• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Here's the keys - make a crossover fighter with [INSERT IP HERE].

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl:
Kappa MikeyGonardEdgar and EllenVendettaRicky Sprocket
Lil' RobMartin MysteryJavaRock ZillaAgent Xero
Dora and BootsSwiperDiegoBluePablo
Robbie RottenMarshallPhredKid DangerKel Kimble
Rango (DLC)Optimus Prime (DLC)Sonic (DLC)Jean-Luc Picard (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl 2:
Kappa MikeyGuanoVendettaMartin MysteryKaput and Zosky
Lil' RobBlake MeyersRock ZillaDora and BootsDiego
BluePabloSportacusMarshallSkye
David the GnomePhredKid DangerRangoOptimus Prime
Maurecia (DLC)Knuckles (DLC)Shadow (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)Bumblebee (DLC)

As you can see, I mainly went for Nicktoons Network and Nick Jr. as a basis, and went for the same level of outrage as mainline NASB 2.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl:
Kappa MikeyGonardEdgar and EllenVendettaRicky Sprocket
Lil' RobMartin MysteryJavaRock ZillaAgent Xero
Dora and BootsSwiperDiegoBluePablo
Robbie RottenMarshallPhredKid DangerKel Kimble
Rango (DLC)Optimus Prime (DLC)Sonic (DLC)Jean-Luc Picard (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)

Nickelodeon All-Spinoff Brawl 2:
Kappa MikeyGuanoVendettaMartin MysteryKaput and Zosky
Lil' RobBlake MeyersRock ZillaDora and BootsDiego
BluePabloSportacusMarshallSkye
David the GnomePhredKid DangerRangoOptimus Prime
Maurecia (DLC)Knuckles (DLC)Shadow (DLC)Mighty Mouse (DLC)Bumblebee (DLC)

As you can see, I mainly went for Nicktoons Network and Nick Jr. as a basis, and went for the same level of outrage as mainline NASB 2.

>No Inspector Gadget?
>No Muppet Babies?
>No Rocky & Bullwinkle?
>No Warner Brothers content? (They aired Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs)
>No Butt-Ugly Martians?
>No Gumby?
>No Yakkity Yak?

At least it has David the Gnome. Keep the ones i said for a future All-Star Brawl with Nick's acquired programming (And Honey Halfwitch too).

Last edited:

>No Inspector Gadget?
>No Muppet Babies?
>No Rocky & Bullwinkle?
>No Warner Brothers content? (They aired Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons and Animaniacs)
>No Butt-Ugly Martians?
>No Gumby?
>No Yakkity Yak?

At least it has David the Gnome. Keep the ones i said for a future All-Star Brawl with Nick's acquired programming (And Honey Halfwitch too).
I nearly added Yakkity Yak, and the Butt-Ugly Martians were considered. It's just that the Muppets are now owned by Disney, WB already has MultiVersus, and I specifically went against adding stuff from mainline Nickelodeon, as the home network with all the viewers already had plenty of characters to choose from in-house.

When I said "All-Spinoff", I meant Nicktoons Network, Nick Jr. and Noggin, Teennick, Nickelodeon Movies, and general Paramount. As such, third-party shows on Nick or Nick at Nite were off the table as far as I was concerned.

That said, what do you think about the actual rosters? Do you think I was too nice in the transition from 1 to 2?

FazDude

Smash Master
Here's a roster I whipped up for a "Double Smash", being a tag-team fighter. You can mix and match teams, but each preset team has a unique "Dual Final Smash" attached to them.

• I wanted each team's members to stand out on their own and not really feel like one team's members were just clones of each other,so picks like Birdo, Paula, and Louie were left on the table because of that.
  • With the Zelda reps, I wanted each team to represent an "era" of the franchise, with Link/Sidon representing BoTW/ToTK and Zelda/Impa representing OoT. The only semi-exception is Ganondorf and Ghirahim, but I couldn't think of much for Ganondorf, so I decided to give him his Hyrule Warriors look to connect the two somehow.
  • You could make a case for the Baby Metroid as Samus' partner, but I don't think it'd be too compelling (maybe it's the Omega Metroid advocate in me talking), so Anthony it is.
  • Same case for Kraid or Mother Brain as Ridley's partner, but honestly, playing as a more nimble space pirate is a lot more compelling to me personally.
  • Jeff was picken specifically because I thought he'd be the most different playstyle-wise from Ness out of the EarthBound party.
  • I could swap BWD and Meta Knight's placements around.
  • If there's anything on this roster I'm not 100% content with, it's the Pokemon picks. I'd keep the Gen 1 teams, but I couldn't find much I was satisfied with for a third team outside of Lugia and Ho-Oh.
  • Honorable mentions: K. Rool, Toon Link/Tetra, Lucas/Kumatora, Sonic/Tails, and Richter/Alucard.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Liked FazDudes idea of doubles Smash but went another approach with it going game by game

:ultmario::ultlink::ultpikachu::ultkirby::ultfox::ultfalcon:
:ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultjigglypuff:Gooey:ultfalco: (E)Mr. Zero

:ultdk::ultbowser::ultganondorf: (E)Balloon Fighter:ultmarth::ultcharizard::ultness:
:ultdiddy:KamekDark Link (E)Balloon Kid/Alice (E)Navarre (E):ultpichu:(E)Jeff

Cuts
:ultjigglypuff: , Dark Link, :ultmarth: , Navarre, :ultpichu:

Newcomers/Updated doubles
:ultmario: (V):ultyoshi: (V):ultwario::ultganondorf: (V):ultpikachu:(V):ultcharizard:(V):ultmetaknight::ultike::ultsamus::ultgnw:
:ultpeach::ultluigi:AshleyZant:ultlucario:Empoleon:ultkingdedede:MicaiahAdam
Malkovich
:ultrob:
:ultsnake::ultsonic:
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts
:ultsnake: , Meryl

Newcomers/Updated Doubles
:ultvillager:Charlie:ultpit::ultrobin::4mii::ultbowser:(V)Dry Bowser (E):ultpikachu: (V):ultlucario: (V)
:ultisabelle:Louie:ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr:KamekChesnaught:ultmewtwo:

X-DLC-:ultjigglypuff: (V):ultmarth: (V):ultryu::ultcloud:
Zero:ultpichu: (V)TikiChun LiTifa Lockhart

:ultinkling::ultridley:AlucardNavarre (V)Dark Link (V)Dixie Kong (E):ultshulk:
Sheldon:ultdarksamus: (E):ultrichter:Anna (E)Phantom Ganon (E)Funky Kong (E)Dunban

FP1
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:Flame Emperor
LakituVioletSlimeMumbo JumboJoe HigashiDeath Knight

FP2
:ultminmin:ultsteve::ultsephiroth::ultpyra::ultkazuya::ultsora:
Lola PopIron GolemRufus Shinra:ultmythra:Nina WilliamsRiku

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Liked FazDudes idea of doubles Smash but went another approach with it going game by game

:ultdk::ultbowser::ultganondorf: (E)Balloon Fighter:ultmarth::ultcharizard::ultness:

Cuts

:ultmario: (V):ultyoshi: (V):ultwario::ultganondorf: (V):ultpikachu:(V):ultcharizard:(V):ultmetaknight::ultike::ultsamus::ultgnw:
Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

:ultvillager:Charlie:ultpit::ultrobin::4mii::ultbowser:(V)Dry Bowser (E):ultpikachu: (V):ultlucario: (V)
:ultisabelle:Louie:ultpalutena::ultchrom::ultwiifittrainer::ultbowserjr:KamekChesnaught:ultmewtwo:

Sheldon:ultdarksamus: (E):ultrichter:Anna (E)Phantom Ganon (E)Funky Kong (E)Dunban

FP1

FP2
If Pac-Man was there, should he be paired with Ms. Pac-Man or one of the Ghosts?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
If Pac-Man was there, should he be paired with Ms. Pac-Man or one of the Ghosts?
Yikes i cant believe i forgot Pac-man. I probably wouldnt have done either. Ms. Pac-Man would be perfect but know things are legally complicated there & i see the Ghosts as an enemy of Pac-Man & not really a good fit as a doubles ally.

