• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hopes for E3 2010

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
This will literally never happen. Nintendo gave up on making good games about halfway through the Gamecubes lifespan and has since pretty much quit being a company that actually cares about games. It's now the "Microsoft" of the the video game industry, it does what it needs to to make the greatest level of profit and doesn't really care who it comes from. There's no reason to appease the "You guys were so awesome, go back to being that way" crowd when the "I've never played a game before but I know how to flail like an idiot" -
We've have known this for so long I can't believe there are people that still don't realize it yet.

I could see Vitality Sensor in use for some things... imagine a survival horror game that somehow uses your own biofeedback to enhance the experience, like the faster your pulse, the quicker your character runs away, the slower, the more eerie the mood gets (like sanity meter dropping in Eternal Darkness)... I dunno, there seems to be a lot they could do w/it...
Vitality Sensor will not support hardcore games. Iwata is using mindgames on you.:snake:

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
LOL @ people with their rose colored glasses. The fact that you guys think Nintendo ever cared about anything other than making money is laughable.

Contrary to what your little minds tell you, Pre-GC Nintendo wasn't a reliable guardian angel that always had your had back. It was just as much of a soulless, faceless business as back then as it is now. Only then, they had an easier time with the core market. lol

finalark

SNORLAX
Finalark, despite your many animadversions to the contrary, Nintendo stuck gold with the motion sensor number. After all, Project Natal and that little mic-like stick the PS3 would have never come to existence (not for this generation anyway) if Microsoft and Sony weren't getting their a**es handed to them by said technology.
(AND YES, I KNOW THIS IS A GOOD BUSINESS MOVE FOR THEM, STOP TRYING TO DEFEND NINTENDO WITH THAT ARGUMENT PEOPLE IT ISN'T WORKING).
Yeah, I have to agree though. The only reason why Sony and Microsoft are doing this is because of the Wii. Same reason why Xbox had to go and rip off the Miis.

I hate to say this, but why would Nintendo give up on the Wii? Maybe if Sony and Microsoft weren't following them, and the Wii wasn't selling like crack they would, but we both know that the game industry isn't about gamers. Unless your Valve, then it is.
It's not going to happen, the Wii is too big of a money maker for such a thing, but a REAL Nintendo console would be nice.
You know, I hate it when people try to raise points against me but don't even read what I have to say (or at just skim over it.)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That'd be too easy- being scared to make your character move faster in a horror game.
I'd prefer something like having it quite scary, with some down right jump out of your seat moments, and have the amount of enemies and stuff increase as your pulse races; so that you have to try and stay calm to get through the game, and any raise in your pulse will make it more frantic, and the more you panic, the harder it gets.
Yeah!! That's kinda what I was driving at, but sometimes I get things backwards, lol Your pulse would totally play into how the game plays though, like the sanity meter in ED. God... like the dog hallway in RE? W/a pulse meter the first time I went into the room my game would have exploded, lol But, like, ... if your pulse is faster, normally your adrenaline is pumping harder, so like, maybe your character could lift more, like boxes that are in the way or something. Like remember how long it took for Jill/Chris to slide Umbrella boxes around? If there were enemies present I could image the pulse meter reading your anxiety, and maybe you character would gain an adrenaline boost or something... I dunno, lol

Vitality Sensor will not support hardcore games. Iwata is using mindgames on you.:snake:
The only problem I see with it is it's like... ON your finger, or whatever... I use that finger when using wii-chuck controls, so like, if a game tried to employ it, like a survival horror title, I think it'd be a logistical nightmare trying to figure out how to control your character AND be wearing this block on your fingertip.

Top Bottom