• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
Care to elaborate? Granted, we didn't play that many games, so I could afford look over your playstyle again, just remember we generally don't use equipment or items.
I feel like I have improved. Mostly low-B tier. Opana is a good friend of mine and I've beaten him in Ganon matches quite a few times, he wins mostly, but I put up a good fight.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I feel like I have improved. Mostly low-B tier. Opana is a good friend of mine and I've beaten him in Ganon matches quite a few times, he wins mostly, but I put up a good fight.
Well, then. I'd like to have the opportunity to see where you are at, myself.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Justice has gotten better although I don't recall dropping a match last time we played. Regardless, he has improvd, I feel like he has more confidence in his actions and can commit to them. I think you should try and improve your edge guarding as from what I recall you rarely chased me. If you don't feel comfortable offstage then at least experiment with Nair, it's pretty damn safe and can net you some gimps. I noticed you usually turned to dair, which is pretty difficult to land especially if you haven't familiarized yourself offstage. You had some pretty good chain chokes going which can be extremely helpful; I recommend chain choking more when you have a hard time getting your hands on the opponent(Like in our matches) so you doing that was a good call. We'd need to play some more as I can't recall the entirety of our matches, but you've improved from what I can remember, although by how much I'm unsure.

I'd love a chance to fight Koskinator, I know he was a great Ganon back in brawl and I've been trying to fight all the greats and learn from them. I'd still like to play Z1GMA again too as I feel we've both improved since we played so long ago.

Sorry I haven't been on, I can read the board from mobile but can't respond unless I get a chance to hop on the Wii U. I don't have a PC running atm.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I'd like that, maybe next weekend? I'm EST

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
C Tier? Not bad. Now to work my way up!!! Prepare to defend your thrones, gentlemen!

Also, would like to add my tourney result of 6th overall in a 30-man wii u tourney.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@ Z1GMA Z1GMA ,it is clear you are above me. For awhile you were beating me down over and over, then I realized I wasn't being aggressive enough and did much better. I can't believe I was getting hit by so many smashes and even Warlock Punches. I remember you said you throw it out when you think you'll go unpunished and for the majority of the time you weren't. Can't believe some of those Ganoncides too, you caught me when I was fast falling fair and did that wizkick to ganoncide Kalm does. Towards the end they were pretty crazy matches, I have a hard to constantly being offensive but I do think it produces the best results for me. Also, as you can see I'm not too familiar with customs still lol, I don't mind if you leave them on next time though.

Anyway, GGs! Lots of fun and was a valuable learning experience.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
@ Z1GMA Z1GMA ,it is clear you are above me. For awhile you were beating me down over and over, then I realized I wasn't being aggressive enough and did much better. I can't believe I was getting hit by so many smashes and even Warlock Punches. I remember you said you throw it out when you think you'll go unpunished and for the majority of the time you weren't. Can't believe some of those Ganoncides too, you caught me when I was fast falling fair and did that wizkick to ganoncide Kalm does. Towards the end they were pretty crazy matches, I have a hard to constantly being offensive but I do think it produces the best results for me. Also, as you can see I'm not too familiar with customs still lol, I don't mind if you leave them on next time though.

Anyway, GGs! Lots of fun and was a valuable learning experience.
Thank you, sir. Your Stomp Chains, tho - good stuff, Opana.
Definitely gotta look more into those.
You're really strong when you've got momentum, but I think you should work a bit on your neutral game.

btw, did you see what happened in one of the later games? I Aerudo'd you through the middle of the top platform on BF. Any idea how that happened?

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
This will sound very newbish but what exactly is neutral? I mean I read up on lots of stuff but don't know specifically what the neutral is. Anyway, yes I try to keep the pressure because I have such a hard time getting in on skilled players.

@Swoops also uses dair really effectively if you're interested in playing him.

I've had that happen to me before using aerudo, posted about it but nothing came of it, likely because I can't provide video proof atm. Anyway, I believe if they press down to go through it before aerudo connects, even if you land on the platform they go through it while you stay on it assuming I'm right. I think it could have some use but it'd be pretty situational given the seemingly strict conditions. I think it's more useful for following up from it as you don't need to worry about shield.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Neutral is when neither player has a distinct advantage over the other. Being in the air, on the ledge, offstage, or on a platform with someone below you are usually considered disadvantaged states, with the advantage being on the giving end of those.

Also, I know a few things can do weird stuff with Aerudo. I think that if anything else is affecting Ganon's velocity, the vertical velocity gets "out prioritized". I know windboxes cause him to go straight down.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
That's what I thought, thank you. So that'd mean work on putting myself into more advantageous positions while avoiding disadvantageous ones?

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Thank you, sir. Your Stomp Chains, tho - good stuff, Opana.
Definitely gotta look more into those.
You're really strong when you've got momentum, but I think you should work a bit on your neutral game.

btw, did you see what happened in one of the later games? I Aerudo'd you through the middle of the top platform on BF. Any idea how that happened?
Seen that before. Apparently if you aerudo from the mid platform to the top it pops the victim below. Not a very advantageous position though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Neutral is when neither player has a distinct advantage over the other. Being in the air, on the ledge, offstage, or on a platform with someone below you are usually considered disadvantaged states, with the advantage being on the giving end of those.
@ Opana Opana

The neutral is when both players are in an even field from one another trying to play to gain stage control, same characters excel better in neutral (Captain Falcon is an example), this is due to many factors.

Here's a video explaining it in detail;

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Anyway, yes I try to keep the pressure because I have such a hard time getting in on skilled players.
That's pretty much all neutral is. A good neutral game, as I see it, is tantamount to not needlessly overextending, being patient and knowing the optimal responses for particular movement options, e.g. knowing how to push people into bad positions without actually hitting them, not throwing out a whole lot of punishable moves for spacing, etc.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Good games Kosk. You're extremely good with tipman and usmash, and you're a very defensive Ganon so to speak!

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I'm only on 3-ds for the time being until May (and prefer not to play tonight because work) tomorrow?
Until there's a gamecube controller adapter for the 3DS, I think it would do more harm than good for me to practice on that, haha. I haven't actually touched it since the WiiU version came out.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Until there's a gamecube controller adapter for the 3DS, I think it would do more harm than good for me to practice on that, haha. I haven't actually touched it since the WiiU version came out.
Smart. I only play there because Wii U is on the other side of the country.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Good stuff guys, thanks for the explanation. Looking back at my matches with z1g I see I was too reckless and willing to go into disadvantageous positions.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
You know, I was playing some FG and it was even more laggy than usual probably because of maintenance work so I guess playing before the patch is not a good idea.

I will be back though.
Sure thing, Terminator, Jr.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Opana Opana and @ Z1GMA Z1GMA you should challenge Papaya. I need more impressions to confirm it, but I think he's similar in skill level to you guys overall. He's gotten noticeably better since the last time I played him, and I'm thinking he's generally talented enough that he could be argued A tier. At the very least, I think he's clearly better than me, even though I'm able to take games off him, he wins more often, and usually more convincingly.

He plays Ganon quite aggressively, in contrast to my defensive playstyle. I think Opana you might find some similarities in how he plays compared to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom