• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hiroshi presents......iGT3 - 10/27/07 - Kissimmee, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
They only ***** the pot because YOU won. If anyone else won he would have taken like 5 dollars and given the rest as prize$$

Zoro

Smash Champion
why was the date changed?
Lobsta hada take this day off from walmart an now hes got a day off for nothin

F-0

Smash Apprentice
Since I found out about the date early, I can request this off. Hey Zoro, your Link, and your girlfriend's name is Marin. Link & Marin?! Did anyone else get that? I'm probably so late...Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go. Ray's comin, Brian, Hbox, Zoro, Me, (where the hell is Al), and is Eric & Danny goin? We could have a crew battle with all of Wato!

Zoro

Smash Champion
Since I found out about the date early, I can request this off. Hey Zoro, your Link, and your girlfriend's name is Marin. Link & Marin?! Did anyone else get that? I'm probably so late...Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go. Ray's comin, Brian, Hbox, Zoro, Me, (where the hell is Al), and is Eric & Danny goin? We could have a crew battle with all of Wato!
yeah haha

Ray is back!?!?
eric and danny are going and yeah i guess we could.

on another note nvm about the date thing
lobsta requested the day for gigs off me thinks instead of this one :(

Zoro

Smash Champion
I like that name
My apprentice was going to take that name
but decided to go with EdogSmokeHouse
hopefully he'll appear one day, but youll probably see him for brawl

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
hey phil, its brian whats up.
we are all getting ready for iGT3 coming up but the same issue is being brought up more and more frequently. and that is the "pot ****" issue, as they like to say. all the smashers have nothing bad to say about your venue, its one of, if not the best venue we've been to, but it is also the place that takes the biggest amount of money from the pot. this is a concern for them seeing how they are used to the game centers taking like 25-35% from the pot, not 50%. i mean, most will still come, but the tournament number are being held down by this issue.

These are direct posts from the iGT3 tournament thread:

"Talk to them about the pot ****, see if they'll consider taking less than 50%!!!"

"Half the pot?!Wow, at my tourney there's free food and I dont **** the pot at all."

"They take 50%. . .gay"

"It will grow quicker if there is less pot ****..."

"i also agree on the pot **** issue"

This post shows how some very good Fl smashers actually dont want to come because of the pot issue.

"Can you please post the pot split and what % they will be taking out.Or else South Florida will not attend this cuz I don't feel like playing in another Extemeplay esq tourney."

This is me supporting you guys in the thread, but still, i also agree that iGT could still be so much bigger if you would lower the amount taken from the pot. Creating a big tournament is a snowballing effect. you want more people to initialy come, because then they attract more people. they'll be like, "oh snap, S. Fl. is coming, we have to go, and then other people want go cuz it looks big, and then everybody wants to go because they know its gonna be big with a lot of good comp.

"yes i realize that doodah. but nonetehless, every other aspect of the venue is great. lots of space, not cramped at all. mad tvs. like 14 set-ups. mad friendlies all day. run really well. its a great venue...peace"

again, we are not bashing your venue or your tournaments, but i REALLY REALLY REALLY recommend that you lower the amount taken from the pot and we would appreciate it a lot. we do love your venue though, as i could easily find more posts saying more positive things then negative. but seeing as this is the only negative aspect of your tournament, i would like to perfect it.

thanks, brian

THIS IS WHAT I SENT IN AN EMAIL TO iNet Gamerz, LETS SEE WHAT THEY SAY.

F-0

Smash Apprentice
Hell yes! It's been too long since i've smashed.
Wato and other cool people are invited.

And nick is it a black one??? lol I just took a random one from juan's place and left mine.
Yes it is. Leave it at juan's place so I can pick it up. I think that's the easiest way for me to get it back. PLEASE! I've been playing like crap lately...

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
> Brian,

I'm not changing the pot.....I've seen that most game centers take 40%
(i'm on their email list for tournaments), but they are tournament
centers. I don't make much on the SSB tournament. I'd have a better
day
financially if I didn't have the tournament. I have the tournament
because of you. We could increase the price if they want a higher
pot???
I think it's pretty cheap at $15 per person for singles and $10 per
person
for a team to play from 11am - 6pm. I think they get a pretty good
deal.

Phil

That's what phil replied to the email i sent him. its still going to be 50%. from the pot...peace

-hiroshi

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
> Brian,

I'm not changing the pot.....I've seen that most game centers take 40%
(i'm on their email list for tournaments), but they are tournament
centers. I don't make much on the SSB tournament. I'd have a better
day
financially if I didn't have the tournament. I have the tournament
because of you. We could increase the price if they want a higher
pot???
I think it's pretty cheap at $15 per person for singles and $10 per
person
for a team to play from 11am - 6pm. I think they get a pretty good
deal.

Phil

That's what phil replied to the email i sent him. its still going to be 50%. from the pot...peace

-hiroshi
well as long as i get singles and doubles moneeys back for 3rd, im cool with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom