• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy Smash: Leviticus *12/18/10* ~There Will Be A Lock In~ #Bring Setups# CFL

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'd love to come. I missed you guys at Tommy_G's D:, although I don't know if I can cover the gas money to get up here though >.>

maybe, but I'd need to find a ride first lol

:rosalina:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Haha Viper. You already know i'm advertising.
But, i'm also a HUGE supporter of Holy Smash.

So i hope you will allow it :162:

:D

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
hey viper me and pie will try and be at this we've been looking forward to it were going to the tourney at nll for some practice before this tourney were trying to get our crew back on the competitve scene we hate having to be the only ones repping poinciana lol but we defintely gotta get some dubs friendlies in thats what were hyped for and some singles to I've been working on my kirby for a while it was good before but now I think its really good trying to be the best kirby in Florida and live the life of a kirby main its hard especially when u get camped alot but looking forward to playing u and all the PRs

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
I be reppin Poinciana all day

just sayin....
lol I mean like me and pie have more friends who play smash but they've just been away from the competitve scene sadly I know u repping point idk how u get to every tourney we live in the middle of no where but yo u wanna smash the weekend before this me and pie looking to get some more practice in for dubs:)

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I'm still day to day on this one. But I would say that FGCU Viper can hold a tournament better than anyone in the entire state. He knows how to run the game.

P.I.E.

Smash Ace
lol I mean like me and pie have more friends who play smash but they've just been away from the competitve scene sadly I know u repping point idk how u get to every tourney we live in the middle of no where but yo u wanna smash the weekend before this me and pie looking to get some more practice in for dubs:)
Don't forget we have to put up a trial for the new guy (payne)
I guess he gets to see us in action :p

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
ESAM what a douchebaggy thing to do. Make more informed date selections next time bro.

Let's just enjoy this as much as possible.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I will speak with ESAM I have had this date for months and i already have the details of the venue hammered, its been set for at least 3 months.

I dont know ESAM's situation on traveling but i assure you that the Holy Smash Venue is one of the best in FL and he would be more then comfortable playing at my venue.

also it is true what goes around comes around comes around. Earlyer this year i booked Holy Smash: Genesis on the same day as one of ESAM's monthlys. That was back when i was new to the TO scene and did not understand the workings of it. It was my fault, there is not much i can say besides politely asking him to push it back and guarantee a great experience at Holy Smash: Leviticus if he attends.
I reallly don't even know anything about the florida regions. All I know is none of us are SFL or CFL, or NFL. Together we're FL, and if we're gonna keep considering our selves part of a region of florida, I don't think we'll have such a bright smash future :(

Look at MLG Dallas. ESAM's high placing wasn't SFL's victory, it was FLORIDA's victory. I may be misundertanding these regions things, but anytime someone brings up regions of florida, I always hear them arguing over who's better. IMO, Florida can't be better than Florida, because Florida PWNS, and that's all that should matter. I'm not CFL, lke people would call me. I'm FL, I wanna be able to represent Forida United, and if we can do that out of state, then we can do it in our own territory @__@'
+1 respect for both of you, and also 2link of holding it down with the Florida Thread/recording.

Geting back on subject, Your venue is in the same place as exodus was viper?
All Holy Smash events have been/are at the same location.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
oh im confused is this tourney supposed to have a really good turn out?
Like are most parts of FL going to this?
Yes i still expect to have a 30+ person turn out and i have not been able to Contact ESAM yet so weather SFL will show or not is up in the air. I will call him again today.

Esam's in on the same day as this. I know technically gdx would wanna go down south but i know since this is closer we will be here.
Thanks for your support you will enjoy This Holy Smash.

-!-

Smash Lord
I really doubt Esam will re-schedule again or cancel nd come to this.

Hopefully this still delivers 35+

Exdeath

Smash Master
oh im confused is this tourney supposed to have a really good turn out?
Like are most parts of FL going to this?
Both of the past Holy Smashes have been amazing. It's a great venue with lots of televisions (last time there was a permanent friendly room that had 4 set-ups running at all times), it has good turn-outs with fair pay-outs, its location makes it easier for more of CFL (and I believe SFL) to make it, and it's run by one of the best TOs in the region.

Hype!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Viper a sure fire way of getting his attention would be to post in his tournament thread. As I thought he doesn't mean to be too disrespectful to you, but as you know he's has to push his tourney already and he wants two tournies worth of practice for Pound V. I'm not entirely sure so don't take my word for it, but I think he has expressed slight consideration for moving his date to January. You need to post in his monthly thread to make sure to get his attention though and have a proper discussion about a date change.

Remember I said only slight consideration. Discuss it with him calmly and maybe you can persuade him. I'm sure you might be able to pull it off.

Oooh and thanks Xdeath I really appreciate the encouragement now and then.
:rosalina:

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
cant wait for this tourney viper is the best tourney host lol yo viper me and pie are bringing a setup together again idk if theres door fee but if there is we just want five bucks off lol
If you come for the lock in and have a full set up i will take off 5.00 from the door fee. But if you miss the lock in and bring a setup i will not be taking off for the door Fee. But if you cant make the lock in would you please bring your set up anyway. It will help run the tourney fast and get more friendlies in

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Actually changing the date. I didn't realize Swamp people had the date since like September. See, I can be reasonable.

I'm moving it to the 8th of January.
Thank You ESAM
You are more then welcome to come up here and take our money.
My Offer still stands.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Interesting.... Count me in, I'm ripe for a few regionals, especially one that's only a three hour drive from Tally.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
I may be able to make it to the lock in-if so, I'll bring my set-up if possible- but I won't be bringing anybody with me. Noone else from around is here serious about gaming. A shame =/

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
If you come for the lock in and have a full set up i will take off 5.00 from the door fee. But if you miss the lock in and bring a setup i will not be taking off for the door Fee. But if you cant make the lock in would you please bring your set up anyway. It will help run the tourney fast and get more friendlies in
No prob man ill see about the lock in idk though but ill bring the setup its a flat screen though so idk if it will lag or not ill try i probably got hd cables lying around somewhere.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
Just out of curiosity, what's the general professionalism scene at your usual events?
No offense, but... I don't mingle with scrubs too well >.> They irk me........

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Just out of curiosity, what's the general professionalism scene at your usual events?
No offense, but... I don't mingle with scrubs too well >.> They irk me........
I dont know how to answer your question.

I have no idea how good you are at this game so i dont know what you consider a scrub.

do you have any OFFLINE tourney exp such as a results thread link to a top 5 placement or vids up on youtube as to witch i could gage your skill lv

Grump

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't mean scrub as in skill level.
I mean scrub as in mind-set :p People of all skill levels are awesome, I just don't want to hear people complainig of "That's not fair!" at every smart move that me or other players happen to make.... I swear, the "That's not fair." claim is my biggest pet peeve >.<

But to answer your question, no I don't. I used to do 360 tournies all the time, but I only just recently realized that Smash has a professional gaming setting. This'll be my first Smash tournament (not counting those silly city/county wide things that people occasionally hold).

kirbydabest

Smash Journeyman
me and my dubz partner do, were in desperate need of dubz practice
Nice you gone be at the lock in cus i might go if i dont go to the lockin me and pie will probably be one of the first people there were not hard to miss lol i wear a hat with a bunch of signatures on it and have big *** headphones on lol and pie is black with an afro cant miss that lmao :)

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
No, I don't mean scrub as in skill level.
I mean scrub as in mind-set :p People of all skill levels are awesome, I just don't want to hear people complainig of "That's not fair!" at every smart move that me or other players happen to make.... I swear, the "That's not fair." claim is my biggest pet peeve >.<

But to answer your question, no I don't. I used to do 360 tournies all the time, but I only just recently realized that Smash has a professional gaming setting. This'll be my first Smash tournament (not counting those silly city/county wide things that people occasionally hold).
OH you mean the complainers. I see and i also agree with you and i am sure there will be players at the event that are like that but i know that you will be able to sit down with many players that will not complain while playing.

but on there defence the small step cg ddd can do to dk is hella gay in friendlies lol.

There are fewer "scrubs" by far then there are skilled thinking players to answer your question.

I'll be coming to this. I'm gonna bring Gainesville with me.
Will you be able to make it to the lock in?
I will up date the attendance list

Top Bottom