• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Unsure what mascot means in this context. An orignal character? I'd say no. But if we're just picking from the rister then it should probably be Prime.
Also, by mascot, I mean picking from the list. The mascot character would essentially be the Mario/Spongebob/Shaggy equivalent; like I said before, all the big platform fighters have one and if we plan to do a large scale game for Hasbro we should probably have one too.
The idea for Hasbro Boy is really interesting, though; reminiscant of how PSAS did Polygon Man, which I like.

Moveset Ideas

I really like the idea PinkFlare PinkFlare posed, I feel we should go for a simple but complex Melee-esque tech movement. Maybe 4 neutral moves, 3 Specials similar to the Smash 64 layout but add some form of a super meter esque gimmick that can make super moves compeititvely viable and such? It fits Hasbro's action based motif.
I think we should have dedicated kill/smash moves as well; I'm not really a fan of how Multiversus got rid of those in favor of more aerials. That's something I prefer Nick Brawl to, really.
(I have an entire critique about Multiversus' movesets really but that's neither here nor there)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Mascots
Seeing as lots of fighting games go down the pair-up route (Smash has Mario and Link, Street Fighter has Ryu and Ken, Multiversus has Batman and Shaggy), I think we should do that as well for Game Night Fight. We'd have a separate submission round to submit pair-ups (though personally I think we should go with a serious character and a goofy character - say, Optimus Prime and Rich Uncle Pennybags)

Moveset
I'm gonna rip off Battle of AGES here because I think it applies just as well to Hasbro. Full moveset pulled from Smash, with a built in super meter that goes 2 levels, an Assist that recharges over time, and an airdash that can go left and right, but not up or down. You can also perform a hitfall, like Rivals of Aether, where attacking an opponent and flicking the stick down while hitstop is still active leads to what's pretty much a faster fastfall. Blocking works like NASB - you can hold it forever, but for it to be successful you have to A) time it well, or B) have it be in the same direction of where the attack is coming from. If you can manage both, you get a parry, which gives you a frame advantage and invulnerability to the hitbox you just parried. There are no grounded dodges. Same amount of ledge options as Smash, and everyone has 1-3 walljumps (depending on how good their Up B is). There are overall more unique movement options like Melee and Project M.

So, to recap, the template would be:
Jab (gentlemen's and rapid)
Down Tilt
Forward Tilt
Up Tilt
Dash Attack
Down Smash
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Neutral Air
Down Air
Forward Air
Up Air
Back Air
Getup Attack
Ledge Attack
Neutral Special
Down Special
Forward Special
Up Special
Super 1 (weaker, 1 bar required)
Super 2 (stronger, both bars required)

TL;DR Smash Ultimate but good

And finally, votes!

1. Monopoly
2. Mr. Boddy's Mansion
3. Castle of Friendship

1. Gelatinous Cube
2. Jace
3. Dungeon Master

I guess I hadn't realized how many times I said the same thing over and over; my apologies.
No problem - I edit my posts all the time for the same reason.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 4
Discussion Day
Day 4 is officially here! Before I go on, I want to get this out the way first. A couple users complained to me about having to make an account to vote; Normally with only 1 or 2 complaints I wouldn't really change a whole lot, but I did notice that the stage vote only had 4 votes, out of about 16 to 17 active users.
I did want to avoid voting by IP address, primarily to benefit users who share the same IP, but it is the easiest option to use that does not require an account, so I'll be going with that from here on.
Both 30 and 50 stages tied on yesterday's poll, with no votes for 12 or 70. I opted to cut those last two and add 40 stages as an option, since it's an intermediate between 30 and 50; Hopefully, this should be a much smoother vote.

Speaking of votes, the title for this thread from here on out will be.... HASBRO GAME NIGHT FIGHT!
Game Night Fight: 23
Hasbrawlers: 14
PlayFight: 12
Power Play: 6
Toy Tussle: 4
Super Brawlers: 3
Hasbro Clash: 3
Hasbro Fighters: 1
I will change the title of this thread tomorrow; I don't want to spoil the new title for those just reading this! But with that said, congratulations to the winner! This title actually dominated the vote fairly well! How do you like the title?
NEW VOTES
And, with two nomination rounds wrapping up yesterday, I think it's time to implement some new votes!

First up, for the Wizards of the Coast characters, we have...
I was a little worried at first with how slow the submissions were, especially with the examples I put up; But, I was expecting to have 7 in total when I put this out, and in the end we managed to pull through with 9! Not a whole lot bigger than my anticipated number but this is a very healthy amount.

Now, for stages! We got quite a few nominations for this:
Just to briefly prove images for submissions that didn't have them:
As usual, vote for your top three, and you cannot put your own in first! I'm thinking that for WotC, the Top 2 will join the roster, and for the stages, we'll add the Top 3
This time, I'll be starting with my votes:

1. Jace
2. Drizzt
3. Tezzert

I kinda want to lean more into the canon characters for this roster than the avatar characters- They just gel better with the roster and their inidividual set of abilities helps make for some very unique movesets.

1. Hungry Hungry Hippos
2. Mr. Boddy's Estate
3. Toybox

Hungry Hippos just sounds like hectic fun- I definitely want this in. I haunted mansion stage like the ones in Smash and Multiversus fits this game very well, and we're unlikely to see it from another franchise in our catalogue other than Clue
NEW JOBS
So I'm going to do it a little different today. The first 3 days have been non-stop nominations, which I think is good, but I want to slow it down since we've already trudged through a lot of major ground. This time, the jobs are going to be more discussion based, but these are important jobs regardless, so I hope you all participate because this will determine a lot of future content we do.

