• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I wish my fellow Dark Lords good luck in their quest for glory. It seems like everyone here plays on the Wii U to prove themselves and I only possess the 3DS. I think I only played Verm and Adom and they beat me soundly so yeah. Only thing I have are some FG replays against decent to good players but I can't record them and I don't want to bother anyone.

It doesn't matter if you are the best or the worst Ganon though as long as you murder gloriously you are a King of Evil.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Even though my tournament was on the Wii-U and I don't have a 3ds, I am always up for placing more people. I am guessing perhaps the range of lower C tier suits you? I know you have been around for a while as a Ganon enthusiast.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ Opana Opana

You're good, the main mistake you make is that having an aggressive playstyle (as @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG was mentioning) requires you to always have an aggressive mindset. You went from aggressive to defensive very quick in some situations - these things can make Ganon very vulnerable.

What was wrong with the lag at the end by the way?

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah I sometimes just kinda go super defensive to go over the situation so I can go in super aggressive after I have a better understanding. Really GGs, been waiting to play you for such a long time and I knew you'd pull off some awesome stuff. I am proud of myself in some ways, yet a bit ashamed. I could sometimes get a really good swing of momentum going and other times I sd like a fool. Sorry about the lag in the beginning, friend wanted to watch, but idk what happened at the end.

Anything else I should work on? Also, would you say my spot on the list is pretty accurate?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Yeah it took a while getting use too. Your use of the range of bair was pretty spot on, made it look like a backhand dagger.

I would say you and @ adom4 adom4 are better than @ Z1GMA Z1GMA , but all 3 of you along with Potetchi should be in A-tier.

Potetchi
Adom4
Opana
Z1GMA

That's my opinion.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Potetchi beats me for sure, and me and Adom are pretty even but he's much better with customs so I'd give it to him too. I haven't fought z1g in awhile, I'm trying though lol.

I started using Bair more lately after trying to frame cancel aerials. I realized shff bair cancelled or not isn't too bad as far as lg is concerned, and if it hits Pikachu then that settles it lol.

Thanks for the input, I'll try and commit myself more when playing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Very interesting analysis @ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm . Also, @ adom4 adom4 is planning on playing Papaya, who has stated he believes he is at least on Potechi's level if not better if I recall.

I don't think I'm A tier right now, but we haven't played in a while Ray_Kalm, and I would like to hear your advice on things that I could improve at sometime.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Whenever we get the chance I'll gladly give my input.

I should be playing Papaya this weekend too, he'll be recording and streaming, so, that'll be interesting.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah it took a while getting use too. Your use of the range of bair was pretty spot on, made it look like a backhand dagger.

I would say you and @ adom4 adom4 are better than @ Z1GMA Z1GMA , but all 3 of you along with Potetchi should be in A-tier.

Potetchi
Adom4
Opana
Z1GMA

That's my opinion.
I pretty much never play in "heavier" delay, Kalm, so I don't think it's a good idea to judge off of that..
Even though it's better than Brawl, it still cripples me.

While you master offline, perfect online, and delayed online -- I only master the two first.

Also, unless this is solely a Ganon Ditto Power Ranking List, Ganon Dittos alone doesn't say too much about Ganon-mastery.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I pretty much never play in "heavier" delay, Kalm, so I don't think it's a good idea to judge off of that..

While you master offline, perfect online, and delayed online -- I only master the two first.

Also, unless this is solely a Ganon Ditto Power Ranking List, Ganon Dittos alone doesn't say too much about Ganon-mastery.
No worries Zigio.

I think players as such as Opana and Hi Hatz have a decent understanding of Ganon and have attended a few tournaments and shown placings - tournament attendance should be one of the first things considered in rankings like these.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427

I'm trying to not make this strictly about the Ganon ditto, but rather more about how we assess overall skill level.

I think there are in fact several Ganon players who for instance play the ditto better than Pon, but he has demonstrated that his knowledge of the game in many places is astoundingly good, hence why many agree he's one of the best Ganon players. Gungnir once told me he actually thought Pon was the best Ganon.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Just got first with Ganon in a tournament today. Managed to 3-0 the same Diddy twice in winners and grand. Didn't drop a single set, lost just one single game to a Sheik; she (he?) is scary with her combos.

Ganon has a lot of untapped potential, he's a decent character. If this game was Brawl I wouldn't stand a chance using a character like Ganon, Samus, Zelda, or Link. The tier gap in this game is small. There should be only a few tiers, S-D.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Just got first with Ganon in a tournament today. Managed to 3-0 the same Diddy twice in winners and grand. Didn't drop a single set, lost just one single game to a Sheik; she (he?) is scary with her combos.

Ganon has a lot of untapped potential, he's a decent character. If this game was Brawl I wouldn't stand a chance using a character like Ganon, Samus, Zelda, or Link. The tier gap in this game is small. There should be only a few tiers, S-D.
Just out of curiosity, did you use customs in any matches? Wizards dropkick sounds good against Sheik on paper, but I'm not sure how well it would work in an actual match.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Just out of curiosity, did you use customs in any matches? Wizards dropkick sounds good against Sheik on paper, but I'm not sure how well it would work in an actual match.
Neutrals only. Yeah, WDK would be good against characters like her and Rosalina. Maybe Sonic too.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386

We're proud of you, Kalm. Who'd you beat?

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
WDK is totally devastating Vs Olimar. It's like a completely new MU.
Not just that, Dark fists can hit olimar out of a choke, it pretty much forces him to tech roll every single choke above 60%.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Not just that, Dark fists can hit olimar out of a choke, it pretty much forces him to tech roll every single choke above 60%.
Ye, I mentioned that in the competitive thread a couple months ago, and it truly is devastating. Also, Olimar can DI the first hit of DF to mess with you - if he does, Ganon can steer/follow him and still connect the 2nd hit.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Dropkick vs Sheik is interesting, because on one hand it does help you recover and actually force Sheik to have to kill you outright, which is of course a great help, but it hurts to lose the threat of aerial Wizkick, which feels like the easiest way to get kills on Sheik. I suppose Dropkick could help against needles, as Sheik can't SH them without giving up the horizontal trajectory. It's kind of a tough tradeoff either way. Dark Fists definitely helps as far as customs go, as the armor comes out frame 5 and you can kill her really fast if she overextends herself on her Fair strings or edgeguards.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG GGs, my Ganondorf is a bit rusty since I picked up Game and Watch. I was kinda hoping for GnW mirrors lol, I know you use him and thought it'd be a good experience. Either way though great Doc, those up bs out of my jabs were smart.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG GGs, my Ganondorf is a bit rusty since I picked up Game and Watch. I was kinda hoping for GnW mirrors lol, I know you use him and thought it'd be a good experience. Either way though great Doc, those up bs out of my jabs were smart.
Eh my G&W is nowhere nearly as good as my Doc. Though I think you probably don't know the Link matchup as well as vs Doc from what I've observed. I feel like sometimes while you're good at exerting dominance in midrange and capitalizing off hits, some of your aggressive playstyle puts you in bad positions vs someone like Link, while that playstyle does work better against Doc and Mario.

My Link isn't real secondary status yet but I felt I could punish a lot of your mistakes better as Link overall.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
You know, I fought a dedicated Link main and did better vs. him lol. He was super aggressive but didn't use projectiles much. The biggest things that through me off were you jabbing out of my jabs as GnW and your own jabs to dsmash. I messed up a lot as dorf like somehow using Dark Dive or screwing up my reads. I know the Link MU better than Doc, or I thought so anyway lol. I rely too much on his jabs I think, but yeah I need to be cautious because I'm not used to be so light.

GGs though would like to play more after I train up.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Dropkick vs Sheik is interesting, because on one hand it does help you recover and actually force Sheik to have to kill you outright, which is of course a great help, but it hurts to lose the threat of aerial Wizkick, which feels like the easiest way to get kills on Sheik. I suppose Dropkick could help against needles, as Sheik can't SH them without giving up the horizontal trajectory. It's kind of a tough tradeoff either way. Dark Fists definitely helps as far as customs go, as the armor comes out frame 5 and you can kill her really fast if she overextends herself on her Fair strings or edgeguards.
I feel like whatever kill power you lose from not having Wizkick, you gain back in spades with Dark Fists. Having both of those makes the Sheik matchup far less lopsided, since Sheik can't just go for easy fair gimps every single time.

Honestly, not many Sheiks ever fall for early Wizkick kills anymore. Good Sheiks respect it too much and are secretly trying to bait it out so they can Fsmash punish. Dark Fists, though, makes her afraid to use her bread and butters, because one overextend and she dies at 40 off the top. Sheik has trouble killing outside of gimps, and with Dropkick, gimp attempts are much, much easier to deal with.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961

Neutrals only.
Go Ray! Please tell me they had streaming equipment and they got you on video!

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
While it's been a while since I've used 3ds controls, I can try it. Sometime tomorrow? I do have work from 2:30-5:45 central time, though. Customs on or off?

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I'm free most of the evening, so that works out fine for me. Though, you don't absolutely have to play me if you're not comfortable with the 3DS controls.

But if you decide to, we can go ahead and use customs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'll take your word @ Vermanubis Vermanubis and put @ Blobface Blobface in the B-tier. Judging by what he knows of the game, I don't doubt he knows what he's doing.

Last edited:

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
I'd like to be in it too. I already played with Blobface and A2ZOMG and I'm always open for more dittos. You might have to create a F tier forme only though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd like to be in it too. I already played with Blobface and A2ZOMG and I'm always open for more dittos. You might have to create a F tier forme only though.
Perhaps you would take interest in playing @WILEY or @Scraptor ? They have played me like you have. I'd be interested to see what you would be able to learn from each other.

Kyogokudo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
yoshiboo62
3DS FC
0301-9917-1099
Perhaps you would take interest in playing @WILEY or @Scraptor ? They have played me like you have. I'd be interested to see what you would be able to learn from each other.
Sure I'm interested. The problem is, as always dealing with timezones (me being UTC +1 with summer time)

Top Bottom