• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High School Mafia: A BRoom Game moved to DGames

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As everyone here can see, this was a BRoom game that was completed over a year ago. I pruned it for personal information and then moved it to DGames so that you could all read the game for yourself. I also made the first post spoiler free if you want to try to read along and guess who is the Mafia.

There are a few more like this one that I will move to DGames over the course of the next week.

RULES
Welcome to Smash World Forum's newest iteration of the great forum game, Mafia! This game is made for BRoomers only, so it will be more fun and the rules will be a bit more lax. =)

The following three links are the normal reading for newcomers, so that you can understand what to expect.

Flash Tutorial: http://www.sitesled.com/members/mike...afiascum04.swf
Newbie Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Newbie_Guide
Basic Role Guide: http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl/Roles

The Rules:
1.) All votes and unvotes must be bolded.

2.) Absolutely no editing of your posts. If you need to say something or forgot to say something, simply double post.

3.) Unless you are mafia, or your role specifically states that you may do so, there is no outside communication about this game allowed.

4.) A lynch occurs when a majority of the players able to vote, vote for a single player. At that time, the person is lynched and any vote changes after that will not be counted. The game then moves into the twilight period, during which players may still post, except the person who was just lynched. Until I post the lynch scene the game is in twilight. After I post the lynch scene the game moves on to night and NO POSTING IS ALLOWED! If you have a question please PM me. Don't post. There is no need to. Even the person who just died needs to wait until the next morning to post their "Bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post (which for those of you who don't know may not contain any info relating to the game). Only after I post stating the new day has begun, can players begin to post again. If you have died, you are only allowed a "bah humbug, go town/mafia!" post, and maybe a bit of insulting and "i told you so," because this is the broom.

5.) I reserve the right to place deadlines on lynches, night role choices, etc. I will extend, shorten or lift these deadlines as I see fit. All deadlines will be placed in an effort to speed up the game should it become lethargic. If not specifically stated otherwise, when a deadline is reached, a plurality will be considered a majority and the one with the most votes will be lynched.

Win Conditions for the Mafia: If you are mafia aligned, you win when your numbers equal the numbers of every other faction combined.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sign-Ups!
1. Crimson King
2. Eor
3. AltF4
4. Mediocre
5. Scav
6. Xsyven
7. Marc
8. Matt
9. tmw_redcell
10. Yeroc
11. Mic_128
12. GoldShadow
13. KevinM
14. omegawhitemage

GAME RESULTS:
Survived until Endgame:
1. Crimson King
3. AltF4
9. Matunas replaced <3 (replaced tmw_redcell)
10. Yeroc
13. Marshigio replaced KevinM

Dead:
X. Scav (Teacher's Pet,town traitor, died night 1)
X. Virgilijus replaced omegawhitemage (Gossiper, pro-town reporter, died night 2)
X. Mic_128 (Youngster, vanilla townie, lynched day 3)
X. Matt (Class Clown, vanilla townie, died night 3)
X. Marc (Party Animal, vanilla townie, lynched day 4)
X. Goldshadow (Outcast, independent survivor, killed night 4)
X. Mediocre (Stoner, mafia role-blocker, lynched day 5)
X. Eor (Slut, vanilla townie, died night 5)
X. Xsyven (Tomboy, mafia goon, lynched day 6)

Replacements:
1. <3

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
BRoom only sounds fun! People actually check back in here. Count me in, betch.

Matt

Banned via Administration
I'd like to play! And yeah, I'm familiar with Werewolf, if it's anything like that. They played it at the Games store I used to frequent, and it looked like a lot of fun.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
okay =) i made a list of signups. Ill wait til we have 11 max before I start the game, because the best games are the shorter ones with less people.

altf4, redcell, should i sign you guys up or no?

rules will be posted in first post shortly, but --->

also, im toying with the idea of making each Day phase exactly 10 real life days long to keep the game going at a steady and fun rate. do you guys want that or not?

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
When we played on a forum, a day was a day. This worked really well when most people were active. On IRC, a day was like 10 minutes.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
For those who played my game, it died down because of the massive amounts of people. I had so many to try and get the broom involved in mafia games, but then it collapsed and failed. Only snagged around 2-3 of you. This game won't have half of the amount of people I did, so the problem won't arise again

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Yes I'm in.

Also the strict time limit thing might work better than having activity die down, then a deadline, then people rush to end up not lynching anyone anyways.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I missed this! :( :(
maybe not! im not sure if redcell signed up or if he just wanted to explain it to altyf4 so i put him on the list but idk if he wants to play!

and i certainly can fit you in, kevvey emmey =)

ill leave sign ups open for another 30 hours or so, ive already started writing the roles and balancing the game for max fun and still a balanced game you know?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want in now that I'm considerably more outspoken then during the previous game and now that I've played more. I guess add me as a replacement if you have to.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Welcome to Back Room High School, known to its students as Broomer High.

The bell rings as all of the students shuffle into the classroom for 1st Period. Looking around, you see familiar faces! Hello, other Broomers! Did you have a nice weekend? Blah blah blah, chitter chatter... shhh! The principal is coming!

"Hello, students. As you may or may not know, Back Room High School has gathered a bit of a bad reputation around town. The administration has decided to take action to get rid of this 'teen-aged drama' vibe, so that you will all take your high school careers more seriously.

"Therefore, the faculty has recruited more than one of you students for a strike team, to fight back against your little drama culture... literally fight back. They will kill one of you in between each class period unless you get your act together and figure out who is in the strike team. During each class, you may vote for someone you think is on the team. Once a majority has been reached, that one student will be dealt with by the teacher.

It is currently Period 1, and there are 14 students left. It takes a vote of 7 to lynch a child. Thank you."

Day 1 Begins! A lynch takes 7/14.

A deadline has been set for Noon EST, Sunday, September 7th. If a lynch majority is not reached by then, a plurality will be considered a majority and the student with the most votes will be lynched. A 'no lynch' will occur if the majority has voted specifically for 'no one' or 'no lynch'.

Please remember that you may not talk about this game outside of this thread unless you are mafia (you can talk to mafiats) or your role specifically states someone you can talk to. =)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Seriously, we have the privacy and awesomeness of the BRoom, and you go with a high school theme?

WHERE'S MAH BASKETBALL?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
HI, guys! I think we should lynch Xsyven because he's not as fab-u-lous as mmmmeeeeee!!!

In all seriousness, I believe Xsyven should be lynched. He stared at me on the stage at the last play: "Guys and Dolls." Then afterwards, said he wanted to make me his R Kelly. Either, he wants me, or he is trying to kill me...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What are you talking about? I'm a girl. Plus, I've been swamped with basketball for the past two years!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
You can't spell "Basketballs" without "balls." I think that pretty much disproves anything you have to say. Well, at least, I know you don't want to kill me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ah lawdy he switched his post, now the vote isn't as funny
Unvote: Crimson King

Vote: Mediocre

No to Rodney King

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
if you are going to edit someones post make sure its not anything important =) thats all

Matt

Hey guys, I have a funny joke for y'all!

What do you call a fish with no eyes?

Oh, wait.. this only works out loud. Well, pretend I'm saying "eyes" like "I's" but also pretend that you hear it like "eyes!" Okay, got it? Good.

Okay.

What do you call a fish with no I's?

A FSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hahaha.. ha...

Guys?

Matt

Oh man this is just like High School all over again, everyone wanting me dead even me. =( =( =(

Vote: Matt

Top Bottom