• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hasbro Game Night FIGHT! - The Final Season

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 3
Nomination Day!
It has officially been a full day since yesterday's voting! I know you're all excited to see who the winners are, so let's go ahead and get that out of the way!

So, our first place winner, by a whopping 29 votes, is...
Rich Uncle Pennybags! I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise; Out of 16 users who voted, 14 of them had him in their top 3, and for good reason! He is definitely the face of Hasbro's board game department and an icon in their line-up.

And for second place we have... a two-way tie!? Luckily, I had promised beforehand that the top 3 will win the round, so both of these characters, at 17 votes each, will join our roster!
Snake Eyes!
Mr. Potato Head
Once again, not too surprising; Both of these are huge legacy characters at Hasbro, and were bound to join at some point.
Mr. Monopoly: 29 Points
Snake Eyes: 17
Mr. Potato Head: 17
ROM: 9
The Bard: 6
Murph: 5
Colonel Mustard: 5
Furby: 3
Lord Zedd: 2
Pinkie Pie: 2
Miss Rabbit: 0
Matt Trakker: 0
Grimlock: 0
Action Man: 0

Funnily enough, I did consider both Pennybags and Snake Eyes as part of the default line-up, and given how much they dominated the vote, perhaps I should have! Though, I am pretty comfortable with the 3 I picked, and the inclusion of these characters made for a pretty eventful first round. But...

Open Discussion: The Winners!
What do you think of our 3 winners? And while we're at it, how do you feel about our first 6 characters so far? Do they meet your expectations, or would you have preferred someone else? Are disappointed with the winners, or excited? Do you like them as characters in general? Anything you want to say, go ahead!

And of course, keep in mind that every character here will have a chance to join in our... 35 Character Roster!
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.38.23 AM.png
It seems like there's a ton of interest for future characters, so 35 it will be!
NEW VOTES
Of course, before I can continue, I have to get the new polls in first; This will determine future jobs, after all.
Keep in mind, for the stages, these numbers will not include the training stage. Also, it seems we have reached a consensus on how the stages should be handled- we will have a mix of both character stages and non-related stages! I'll try to shoot for giving every character their own stage, but depending on the number and who the character is, it may not be possible, so keep that in mind.

And of course, for the title of the project (which will determine the new title for the whole thread):
This will be done via ranked voting, so vote for your top 3, and you can't put your own in first!
NEW JOBS
In 1999, Hasbro acquired the gaming company Wizards of the Coast as a subsidiary. Popularized for being the creators of Magic: The Gathering and the owners of Dungeons & Dragons, WotC became a huge part of Hasbro's line-up of IPs, as D&D continues to be the most successful RPG of all-time, even to this day, and Magic: The Gathering treads on as a staple fantasy IP, with recent expansions made to the universe as of today.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, for today's first job...
Job: Nominate a Wizards of the Coast Character!
Whether they represent Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Avalon Hill, any WotC is allowed!
This is a huge part of Hasbro, so their inclusion on the roster was of course inevitable. I've opted to get it out the way as early as I can, as we're likely to see a lot more WotC content included in the future.

For D&D, there are multiple routes to go here: Either famous canonical character such as Drizz't, Strahd von Zarovich, and Mordenkainen, or avatar characters based on any number of D&D classes; You can also take influence from IDW's D&D comics, or even past Video Games and Films!
Whatever you choose, happy nominating!

Job: Nominate any Hasbro Stage
Whilst we figure out our predetermined stage amount, it seems everybody wants a mix of character stages and general stages. So, with that, I'll open the door to nominate any idea for a Hasbro stage right now!

This may seem like a lot, but I wanted an alternative job for those not too interested in WotC. This is likely the only time I do two huge jobs like this, so savor it whilst you can!

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
Honestly pretty happy with all our roster additions - As I've said, Mr. Monopoly and Mr. Potato Head are Hasbro icons and I'm glad we're getting them out of the way now, and while I'm not a big G.I. Joe guy, Snake Eyes is more than deserving of a slot on our roster.

Anywho...

