• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 4! PA/OHIO/WV/MD/VA/CANADA?! doubles=mk banned!

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Me and my bro coming to this obviously. I need to do something different than win my first bracket match, lose my next two that I've done at EVERY $ tournament I've been to in my brawl career though, (only 4, but still). I've gotten byes and won my first lost next two, I've been stuck at the bottom of pools and won first lost next two, it's just how it has been for me:( Also, can you please have it so my brother doesn't run into Lain/Berserker too early at this one? He's won 7 games in brackets at the past two tourney's, with all his losses coming at the hands of those two. Be nice to him for once:)

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Heh...he needs to learn to beat my Mario before he'll have any chance of winning a tournament! MK vs Mario is 100:0. There's no excuse for the way pools went down last time.

:phone:

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
He was VERY streaky last tournament, and a very streaky player in general. As my cousin would attest as he was his partner, in doubles he basically single handedly took down King Beef and Luckay4life in a game, then he basically forgets how to play in pools. He gets demolished by king for 2 lives to start their first game, then goes on a run and 2-0s him. He gets completely wrecked by lain, he decides to switch from meta to IC as main and within a week of training with him, I have a harder time beating his ICs when they are on than his meta, (though he sometimes inexplicably does stupid stuff that allows me to beat him).

EDIT: you and Jmo missed having a money match last time, how much you wanna have it for Carroll? $3 with the option for a second double or nothing set sound good?

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Do you at least lube up before riding your brothers ****?

Side note: saying you're the best anything in Pittsburgh, is like saying you're the smartest ******. No one cares, you're still ********(or in this case, bad).

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I was just saying what my cousin said about the doubles set with him and my bro against King Beef and Luckay4Lyphe first round that my cousin and bro lost in game 3 when my cousin blew up C4 right under my brother.

Also Phoenix, I wouldn't say the best anything in Pittsburgh is bad. I mean, M@v managed to win a tournament that Blue Rogue was at and and probably could take down a good deal of higher level players.

Life

Smash Hero
Of course, M@V isn't here for the majority of the year. He might not count.

Pittsburgh needs to stop being okay with being bad.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Hey, I was just saying what my cousin said about the doubles set with him and my bro against King Beef and Luckay4Lyphe first round that my cousin and bro lost in game 3 when my cousin blew up C4 right under my brother.

Also Phoenix, I wouldn't say the best anything in Pittsburgh is bad. I mean, M@v managed to win a tournament that Blue Rogue was at and and probably could take down a good deal of higher level players.
iirc M@V didnt win a tournament with blue rogue in it... he got 2nd twice (first time blue rogue beat him in 2 sets of grand finals and the 2nd time mav beat blue shugo won the tournament)

well we only have around 2-3 tournaments a year so we're pretty much stuck with being bad lol

M@v

Subarashii!
I didn't win that tourney; shugo whooped my *** hard in grand finals LOL. Still got 2nd though.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
@mozz, I'll MM the great jmo. I pride matched him at hope3 and won. Zss dittos.

@ Phoenix dark. Looooooool I'm the best zss. U mad? nawwww dude I play melee. I'm the best zss in Pittsburgh because I'm like the ONLY zss. Brawl sucks. Not enough fox.

Also m@v is the man.
My favorite brawl player ever.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
*points at mav*
oh u ninja u

it's funny because ZSS has a zero-death on Fox

fosho that's my point, if we had more tournaments we'd be okay, we just don't have anyone that'll TO that much. Hint.
I don't know anything about brawl.. Like the little things.. (I got threw into the ps1 tree 100 times at hope... Carroll vs mozz :/ ) and I try to play it like melee. Combos edgegaurding. Idk i just like zss.

But I do plan on making my smash nation series a annual thing. Me and Mav are the best TOs in Pittsburgh. Get at us.

Life

Smash Hero
I don't know anything about brawl.. Like the little things.. (I got threw into the ps1 tree 100 times at hope... Carroll vs mozz :/ ) and I try to play it like melee. Combos edgegaurding. Idk i just like zss.

But I do plan on making my smash nation series a annual thing. Me and Mav are the best TOs in Pittsburgh. Get at us.
You're like the only TOs in Pittsburgh (or at least that I know of)...

M@v

Subarashii!
Pffft lake I'm the best TO this city has ever SEEN get@me. :p

You are the best commentator by leaps and bounds though.

And Carroll is the match hyper.

I usually go to most of my tournaments while I'm home though because I have more time.

Although there's a moderately good chance I won't be in Pittsburgh in 2 years because I graduate college Fall 2012, and although I might take a job here, there's a higher chance I'll move somewhere else. My ultimate goal as of now is to move to Florida and set up shop down there.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Also Tf2 is on of the best game ever created, not just from game play, but from all its modding and custom video potential as well.
atatatatatatatata
I hate that damn game. I call it the Mario Kart of FPS. It's one of those games that never stops kicking you in the balls.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I hate that damn game. I call it the Mario Kart of FPS. It's one of those games that never stops kicking you in the balls.
Wat.

Other than the random crits, it's nothing like the ridiculousness that is Mario Kart. :(

jarvitz

Smash Apprentice
OK STOP EVERYTHING!

Seems like you are forgetting MY ZSS in this equasion. I proved it at hope 3, and will do so again. Also Carroll, make smash nation more than once a year please. I'll help if u need it since I'm close anyway.

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Ok, for the first time ever:

I'm bringing the swag! I got the results. Inui logic dictates I'm the best in the world at brawl. You'll all be so hypnotized by my skillz that you'll walk into f smashes just so you can say you got styled by Mozz.

OK, er`yone come at me!

Life

Smash Hero
If I end up attending Duquesne a year from now I'll take up Melee seriously. Until then, I'll screw around with it so I can at least have reasonable techskill so that if/when that happens I have less of a learning curve to deal with. (Thinking Marth, Jiggs, or 'Dorf characterwise.) Fosho, if you end up playing Melee at this, I'll play you.

Still doing Brawl bracket, though. Need to see if I'm really just a bad player or a bad Sonic.....

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
i wish i got into our melee scene more, but its like 100000 years too late for me to be picking up that game i'd be way to behind the metagame
Play Project M. It's a billion times more fun on the casual level, and still has enough elements of Melee to get you into the competitive level of play. There's really not that much to learn to be decent at Melee (loads if you want to be ranking top 5 in every tournament you go to).

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Not true at all. But it does take dedication. Play with us:)

I have to be satisfied with my skills as a brawl player before i can get into a more technical game lol
Play Project M. It's a billion times more fun on the casual level, and still has enough elements of Melee to get you into the competitive level of play. There's really not that much to learn to be decent at Melee (loads if you want to be ranking top 5 in every tournament you go to).
eh I don't feel like playing project M til the full thing comes out... the demo gets really boring

M@v

Subarashii!
Alright, I'm hungry to win this regardless who shows. If I bust my *** off for this it'll help me prepare for APEX at the same time.

I came 1 stock away from winning a tourney; I actually want to do it this time :|

Top Bottom