Job: Determine how Movesets will be handled
What will the core gameplay of Game Fight Night be? Will it be floaty and simple like Multiversus, or fast-paced with complexity like Smash? And what will the movesets be like; Carry-over the system from Smash and Multiversus, or make up a new moveset template unique to Hasbro?
If we do a new template, I'd want to aim for something like Smash in terms of complexity. A lot of Hasbro's IP may be for children, but most of them have a large adult fandom with them and a lot of them are action orientated to begin with.
My goal here is to have a moveset template by the end of the day for future jobs, so let's work towards that

Open Discussion: Having a Mascot
Our starting roster already included Hasbro's biggest icons, so this is an appropriate time to ask this. It's a staple of fighting games to have one, so, I would like to ask: Should Hasbro Game Fight Night have one? And if so, who among our roster will it be? Or should we just wait for future rounds, such as the WotC round, to end before deciding on this?

This about wraps it up for today! For tomorrow, major gameplay features will be tackled, so be prepared.
I'll preface this by saying: I'm by no means a D&D buff in the slightest! I've played it like, a few times with friends, but I'm just going from what I know and what seems cool.

1. Bard. Having played a drow bard in a previous campaign (which went about as well as you'd expect), I can say I'm a little biased here. Nonetheless, the various unique abilities and interesting properties of this archetype would make them really fun to play.

2. Dungeon Master. Honestly, this feels like a reeeally weird submission but in an awesome way. Personally, I think they'd be a great boss. A concept I had is that they could potentially use a staff with a glowing D20 at its top, then have certain moves depend on the "roll" you get (a little like Mr. Game and Watch's side special!) I feel like they'd be a ridiculously chaotic force and act as this really meta "villain" archetype, but in a really imaginative way. I'll say this much - I personally think it'd be a lot more fun to see the DM as a new-ish character to this game, someone who could take inspiration from something like an isekai or the like and be an otherwise normal person with the ability to control the dungeons or something. I think the Toei inspiration is really inspired though, so that's just my own personal take.

3. **** it, Gelatinous Cube. As much as this seems like a bit of a ****post, there's a lot of legacy behind this kind of character - with them being one of the only fantasy archetypes really introduced through D&D specifically. Like, sure, we'd had films like The Blob beforehand, but D&D really introduced the idea. It might be a self vote, but I think the Gelatinous Cube would be a surprisingly solid addition that nearly everyone who's played D&D will have at least some experience with.

1. Toybox. If we were to have a Battlefield-esque stage, this makes perfect sense - but it'd also be an awesome way to represent other aspects of Hasbro we might not have seen otherwise! Picture, for example: Monopoly's NES cartridge in the background, or perhaps some really obscure Hasbro toys that wouldn't be represented in any other way.
2. Jenga. In no timeline would this ever be tournament-legal, but it would be incredibly fun. The concept of the stage constantly growing in height as new blocks are placed atop it would be really fun.
3. Mr. Boddy's Estate. Who doesn't love a murder mystery?

Movesets: Eh, I don't really have much to add here. I think it'd be cool to have taunts included, though.

Mascot: The Hasbro Boy submission sounds like a solid pick, but if you were looking for a Ryu-type character, then the obvious pick would be either Optimus or Twilight. Maybe both!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 5
Results Day
Believe it or not, we've officially made it 5 days into the thread! 🎉
Right on Dec. 1st too, meaning we're reaching right into the Holidays; Remember to stock up on Hasbro toys for your loved ones!

Alright, so, I wanted to start off with the results yesterday's vote; There were 3 of them, which was a lot of polling, so I thank ya'll for bearing with me.
Our stage amount has officially been decided; I suppose it was a good thing I held a repoll, because the results I think are much more to everyone's taste this time around than last time. Officially, we will be having...
Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 8.05.45 AM.png
That's right, 40!!! Given our large character roster, I think this is an appropriate amount, and should lead us to having quite a lot of series represented which I hope is the case. From now on, strawpoll votes will be IP Address based, so you don't have to vote with an account. I hope this encourages more of ya'll to participate in these, though I'll try not to have them too often regardless.

So, now that we have our limit of 40 stages... what will the first 3 be?? Everyone, I present to you the top 3 winners of the stage poll:
The Toybox
Monopoly Board
Battleship
Believe it or not, these were the only stages to reach double digits in the votes! Congratulations to FazDude FazDude , KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , and... me, I suppose!
Toybox: 16
Monopoly: 12
Battleship: 11
Hungry Hungry Hippos: 7
Jenga: 6
Mr. Boddy's Estate: 5
Cybertron (Traveling): 4
Autobot Base: 3
Cybertron (Fixed): 1
Castle of Friendship: 1
Command Center: 0
I considered putting Toybox in as the first (and only) default stage, since the entire concept is for it to be default; I didn't really expect it to be a popular idea in the votes, but surprisingly, majority of people were on the same page as me!
There are quite a few other surprises regarding this vote's placements; Although, for those disappointed that their ideas did not win, rest assures, there is a guarantee that all these ideas will be revisited in the thread!

And now, for the big thing, and a topic of a little debate: The WotC Character results!
As I expected, the winners were each from D&D and Magic, so both of those series are represented right off the bat; This is kind of why I didn't do individual votes, on top of there already being 3 other voting rounds going on. But I digress; Without further ado, the winners are...
Jace Beleren, of Magic: The Gathering! (Yes, we've been misspelling his name the whole time, apparently). At 19 votes, he topped the poll!

And for second place, at 16 votes, and the result I'm sure you're all eager to see resolved, is...
Drizzt Do'Urden!
Believe it or not, nobody came close to these two in the polls; Once again, good intuition on my part to do the top 2.
Jace: 19
Drizzt: 16
Dungeon Master: 9
Gelatinous Cube: 8
The Bard: 8
Tezzeret: 3
Venger: 2
The Rogue: 2
Nico Bolas: 0
This results may surprise some people; Believe me, I checked the list, counted it twice, and these two were the top contenders. From a certain perspective, this makes sense; These are the most popular named characters from both respective franchises and would absolutely be first in line for canon representation.

For D&D, however, there is a bit of debate here and I can already sense oncoming disappointment. I've thought about this since I counted the votes, since the avatar characters are such a huge part of what makes Dungeons & Dragons. I did actually come up with an idea for a character, though a rather unorthodox one (in comparison to the rest of the roster); I'm not quite sure whether to make a job dedicated to discussing it or simply leave it as a character nomination for the future. But, either way, I do have plans to revisit WotC and this D&D debate, so just be weary that this is not the definitive end.
YESTERDAY'S DISCUSSIONS
So, for yesterday's discussions, we had a few ideas come up, though I don't think a general consensus was come to, so I will try to amend that here.

The big thing I want to resolve is movesets, because movesets jobs are 100% going to happen. So far, super meters seem to be agreed upon, so that will be a given! Features such as taunts, grabs and directional air dodge I think will also be a given, mostly since they don't directly affect the core moveset (so for those who requested those, you're in luck)
For the core movesets, we've had two main ideas brought up:
Moveset Ideas

I really like the idea PinkFlare PinkFlare posed, I feel we should go for a simple but complex Melee-esque tech movement. Maybe 4 neutral moves, 3 Specials similar to the Smash 64 layout but add some form of a super meter esque gimmick that can make super moves compeititvely viable and such? It fits Hasbro's action based motif.
Moveset
I'm gonna rip off Battle of AGES here because I think it applies just as well to Hasbro. Full moveset pulled from Smash, with a built in super meter that goes 2 levels, an Assist that recharges over time, and an airdash that can go left and right, but not up or down. You can also perform a hitfall, like Rivals of Aether, where attacking an opponent and flicking the stick down while hitstop is still active leads to what's pretty much a faster fastfall. Blocking works like NASB - you can hold it forever, but for it to be successful you have to A) time it well, or B) have it be in the same direction of where the attack is coming from. If you can manage both, you get a parry, which gives you a frame advantage and invulnerability to the hitbox you just parried. There are no grounded dodges. Same amount of ledge options as Smash, and everyone has 1-3 walljumps (depending on how good their Up B is). There are overall more unique movement options like Melee and Project M.

So, to recap, the template would be:
Jab (gentlemen's and rapid)
Down Tilt
Forward Tilt
Up Tilt
Dash Attack
Down Smash
Forward Smash
Up Smash
Neutral Air
Down Air
Forward Air
Up Air
Back Air
Getup Attack
Ledge Attack
Neutral Special
Down Special
Forward Special
Up Special
Super 1 (weaker, 1 bar required)
Super 2 (stronger, both bars required)

TL;DR Smash Ultimate but good
I feel some more tweaking of both ideas is good. Altered's idea of doing a Smash 64 style moveset sounds good on paper, though I think some key things such as kill moves are still in order.
I don't want to directly copy Smash, but what Janx presented is still the most thorough idea here. Perhaps not every character should have a walljumps, limiting airdodge is a bit silly, but the 2 meters is probably the best way to handle such an idea.

I am going to leave this discussion open for more... uh, discussion, but with focus on these 2 ideas. Though, if you have a 3rd idea in mind, go for it.
At the very least, it seems to be in accordance that the action is fast paced with a layer of complexity for increased competitive viability, so that will be the core of what the gameplay is.

Now, for Mascots, we've also had 2 main ideas come up. Either picking from the roster and making the mascot an approachable shoto character, or introducing a new mascot-specific character, that being AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Hasbro Boy; The latter of which could either be a new playable character or an NPC with an overseer element, ala Playstation All-Stars' Polygon Man. That last one has a bit of story element to it, which I think would tie in well to today's job, so I'm going to hold off on the idea- many people seemed to want to wait, anyway. Speaking of today's jobs...
NEW JOBS
Open Discussion: Today's Winners!
What did you think of the new stages and characters? What do you hope to see from them in the future? And while we're at it, what will the specific gimmick of the Stages be?
I'm likely to add descriptions for these stages in the front tab, so hopefully we can discuss some ideas beyond having flat boards.

Job: Nominate Game Modes!
This is going to be a fairly big deal, so I hope to get some good ideas. Right now, all we have is a Vs. Mode, which is added by default. Anything else is on the table, here; Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Boss Rush, Party Mode, Stamina Mode, Tower of Hell, Collectible Gallery/Photography, etc.
If you do plan on nominating a story mode, I do ask that you include a synopsis for what a potential story could look like. A separate job is possible, though

Yesterday's Moveset Discussion is still open!

That's about all for today. These current jobs will determine future jobs, so just keep that in mind!
Tomorrow will also have another nomination job, though whether for characters or, something else, I still have not yet decided.

For now, happy nominating!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Pretty happy with our new stages - We've got the FD and Battlefield layouts covered with Toybox and Monopoly respectively, and I really liked Knee's submission for Battleship. Also glad to see Jace get in.

Now, as for game modes I'd like to see...
  • Arcade Mode
    • A basic arcade ladder. The way I like to do them is three rounds, followed by a bonus round, followed by three more rounds, followed by a boss. I'd be down to have a few jobs to nominate specific bosses.
  • Stamina Mode
    • Nothing more to add here, really.
  • Party Mode
    • The way I'm envisioning this is similar to the Custom Smash mode, with a bunch of different parameters to customize the match.
  • A mode like Smash Tour
    • Okay, hear me out on this one. Given how this game's based around a company most famous for their board games, we should have a board game mode in this game.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Pretty happy with our new stages - We've got the FD and Battlefield layouts covered with Toybox and Monopoly respectively, and I really liked Knee's submission for Battleship. Also glad to see Jace get in.