I probably would have done Prof. Pac-Man or Chomp-Chomp depending on what Namco may or may not own.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge

Cuts

Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

FP1

FP2
Honestly, this is a fascinating thing to see explored, especially with how it brings to light some weirder characters here and there who'd be really unlikely to see otherwise. Loving some of these picks too, there's a ton of eclectic ones I wouldn't have expected at all!

I don't know if it's my place to respond to this, but personally - I'd go for Miru from Pac & Pal.

She's in a good position to be a unique character mechanically - after all, she is another ghost - but given she's literally Pac-Man's pal, it feels like it makes more sense for her as opposed to, say, Blinky or the Ghost Gang as a whole. Plus, you could easily represent them through alts and the like, and this kind of keeps Pac-Man's arcade-era focus as seen in the Smash series into focus :)

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Here's a roster I whipped up for a "Double Smash", being a tag-team fighter. You can mix and match teams, but each preset team has a unique "Dual Final Smash" attached to them.

• I wanted each team's members to stand out on their own and not really feel like one team's members were just clones of each other,so picks like Birdo, Paula, and Louie were left on the table because of that.
  • With the Zelda reps, I wanted each team to represent an "era" of the franchise, with Link/Sidon representing BoTW/ToTK and Zelda/Impa representing OoT. The only semi-exception is Ganondorf and Ghirahim, but I couldn't think of much for Ganondorf, so I decided to give him his Hyrule Warriors look to connect the two somehow.
  • You could make a case for the Baby Metroid as Samus' partner, but I don't think it'd be too compelling (maybe it's the Omega Metroid advocate in me talking), so Anthony it is.
  • Same case for Kraid or Mother Brain as Ridley's partner, but honestly, playing as a more nimble space pirate is a lot more compelling to me personally.
  • Jeff was picken specifically because I thought he'd be the most different playstyle-wise from Ness out of the EarthBound party.
  • If there's anything on this roster I'm not 100% content with, it's the Pokemon picks. I'd keep the Gen 1 teams, but I couldn't find much I was satisfied with for a third team outside of Lugia and Ho-Oh.
  • Honorable mentions: K. Rool, Toon Link/Tetra, Lucas/Kumatora, Sonic/Tails, and Richter/Alucard.

Cuts

Malkovich
Meryl SilverburghTails

Cuts

FP1

FP2

This seems like a cool idea, and I’ll just do something like FazDude’s.
Mario-Luigi
Peach-Daisy
Yoshi-Koopa Troopa (This is based on Mario Power Tennis)
Wario-Waluigi
Bowser-Bowser Jr.
Donkey Kong-Diddy Kong
Little Mac-Glass Joe
Link-Zelda
Ganondorf-Ganon
Toon Link-Tetra
Samus-Anthony Higgs
Ridley-Dark Samus
Pit-Palutena
Marth-Tiki
Chrom-Robin
Captain Falcon-Jody Summer
Kirby-Bandana Waddle Dee
King Dedede-Meta Knight
Fox-Falco
Ness-Paula Jones
Pikachu-Charizard
Mewtwo-Mew
Lucario-Greninja
Villager-Isabelle
Tom Nook-K.K Slider
Olimar-Oatchi
Shulk-Reyn
Mythra-Pyra
Inkling-Octoling
Mii Fighter-Wii Fit Trainer
Ice Climbers-Duck Hunt
Mr. Game & Watch-R.O.B.
Pac-Man-Pac-Man Jr.
Mega Man-Protoman
Ryu-Chun-Li
Sonic-Tails
Dr. Eggman-Metal Sonic
Cloud-Tifa
Tidus-Yuna
Sora-Riku
Steve-Alex

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
Simpler concept than most of mine thus far, but one I've not seen around much. Namely; what if Nintendo were the ones to make MultiVersus a thing?

This sort of presumes that it'd be an internal development team, so we wouldn't run into issues like the Pokemon Company deciding that Pikachu can't be hit with a sword. That said, it'd keep a similar gameplay system to MultiVersus - including archetypes and a 2v2 focus. Here's what I ended up with;

Mario (Super Mario), Pikachu (Pokemon), Kirby (Kirby), Olimar (Pikmin), Mii Fighter (Mii / Wii Sports), Peach (Super Mario), Greninja (Pokemon), Meta Knight (Kirby), Marth (Fire Emblem), Bowser (Super Mario), Edelgard (Fire Emblem), Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong), Link (The Legend of Zelda), Agent 8 (Splatoon), Sylveon (Pokemon), Mipha (The Legend of Zelda), Isabelle (Animal Crossing)

An... eclectic base roster, but one I think makes a bit of sense. To clear things up a little, icon colours correspond to character archetypes; orange for Bruiser, blue for Assassin, red for Tank, violet for Mage/Ranged, and green for Support. Out of order, here's my thought processes.
  1. Mario is an obvious candidate who, to be honest, I wouldn't change much in terms of base moveset aside from just simplifying him a little and - most prominently - tweaking him to feel a lot more happy and joyful, akin to in his games, rather than angry or fierce, like in Smash. This game as a whole should feel more like a friendly competition between worlds - think akin to the wrestling tournament concept for Smash 64 - and this would help a lot.
  2. Peach would get a slight rework in that I'd picture her moveset taking some hints from her different costumes in Showtime, but wouldn't go as far as her actually switching costumes - instead, those costumes would make perfect Variants for her. She'd be a lot more showy and aggressive here, so no Toads defending her this time!
  3. Bowser is a textbook Tank candidate, and makes a lot of sense to fulfil a villainous role here while not feeling too out of place. I'd once again play into his personality a little more, and also give him a little bit of a rivalry with Donkey Kong, but overall, I'd keep him as a powerhouse that can both take and deal damage in spades.
  4. Pikachu is a weird one, because he could be changed up quite a lot, but I'm opting to keep him fairly close to his appearance in Smash with some minor elements taking inspiration from the Pokemon anime. He's admittedly not as quick on his feet as in Smash, though - relying a little more on his attack prowess while still being on the faster side as a Bruiser. Plus, there's tons of potential for costumes - Libre springs to mind!
  5. Greninja is one of the most popular Pokemon in the world and a Smash veteran, so it makes a lot of sense to have them here. I think it'd make sense for them to be on the faster side as in Smash, and to be honest, their moveset over there is pretty decent all on its own. I'd have an Ash-Greninja costume for them somewhere, though.
  6. Sylveon is a bit of an oddball pick, but one I think would fit pretty well here. Being a popular Pokemon, a representative of the Eevee line, and falling neatly into a supporting role works well for their inclusion in the Support category here - with them, in my mind, being a mix between Isabelle's buffs and Mipha's more clear-cut role as a healer.
  7. Link is here based predominantly on his look in Tears of the Kingdom, complete with his Zonai arm and dressed (by default) in the Archaic Tunic. That said, while he's in the Mage/Ranged category, he'd be better than others at holding his own up close with his swordplay - but really comes into his own when using items and ranged tools. He doesn't change too much from his feel in Smash, though. Oh, and he has so much costume potential.
  8. Mipha might be an... unorthodox choice for a second Zelda character, but being a beloved fan-favourite who fills a pretty clear-cut healing role while also somewhat promoting more recent games could work well - and Zelda, alongside Ganondorf, would make for big inclusions in the future. She'd obviously have Mipha's Grace to heal herself and allies alike, but could also use a variation on Sidon's Vow to increase individual attacks' range or provide defensive shields, while also being decent at keeping opponents away from herself due to her trident's disjointed hitboxes.
  9. Kirby isn't too dissimilar from his feel in Smash, maintaining a cutesy, happy-go-lucky feel while also being simple to pick up and understand. He'd also keep the Copy Ability as his neutral special, and perhaps controversially, I'd limit how many of his other moves reference Copy Abilities from the actual Kirby franchise. Obviously there'd be a few, though. After all, this keeps the door open for plenty of other candidates down the line.
  10. Meta Knight is a perhaps controversial second pick for the Kirby series, but I think his fast-paced nature and general feel as a rival would make him pretty fitting overall. I don't really think there'd be many changes for him overall.
  11. Marth is our first Fire Emblem representative, and while I'd keep his moveset mostly focused on swordplay and spacing by maintaining his tipper mechanic, his specials would instead "call in" allies from Shadow Dragon who would perform their own attacks, giving him decent setplay potential too. After all, the Lord class is supposed to be made up of strategists. With that, I think Marth's allies would probably get costume changes alongside his own - seeing him and Caeda matching would be kinda cute.
  12. Edelgard is another slightly unorthodox pick, but I think she fits well - namely, as a popular "modern" Fire Emblem character from the biggest game in the series, and as someone who brings with her plenty of unique moveset potential. She'd fight with Aymr as well as some fire magic here and there, as well as potentially having some more... spoilery elements in her kit.
  13. Isabelle is our representative for Animal Crossing, based predominantly on her New Horizons look (though with costumes from the rest of the series as variants.) She'd be quite different to in Smash, instead being more prominently focused on supporting allies with buffs coming about from her paperwork, as well as being able to use various town planning elements to control space in her favour. She's here over Villager because I think it'd make more sense for this game's roster to be made up of "characters" rather than just blank stand-ins, a similar thought process leading to...
  14. Agent 8 is our representative for Splatoon, based primarily on her appearance in Side Order (though her iconic Octo Expansion look is a variant for her.) This extends to her moveset, with one of her major "gimmicks" being her use of the Pearl Drone for certain attacks, on top of her own ink system. As mentioned with Isabelle, she's here over just "Inkling" or "Octoling" because I think having actual characters here would be a pretty big focus.
  15. Donkey Kong is also in a bit of a weird spot in terms of his Smash appearance, but my general vibe for him here would be that he's more akin to his actual main-series vibe - a little goofy, very expressive, but also fantastically powerful. I'm thinking a lowkey rivalry with Bowser would fit here - given the pair of them tend to be the main heavyweights in most spinoff games and the like.
  16. Olimar is lucky to be in a good spot as our Pikmin representative, and my general vibe for him is similar to that of Smash - with the caveat that I'd simplify him a little, removing the massive focus on Pikmin management and instead having each of his moves use different Pikmin in different ways. Even so, the Pikmin Toss would probably still be on a rotation of some kind between red, blue, and yellow.
  17. Mii is a bit of an oddball here in that my thought process is they'd mostly be based on the Wii Sports series as opposed to being the outright customisable interpretation of them we see in Smash, but they'd still have plenty of costumes based on other Mii stuff - whether it be Miitopia, Tomodachi, and so on and so forth.
And, also, because I felt this would be fun - Season 1.

Grafaiai (Pokemon), Rex (Xenoblade Chronicles), Wario (Wario), Luigi (Super Mario), Anna (Fire Emblem)
  1. Grafaiai fills the role of a promotional Pokemon for the (as of writing) latest generation, Gen 9. That said, while there's a lot of promotional picks that could work well, Gen 9 specifically has a ton of fun choices you could go with - the hot-button ones being Meowscarada or Tinkaton, as well as dark horse picks like Koraidon or Gholdengo. Grafaiai, on the other hand, is in the great position of being fantastically unique while also having had a decent amount of promotion. Generally, its moveset would focus on mobility and inflicting poison with rapid attacks as a mobile glass cannon - but having the caveat of having to regularly "restock" the poison by licking its fingers.
  2. Rex (XC3) is another... weird pick, but one I think makes sense. Rex is a decently beloved character, but hardware limitations makes it difficult for Xenoblade Chronicles 2's gimmicks to really be represented - on the other hand, XC3 is the most recent game in the series, but hasn't sold as well as XC2. Hence... Rex's look from Future Redeemed. He's a dual-wielder of the Firelight Swords, so his main gimmick here is essentially that each sword has slightly different properties, allowing Rex's moveset a nice variation of fast but weak combo strikes alongside heavy-hitting fire-inducing hits. This effectively allows him to switch effortlessly between racking up damage in comboes, then finalising with powerful finishers as needed.
  3. Wario is here to represent his own series, and paired with Luigi in a sense somewhat akin to how marketing prominently paired Black Adam and Stripe as "villains" - but in this case, the "Mario Bros." Wario's moveset maintains a similar offbeat feel to in Smash, but the way I'd describe him here is almost as if the Wario Land series were a series of minigames in WarioWare or something. He'd take elements from both series, obviously, but his default look is his plumber outfit - with his biker outfit being a prominent other costume.
  4. Luigi fills out the second "Mario Bros." pairing concept, though unlike his Smash interpretation, I'd actually more closely base Luigi's moveset on the Luigi's Mansion series - to the point of constantly wearing the Poltergust. While some of his elements would obviously mirror Mario's, he'd mostly focus on being a grab-centric character with plenty of weirdness to him. A personal idea I think could be really cool is having one of his Perks be that if he fully charges a strong attack, he creates Gooigi behind him, which hits just after he does to make the attack a stronger multi-hit or something.
  5. Anna is our last character of the season, picked as a prominent and reoccuring Fire Emblem candidate with plenty of unique potential as a Supporter - mostly because of her role as a shopkeeper. Similar to Mipha, she can hold her own somewhat by fighting with a surprisingly varied arsenal, but she'd also be able to provide buffs both to herself or her allies by "selling" them - with the caveat that "money" can only be regenerated by either you or your ally dealing damage.
Obviously this borders a little on the unrealistic in some places, but I think it'd be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
I present a fighting game that takes the entire Mortal Kombat generation and turns it into a Smash-level crossover event. I call it:

Bloodbath of the Dark Realms

Now, let's go over the starting roster:
  1. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - The poster child for all harmful fighting games, and the reason why the ESRB was founded. There's no way he's NOT on this roster.​
  2. Sub-Zero (MK) - Wherever Scorpion goes, Sub-Zero follows him. It's the simple truth.​
  3. Fulgore (Killer Instinct) - Next to Mortal Kombat, the biggest name in "fighting games with bloodshed" has to be Killer Instinct. As such, a large portion of the non-MK fighters will come from this series.​
  4. Sauron (Primal Rage) - Being a video game where you fight dinosaurs as a dinosaur, it's no surprise that Primal Rage nearly got a sequel. That's going to be a theme, where getting a sequel means two characters in this game by default.​
  5. Blade (Eternal Champions) - I'm going to be real with you. These five characters, Blade included, will be on the game's cover art and posters. Like there was any other way to grab attention.​
  6. Johnny Cage (MK) - It's about time we got another Mortal Kombat character in here, and Johnny Cage seems like the best pick.​
  7. Jago (KI) - Yes, I'm putting Jago below Fulgore on the Killer Instinct totem pole. Everyone else does.​
  8. Raiden (MK) - In case it's not obvious by now, Mortal Kombat is going to flood this roster like the elevators in The Shining. If you have a problem with that, this game can serve as an introduction to the other franchises.​
  9. Blizzard (PR) - Technically, Warner Bros. owns Primal Rage. They also own Mortal Kombat. This is why it's easy to get a second representative.​
  10. Black Orchid (KI) - We should have a female fighter in the starting roster, just in case bad word of mouth is still an issue.​
  11. Jetta (EC) - I did say that getting a sequel means you get two characters automatically, and this applies to Eternal Champions.​
  12. Sonya Blade (MK) - Sonya and Black Orchid would take the "enemies to friends" approach throughout this game. The ball's in your court, shippers.​
After giving additional reps to all the franchises, let's tackle the unlockables. Pretend the roster continues at #13:
  1. Crimson Glory (Way of the Warrior) - Surprised to see this game get a fighter? Don't be. The pool of speculation for this particular game is surprisingly niche.
  2. Jax (MK) - Yep, it ain't just the first installments that are getting nods over here.
  3. Sabrewulf (KI) - Killer Instinct might not have much general appeal, but they did have style.
  4. Trident (EC) - I fully admit to being biased to this choice.
  5. Mileena (MK) - Most of the obscure picks go to the MK clones. I thought we'd know this by now.
  6. Talon (PR) - Talon is the final Primal Rage character for this base roster.
  7. Habaki (Kasumi Ninja) - Need I say more?
  8. Rancid (Time Killers) - I figured that we need more modern-day killers to offset the three dinosaurs we have.
  9. Cassie Cage (MK) - I figure that those that have survived the 2000s should get more recent combatants. Unfortunately, only Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct have this distinction. As for our new Killer Instinct rep?
  10. Hisako (KI) - A fan favorite as far as I know.
Because every fighter needs post-game content, here's a few seasons of DLC.

DLC Pack #1:
  1. Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat) - A character that missed the boat due to this not being a straight-up Mortal Kombat entry.
  2. Spinal (Killer Instinct) - This talking skeleton very nearly was an unlockable, and if it was purely up to me, he'd be in over Hisako.
  3. Dawson (Eternal Champions) - It's about time the Eternal Champions sequel got a fighter in here.
  4. Fallout (BloodStorm) - Here comes a new universe!
  5. Kull (Way of the Warrior) - Hear me out on this one, because if it wasn't for Universal wanting to back this game, we wouldn't have gotten Crash Bandicoot.
DLC Pack #2:
  1. Liu Kang (MK) - The supposed protagonist of Mortal Kombat finally makes his debut. Goes to show how famous Scorpion has become, doesn't it?
  2. Maya (KI) - We have Killer Instinct and its reboot covered. Let's tackle the Gold edition.
  3. A.C. Current (Tattoo Assassins) - By this stage, we've clearly ran out of Netherrealm wannabes to milk from.
  4. Midknight (EC) - I mainly put him in here for his backstory.
  5. Vertigo (PR) - What? I said Talon would be the final character from Primal Rage in the base roster. I didn't say that would be it.
Honorable mentions go to the following:

Mortal Kombat: Kano, Goro, Reptile, Baraka, Jade, Kitana, Noob Saibot, Shao Kahn, Khameleon, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Meat, Mokap, Kronika
Killer Instinct: Cinder, Black Thunder, Eyedol, Gargos, Riptor, T.J. Combo, Glacius, ARIA, Kim Wu
Primal Rage: Diablo, Chaos, Necrosan, Armadon, Arik
Eternal Champions: Larcen, R.A.X., Xavier, Riptide, Hooter
Way of the Warrior: Major Gaines, Konotori, Malcolm Fox
Kasumi Ninja: Senzo, Gyaku, Angus MacGregor, Thundra
Time Killers: Orion, Thugg, Mantazz, Death
BloodStorm: Hellhound, Razor, Tempest, Tremor
Tattoo Assassins: Billy Two Moons, Derek O'Toole
Plus characters from Bio F.R.E.A.K.S., Cosmic Carnage, and Mace: The Dark Age.

You may be wondering if this is it. If you know modern Mortal Kombat, and if you bought all the DLC for Killer Instinct, you know there has to be guest characters. Unfortunately, I'm only going for video game characters on this one, so no DC villains or horror movie slashers here.

DLC Pack #3: The Gruesome Guests
  1. George (Rampage) - Obviously sized down for this game, a character from Rampage makes sense to me.
  2. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day) - I wanted to give Killer Instinct a new guest character to represent their universe. I wanted to have The Dark Queen from Battletoads enter the fray, but then I remembered how fraught with chaos CBFD was.
  3. Baby Bonnie Hood (Darkstalkers) - Yes, I'm adding Darkstalkers to this universe. No, it's none of the mainstays you'd expect.
  4. CJ (Grand Theft Auto) - We already have Mortal Kombat headlining this crossover, so let's just drop the other shoe and get GTA in the lineup.
  5. Duke Nukem - Our final fighter is one that is cut from the same cloth as Doomguy and BJ Blaskowitz, but I didn't want to choose either of those two because they'd be obvious finale picks. That, and we already have Conker as our Microsoft guest by now.
I await your replies, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace

Swap meta knight and bandanna waddle dee.

bandana waddle dee is primarily associated with dedede while meta knight is the same species as Kirby.

FazDude

Smash Master
Swap meta knight and bandanna waddle dee.

bandana waddle dee is primarily associated with dedede while meta knight is the same species as Kirby.
BWD’s been pegged as Kirby’s “Player 2” for a while now, and it’s not like Dedede and MK haven’t teamed up in the past. Like I said, I could swing either way (and Kirby/MK would be a very funny SSF1 joke)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Since everyone's tried it at one point, here's my What If Smash Ultimate had half the roster? Roster.

1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Samus
  5. Yoshi
  6. Kirby
  7. Fox
  8. Pikachu
  9. Luigi
  10. Ness
  11. Peach
  12. Bowser
  13. Zelda
  14. Marth
  15. Ganondorf
  16. Mewtwo
  17. Mr. Game and Watch
  18. Meta Knight
  19. Pit
  20. Wario
  21. Ike
  22. Charizard
  23. Sonic
  24. King Dedede
  25. Olimar
  26. ROB
  27. Villager
  28. Mega Man
  29. Little Mac
  30. Mii
  31. Pac-Man
  32. Shulk
  33. Bowser Jr.
  34. Duck Hunt
  35. Ryu
  36. Cloud
  37. Bayonetta
  38. Inkling
  39. Ridley
  40. Simon
  41. King K. Rool
  42. Joker
  43. Hero
  44. Banjo and Kazooie
  45. Steve

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Ridden
I present a fighting game that takes the entire Mortal Kombat generation and turns it into a Smash-level crossover event. I call it:

Bloodbath of the Dark Realms

Now, let's go over the starting roster:
  1. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - The poster child for all harmful fighting games, and the reason why the ESRB was founded. There's no way he's NOT on this roster.​
  2. Sub-Zero (MK) - Wherever Scorpion goes, Sub-Zero follows him. It's the simple truth.​
  3. Fulgore (Killer Instinct) - Next to Mortal Kombat, the biggest name in "fighting games with bloodshed" has to be Killer Instinct. As such, a large portion of the non-MK fighters will come from this series.​
  4. Sauron (Primal Rage) - Being a video game where you fight dinosaurs as a dinosaur, it's no surprise that Primal Rage nearly got a sequel. That's going to be a theme, where getting a sequel means two characters in this game by default.​
  5. Blade (Eternal Champions) - I'm going to be real with you. These five characters, Blade included, will be on the game's cover art and posters. Like there was any other way to grab attention.​
  6. Johnny Cage (MK) - It's about time we got another Mortal Kombat character in here, and Johnny Cage seems like the best pick.​
  7. Jago (KI) - Yes, I'm putting Jago below Fulgore on the Killer Instinct totem pole. Everyone else does.​
  8. Raiden (MK) - In case it's not obvious by now, Mortal Kombat is going to flood this roster like the elevators in The Shining. If you have a problem with that, this game can serve as an introduction to the other franchises.​
  9. Blizzard (PR) - Technically, Warner Bros. owns Primal Rage. They also own Mortal Kombat. This is why it's easy to get a second representative.​
  10. Black Orchid (KI) - We should have a female fighter in the starting roster, just in case bad word of mouth is still an issue.​
  11. Jetta (EC) - I did say that getting a sequel means you get two characters automatically, and this applies to Eternal Champions.​
  12. Sonya Blade (MK) - Sonya and Black Orchid would take the "enemies to friends" approach throughout this game. The ball's in your court, shippers.​
After giving additional reps to all the franchises, let's tackle the unlockables. Pretend the roster continues at #13:
  1. Crimson Glory (Way of the Warrior) - Surprised to see this game get a fighter? Don't be. The pool of speculation for this particular game is surprisingly niche.
  2. Jax (MK) - Yep, it ain't just the first installments that are getting nods over here.
  3. Sabrewulf (KI) - Killer Instinct might not have much general appeal, but they did have style.
  4. Trident (EC) - I fully admit to being biased to this choice.
  5. Mileena (MK) - Most of the obscure picks go to the MK clones. I thought we'd know this by now.
  6. Talon (PR) - Talon is the final Primal Rage character for this base roster.
  7. Habaki (Kasumi Ninja) - Need I say more?
  8. Rancid (Time Killers) - I figured that we need more modern-day killers to offset the three dinosaurs we have.
  9. Cassie Cage (MK) - I figure that those that have survived the 2000s should get more recent combatants. Unfortunately, only Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct have this distinction. As for our new Killer Instinct rep?
  10. Hisako (KI) - A fan favorite as far as I know.
Because every fighter needs post-game content, here's a few seasons of DLC.

DLC Pack #1:
  1. Raiden (Mortal Kombat) - A character that missed the boat due to this not being a straight-up Mortal Kombat entry.
  2. Spinal (Killer Instinct) - This talking skeleton very nearly was an unlockable, and if it was purely up to me, he'd be in over Hisako.
  3. Dawson (Eternal Champions) - It's about time the Eternal Champions sequel got a fighter in here.
  4. Fallout (BloodStorm) - Here comes a new universe!
  5. Kull (Way of the Warrior) - Hear me out on this one, because if it wasn't for Universal wanting to back this game, we wouldn't have gotten Crash Bandicoot.
DLC Pack #2:
  1. Liu Kang (MK) - The supposed protagonist of Mortal Kombat finally makes his debut. Goes to show how famous Scorpion has become, doesn't it?
  2. Maya (KI) - We have Killer Instinct and its reboot covered. Let's tackle the Gold edition.
  3. A.C. Current (Tattoo Assassins) - By this stage, we've clearly ran out of Netherrealm wannabes to milk from.
  4. Midknight (EC) - I mainly put him in here for his backstory.
  5. Vertigo (PR) - What? I said Talon would be the final character from Primal Rage in the base roster. I didn't say that would be it.
Honorable mentions go to the following:

Mortal Kombat: Kano, Goro, Reptile, Shang Tsung, Baraka, Jade, Kitana, Noob Saibot, Shao Kahn, Khameleon, Nightwolf, Sheeva, Sindel, Meat, Mokap, Kronika
Killer Instinct: Cinder, Black Thunder, Eyedol, Gargos, Riptor, T.J. Combo, Glacius, ARIA, Kim Wu
Primal Rage: Diablo, Chaos, Necrosan, Armadon, Arik
Eternal Champions: Larcen, R.A.X., Xavier, Riptide, Hooter
Way of the Warrior: Major Gaines, Konotori, Malcolm Fox
Kasumi Ninja: Senzo, Gyaku, Angus MacGregor, Thundra
Time Killers: Orion, Thugg, Mantazz, Death
BloodStorm: Hellhound, Razor, Tempest, Tremor
Tattoo Assassins: Billy Two Moons, Derek O'Toole
Plus characters from Bio F.R.E.A.K.S., Cosmic Carnage, and Mace: The Dark Age.

You may be wondering if this is it. If you know modern Mortal Kombat, and if you bought all the DLC for Killer Instinct, you know there has to be guest characters. Unfortunately, I'm only going for video game characters on this one, so no DC villains or horror movie slashers here.

DLC Pack #3: The Gruesome Guests
  1. George (Rampage) - Obviously sized down for this game, a character from Rampage makes sense to me.
  2. Conker (Conker's Bad Fur Day) - I wanted to give Killer Instinct a new guest character to represent their universe. I wanted to have The Dark Queen from Battletoads enter the fray, but then I remembered how fraught with chaos CBFD was.
  3. Baby Bonnie Hood (Darkstalkers) - Yes, I'm adding Darkstalkers to this universe. No, it's none of the mainstays you'd expect.
  4. CJ (Grand Theft Auto) - We already have Mortal Kombat headlining this crossover, so let's just drop the other shoe and get GTA in the lineup.
  5. Duke Nukem - Our final fighter is one that is cut from the same cloth as Doomguy and BJ Blaskowitz, but I didn't want to choose either of those two because they'd be obvious finale picks. That, and we already have Conker as our Microsoft guest by now.
I await your replies, ladies and gentlemen.
Raiden is on here twice

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Created a 70-man roster for the next game, and another roster full of character that I wanted to put on the 70-man roster
You took out all those characters and only added in 10?! Most of them suck compared to what was lost too. Toad and Bandanna Dee are NOT newcomers worth these cuts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smash Pokemon Roster Rework
Cutting down on mascots, "cool bipeds", and starters. Pikachu is kept because of historical context (Pokemon being a new franchise and other mons being unproven in popularity) but would've been cut otherwise

Smash 64:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
Melee:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Pichu
Brawl:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Charmeleon, Venusaur
  4. Croagunk
3DS/Wii U
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo (DLC)
  4. Squirtle
  5. Croagunk
  6. Trevenant
Ultimate
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Charmeleon, Venusaur
  5. Pichu
  6. Croagunk
  7. Trevenant
  8. Steenee

FazDude

Smash Master
Smash Pokemon Roster Rework
Cutting down on mascots, "cool bipeds", and starters. Pikachu is kept because of historical context (Pokemon being a new franchise and other mons being unproven in popularity) but would've been cut otherwise

Smash 64:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
Melee:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Pichu
Brawl:
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Charmeleon, Venusaur
  4. Croagunk
3DS/Wii U
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo (DLC)
  4. Squirtle
  5. Croagunk
  6. Trevenant
Ultimate
  1. Pikachu
  2. Jigglypuff
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Pokemon Trainer - Squirtle, Charmeleon, Venusaur
  5. Pichu
  6. Croagunk
  7. Trevenant
  8. Steenee
Croagunk is a really appreciated pick.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I made my attempt at a Microsoft Smash-like roster; as a result of the Activision buy-out (along with the various other buy-outs that they've done over the years), I think there's a lot of potential. (though there's plenty of bias on my part; I have my doubts that an actual Microsoft Smash-like game would have so many characters from Rare, and I have a few cases where I added a character because I'm a fan of the game in question rather than it being likely)

MASTER CHIEF
(Halo)
ARBITER
(Halo)
MARCUS FENIX
(Gears of War)
RAAM
(Gears of War)
ORI
(Ori and the Blind Forest)
STEVE
(Minecraft)
THE DRAGONBORN (Skyrim)
COMMANDER KEEN (Commander Keen)
DOOMGUY
(DOOM)
BANJO & KAZOOIE
(Banjo-Kazooie)
GRUNTILDA
(Banjo-Kazooie)
CONKER
(Conker's Bad Fur Day)
RASH
(Battletoads)
RANDOM
KAMEO
(Kameo: Elements of Power)
LUPUS
(Jet Force Gemini)
FULGORE
(Killer Instinct)

JOANNA DARK
(Perfect Dark)
CRASH BANDICOOT
(Crash Bandicoot)
DR. CORTEX
(Crash Bandicoot)
SPYRO
(Spyro the Dragon)
RAZPUTIN
(Psychonauts)

EDDIE RIGGS
(Brütal Legend)

KERRIGAN
(Starcraft)
TRACER
(Overwatch)
ARTHAS
(Warcraft)
DIABLO
(Diablo)

I had originally planned to include Blazkowicz from Wolfenstein, but I wasn't sure how well the imagery that those games provide would mesh with a platform fighter. (since it's an alternate timeline where the Germans won World War 2) Plus, while I have limited experience with the Commander Keen games, it seems like it would be a fun call-back to include, like PaRappa the Rapper or Sir Daniel Fortesque being in PlayStation All Stars.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with some of these franchises (Kameo, Warcraft, and Commander Keen in particular), and I probably could have included a Fallout character in there somewhere, but having only played Fallout 3, I'm not sure who (if anyone) would work. (likewise, I could see someone in the development wanting to include a Call of Duty character, but I've played very little of the franchise)

I tried to keep it semi-realistic by sticking to a roster size comparable to Smash Bros. Melee, though if I'm being completely realistic, then I'm guessing that Eddie, Kameo, Lupus, Commander Keen, and likely a few others wouldn't be in the game, and there'd be a few clones in there to make the development process easier. (such as Coco being a Crash clone, Cole being a Marcus clone, or Locke being a Master Chief clone)

EDIT: Here's my attempt at a stage list - I'll aim for about 30 stages.

1. Installation 04 (Halo)
2. The Hollow (Gears of War)
3. Nibel (Ori and the Blind Forest)
4. Minecraft World (Minecraft)
5. The Throat of the World (Skyrim)
6. Energy Flow Systems (Commander Keen)
7. Phobos Base (DOOM)
8. Rusty Bucket Bay (Banjo-Kazooie)
9. Windmill (Conker's Bad Fur Day - touring stage)
10. Turbo Tunnel (Battletoads)
11. Thorn's Castle (Kameo: Elements of Power)
12. S.S. Anubis (Jet Force Gemini)
13. Ultratech Industries (Killer Instinct)
14. Area 51 (Perfect Dark)
15. N. Sanity Beach (Crash Bandicoot)
16. Tree Tops (Spyro the Dragon)
17. The Milkman Conspiracy (Psychonauts)
18. Brütal Land (Brütal Legend - touring stage)
19. Tarsonis (Starcraft)
20. King's Row (Overwatch)
21. Icecrown Citadel (Warcraft)
22. Chaos Sanctuary (Diablo)
23. New Vegas (Fallout)
24. Sea of Thieves (Sea of Thieves)
25. Piñata Island (Viva Piñata)
26. New Mombasa (Halo)
27. Stormy Ascent (Crash Bandicoot)
28. The Heroes Guild (Fable)
29. Pacific City (Crackdown)
30. Cloud Cuckooland (Banjo-Kazooie)
31. The Nexus (Heroes of the Storm)
32. Secret Cow Level (Diablo)

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
download__3_-removebg-preview.png

Star Wars: Fighters of the Force

Bottom row is DLC
Would be a parry focused fighting game (thinking like Soul Calibur) with a balance between blaster class characters and melee class characters. There would be an in story reason for why non light saber users can keep up with those who do. There would also be a dark side \ light side mechanic where players can change up their gameplay style

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I'm gonna do something a bit different and lay out a hypothetical DLC roadmap for the next Smash.
Season 1Season 2Season 3Season 4
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​

Last edited:

MartianSnake

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna do something a bit different and lay out a hypothetical DLC roadmap for the next Smash.
Season 1Season 2Season 3Season 4
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Newcomer​
Veteran​
Yooooo you're adding Newcomer? That's awesome

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Here’s my attempt at a MVC roster

Marvel
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Doc Ock
  3. Madame Web (Julia Carpenter)
  4. Kingpin
  5. Cyclops
  6. Mr Sinister
  7. Wolverine
  8. Iceman
  9. Storm
  10. Bastian
  11. Human Torch
  12. Captain America
  13. Thor
  14. Iron Man
  15. Dr Strange
  16. Hulk
  17. She Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Luke Cage
  20. Silver Surfer
  21. Hawkeye
  22. Red Skull
  23. Cosmo the Space Dog
  24. Fredzilla
  25. Magneto
Capcom
  1. Megaman
  2. Dr Wily
  3. Zero
  4. Roll
  5. Ryu
  6. Chun Li
  7. M. Bison
  8. Sakura
  9. Amaterasu
  10. Chibiterasu & Kuni
  11. Leon S. Kennedy
  12. Wesker
  13. Jill Valentine
  14. Monster Hunter
  15. Faylene
  16. Rathalos
  17. Phoenix Wright
  18. Viewtiful Joe
  19. Batsu
  20. Frank West
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Arthur
  23. Amingo
  24. Anakaris
  25. Hayato Kanazaki
that was not easy. had to fight the urge to add in aunt may

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master

Marvel
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Doc Ock
  4. Kingpin
  5. Cyclops
  6. Mr Sinister
  7. Wolverine
  8. Iceman
  9. Storm
  10. Bastian
  11. Human Torch
  12. Captain America
  13. Thor
  14. Iron Man
  15. Dr Strange
  16. Hulk
  17. She Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Luke Cage
  20. Silver Surfer
  21. Hawkeye
  22. Absorbing Man
  23. Cosmo the Space Dog
  24. Fredzilla
  25. Knull
Capcom
  1. Megaman
  2. Dr Wily
  3. Zero
  4. Roll
  5. Ryu
  6. Chun Li
  7. M. Bison
  8. Sakura
  9. Amaterasu
  10. Chibiterasu & Kuni
  11. Leon S. Kennedy
  12. Wesker
  13. Jill Valentine
  14. Monster Hunter
  15. Faylene
  16. Baby Rathalos
  17. Phoenix Wright
  18. Viewtiful Joe
  19. Batsu
  20. Frank West
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Arthur
  23. Amingo
  24. Anakaris
  25. Hayato Kanazaki
There’s some interesting picks here, I personally wouldn’t go with some of them but I respect it. Also no devil may cry?

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion

Marvel
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Doc Ock
  4. Kingpin
  5. Cyclops
  6. Mr Sinister
  7. Wolverine
  8. Iceman
  9. Storm
  10. Bastian
  11. Human Torch
  12. Captain America
  13. Thor
  14. Iron Man
  15. Dr Strange
  16. Hulk
  17. She Hulk
  18. Iron Fist
  19. Luke Cage
  20. Silver Surfer
  21. Hawkeye
  22. Absorbing Man
  23. Cosmo the Space Dog
  24. Fredzilla
  25. Knull
Capcom
  1. Megaman
  2. Dr Wily
  3. Zero
  4. Roll
  5. Ryu
  6. Chun Li
  7. M. Bison
  8. Sakura
  9. Amaterasu
  10. Chibiterasu & Kuni
  11. Leon S. Kennedy
  12. Wesker
  13. Jill Valentine
  14. Monster Hunter
  15. Faylene
  16. Baby Rathalos
  17. Phoenix Wright
  18. Viewtiful Joe
  19. Batsu
  20. Frank West
  21. Strider Hiryu
  22. Arthur
  23. Amingo
  24. Anakaris
  25. Hayato Kanazaki
This roster is more or less,and the picks are just WTF,like: Madame Web?,Baby Rathalos?, Absorbing Man?,Cosmo?,Fredzilla?,and Knull?....KNULL?!,knull works as a boss

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This roster is more or less,and the picks are just WTF,like: Madame Web?,Baby Rathalos?, Absorbing Man?,Cosmo?,Fredzilla?,and Knull?....KNULL?!,knull works as a boss
So? It’s a fan roster it’s not meant to be taken seriously

granted I’m not sold on absorbing or baby rathalos but I figured you’d at least get some pretty unique movesets out of them. I was originally going to say knull and yami were the bosses.

you know what you’re right knull is an odd choice I’ll swap him for magneto. can’t go wrong with him

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
This probably looks pretty bad right after Faz's 3-man roster, but it's something I've been sat on for a minute, so maybe this is a good time to drop it.

Specifically? Sakurai's stated in the past that one of his major inspirations behind the Smash series was SNK's The King of Fighters, and this concept basically just asks the question of how Smash 64's roster would look if it also had 8 themed trios on the roster overall. Probably a little unrealistic, but I've kept specifically to stuff that exists during this era.

Looks a little weird? Well, let's delve into it.
  1. Team Mushroom Kingdom (consisting of Mario, Peach and Toad) is obviously the obligatory Mario-themed team. I felt that around this time, Luigi probably wouldn't have as much unique moveset potential - and Toad, being Peach's retainer, feels like a logical candidate.)
  2. Team Hyrulean Guard (consisting of Link, Zelda and Impa) is a Zelda-themed team based on Ocarina of Time. Obviously Link and Zelda are here, but also Impa, who I'd suggest would have a similar concept to Sheik in how she plays overall.
  3. Team Kanto (consisting of Pikachu, Charizard and Clefairy) is the obligatory Pokemon-themed team. Obviously Pikachu's here as the icon, but Charizard's also here as a box-art starter... and Clefairy, while a little weird, was originally planned for Smash 64 but replaced with Jigglypuff. Metronome could be such a cool move to work with, considering her Melee trophy!
  4. Team Treetop Trio (consisting of Donkey Kong, Lip and Yoshi) is our first team centred around uniting themes as opposed to just a franchise - specifically, characters associated with forests or jungles. It helps a lot that Donkey Kong and Yoshi are also Mario spinoffs, and then Lip's here as a forest fairy. Maybe Yoshi's connection to this is a little on the looser side, but he's still pretty attuned with nature, so I think it fits.
  5. Team Deep Space (consisting of Samus, Kirby and Fox) is our second "concept team", centred this time around space travellers, hence the lineup we have. I originally considered making this "Team Bounty Hunters" with Samus, Captain Falcon and Wolf, but I think this lineup is a little more iconic overall.
  6. Team Extreme Sports (consisting of Captain Falcon, Akari Hayami and Lark) is a funky little stand-in for KoF '94's Team American Sports, themed around Nintendo's different sports-themed franchises around this time. Well... sort of. Originally, Akari was joined by her brother Ryota, but this lineup instead represents F-Zero (which is considered a sport in-universe), 1080° is obviously centred around snowboarding, then Pilotwings on air sports. Note - Akari's design isn't based on Avalanche on the basis of that game not existing yet. It's based on Snowboarding.
  7. Team Trouble Kings (consisting of Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede) is inspired by the Brawl mission of the same name and lineup, with the uniting theme of the trio all being kings who are also villains in their home series. Dedede's probably the exception to this, but I think his more laid-back nature would really give him a neat personality to bounce off Bowser's and Ganondorf's more outright evil characterisations.
  8. Team Rivals (consisting of Wario, Meta Knight and Wolf) is loosely inspired by Kof '95's team of the same name in concept, but in practice, it differs pretty significantly. Wario's intended as a rival to Mario, Meta Knight to Kirby, and Wolf to Fox. Plus, I think their personalities would be pretty fun to play around with - Meta Knight's chivalry would bounce off Wario's greed and Wolf's slightly obsessive nature really well in my mind.
I actually had a lot of other ideas of how to line this up, both for concepts and characters, but this could be worse! Some of these, actually, were;
  • The aforementioned Team Bounty Hunters (Samus, Wolf and Captain Falcon), which pretty much got replaced with Deep Space because I felt it'd be a more iconic lineup.
  • Team Arcade Icons (Donkey Kong Jr., Little Mac, Wild Gunman), a team that stuck around for a while before I decided that the characters here would probably be more interesting if they appeared in a future title. Plus, Extreme Sports' more recent focus kind of replaced this group too.
  • Team Brawlers (A fighting-type Pokemon, Little Mac, and Sukapon), which was intended to be a team made of characters who actually fight in hand-to-hand combat. Ended up getting cut and replaced with Extreme Sports as a more interesting lineup. The Pokemon considered here were either Machamp, Hitmonchan or Poliwrath.
  • Team Pop Star, which would consist of the three included Kirby characters - though they ended up working better split across the cast, with Kirby in Deep Space, Dedede with the Trouble Kings, and Meta Knight with the Rivals.
  • Team Fantasy (Marth, Pit and Lip), a team originally planned with the loose theme of "fantasy". I didn't really feel this team gelled well due to a pretty vague, generalised theme, so this group effectively got replaced with Treetop Trio.
  • Team Super Brothers (Mario, Luigi and Wario), a weirder team that'd be themed around the three "plumbers" that exist in the main series thus far. That said, this didn't last long, and got effectively superceded with Mushroom Kingdom pretty quickly.
I might do another one of these for Melee at some point - it was a ton of fun! Also, as for the final boss... I mean, Master Hand works well, but I think Ridley would be a neat secret boss.

