• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High School Mafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
AltF4 Why the vote on Eor.

And at Scav you just said you thought random votes were dangerous, and then Alt said it's a shame we must vote at random and went for Eor.. any reason why you didn't jump on that?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Because everyone is acting just as suspicious and innocent as the next. When it comes to it, unless someone blatantly says "I'M MAFIA!", the first lynch is going to be pretty random. =/

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Hmm, good point. We have until Sunday, and I'd like to see more from Alt. Your question is a good one, and I'm interested to hear his answer.

To be blunt, I'm not surprised by a random vote by Alt. People are always making fun of him for his black nail polish and dark poetry. This does not (and should not) give him a pass. If this seems like a weak defense to give him, it's because it is. But it's the reason why I'm not willing to declare him dangerous. Logically, his vote makes sense to me.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Scav, my question was this:

First of all a question: Do we know exactly which roles and how many of them are in this game? I’m used to getting an overview before the game starts (like 8x villager, 1x seer 2x wolf in an 11 people game).
Maybe I should separate stuff like this even more when I'm making long posts. =p

I still suspect Goldshadow and Mic more than anyone else, although their defenses made them less suspicious in my book. Redcell's complete inactivity bugs me, although some other players don't contribute much more than he does really. If this keeps up, I'll probably change my vote to Redcell. The only problem with voting off an inactive player is that it doesn't lead to much valuable information. Unless he's Mafia, it's probably the best thing to do for both Town and Mafia, leading to a "safe" vote for everyone. No Townie will get frowned upon and the Mafia can just blend in with the other players.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ahh. Yeah, we don't know what roles there are. Which is disorienting. We won't know until people start dying, and later when people start roleclaiming.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
We don't know, but we can go off the general basis. There is probably a doctor, a cop, a roleblocker, and the mafia probably have a night kill. None of those are certain, but it's very rare to find a game without those.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, good point. We have until Sunday, and I'd like to see more from Alt. Your question is a good one, and I'm interested to hear his answer.

To be blunt, I'm not surprised by a random vote by Alt. People are always making fun of him for his black nail polish and dark poetry. This does not (and should not) give him a pass. If this seems like a weak defense to give him, it's because it is. But it's the reason why I'm not willing to declare him dangerous. Logically, his vote makes sense to me.
You know what? **** you and your stereotyping. Just because someone wears black means they can't write poetry?!

It doesn't matter what I say, you're all just going to make your assumptions anyway.

See:
I promise, promise, promise that I'm not Mafia.

There. But of course that's exactly what I'd say if I were Mafia, so forget it. Just take your chances. ****. I'm so sick of high school, why don't you all do a favor and kill me so I don't have to take any more of you pricks.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Hey dudes, sorry I've been cutting so much class to go to the mall. And I'll be going away for the weekend and won't be back before the deadline.

I don't have too much to say. I don't get the complaining that Matt was in an easy position to be lynched by the mafia because then at least whoever hammered him would obviously be mafia. I guess you could argue that people piling on the votes were edging him toward getting lynched by a townie who wanted to take the joke too far, but I dunno.

Also there are a lot of new players here but you guys should be wary. When someone puts forth a general philosophy on how the game should be played (e.g. keep the most 'valuable' people rather than lynch whoever seems the most likely to be scum, or that it doesn't matter what you do on day 1, or that a certain major action is a good or bad idea, like mass claiming) it's just as likely that they don't really agree with the idea but just want to lead people into certain actions or excuse themselves from not making them. So for instance when people were talking about keeping the most valuable players and making lists of who they are then if those people turn out to be scum then you should examine their lists to see where they would position their mafia buddies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So, guys... we have less than 24 hours left in the period. Time to start discussing Mr. Inactive? Also, I've never known for sure if "no lynch" is a viable option. Is it? Should we take a pass on this round?

Matt

Banned via Administration
The deadline is fast approaching, guys. We have to make a decision! But it's soooo hard. =( =( =(

I know this may sound like crazy talk, but what if... what if there was no mafia? What if the administrators are just playing some sick game to turn us all against each other for their own pleasure, ala Battle Royale? Or-GASP! What if there are TWO mafias?? This is indeed a most disturbing universe.

HEY, I heard a great joke the other day. Okay! Here goes.

Why do cows have bells?

Because their horns don't work!

Oh, also,

AltF4 said:
There. But of course that's exactly what I'd say if I were Mafia, so forget it. Just take your chances. ****. I'm so sick of high school, why don't you all do a favor and kill me so I don't have to take any more of you pricks.
Why so seriousss?

Vote: AltF4Warrior.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think we might just have to go with no-lynch. The worst thing that could come of it is that the mafia don't use their night ability to leave us in the dark, but they have to kill us just as much as we have to kill them, and that wouldn't really improve their chances.

Or, we could go for an inactive, and hope that they're lurking, or use it so the mafia can't just nightkill one of them to keep us in the dark.

I don't think Yeroc has posted yet (though I admit I haven't looked that up, he's just the only person I have no memory of doing so), so I'd say him.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
I've never played a game where the players could choose not to lynch someone, although there is a role that can prevent a lynch. Isn't the basis of this game that two people die every day unless it gets prevented somehow?

Even if it were possible, I don't think "not lynching" is a good solution, although it'd be good for our number. We won't get any new information and I doubt all inactive players will magically start posting.

At the moment I'm torn between voting for one of my prime suspects (Goldshadow and Mic, vote's on Mic currently) and voting for Mr. Inactive (Redcell and Yeroc stand out the most, but Alt and OWM are getting there).

Eor: Yeroc has posted a few times, but nothing worth mentioning.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I don't know if we're supposed to, but here's what I counted:

1 mic128 (eor)
1 gold (scav)
1 owm (kevinm)
1 eor (alt)
1 alt (matt)

I've just gotten home for the day, so I'll post again in a minute after I've gone back over the thread again.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [7/14 to lynch]
2: Goldshadow (Scav, Crimson King)
1: Mic_128 (Eor)
1: Eor (AltF4Warrior)
1: AltF4Warrior (Matt)
1: omegawhitemage (KevinM)
1: Mic_128 (Marc)

A deadline is set for Noon EST, Sunday, September 7th. (TOMORROW!)
At deadline, plurality counts as a majority lynch, so if you want to lynch no one, there must be a specific plurality for "vote: no lynch."

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I have a list of people whom I think are possibly town, but I can't pin anybody as mafia yet, which is understandable considering how early in the game it is. I imagine anybody who's mafia would generally take a more active role to try and shunt suspicion away from them, which leads me to believe at least most of the inactives are probably not mafia.

Matt is somewhat suspicious. On the one hand, he's behaving like classic Matt, what with his jovial attitude in his posts and his jokes. I don't believe he usually plays (or has played any) mafia games. But it seems to me like this would be the perfect cover for a mafiat to hide behind. It's definitely not enough to confirm anything, and I am definitely not going to vote for him based on a simple suspicion.

I don't to risk voting a townie, so I am going to have to go with:

vote: No Lynch

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I don't see what lynching an inactive would do for us.

Sure, we have a small chance of eliminating a mafia. We have a greater chance of killing a townie, and gaining nothing from it. No information, because the player we lynched was inactive.

Personally, I don't think lynching an active would help much either. Sure, we'd get a bit more information, but we'd also risk losing a townie who's actually contributing.

Really, I've played a fair number of these games now. At first, I didn't agree with the logic behind a no-lynch. I mean, all it does is give the mafia a free kill. But if we do lynch somebody, chances are we're lynching a townie. And then we're giving the mafia two free kills.

It's a lose-lose situation for the town. It always is on day one. We're just going to have to choose the option that loses us the least. It seems to me that today, that option is a no-lynch.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I have a list of people whom I think are possibly town, but I can't pin anybody as mafia yet, which is understandable considering how early in the game it is. I imagine anybody who's mafia would generally take a more active role to try and shunt suspicion away from them, which leads me to believe at least most of the inactives are probably not mafia.
Eh, you really can't tell. Everybody has different styles of play in these game. Generally, I find that inactives are just as inactive playing townies as they are when playing mafia.

And because I forgot to do it in my first post:

Vote: No-Lynch

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Seeing who votes what is information too. Not everyone is going to vote for the same inactive guy. We can get lucky and kill a Mafia, but even if we don't, chances are there are some Mafia voters when that guy turns out to be innocent.

Inactives become a problem later on if they're Mafia. After the first few days there isn't much room to take care of that problem anymore, because you probably suspect some of the active players and want to vote them out. This is my first time with you guys, I don't know what the chances are that the currently inactive players become active again. The fact remains there are FOUR people who hardly post anything. Of course, they've all posted some oneliners here and there, but people who barely post are really hard to judge.

I guess I'm also not used at all to having not lynching as an option. Looks like there won't be one, but the game will finally advance at least. I really hope inactives won't ruin the game in the end. I've seen it happen before and it sucks. =/

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Alright, I realize I'm probably one of the very least active players, and there have been a couple people to point this out. As I said it's not all my own fault. Another factor is my own relative inexperience in mafia games, though I know that this doesn't do me any favors. Most of you (like Scav) seem to just be trying to get me to post more. So here's what I got so far:

I'm not sure what to make of Marc at the moment. He touts his familiarity with these sorts of games then complains about how they're different from the rules he used to play by, so while he might be a useful player he's still got things to get acclimated to. As one of the primary players in the campaign against the inactives, and myself in particular, I'm sort of put off by the attention, but he's not done anything terribly suspicious yet.

Right now, even though I don't like how Scav made a list of names, I don't think he's mafia at the moment. But it was a rather odd thing to do. A lot of his logic seemed pretty good, though any good player, scum or not, will have a good plan from outward appearances.

Alt threw a flag with his completely random vote, which Scav did nothing to alleviate by defending him. His vote was for Eor though, someone else I'm keeping my eye on. So I'm probably wrong somewhere, but they're both suspicious individually (especially if there are any independent roles in this game)

Matt's trying very hard to not be taken seriously, which is something I don't like at all. He voted for Alt, so I almost have a triangle going on here.

Mic's maybe a little suspicious, as he drew some heat for taking the joke a little far, then brushing off accusations by pointing his suspicions at someone else then going AWOL. But who can say at this point.