Now, as for game modes I'd like to see...
  • Arcade Mode
    • A basic arcade ladder. The way I like to do them is three rounds, followed by a bonus round, followed by three more rounds, followed by a boss. I'd be down to have a few jobs to nominate specific bosses.
  • Stamina Mode
    • Nothing more to add here, really.
  • Party Mode
    • The way I'm envisioning this is similar to the Custom Smash mode, with a bunch of different parameters to customize the match.
  • A mode like Smash Tour
    • Okay, hear me out on this one. Given how this game's based around a company most famous for their board games, we should have a board game mode in this game.
Probably should've clarified but it's one nomination per user; Pick one to nominate and I'm positive people will pick the rest

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
TABLETOP MODE!
Would be very similar to Smash Tour where players move in a tabletop board, there are different squares where you can either gain or lose advantages that you will need when you fight against others, there are battles during the rounds when two players end in the same square and a final massive battle at the end of the game using anything they have!​

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
Pretty content with what has been added, Toybox and Monopoly make good Final Destination and Battlefield equivalents as others have said.

Extra Mode for Hasbro Game Night Fight:

Hasbro Toy Museum and Archives

Basically, this will be the Trophies combined with Masterpieces and such. Here, you get to view various toys of the Hasbro IPs throughout the years. You'll even get to watch episodes/short films/toy commercials/etc. of past Hasbro IPs that recieved tv shows, direct-to-home video series, etc.

The trophies would be various toys and board games from Hasbro's years even printed ads and promo posters from back then can be included. Heck, we can maybe even feature the crossovers these brands have had with non-Hasbro IPs if that is allowed and such. If not, we can stick to solely Hasbro's history here.

It's like the PBS Kids Archives in my own game PBS Kids: Brawltime! but with trophies as well. A celebration of Hasbro's history right here.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 5
Voting Day
Believe it or not, we've officially made it 5 days into the thread! 🎉
Right on Dec. 1st too, meaning we're reaching right into the Holidays; Remember to stock up on Hasbro toys for your loved ones!

Alright, so, I wanted to start off with the results yesterday's vote; There were 3 of them, which was a lot of polling, so I thank ya'll for bearing with me.
Our stage amount has officially been decided; I suppose it was a good thing I held a repoll, because the results I think are much more to everyone's taste this time around than last time. Officially, we will be having...
That's right, 40!!! Given our large character roster, I think this is an appropriate amount, and should lead us to having quite a lot of series represented which I hope is the case. From now on, strawpoll votes will be IP Address based, so you don't have to vote with an account. I hope this encourages more of ya'll to participate in these, though I'll try not to have them too often regardless.

So, now that we have our limit of 40 stages... what will the first 3 be?? Everyone, I present to you the top 3 winners of the stage poll:
The Toybox
Monopoly Board
Battleship
Believe it or not, these were the only stages to reach double digits in the votes! Congratulations to FazDude FazDude , KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 , and... me, I suppose!
Toybox: 16
Monopoly: 12
Battleship: 11
Hungry Hungry Hippos: 7
Jenga: 6
Mr. Boddy's Estate: 5
Cybertron (Traveling): 4
Autobot Base: 3
Cybertron (Fixed): 1
Castle of Friendship: 1
Command Center: 0
I considered putting Toybox in as the first (and only) default stage, since the entire concept is for it to be default; I didn't really expect it to be a popular idea in the votes, but surprisingly, majority of people were on the same page as me!
There are quite a few other surprises regarding this vote's placements; Although, for those disappointed that their ideas did not win, rest assures, there is a guarantee that all these ideas will be revisited in the thread!

And now, for the big thing, and a topic of a little debate: The WotC Character results!
As I expected, the winners were each from D&D and Magic, so both of those series are represented right off the bat; This is kind of why I didn't do individual votes, on top of there already being 3 other voting rounds going on. But I digress; Without further ado, the winners are...
Jace Beleren, of Magic: The Gathering! (Yes, we've been misspelling his name the whole time, apparently). At 19 votes, he topped the poll!

And for second place, at 16 votes, and the result I'm sure you're all eager to see resolved, is...
Drizzt Do'Urden!
Believe it or not, nobody came close to these two in the polls; Once again, good intuition on my part to do the top 2.
Jace: 19
Drizzt: 16
Dungeon Master: 9
Gelatinous Cube: 8
The Bard: 8
Tezzeret: 3
Venger: 2
The Rogue: 2
Nico Bolas: 0
This results may surprise some people; Believe me, I checked the list, counted it twice, and these two were the top contenders. From a certain perspective, this makes sense; These are the most popular named characters from both respective franchises and would absolutely be first in line for canon representation.

For D&D, however, there is a bit of debate here and I can already sense oncoming disappointment. I've thought about this since I counted the votes, since the avatar characters are such a huge part of what makes Dungeons & Dragons. I did actually come up with an idea for a character, though a rather unorthodox one (in comparison to the rest of the roster); I'm not quite sure whether to make a job dedicated to discussing it or simply leave it as a character nomination for the future. But, either way, I do have plans to revisit WotC and this D&D debate, so just be weary that this is not the definitive end.
YESTERDAY'S DISCUSSIONS
So, for yesterday's discussions, we had a few ideas come up, though I don't think a general consensus was come to, so I will try to amend that here.

The big thing I want to resolve is movesets, because movesets jobs are 100% going to happen. So far, super meters seem to be agreed upon, so that will be a given! Features such as taunts, grabs and directional air dodge I think will also be a given, mostly since they don't directly affect the core moveset (so for those who requested those, you're in luck)
For the core movesets, we've had two main ideas brought up:

I feel some more tweaking of both ideas is good. Altered's idea of doing a Smash 64 style moveset sounds good on paper, though I think some key things such as kill moves are still in order.
I don't want to directly copy Smash, but what Janx presented is still the most thorough idea here. Perhaps not every character should have a walljumps, limiting airdodge is a bit silly, but the 2 meters is probably the best way to handle such an idea.

