• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 4! PA/OHIO/WV/MD/VA/CANADA?! doubles=mk banned!

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Hey way to help my tournament *******.

What's wrong with you? You don't say this in public.
Oh, I'm sorry. Were you sending me checks to promote your tournament or something? I must have missed it.

PS: Cry some moooooorrrreeee!

M@v

Subarashii!
No, its just that generally not a polite thing to do to tell people not to come to tournaments...in threads that are promoting tournaments.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
PS: Cry some moooooorrrreeee!
In all honesty, you're not missing much. These things usually burn me out and make me not want to play for at least a month. Too much smash in one day, and too much disgust over how unbalanced the game is at any decent level of play.
Sounds to me like you're the one doing the crying.

:phone:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
No, its just that generally not a polite thing to do to tell people not to come to tournaments...in threads that are promoting tournaments.
Put those reading glasses on, brah. He wasn't coming anyway. You should probably just drop it now. I don't wanna start ragging on your gig in its own thread, but I'll happy to if you keep whining. And before you start talking politeness, and being in person, maybe you better remember who stuck around to help you clean up last time.

Punk!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sleek Media.

I explained this to you once in the Mario boards, you didn't seem to get it.

You are a bad player and nobody cares what you say. You are probably worse than me, which is saying something.

Intentionally trying to hurt the scene because you have issues with the game is stupid. Nobody wants to hear about the balance issues with the game because we already know about them.

Now seriously, STFU.

Oh and Mario v MK/Falco/Icies is not 0:100 :troll:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Put those reading glasses on, brah. He wasn't coming anyway. You should probably just drop it now. I don't wanna start ragging on your gig in its own thread, but I'll happy to if you keep whining. And before you start talking politeness, and being in person, maybe you better remember who stuck around to help you clean up last time.

Punk!
Come on man, don't be like that. When you extend a hand to help, you don't expect people to automatically beseech you in whatever you do next. That's not kindness at all. And any negative feelings you hold toward this game should not carry over to the people that play it, take that up with Nintendo and HAL. All you're doing is putting yourself in a bad light for no apparent reason.

Take a chill pill, use that Preview Post button instead of Submit Reply, and think about what you're actually posting. It's just a waste to see people want to come down hard on all the wrong things.

And to finish, if you can't truly say anything good about anything pertaining to this thread, it would be much wiser to just not look at it again.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Sleek Media.

I explained this to you once in the Mario boards, you didn't seem to get it.

You are a bad player and nobody cares what you say. You are probably worse than me, which is saying something.

Intentionally trying to hurt the scene because you have issues with the game is stupid. Nobody wants to hear about the balance issues with the game because we already know about them.

Now seriously, STFU.

Oh and Mario v MK/Falco/Icies is not 0:100 :troll:
I didn't realize how bad I was at Smash Bros until you told me just now. Wow. What an eye opener! Why did I ever think I was good at this game?! Thank goodness we have kids on the internet with like...a million posts to clear this kind of thing up. I will now stfu and leave the internet in shame forever!

...or not. :troll:

Come on man, don't be like that. When you extend a hand to help, you don't expect people to automatically beseech you in whatever you do next. That's not kindness at all. And any negative feelings you hold toward this game should not carry over to the people that play it, take that up with Nintendo and HAL. All you're doing is putting yourself in a bad light for no apparent reason.

Take a chill pill, use that Preview Post button instead of Submit Reply, and think about what you're actually posting. It's just a waste to see people want to come down hard on all the wrong things.

And to finish, if you can't truly say anything good about anything pertaining to this thread, it would be much wiser to just not look at it again.
But...but...someone on the internet is wrong! I have to hit submit as quickly as possible! They need my help!

M@v

Subarashii!

Punk!
Punk? Come on man I know your better than that :/. Just because you helped me one time doesn't mean you can go say negative things without me saying something. Also, I know he wasn't coming anyway, but let me teach you something about the mighty internet. Even though you were only aiming towards one person, anyone who comes into this thread can read that, and that can portray an image that they aren't missing much, especially since your someone who's been to most of my events, and I thank you for the support, but please just watch what you say man. I put a lot of work into these events, and stuff like that doesn't help the event pay off.

