• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hilt & Clowsui present: REVENGE - MIDWEST EAST V MIDWEST WEST ON STREAM 11:30 AM

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
yeah, the game me vs. Chewy was 2-1. That was a local tourney though, run by a club at our school. Nothing actually legit. It was single elim, 1-game sets until finals, which is dumb.
I SD'd first stock the last game which gave him the advantage. :(

I did the same thing against Cheese at the last DBAS (2-1)... but I SD'd second stock instead of first. I still feel like I could've won that set, but NYEAH! That's part of the reason why I want to play some of the best pplz and get some advice. I know there's something I'm doing wrong, but I want to be able to pin it down more easily and get the specifics so that I can improve.

Excel's good! You should see how many times he gets SHORYUKEN on me for messing up. xP Although, Ness' head is broken and destroys Luigi at any time he's above Ness. xD
Ripple... he just picks DK and makes me cry. :(

But yeah, @Tech, I'll try and find you there. xD

EDIT:
lol clowsui is a good player??
you must be mad free :yeahboi:

I've never played nor seen Clow, but I've heard of his name. I've never heard of you before, Gio. xP

Warfie

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys I'm coming to this tourney and Im lookin for a doubles partner... been awhile since i've been to an event... For anyone who isn't familiar with me i used to go by cake and am part of the Late Great smash group "Smashfield (Springfield)", a few of us are going to make it out to this tourney! So if anyone is in need of a doubles partner I'm looking!!! LONG LIVE SMASHFIELD!!!!!!!!!

steep

Smash Lord
(at this point, I'm basically confirmed and just need to talk about it with Ripple)

I want to try and at least get a friendly in with the following people if I go to this:

MJG
Infern
Lain
Hilt
Shugo
Clowsui
Tech_Chase

All the GOD KAIS!!!! people know Smash64, and I would like some advice from people who've played him so that I can know what he does better or differently. (I should've asked Legan when I played him what Smash64 did differently.... owells.)
Lain, Hilt, Clowsui, Tech_Chase you're all good players (or those good players whose names I can think of off the top of my head) and at least general gameplay advice would be good if you could give it.
I would like to play you. I beat Smash64 last time I played him… but that's cus the Mario-Ness MU is lol. Plus it was a friendly and everyone was getting tired by the end of the day…

EDIT: I officially need a dubs partner for this! I use mostly :luigi2: in dubs but my :mario2: is pretty legit in dubs too...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Everyone is solid v ness tho
Only DK and Marth. Snake it depends on whether or not they can manage a grab in the middle of the stage, and Ness shouldn't be risking getting grabbed there EVER. Same with D3. Vs. DK and Marth, Ness doesn't really have much of a choice. He's either going to get grabbed or out-spaced in almost every situation.

Just a note: a good Ness will only get grabbed near the edge of the stage or on a short platform so that he can break out nearly instantly. Sometimes, people make mistakes (I make many mistakes), and that's why the Ness would put himself in a situation to get grabbed in a bad spot.

Other characters....

vs. Diddy, Ness with a banana = OMGWTFBBQ
vs. Falco, Falco's ground game beats Ness, but after CG percentages, it's fairly even. I just suck at dealing with one or two things that Falco uses. I can absorb lasers like a boss. xD
vs. MK, Ness can deal with Nado very well. I personally don't think MK can gimp Ness as easily as people say, but I've yet to play a top MK (besides Marshall a couple months ago). I might get rocked in that respect. The GR across the stage is annoying... nyeah.
vs. ICs, on the right stage, Ness shouldn't get grabbed. Also, if played correctly, PK Fire works so much better on ICs than many other characters. Ness separates the ICs well and can basically destroy them if they're offstage recovering. The only problem is that Ness loses the awesomeness of his grabs for the general matchup, which is pretty obnoxious. I like this MU, but I always do something wrong and get grabbed (buffered an FSmash, DSmash.... something dumb)
vs. PT, the only problem is the GR from squirtle and Charizard.

EDIT: I'll play you steep. I love potentially difficult MUs. xD

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
Hey Steep, do you remember me? The name is Sombra! We played a money match at School is in Session 5! We should play again here! I bet you've gotten better!

We don't even need to play for money, I just want to challenge everyone, haha!

What say you?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Steep, I must warn you, his Ness is not easy and he plays against me ALOT.
Thanks dude. xD But you know my Ness sucks so bad. I mean Ripple just annihilates me every time. xD

/obviousSarcasm.

Ness too pro, dudes. xP

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Two :wolf:s bout to be in WF's of doubles. Me+Fino vs Kain+MJG. Calling it.

And for fantasy bracket, if I play Kain then put me down as a loss to him cause he's much better then me at the ditto and I might feel too honorable to cp him lol.

:018:

steep

Smash Lord
@Oreo: That just makes me more excited to play him!
@Eagle eye: Alright! We'll find each other at the venue!
@Sombra: Of course I remember you dude! Let's play some friendlies for sure!

Still looking for a teammate! hit me up!

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Two :wolf:s bout to be in WF's of doubles. Me+Fino vs Kain+MJG. Calling it.

And for fantasy bracket, if I play Kain then put me down as a loss to him cause he's much better then me at the ditto and I might feel too honorable to cp him lol.

I'm not sure you have a better chance going MK than you would with Wolf tbh.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm not sure you have a better chance going MK than you would with Wolf tbh.
>Implying :metaknight: hard counters :wolf:.

Why would I go my :metaknight: in a matchup that :wolf: barely loses when I can go like :dedede:? I know :dedede: vs :wolf: from both sides.

Not gonna do that to Kain, but just saying.
lol seagull plays MK?

:troll:
:troll:.

Are you going to this Gio? I miss your humor LOL.
You didn't know this? It's been his alt for the longest time.
Lol. He knows Austin. I've met and played Gio. I think he beat me in the ditto LOL.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
A real man makes MM challenges BECAUSE he's broke. Silly Austin.

Also, Seagull:

MM me.

:dedede: vs :metaknight:

No Cruise/Brinstar though. This MU is horrific enough lol I just want more practice in it.

:phone:

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Would like to MM as many people as possible at this. May be my last out-of-state tournament? Not sure yet.

But everyone play me :)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
A real man makes MM challenges BECAUSE he's broke. Silly Austin.

Also, Seagull:

MM me.

:dedede: vs :metaknight:

No Cruise/Brinstar though. This MU is horrific enough lol I just want more practice in it.

Sure thing.

I don't normally hard Cp on those stages vs :dedede: unless I truely wanted to stay :wolf:.

Kel

Smash Master
Tako! Dominion: Hinterlands comes out on the 20th along with Skyward sword! That seems to be a good day; and I won't even have to use my AK

OldAnthem27

Smash Journeyman
So, for my own benefit, here are the people that have pledged to play me (I think). If your name is listed and you are unaware of our match, consider it me asking if you want to play:

1. Composer
2. Roller
3. Tech Chase
4. Excel
5. Luminoth
6. Steep
7. Hilt

8. ?? SneakyTako... remember how you beat me every time we play? Well, I hope to turn that around! We should play here!
9. ?? Eagle... Would you like to play? I like fighting Ness! I just think it's a fun matchup!

I'm looking to play anyone and/or everyone, so just find me and ask. My name will be stitched onto a hat! Really looking forward to playing some new people!

~ Sombra ~

Top Bottom