Last edited:
This probably looks pretty bad right after Faz's 3-man roster, but it's something I've been sat on for a minute, so maybe this is a good time to drop it.

Specifically? Sakurai's stated in the past that one of his major inspirations behind the Smash series was SNK's The King of Fighters, and this concept basically just asks the question of how Smash 64's roster would look if it also had 8 themed trios on the roster overall. Probably a little unrealistic, but I've kept specifically to stuff that exists during this era.

Looks a little weird? Well, let's delve into it.
  1. Team Mushroom Kingdom (consisting of Mario, Peach and Toad) is obviously the obligatory Mario-themed team. I felt that around this time, Luigi probably wouldn't have as much unique moveset potential - and Toad, being Peach's retainer, feels like a logical candidate.)
  2. Team Hyrulean Guard (consisting of Link, Zelda and Impa) is a Zelda-themed team based on Ocarina of Time. Obviously Link and Zelda are here, but also Impa, who I'd suggest would have a similar concept to Sheik in how she plays overall.
  3. Team Kanto (consisting of Pikachu, Charizard and Clefairy) is the obligatory Pokemon-themed team. Obviously Pikachu's here as the icon, but Charizard's also here as a box-art starter... and Clefairy, while a little weird, was originally planned for Smash 64 but replaced with Jigglypuff. Metronome could be such a cool move to work with, considering her Melee trophy!
  4. Team Treetop Trio (consisting of Donkey Kong, Lip and Yoshi) is our first team centred around uniting themes as opposed to just a franchise - specifically, characters associated with forests or jungles. It helps a lot that Donkey Kong and Yoshi are also Mario spinoffs, and then Lip's here as a forest fairy. Maybe Yoshi's connection to this is a little on the looser side, but he's still pretty attuned with nature, so I think it fits.
  5. Team Deep Space (consisting of Samus, Kirby and Fox) is our second "concept team", centred this time around space travellers, hence the lineup we have. I originally considered making this "Team Bounty Hunters" with Samus, Captain Falcon and Wolf, but I think this lineup is a little more iconic overall.
  6. Team Extreme Sports (consisting of Captain Falcon, Akari Hayami and Lark) is a funky little stand-in for KoF '94's Team American Sports, themed around Nintendo's different sports-themed franchises around this time. Well... sort of. Originally, Akari was joined by her brother Ryota, but this lineup instead represents F-Zero (which is considered a sport in-universe), 1080° is obviously centred around snowboarding, then Pilotwings on air sports. Note - Akari's design isn't based on Avalanche on the basis of that game not existing yet. It's based on Snowboarding.
  7. Team Trouble Kings (consisting of Bowser, Ganondorf and King Dedede) is inspired by the Brawl mission of the same name and lineup, with the uniting theme of the trio all being kings who are also villains in their home series. Dedede's probably the exception to this, but I think his more laid-back nature would really give him a neat personality to bounce off Bowser's and Ganondorf's more outright evil characterisations.
  8. Team Rivals (consisting of Wario, Meta Knight and Wolf) is loosely inspired by Kof '95's team of the same name in concept, but in practice, it differs pretty significantly. Wario's intended as a rival to Mario, Meta Knight to Kirby, and Wolf to Fox. Plus, I think their personalities would be pretty fun to play around with - Meta Knight's chivalry would bounce off Wario's greed and Wolf's slightly obsessive nature really well in my mind.
I actually had a lot of other ideas of how to line this up, both for concepts and characters, but this could be worse! Some of these, actually, were;
  • The aforementioned Team Bounty Hunters (Samus, Wolf and Captain Falcon), which pretty much got replaced with Deep Space because I felt it'd be a more iconic lineup.
  • Team Arcade Icons (Donkey Kong Jr., Little Mac, Wild Gunman), a team that stuck around for a while before I decided that the characters here would probably be more interesting if they appeared in a future title. Plus, Extreme Sports' more recent focus kind of replaced this group too.
  • Team Brawlers (A fighting-type Pokemon, Little Mac, and Sukapon), which was intended to be a team made of characters who actually fight in hand-to-hand combat. Ended up getting cut and replaced with Extreme Sports as a more interesting lineup. The Pokemon considered here were either Machamp, Hitmonchan or Poliwrath.
  • Team Pop Star, which would consist of the three included Kirby characters - though they ended up working better split across the cast, with Kirby in Deep Space, Dedede with the Trouble Kings, and Meta Knight with the Rivals.
  • Team Fantasy (Marth, Pit and Lip), a team originally planned with the loose theme of "fantasy". I didn't really feel this team gelled well due to a pretty vague, generalised theme, so this group effectively got replaced with Treetop Trio.
  • Team Super Brothers (Mario, Luigi and Wario), a weirder team that'd be themed around the three "plumbers" that exist in the main series thus far. That said, this didn't last long, and got effectively superceded with Mushroom Kingdom pretty quickly.
I might do another one of these for Melee at some point - it was a ton of fun! Also, as for the final boss... I mean, Master Hand works well, but I think Ridley would be a neat secret boss.
  • Here's hoping that Luigi gets into Melee. Maybe he's the Kim Kaphwan of Smash, where he tries a bit too hard to rein in Wario and Waluigi.
  • We have Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Impa in this game. I don't think we need more Zelda reps for a while.
  • How soon until one franchise takes up two whole 3-on-3 teams? Because Pokemon would be a frontrunner for this. Although Clefairy in Smash 64 is news to me.
  • Lip is lucky we don't have a third solo act for Mario spinoffs, or else she'd be benched. Then again, I'd imagine she'd be benched anyway by Brawl if DK's allies are anything to go by.
  • So, you have Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, but they're not a package deal themselves. That's definitely going to change by Wii U, while Team Star Fox could have Fox, Falco, and Krystal later on. Maybe Samus and Captain Falcon can be on the same team one day.
  • And just like Team American Sports, I have a hunch that these three are going to become nothing more than a running gag starting with the sequel.
  • Gee, Mario. How come Nintendo lets you have SIX characters in your universe?
  • I would replace Wild Gunman with the Duck Hunt Dog, but Team Arcade Icons wouldn't be that bad otherwise.
  • Hitmonchan on the same team as Sukapon. You have my attention.
  • Hopefully, Marth and Pit can be saved for sequels.
  • I stand firm by my idea for Luigi in Smash.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
rpg.png

Re-did an RPG fighting game roster idea I had a while ago:
1. Chocobo
2. Terra
3. Cloud
4. Sephiroth
5. Slime
6. Erdrick
7. Torneko
8. Frog