On another note, I might be running an additional side event here. Stay tuned. Hint: Its popular in New Jersey.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The main issue is I main Dedede. He mains Mario.

Trollolololol MU regardless of having the infinite or not.

Without the infinite I still have a grab that results in 43% assuming I have no space to CG, more if I can.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery free MU, and also one I play quite a lot.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well, according to my class schedule I should be able to go. It's just the trip if I want to go or not lol but we shall see. It's a shame though that my class starts before Apex though -_-
Well hopefully I'll see you there Argent, hopefully.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Duelist would be cool.

And just for lulz:

There's an XKCD for like everything.
You win for getting the reference. XKCD rules. The rest of you should feel bad for not reading it.

Anyway, in celebration of my 666th post :evil:, I'll make an exception to my policy and consider accepting all MMs. 3D is annoying, but it's not like I only play Mario. Of course, I have a much better challenge than a standard MM in mind. I wanna know just how good you guys are at this game. Not just with a certain character or two with a given set of stages, but with the whole game. There's lots of ways to do this, but I think this is a good starting place to figure out some ground rules:

• best of five
  • double blind first match, standard tournament rules
  • second match switches p1 and p2 characters, same stage, same rules (take what you dish out)
  • matches 3 and 4 are the same, but with all stages and a minimum of 10 items available
  • match 5 is done by striking characters until only one remains (mirror match)

Chess boxing sounds fun, but I'd have a pretty good advantage. No offense, but y'all don't exactly strike me as the fighting type. Maybe just regular chess for kicks.

And M@V, don't take it so personally. I'm just being honest when I say that your tournaments drag on. It's like 10 hours or something for two tournaments. I know I'm exhausted when it's over, and you weren't exactly bouncing off the walls at the end of Hope 3 either. It's not a problem limited to your tournament, all the ones I've been to except the first two Otronicons share the same problem. Yes, things are a little disorganized at times, but there's no way to make that many pools and double elimination happen in less than a few hours no matter what you do.

Ask yourself honestly if you disagree with me, and if not, maybe consider switching things up. You've toyed with low tier tournaments before. Why not try something like having a bunch of cheaper single-elimination tournaments instead of one massive double elimination tournament? You could come up with different gimmicks (FFA, Falcon only, 3P CPU, coin lulz, etc). Keep everyone playing, make it exciting to watch and be part of. Or not. It's your event. I think it'd be a blast, though, and it'd really set HOPE apart from the other regional tourneys.

jbro

Smash Ace
Coming to this most definitely. /hope 4 may be the premiere of brolina/carroll melee dubs.. at the very least the Pittsburgh debut. Party hat pikachu swag

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Chess boxing actually sounds pretty awesome, add that to the list of things I must do before I die.

Also looking more and more like I won't be able to make this, still gonna try though.

Also Sleek I wouldn't be MMing your Mario with Dedede. I hate the MU, it's ****ing ********. Not fun for either player.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Won't be making it.

Guess that MM will have to wait for another time Sleek.

Can't afford to go to both this and Apex, so I'll just be going to Apex.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I've still got about 200 of those, so expect to see more. And I've gotta say...I've gotten alot of mileage out of that website over the years. Maybe I'll update it once I finish an iPhone game or two.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, hype to Sleek Media for his color coded bomb defuse game. It's just the kind of casual IPhone game that feels intuitive and addictive, he just needs to make it level based IMO and it could catch on.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So I've ran into a bit of a problem...

Megabus isn't really an option anymore, which I've been looking out for
I work now and work on mondays, and since this is Sunday, there is no time for me to take a megabus home monday morning or something and be home in time for work, and I can not call out.

hmmm

•Col•

Smash Champion
Crew battle, wat.

Who would the competing teams be? Pittsburgh vs. Ohio/Philly/Anyone?

Regardless of who the opponent was, I wouldn't even want to participate in it because Pittsburgh is free.

Top Bottom