I am going to leave this discussion open for more... uh, discussion, but with focus on these 2 ideas. Though, if you have a 3rd idea in mind, go for it.
At the very least, it seems to be in accordance that the action is fast paced with a layer of complexity for increased competitive viability, so that will be the core of what the gameplay is.

Now, for Mascots, we've also had 2 main ideas come up. Either picking from the roster and making the mascot an approachable shoto character, or introducing a new mascot-specific character, that being AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's Hasbro Boy; The latter of which could either be a new playable character or an NPC with an overseer element, ala Playstation All-Stars' Polygon Man. That last one has a bit of story element to it, which I think would tie in well to today's job, so I'm going to hold off on the idea- many people seemed to want to wait, anyway. Speaking of today's jobs...
NEW JOBS
Open Discussion: Today's Winners!
What did you think of the new stages and characters? What do you hope to see from them in the future? And while we're at it, what will the specific gimmick of the Stages be?
I'm likely to add descriptions for these stages in the front tab, so hopefully we can discuss some ideas beyond having flat boards.

Job: Nominate Game Modes!
This is going to be a fairly big deal, so I hope to get some good ideas. Right now, all we have is a Vs. Mode, which is added by default. Anything else is on the table, here; Story Mode, Arcade Mode, Boss Rush, Party Mode, Stamina Mode, Tower of Hell, Collectible Gallery/Photography, etc.
If you do plan on nominating a story mode, I do ask that you include a synopsis for what a potential story could look like. A separate job is possible, though

Yesterday's Moveset Discussion is still open!

That's about all for today. These current jobs will determine future jobs, so just keep that in mind!
Tomorrow will also have another nomination job, though whether for characters or, something else, I still have not yet decided.

For now, happy nominating!
Bit of an odd one from me, but I think a Photo Mode would be an awesome inclusion. Picture it a little like an expansion of Ultimate's photo mode - controls for each frame, the ability to toggle effects, and even more overlays and special effects are a given, but perhaps the ability to also record short videos and post them to different social media platforms would be useful too. (Also, it should be accessible in Training Mode too!) You'd be able to look back on your photos and videos through a gallery of sorts, and it'd be a great way to get some funny, cute, or awesome media coming out of the game.

As a side note: I think it'd be awesome to include something else with this - a media presence similar to Sakurai's Image of the Day! Having various different comedic or interesting scenarios showcased through this medium feels like a really interesting way to both promote the game and interact with it in unique ways, and having potential competitions with different photo prompts to potentially be included on Image of the Day would be awesome too!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
In the latest bit of Hasbro news:
A trailer for this film finally released, after having been announced in 2020 and then being delayed a full year.

I had been pre-planning for an entire week of Transformers-related jobs for this thread (not soon, but later) so this trailer could not have come at a better time. Familiarize yourself with these characters :)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
All-Versus-One Mode

this mode is similar to All-Star Mode from Super Smash Bros. Games,this mode the character player fight against all fighters from the game in chronological order (the oldest character to newest character),but it's 6 against one per round,after the character player KO the 6 opponents, the character player is summoned by a peaceful place showing the next 6 fighters, a teleporter for the next round and 3 healing items.

i see the Jace render is just a card, here's a render better for Jace

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
STORY MODE
It was an ordinary day in the universes of Hasbro, with an ordinary game of Dungeons & Dragons going on... yet played by one extraordinary being. Hasbro Boy, the young child of the family that overseers the Hasbro Multiverse, started up a campaign set in the realm of the Planescape campaign setting; Letting his imagination run wild, he decided to incorporate characters and locales from Hasbro's catalogue for the ultimate game of action and adventure; Unfortunately, as a cosmic multiversal overseer, this lead to drastic consequences. The portals linking different worlds together became real, and the worlds of Hasbro began colliding as if they were one and the same; Everything broke loose, and now heroes, villains and neutrals began clashing with one another. Ancient evils from each universe sought to seize this opportunity, all playing second fiddle to an entity not even Hasbro Boy could stop; one whose hunger knows no bounds. Can the Heroes of Hasbro save themselves across one hectic crossover adventure? Only you can determine so.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 6
Nomination Day
What's today- Wednesday, right? Thursday? FRIDAY!? Wow, time really flies. Feels like only a few days ago this thread started.
But no seriously, I keep logging onto this thread and thinking it's only Day 3 or 4. We're on Day 6, people! And the progress has been astounding. Thanks to all of you.
But okay, okay. Let's start.
NEW VOTES
First thing's first; there wasn't much discussion about the movesets yesterday. However, I think a key takeaway from this is that nobody really has more moveset ideas, so...
We're going to make a clear-cut decision right now, and decide on a moveset template between AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's and Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's submissions. For Altered Beasts, I'm going to say that kill moves and aerials will be a part of that template (it kind of makes sense), so atleast that way the playing field is a bit even between the two submissions.
Either way, vote for which of the two you wanna see, and this will get the ball rolling on moveset jobs (I really wanna do an Optimus moveset). Remember, we're doing by IP address now, so no account is needed!

