby Wii.

AND FOR REAL THIS TIME, *******S.

I concur.

But if it's anything like the horrible 64 game, I'll skip it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
if it can at least keep me lasted for a year, I'm all for it. other than that i have never played the original and have no intention of buying this version until my interest grows away from everything else being released.
If you can get the Original's cheap, I heavily advise them. Great RPG's. I got the first two in the series for about 16$.

Surprised nobody's said them until now when discussing last year's E3.

I concur.

It's not completely horrible

I'm rather biased a bit with Kirby 64 since it was one of my first kirby games, but the fact that the secret final boss was beyond easy to get to, when the entire game itself was easier than that along with other things. Or you know, another game like Air Ride wouldn't be bad either. The Checkboxes at least had me not put down KBA Easily.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I concur.

Did you just dis Kirby freaking 64? :mad:

Kirby 64 is one of the BETTER games in the franchise. Let me guess, it's because it isn't Super Star in 3D, right? Well....speeding through the game isn't what Kirby is about. It is about an easy game that you are supposed to explore, which most of the early games(barring SS aside from the Great Cave Offensive) are.

If anything, we need a game that is a fusion of the two(like KATAM was). But if it's anything like Squeak Squad, I will weep tears of sorrow. That was too easy.

Anyways, my E3 2010 list:

Kirby Wii(for teh realz)
Project Needlemouse(just so I can see how badly it will end up sucking :p)
Metroid Other M(if it is not out by then, that is)
Super Smash Bros. DS(even though it probably won't happen, a man can pray, can't he?)
A decent Godzilla game for once(but again, it'll never happen. le sigh...)
US release of that new WarioWare game?(has that happened yet? the thought of making my own Microgames is amusing me...)

Hopefully I didn't skip over anything. Oh, well, a decent game to make use of that Vitality Sensor. If you make it, then you better have some use for the darn thing.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I could see Vitality Sensor in use for some things... imagine a survival horror game that somehow uses your own biofeedback to enhance the experience, like the faster your pulse, the quicker your character runs away, the slower, the more eerie the mood gets (like sanity meter dropping in Eternal Darkness)... I dunno, there seems to be a lot they could do w/it...

Lurker guy

Smash Apprentice
I hate to say this, but why would Nintendo give up on the Wii? Maybe if Sony and Microsoft weren't following them, and the Wii wasn't selling like crack they would, but we both know that the game industry isn't about gamers. Unless your Valve, then it is.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I want anything with the words "Monkey" and "Island" on it.
If it also has the words "2", " Le'Cuck's", " Revenge", " Special", and "Edition" I'll be extra happy :bee:.

I could see Vitality Sensor in use for some things... imagine a survival horror game that somehow uses your own biofeedback to enhance the experience, like the faster your pulse, the quicker your character runs away, the slower, the more eerie the mood gets (like sanity meter dropping in Eternal Darkness)... I dunno, there seems to be a lot they could do w/it...
That'd be too easy- being scared to make your character move faster in a horror game.
I'd prefer something like having it quite scary, with some down right jump out of your seat moments, and have the amount of enemies and stuff increase as your pulse races; so that you have to try and stay calm to get through the game, and any raise in your pulse will make it more frantic, and the more you panic, the harder it gets.

About E3 itself, I could see Nintendo "announcing" the Vitality Sensor like they announced the Motion Plus this E3.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
lolxboxhate

Almost all consoles that broke were kept wrongly. The 360 needs a lot of space to cool, so if you put it in a box or drawer or whatever, it'll overheat and RRoD.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Did you just dis Kirby freaking 64? :mad:

Kirby 64 is one of the BETTER games in the franchise. Let me blargh rant.
Calm down there dude.

Funny thing is, it was my first Kirby game.

And I used to like it as a kid. Oh how that opinion changed on this generation. I guess I shouldn't overhype a game I can only play at McDonald's every now and then.

But yeah, it's just an opinion thing and stuff like that.

I agree with the above again.

I'm pretty lucky with my post.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I guess I could say that the Kirby titles are getting the cold shoulder from Nintendo because of the number of false promises. T_T

Also for the Wii, Tales of Graces for the US or GTFO. Xbox 360, Final Fantasy XIV better be out for the 360 and not just PS3, (don't get me confused with Final Fantasy XIII because I know it's coming out for both systems already and the release date).

finalark

SNORLAX
You do realize that I said it wouldn't happen in the OP, right? I swaer, people don't even bother reading all of it.

Woah, slow down there bucko. There are a ton off good PS3 exclusives such as Uncharted (back off, Crashic), Little Big Planet or some upcomming titles that have loads of promise like Team ICO's the Last Guardian. And how is XBox Live better anyway? In my experiance, PSN and Xbox live are more or less exactly the same, only you have to pay to join a disfunctional community.

Let's be honest here, if we really want E3 10 to NOT suck what we really need to see isn't new consoles. Consoles, for the most part, are meaningless. It's a means to an end, what we really need are games that aren't ********. I want to see some ****ing new IPs, games that don't get made every ****ing year(anyone who gets surprised when a new Call of Duty is announced at E3 should be killed. Even some older stuff would be good, **** that doesn't get re-made every year. A new Sly Cooper, a new Banjo Kazooie, a new KIRBY'S TILT 'N' TUMBLE T-T. I already own 12 games where Mario Jumps, where a space marine with regenerating health shoots stuff, where a stereotypical anti-hero rampages through a large, vaguely New York like city. Hell, I hated Borderlands AND Brutal Legend, but at least they were different, at least they were fresh(and to other people who weren't me, at least they were good) But in the last half a YEAR that was basically it in terms of "New IPs worth playing."
Yeah, pretty much.

Top Bottom