• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hierarchies of Power: The Ganon Community Tier List! (Updated October 8th 2017)

Favorite/Best SSB4 Ganon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
That's easy;

@ Swoops Swoops
Lol, surprised I missed this. I actually kept this name specifically because it was fun for everyone to say.

By the way, I'll probably be online for a bit later this afternoon, around 5pm PST. NNID: SwoopsTii

Don't hate me if I'm rusty, I haven't been playing much dorf :(

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lol, surprised I missed this. I actually kept this name specifically because it was fun for everyone to say.

By the way, I'll probably be online for a bit later this afternoon, around 5pm PST. NNID: SwoopsTii

Don't hate me if I'm rusty, I haven't been playing much dorf :(
I'm online now, if you're reading this.

EDIT: From what I've seen, I would now pretty confidently put Opana in the A tier. He definitely is a very strong Ganon player and he's only managed to become more scary over time. He has a very good eye for turning around edgeguards and knows how to mix up his offense really well.

And those were some excellent games Swoops! I can still see your skill in spacing that D-air. Brought back memories from when I played you in Brawl. Judging from what I've observed of other Ganon mains, I do still think my edgeguards overall are one of my stronger points compared to most other players, though I think you play neutral and techchase really well, a lot better than I do overall. Sometimes I feel both of us need to work on maximizing some of our followups for pressure situations.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
GGs @ Swoops Swoops and @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG

Those were really fun, Swoops used those Dairs really well and A2 just came in with these on the spot gimps, good stuff. Also, fantastic Charizard Swoops, definitely the best I've played by far.

I'd have used customs with you guys but I don't feel confident in not relying on WDK too much and not sding with Dark Fists.

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
GGS guys! I have a lot to work on with my Dorf in this game. I feel like a lot has changed, and in particular a lot has changed with the Ganon mirror match. I'm still trying to comprehend getting stabbed from across the stage lol.

I saw a lot of good spacing/timing tricks with A2, with good lead ins for BAir and NAir. NAir with proper timing on the first hit seemed hard to punish, but maybe I was just missing it. Opana has some seriously dirty tricks, and a lot of knowledge in general on follow ups. Tech chasing at the edge with aerial choke and dragging me off stage was awesome, if not incredibly frustrating lol.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm I still want to get in more games with you sometime. Your playstyle still makes me laugh at how borderline insane it gets. However your skill is becoming of a top tier Ganon, no doubt. Your punishes are extremely consistent.

Last edited:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm I still want to get in more games with you sometime. Your playstyle still makes me laugh at how borderline insane it gets.
Sure. And yeah, I got the same comments from Gungnir and Pon.

As they put it, I guess "I'm very skillfull with attack".

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
@ Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm I still want to get in more games with you sometime. Your playstyle still makes me laugh at how borderline insane it gets. However your skill is becoming of a top tier Ganon, no doubt. Your punishes are extremely consistent.
The dude ****ing Ganoncided me after a wizkick cancel earlier, he goes for the most ridiculous punishes i swear.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The dude ****ing Ganoncided me after a wizkick cancel earlier, he goes for the most ridiculous punishes i swear.
I swear he hits like a thunderstorm. You might see the blinding destruction coming, but you can never predict when it will hit you.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I swear he hits like a thunderstorm. You might see the blinding destruction coming, but you can never predict when it will hit you.
Speaking of thunderstorms i wouldn't mind if a certain thunderstorm would come back in a certain patch :ganondorf:.
Also i'm really sad about my connection with most of you guys here but the distance takes its toll i guess :/.
I'm in the process of getting it upgraded though so hopefully it'll get better soon.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Speaking of thunderstorms i wouldn't mind if a certain thunderstorm would come back in a certain patch :ganondorf:.
Also i'm really sad about my connection with most of you guys here but the distance takes its toll i guess :/.
I'm in the process of getting it upgraded though so hopefully it'll get better soon.
Unfortunately, having Thunderstorm in this game would make Ganondorf Ganonborked. He'd probably have legit 0-deaths due to guaranteed footstools. With that said, it'd be fun to have everyone equip the default agility and brawn badges and have the "Thunderstorm Memorial Tournament".

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Unfortunately, having Thunderstorm in this game would make Ganondorf Ganonborked. He'd probably have legit 0-deaths due to guaranteed footstools. With that said, it'd be fun to have everyone equip the default agility and brawn badges and have the "Thunderstorm Memorial Tournament".
inb4 nintendo patches to make Ganondorf able to Thunderstorm.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
I admit, the idea of Ganondorf being SSS tier and only a few characters having a chance against him is very appealing.
Indeed. His offense would be off the charts.

I don't think this would help his defensive standing that much though, except that it could assist him from less punishment upon landing.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Indeed. His offense would be off the charts.

I don't think this would help his defensive standing that much though, except that it could assist him from less punishment upon landing.
Thunderdorf would basically have even matchups against his current hard counters customs off. Everyone else would be stuck in a hopeless battle where nothing you do matters since Thunderdorf kills you with the slightest touch. And customs on... Ganon would basically be the only character that mattered.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Thunderdorf would basically have even matchups against his current hard counters customs off. Everyone else would be stuck in a hopeless battle where nothing you do matters since Thunderdorf kills you with the slightest touch. And customs on... Ganon would basically be the only character that mattered.
nintendo pls do it. Allow our lord to control the power of thunder again.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I wanna be ranked (even if it's bad, just so I could improve)

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Didn't know I was in A rank now, that was my goal so that feels nice. My next goal is to make a special mention lol.

I took a week off from Ganondorf and I also seemed to do better with, again, Ray's advice. Ray, Verm, Z1, and A2 have all helped a lot wirh advice and experience.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I wanna be ranked (even if it's bad, just so I could improve)
I'll add you as well. I personally think my playstyle is good to learn from if you're trying to get the basics down. I'm not super mechanically intensive, and overall I play really defensively. I think it's easy to figure out from playing me what things are unsafe, however you'll also learn good habits for managing your recovery when you witness my accurate edgeguards.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I'll add you as well. I personally think my playstyle is good to learn from if you're trying to get the basics down. I'm not super mechanically intensive, and overall I play really defensively. I think it's easy to figure out from playing me what things are unsafe, however you'll also learn good habits for managing your recovery when you witness my accurate edgeguards.
Then I'd like to play you to learn what I can and get some pointers. Plus having my playstyle seen you can decide what needs work. I can't wait for replay sharing so I can show my stuff since I have no capture card. Maybe I can record to my phone or tablet and post that on youtube though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ jmanup85 jmanup85 and @ Scarlet Jile Scarlet Jile and @ -VictoriaJustice- -VictoriaJustice- I think you are relatively close in skill last time I observed you. Mechanically I think you are comfortable with Ganon and primarily are looking to improve with knowledge and experience.

Hopefully, that gives you an idea of what I believe the C-tier ideally represents.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
After the beating I got from you @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I honestly don't feel very C tier. But that just means I have alot of work to do and get some edgeguard tech down and things like that. I need to learn the Ganon ditto and I basically need to start playing even more people to pick up what I can. But most importantly I need to work on my inputs.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
After the beating I got from you @ A2ZOMG A2ZOMG I honestly don't feel very C tier. But that just means I have alot of work to do and get some edgeguard tech down and things like that. I need to learn the Ganon ditto and I basically need to start playing even more people to pick up what I can. But most importantly I need to work on my inputs.
Don't feel bad, that's why there's separate tiers. I wouldn't expect to lose very often against C-tier and lower (Funny enough, I actually dropped one game against @Kyogokudo after being pretty silly on some counterpick stages). Again, I think you have most of the fundamental basics down, and you do pretty well watching what your opponent does in neutral even if some of your responses could be refined. You definitely had some decently impressive moments as well.

Among Ganon players though, I would argue my personal knowledge playing against Ganon is considerably above average. Even Pon as I recall told me he found my knowledge of the mirror matchup impressive...though that of course pales to what Gungnir is capable of. Gungnir is literally the one Ganon player I'm outright afraid to edgeguard. I still have nightmares about the number of times he's baited me offstage to suicide kill me with basically every aerial attack you can think of. That of course says little about his extremely dominant and precise neutral game. His knowledge of situations he can grab you out of things is just astounding.

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
@ jmanup85 jmanup85 and @ Scarlet Jile Scarlet Jile and @ -VictoriaJustice- -VictoriaJustice- I think you are relatively close in skill last time I observed you. Mechanically I think you are comfortable with Ganon and primarily are looking to improve with knowledge and experience.

Hopefully, that gives you an idea of what I believe the C-tier ideally represents.
I honestly don't feel C-tier anymore.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I feel like I've been improving little by little, but I'm sure everyone else has been as well. I need to play more competitive people regularly. When I play someone good, I improve by leaps and bounds almost immediately, then I tend to stagnate on For Glory for a long time.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@ Koskinator Koskinator ! We have a lot of catching up to do! There's old and new faces who have emerged since the sequel to Ganondorf is the Best Character Ever tournament.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Just popping in to say I will be eternally C-Tier but maybe I'll move on up! I'll keep brushing up my Ganon from time to time, he's really fun when you get your opponent on the ropes with him!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
@ Koskinator Koskinator , you son of a.... Good to see you. Please don't drop in just to say hi, and then disappear again.
Have you been playing much Ganon in sm4sh?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
On the subject of @ Koskinator Koskinator , I would say a lot of his skill has smoothly transitioned. He's really smart about his edgeguards and baits. Not totally sure how to rank him yet, though conservatively, I would say he's slightly better than me. Top of B tier possibly. I think you @ Z1GMA Z1GMA and @ Opana Opana are currently clearly better players mostly because you two know more, while Kosk is a bit behind on tech and knowledge due to his absence.

I feel like I've probably improved a lot as a player since Brawl, as I feel like back then, players like Koskinator and Swoops were a lot further ahead of me in skill level.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I think it's crazy that I'm even at C Tier with Ganon.

I figure my big feedback to myself about playing Ganon is to understand neutral more, well, not understand, but EXECUTE my understanding of it better, i.e. patience and such. Being rusty doesn't help, haha.

Like I think the best thing I do as Ganon is when I do get the hit I, from my memory, capitalize well enough, it's just my neutral needs work. I'll keep it in mind when I practice and such, baby steps I guess.

I think I'll come back to regularly playing this character again. I don't know how well he'll compliment my main (Dr.) but I think he'll work.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think it's crazy that I'm even at C Tier with Ganon.

I figure my big feedback to myself about playing Ganon is to understand neutral more, well, not understand, but EXECUTE my understanding of it better, i.e. patience and such. Being rusty doesn't help, haha.

Like I think the best thing I do as Ganon is when I do get the hit I, from my memory, capitalize well enough, it's just my neutral needs work. I'll keep it in mind when I practice and such, baby steps I guess.

I think I'll come back to regularly playing this character again. I don't know how well he'll compliment my main (Dr.) but I think he'll work.
I sometimes get lazy playing neutral as Ganon given I know once I am given an opportunity, I can make it count. Not that it's a good habit.

Sometimes as Ganon though, the best choice in neutral either is waiting a lot, or just throwing out attacks and forcing your opponent to respect them. Ganon's neutral game is in many ways mostly psychological. This is why I believe there is a lot of variety when it comes to playstyles from Ganon users. There's a lot of ways to interpret the goal of making your opponent fear you.

Ganon I'd say is decent for covering ZSS, one of Doc's hardest matchups. It's much easier for Ganondorf to get the KO on ZSS. She's still a threat with her juggles and stage game, but it's less difficult for Ganon to chase her down and cover her Down-B escape.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
On the subject of @ Koskinator Koskinator
I feel like I've probably improved a lot as a player since Brawl
I said it before, and I say it again - do everything you do but at twice the speed, and you'll accomplish great stuff, A2.

Though, it can be kinda tricky to play Ganon fast and still maintence concentration and not beeing too aggressive.
Kalm and Gungnir are good at this.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I said it before, and I say it again - do everything you do but at twice the speed, and you'll accomplish great stuff, A2.

Though, it can be kinda tricky to play Ganon fast and still maintence concentration and not beeing too aggressive.
Kalm and Gungnir are good at this.
I feel like Gungnir actually is ridiculously good at waiting sometimes due to his insane reactions. There's situations where he makes slow, but precise movements work. It's as if for him sometimes, the world is moving slowly, to be manipulated at his leisure. I don't think any other Ganon gets nearly as many grabs as Gungnir. Truly, the world is in his grasp.

I find Ray_Kalm very difficult to emulate due to how he often does things which look really reckless. Out of all the Ganon mains, I feel Ray_Kalm is the most fearless. He never seems to doubt his strange decisions in-game, it all just seems part of his master plan to confuse you.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I agree that A2 has improved vastly, caught me very much off guard how good you have become, much better than the brawl g&w i remember. And lol that was my first time playing a good ganon, funny how my own character is my weakness, once i play the matchup more ill be more consistent. And yes Z1gma ive been playing lots of sm4sh ganon add me we should ditto

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
@ Koskinator Koskinator ! We have a lot of catching up to do! There's old and new faces who have emerged since the sequel to Ganondorf is the Best Character Ever tournament.
We definitely need to start a new one in the next few months. Maybe after the Thunderstorm tournament. I recommend August or September.

Top Bottom