And now for the Game Modes.
Honestly, I was actually really tempted to go in and add... all of them, at once. None of these are really comparable to eachother and we have no reason to limit ourselves on game modes; But, this is determinant for future jobs. Collectibles, Bosses (upcoming), and Rivals (if we decide to) will all revolve around what modes are added here.
My primary goal is to add all of them at some point, but for now, the top 3 Game Modes will be added first, and we'll see from there which ones gets the first jobs. So...
Vote for your top 3, and you can't put your own in first. I'll start us off:

1. Arcade Mode
2. Tabletop Mode
3. All-Star Mode

Maybe I'll do the top 4. I don't know. BUT, game modes will 100% be revisited in the future, at least until we run out of ideas. So if your idea doesn't win this time, don't worry!
NEW JOBS
I'm going to tell you a little story. Back in 1980, a toyline called Diaclone was created in Japan- these were a series of transforming toys that converted from robots to vehicles; This was followed by a toyline named MicroChange: A series of transforming toys that turned from robots to handheld items.
In 1983 to 1984, Hasbro had found a massive success with G.I. Joe, which they had also licensed out to Takara in the 1970s. But they were looking for something new, so they approached Takara. And boy oh boy, those transforming toys sure were interesting.
After licensing out the toys created by Takara and other Japanese companies, Hasbro started a mass marketing campaign in the 80's revolved around a new IP that these toys would now be branded under. The franchise is called Transformers, though you probably haven't heard of it.
This ended up being an even more massive success- and a permanent business partnership between two international companies was formed, one that still continues on to this day. The Transformers fandom refers to this permanent partnership as HasTak; and this is a back and forth partnership between all their IPs. At the end of the day, they're separate companies, but many brands would not exist in many parts of the world without their cooperation, and it is for that reason that the name Takara is held in high regards within the walls of Hasbro.

At this rate, you can likely tell what today's primary job is.
Job: Nominate a Takara-Tomy character!
I was on the fence about this since it's not technically Hasbro, but many IPs are shared and licensed between the two very frequently, and the company hardly exists outside of Japan so it isn't a direct rival either, in the same way Mattel or Lego is. For this reason, I opted to define the inclusion of Takara-owned IPs as second-party, and make them eligible for this project. This opens up the door for many IPs that otherwise would not see inclusion, so I think this works out in the end.
This is a list of Takara products that have been released over the years- I ask that you stay away from IPs they don't own such as MHA, but otherwise, anything is on the table here!

I'm expecting this to be a bit more of a low calibre job, but we'll see how many nominations there are by the end of the day.

That's all I have for today, believe it or not! Between the votes and character nominations, this should be fairly active for the thread. For the weekend, however, some much bigger jobs will be coming, so stay tuned for tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Arcade Mode
2. Tabletop Mode
3. Party Mode

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Arcade Mode
2. Tabletop Mode
3. Museum and Archives

I feel all the modes nominated should be added eventually and we should have seperate jobs dedicated to the story mode.

Takara-Tomy character:

Microman

170px-Magne_Power_Microman_001_Arthur_Number_1.jpg

Originally, I was going to submit a Furby but I wanted to go for a more deep-cut pick. Basically, Microman was a science fiction toyline created by Takara that was manufactured and marketed from 1974-1984 and then from 1998-2007. When they were adapted in the US, Microman was the basis for the Micronauts in the US, small robot machines that lived on Micro Earth. However, when they go to the real Earth, they are disguised as action figures. Technically, he would double as both a Microman and a somewhat Micronauts rep. I can imagine his moveset being based around his size as a gimmick being one of the more smaller fighters and the liking, a size gimmick maybe. There's currently a love-action Micronauts movie in the works but it's in production hell so I feel Microman is the perfect legacy/promotional pick for this game and a great Takara-Tomy rep to represent a more niche Hasbro IP.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Arcade Mode
2. Tabletop Mode
3. Museum and Archives

I feel all the modes nominated should be added eventually and we should have seperate jobs dedicated to the story mode.
I agree with this. I'm mostly just doing the vote so we can do jobs based on what the top modes are, and then once we sift through those well enough we can add more modes.
If I did go in and add all of them like I almost did, Story Mode would have been a separate poll since it's a bit more complicated than just a new fighting mode. I do hope my pitch for the actual story was enticing, though! Your idea for Hasbro Boy really fit into a narrative I think would work well and establish him as the primary mascot

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Bumblebee (Transformers)

BumblebeeHIRES.jpg

Bumblebee is the main character from Transformers,he is a robot that turns into a car and he's a Autobots member.

Bumblebee is the iconic Transformers character,beside Optimus Prime and Megatron,also Bumblebee woud be the first second rep on Hasbro game night fight

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure if this counts, since it's from a Transformers spin-off, but I'm not sure how much of a hand Takara-Tomy had in it. (going by the wiki, they did produce the toys for the Japanese market)

Megatron

...but not the one that you're likely thinking of.

The main antagonist of Beast Wars, and named after the infamous Decepticon leader, Megatron is the leader of the Predacons. He is dedicated, cunning, and fanatically obsessed, willing to wipe out all of time and space if it means that the Maximals or Autobots lose, even if he's destroyed in the process. However, his habit of gloating can be his downfall. He's a skilled schemer, which is a trait shared among many of the Predacons, much to his annoyance. He'd prefer to have mindless drones working for him who would obey orders without ulterior motives.

Unlike the G1 version, who traditionally turns into a gun, this Megatron turns into a T. Rex. I feel like that's enough justification as it is - plus, it lets this roster represent a wider variety of Transformers content.

Last edited:
Character submission:
Omnibot 5042
1670000652485.png
Omnibot 5042 is a robot made by TOMY made in mid-1980's and it comes from one of successful robot lines by the company. It was announced with expectations of restoring the interest in robots.
There is an advanced version of the robot called Omnibot 2000 and didn't had the plastic over it's head.
After the video game crash of 1983, the Omnibot line stopped being produced but it was revived in the early 2000's under a name: "I-Sobot".

I know he would be a weird choice for the game, but at least he had a history with the aforementioned company. Heck, it's design influenced other robot characters like 80's Robit from Muppets and R.O.B. from Nintendo (however, he was loosely based on R2-D2 from Star Wars).

For his moveset, he would have very similar moveset to R.O.B. due to having a similar to design to ROB. Plus he could use other TOMY toys to attack.
He would be small, but mid-heavyweight Zoner character that doesn't have any additional moveset options.

Despite being a lesser known TOMY product, he had a huge part in it's history since it was made for the interest of robots with advanced AI.
Plus, we could have another oddball pick alongside Mr. Potato head in our roster if Omnibot was in.

Votes:
1. Story mode
2. Arcade
3. Museum and Archives

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
DAY 6
Nomination Day
What's today- Wednesday, right? Thursday? FRIDAY!? Wow, time really flies. Feels like only a few days ago this thread started.
But no seriously, I keep logging onto this thread and thinking it's only Day 3 or 4. We're on Day 6, people! And the progress has been astounding. Thanks to all of you.
But okay, okay. Let's start.
NEW VOTES
First thing's first; there wasn't much discussion about the movesets yesterday. However, I think a key takeaway from this is that nobody really has more moveset ideas, so...
We're going to make a clear-cut decision right now, and decide on a moveset template between AlteredBeast AlteredBeast 's and Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's submissions. For Altered Beasts, I'm going to say that kill moves and aerials will be a part of that template (it kind of makes sense), so atleast that way the playing field is a bit even between the two submissions.
Either way, vote for which of the two you wanna see, and this will get the ball rolling on moveset jobs (I really wanna do an Optimus moveset). Remember, we're doing by IP address now, so no account is needed!

And now for the Game Modes.
Honestly, I was actually really tempted to go in and add... all of them, at once. None of these are really comparable to eachother and we have no reason to limit ourselves on game modes; But, this is determinant for future jobs. Collectibles, Bosses (upcoming), and Rivals (if we decide to) will all revolve around what modes are added here.
My primary goal is to add all of them at some point, but for now, the top 3 Game Modes will be added first, and we'll see from there which ones gets the first jobs. So...
Vote for your top 3, and you can't put your own in first. I'll start us off:

1. Arcade Mode
2. Tabletop Mode
3. All-Star Mode

Maybe I'll do the top 4. I don't know. BUT, game modes will 100% be revisited in the future, at least until we run out of ideas. So if your idea doesn't win this time, don't worry!
NEW JOBS
I'm going to tell you a little story. Back in 1980, a toyline called Diaclone was created in Japan- these were a series of transforming toys that converted from robots to vehicles; This was followed by a toyline named MicroChange: A series of transforming toys that turned from robots to handheld items.
In 1983 to 1984, Hasbro had found a massive success with G.I. Joe, which they had also licensed out to Takara in the 1970s. But they were looking for something new, so they approached Takara. And boy oh boy, those transforming toys sure were interesting.
After licensing out the toys created by Takara and other Japanese companies, Hasbro started a mass marketing campaign in the 80's revolved around a new IP that these toys would now be branded under. The franchise is called Transformers, though you probably haven't heard of it.
This ended up being an even more massive success- and a permanent business partnership between two international companies was formed, one that still continues on to this day. The Transformers fandom refers to this permanent partnership as HasTak; and this is a back and forth partnership between all their IPs. At the end of the day, they're separate companies, but many brands would not exist in many parts of the world without their cooperation, and it is for that reason that the name Takara is held in high regards within the walls of Hasbro.

At this rate, you can likely tell what today's primary job is.
Job: Nominate a Takara-Tomy character!
I was on the fence about this since it's not technically Hasbro, but many IPs are shared and licensed between the two very frequently, and the company hardly exists outside of Japan so it isn't a direct rival either, in the same way Mattel or Lego is. For this reason, I opted to define the inclusion of Takara-owned IPs as second-party, and make them eligible for this project. This opens up the door for many IPs that otherwise would not see inclusion, so I think this works out in the end.
This is a list of Takara products that have been released over the years- I ask that you stay away from IPs they don't own such as MHA, but otherwise, anything is on the table here!

I'm expecting this to be a bit more of a low calibre job, but we'll see how many nominations there are by the end of the day.

That's all I have for today, believe it or not! Between the votes and character nominations, this should be fairly active for the thread. For the weekend, however, some much bigger jobs will be coming, so stay tuned for tomorrow.
Can I chose someone from the Kingdom Hearts Trading Cards?

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Can I chose someone from the Kingdom Hearts Trading Cards?
If it's a KH original character then I'm gonna say no. Sorry

Edit: Just to clarify, if they weren't created by TT it's a no-go

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tyson_Granger.png

Tyson Granger

Bayblades are an iconic toy. Tyson could have a moveset making use of bayblades. He's the protagnist of the orignal seires and it's sequals. He was already in TV dreammix world fighters fighters with prime and megatron so theres some history there

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
View attachment 364582
Tyson Granger

Bayblades are an iconic toy. Tyson could have a moveset making use of bayblades. He's the protagnist of the orignal seires and it's sequals. He was already in TV dreammix world fighters fighters with prime and megatron so theres some history there
Thank you for nominating this so I didn't have to

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
SPECIAL CHARACTER PRESENTATION
This is gonna be a separate posting from both today's jobs and the Takara-Tomy nominations; This character will also be determined in via a strawpoll and will be separate from the upcoming Takara vote as well.

I wanted to get this idea out there as soon as I could; I feel as if there was some disappointment with how the previous D&D results, and I want to address that canon characters don't have to be the norm going forward; I didn't anticipate Drizzt to crush the vote, and I notice there was a lot of want for avatar classes to appear anyhow. I read over Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's post on including Avatar classes; truth be told, I'm an outsider to D&D, only played 2 or so rounds in a single campaign in a D&D club back in High School. Before COVID, mind you. So yeah; most of my familiarity does indeed come from canon material that I've gotten into since researching the Hasbro IPs a while ago, and that was my angle for this roster. But D&D is an avatar based game and I feel like the takeaway being canon characters will always be the preference shouldn't be the case, which is why I had this exact idea.