I wanted to go a lot more in depth with my observations, there are players I've barely come into contact with this game (KevinM, OWM) and I can't really pin anything down there. But I figure I had better post what I have right now before I go to bed. Right now I guess the most suspicion I have is for Matt, though that's hardly substantial, he just gives me bad vibes. No votes for me yet, I'll be awake in the morning.

Matt

The other night I thought I got bitten by a black widow!

It turns out she was married.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I wasn't trying to attack you when I said that, but I just noticed you hadn't posted in a while either. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm a person who reads more than he posts as well :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That was mainly just for anyone, not specifically you. :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Final Day 1 Vote Count [7/14 to lynch]
2: Goldshadow (Scav, Crimson King)
2: No lynch (Goldshadow, Mediocre)
2: Mic_128 (Eor, Marc)
1: Eor (AltF4Warrior)
1: AltF4Warrior (Matt)
1: omegawhitemage (KevinM)

The deadline set for Noon EST, Sunday, September 7th, has been reached.
At deadline, plurality counts as a majority lynch, so if you want to lynch no one, there must be a specific plurality for "vote: no lynch."

((note: there was a three way tie, and I really can't lynch two people in one day. so tie.)

*Tap tap tap*

The teacher raps the wooden meter stick against the chalkboard. The principal grins and leaves the room.

"Pointing fingers is nice, but you never came to a decision. I hope you all get the information you so well desire during the break between Period 1 and Period 2, because you sure didn't get anything accomplished this Period."

The bell rings, and all of the students shuffle out into the hallway, melding in with the crowd of students that empties out to the lockers.

Day 1 is over! Nobody was lynched!

Night 1 begins now! Please send me your night actions (if applicable), Night 1 will end Tuesday, September 9, Noon EST unless all actions are turned in earlier.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's night between periods? Where's my watch, what's the time?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Seats begin to fill while everyone shuffles into second period class. Mrs. Cantreadgood, your Physics instructor, is talking with the Teacher's Pet, desperately trying to learn Pythagorean's Theorem before class starts so she can even begin to understand what the hell she is about to teach.

"So what is Sochatoah?" she asks again.

"Well, you see Miss Cantreadgood, when I was visiting you in your office, you once taught me that sine is equal to GAGRRRRLAAGGHHH--"

The Teacher's Pet falls onto the ground and begins to seize like a freak. Grasping at his chest, he screams to the rest of the class, "HELP ME! FOR GODS SAKE, WHAT IS GOING ON?!"

Suddenly, the Teacher's Pet's chest cavity breaks open. Ripping through the remains of the Pet's organs and bone is an alien face-hugger, which quickly makes a mad dash towards the rest of the class.

"BACHOOM"

A ridiculously loud bang precedes the explosion of the face-hugger, and the class notices the Principal holding a smoking shotgun.

"Well, one student is dead. Way to go, class. Maybe you can decide on a real plan of action next time."

Scav (The Teacher's Pet), the town traitor, has died during the night.

Day 2 begins!
With 13 alive, it still takes a majority of 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for Sunday, September 21st, Noon EST.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
No, Scav. =[

*looks up role*

YAY, good riddance. =D

Although it's too bad one of the most active and IMO smartest posters is gone. Also, I might wanna tone down my own activity or I'm up next. :x

Matt

I knew something was funny about Scav! Funny, kind of like this:

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.

Okay, I believe this means that Scav's list is honest, but honest in a way that serves his ends. The list of folks to keep around is meant to draw attention to the stronger players so that the mafia has an easy reference of people it needs to off. And yet, we still don't know if, as a traitor, Scav had any contact with the mafia. I'm sure we can rule out the possibility, however, CONSIDERING THEY KILLED HIM. Hmm.

I don't think this murder points us any closer to who might be mafia, but I'd like to hear what you all think!

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
First order of business: hahahaha @ Matt's joke. Best one yet!

Second order of business:

Now that Scav has been outed, we should consider a few possibilities.
1) Scav was in contact with the mafia. In this case, it might help to look for Scav sympathizers. It would be odd, however, for mafia to kill someone on their side, if they knew what his role was. It could be to confuse town, but it still wouldn't make sense to kill him so early.

2) Scav was not in contact with mafia (and mafia did not know his identity/role). In this case, it would make sense to think about why he basically painted himself as a target; in other words, why he made a list and continually accused a number of members of being suspicious.

3) Win conditions for his role. What was his goal? Does he win if mafia wins/town loses, even if he's dead? Does he win if town loses and he stays alive? In conjunction with the above 2 considerations, this could possibly explain the mafia's choice to kill him.

I'm not all that familiar with roles/win conditions, so maybe I'm off with all this. It's just what came to my mind after seeing Scav's death and role.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have a feeling that Matt might be the town fool,

he hasn't made a post without a joke yet, or maybe their might have been one. A role restriction perhaps?

Like the class clown.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Aw man, I've got Scav guts all over my school books.

*Gets hall pass to go clean em*

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't think the mafia killed Scav. If anything, I think someone roleswapped, or something similar.

Top Bottom