I'm going to let you all know, this is a really unorthodox character given our roster, including the Takara-Tomy nominations. I thought about saving this for when it was eligible as a character nomination, but with the character jobs I have lined up (yes, I already planned out what the next several character jobs will be), that won't be for a while. If I did save them for all the way later, and nominated them then, there's a chance that they would have overshadowed all the other nominations this is specifically taking after, which isn't fair, and I also want to give credit to multiple users on this one because that's really what this fighter is doing. This may seem like an odd time for this to come up, so I apologize for that, but note that this won't affect anything else going on right now.
So, the character idea I have here is:
D&D CUSTOMIZABLE AVATAR
This is a 3-in-1 customizable fighter in the same vein as Smash's Mii Fighters; In fact, the idea is based directly off of this. If D&D is all about customizable avatars, an fighter based around customizing it's appearance, class and attacks seems the most fitting for what can be done in a Hasbro game; Background experience, point bonuses and the like won't be present as that's not really adaptable to a platfighter, and weapons will likely be pretermined based on the class. Speaking of which, I did say this is a 3-in-1 character; The idea here is that the player can choose between D&D's 3 most popular classes as the basis for a fighter, and it will determine the moveset and playstyle chosen.
The Bard
Nominated by Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
A trickplay based fighter based around rhythm based timing to apply magic and effects on the battlefield​
The Rouge
Nominated by Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
A rushdown, assassin level character; acting as a glass canon with high damage output and stealth based movement options​
???

The preference is for each class to have their own set of special customizable moves, but still revolve around a core playstyle predetermined by the class. I went straight for the 2 classes that were nominated in past rounds, but I'm not quite sure what the 3rd would be. If this character gets in a separate job can be saved for this; I would prefer for it to not be a Fighter or Ranger since Drizzt already covers those, and to stay away from wizards since Jace (and possibly future characters) will fill that niche.

Another main feature would be customizing their race, gender, appearance, what have you; All based on the classic D&D races, and again, in the same vein as Smash's Mii Fighters.

While technically this is a 3-in-1 character and the Miis themselves are counted a separate fighters, I don't want this character to take 3 slots on our roster as it's unfair to those who will nominate in the future. Instead, this will be counted a single fighter.
This is a poll for it right here; A very simple yes or no answer on whether it should be included or not.

This is all I have as of now; Day 7 will proceed as planned. A character nomination round is happening in an hour, but not for playable ones.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 7
First Week!
As of this posting, this thread is officially one. Week. OLD!
I don't know what the Vector Club is but of course some cake is in order! Go on, grab a slice.
But seriously, it's been a week and we have made stellar progress so far. I look forward to several more weeks as we go on; I have to say, it feels like everyday this thread outpaces my expectations, so thank you to all.

Now, onto the results of yesterday's votes!
RESULTS
First off, the moveset template has officially been decided!
Between the two presented templates, the one we will be going with is... Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 's AGES style moveset!
I didn't want to copy Smash 1 for 1, but there are quite a few changes made here that I can surely get behind, especially in regards to the two meter special move.
I've decided that moveset jobs will start on week 2, but they are officially coming now! Thank you to those who nominated and voted.

Now, onto the results for the Game Modes; Since this isn't character or stage based, I will just post the votes outright.
Party Mode: 1
Photo Mode: 1
All-Star Mode: 3
Museum & Archives: 4
Story Mode: 6
Tabletop: 8
Arcade Mode: 19!!​
Admittedly, this was a huge first place stomp, but an Arcade mode was bound to happen at some point; Tabletop mode is also a really nice addition, given Hasbro is a board game company this will fit much more nicely than Smash Tour.
Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
I am very, very tempted to just go ahead and add all these modes, but I want to stick to my word, so only the top 3 will be focused on right now. Plenty of future game mode jobs are coming, so we will definitely circle back to all these ideas.
NEW VOTES
So, since we've only had one job yesterday, there's only one vote to wrap up. Truth be told I only expected 5 nominations... we ended on 8! Once again, we outperformed. Granted, some of the nominations are mostly gags but hey I'll take what I can get!
Unfortunately, I never had the time to do proper research on a franchise I was eyeing up for this job: B-Daman, a marble-based franchise similar to Beyblade with origins relating to Bomberman. But, this aside, these are our 8 nominations! As usual, vote for your top 3, and you can't place your own in first!

1. Tyson
2. Microman
3. Bumblebee​
Whilst I love the Transformers, I voted for Tyson and Microman first since I want some other IPs, mainly TT ones, to win this round; This is just my personal preference, but the roster is large enough for all these renominations to come up eventually.
Microman himself is pretty interesting. We've never had a micro-sized fighter in a platfighter before, have we?

I'm expecting only the top winner to get in, but given that we have 8 submissions, I will do the top 2 if the vote is close enough for that. Otherwise, happy voting!
NEW JOBS
With the additions of both Arcade and Story mode, this now ties in perfectly to a job I was planning. I really wanted this week to go out on a bang, and aside from characters, there really is only one major bang I can think off to do so.

Job: Nominate any Boss character!
That's right! We are officially moving onto boss characters! Given the prompts for Arcade and Story both have bosses, this seems fitting, and I planned on having multiple anyway.
I'm not sure how to do the vote yet; I was thinking that, while I'll include multiple bosses, the top winner will be the final boss of story mode and hence the main boss (i.e. the Galeem/Dharkon equivalent) but we'll see.
As of right now, any character you see fitting as a major boss fight is on the table, no matter what franchise (Hasbro or Tomy) they originate from. Go on, what are you waiting for?

Job: Nominate a board design for Tabletop mode!
I figured two game mode related jobs were in order, so why not go ahead and get those in! Nominate a design for possible game boards for Tabletop mode; Smash Tour's designs were... generically bad, so we have plenty of room to improve here! Keep in mind that this will not affect ideas for future stages.

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of week 2; I plan on it being a slower day, mostly to reflect on the progress we've made, so I made sure the two jobs for today were plentiful. Happy nominating!

Last edited:
Top Bottom