Title Votes
  1. Hasbro Game Night Fight
  2. PlayFight
  3. Toy Tussle
Hasbro Stage: Monopoly

Alright, this is a bit of a stretch, but I do want some sort of Battlefield-style stage in this game, and I feel Monopoly is one of the best franchises to do it with.

The main platform of the stage is a standard light green, angular platform mirroring that of Battlefield. The Chance and Community Chest decks serve as the two lower soft platforms, while the higher platform is placed on top of a hotel. The background displays a coffee table with a game of Monopoly set up on top of it.

(Side note, will there be music jobs? I'd love to get some of the tracks from the various Monopoly video games on this stage.)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Power Play
2. Game Night Fight
3. Hasbrawlers

Resubmitting The Bard (Dungeons & Dragons)

Hey, we could use at least one iconic class from the most popular RPG of all time. I thought the Bard would be a nice one to go with as they would be a bit of an oddball pick, but they also have a notorious reputation both within and outside of the game. They would attack mainly through hitting opponents with various instruments, as well as playing said instruments to set various buffs on themselves and debuffs to surrounding opponents.

Last edited:
1. Game night fight
2. Hasbrawlers
3. Hasbro Playfight

Wizards of coast character:
Tezzeret
1669735344643.png
Tezzeret is a male human planeswalker who was born in Tidehollow on the shard of Esper.
He was used to be henchman of Nicol Bolas, but he hated his master.
He is primarily known for his weird arm that is filled with power and he has an ability to travel through planes.

His moveset would consist of his abilities and power of reality warping (he could teleport like mewtwo for his up special). He could also use other spells in his moveset.
He has even a sword in his arsenal, meaning that he could use it in normal moves or even smash attacks.
He would be mid-heavyweight mix-up fighter with no additional movement options.

I think Tezzeret would make sense if we got by Magic: the Gathering character for the roster. Plus he is pretty popular character in MTG spellbook.

Hasbro stage:
Cybertron (Transformers)
1669735490568.png
Cybertron is a planet where Transformers come form and it's actually Primus (the God of Transformers) who took a form of a metallic planet. This planet appeared in many Transformers media like comics, movies, cartoons and even video games.

The layout of the stage would take similar to Midgar from Smash, but it doesn't have any stage-affecting hazards and it's little bit wider. The platform would float over the planet, flying over locations that appear on Cybertron. The cameos are autobots like Bumbleebee (He doesn't appear when he's picked as playable fighter), Grimlock, Arcee, Jazz, Ratchet & Ironhide who occasionally appear in background.
Also don't forget Unicron who appeared in the background of the stage, where he aimlessly floats in space and does his business.

Keep in mind that the Cybertronian war happens on this stage, so there are explosions, bullets and missiles flying in the background.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
There were a lot of board games I considered, but I think Battleship, Sorry!, and Hungry Hungry Hippos (along with others) could have some great representation down the line as characters or items. Instead, I shall submit:

Jenga

A tall stage with a thin main platform and a wide walkoff (the table). The Jenga tower starts off stable, but teeters ever so slightly when blocks are pulled out and placed on top by invisible hands (any block being removed or placed on will cause damage and knockback). The stage falls after a random number of blocks between 15-30 have been removed. Being underneath the tower where it falls will be an instant KO. Afterwards, the tower is quickly built back up by the invisible hands (again, will cause damage + knockback), letting the cycle continue. Hazards can be turned off, and if so, it's just a large walkoff with a large wall with a platform on top of it.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I got beaten up by DragonRobotKing's Cybertron submission, but I think I'll keep the write-up.
You don't have to generalize it; Cybertron is a whole planet, you can definitely pick a centralized location on the planet and I'll consider it a separate entry

I had an previous idea for a Sea of Rust stage that I've since reworked into the Dark Nebula from ROM, though I'll probably submit that when the character is actually added

You don't have to generalize it; Cybertron is a whole planet, you can definitely pick a centralized location on the planet and I'll consider it a separate entry

I had an previous idea for a Sea of Rust stage that I've since reworked into the Dark Nebula from ROM, though I'll probably submit that when the character is actually added
Sorry. I thought it was a same entry.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Admittedly most of my expertise on this thread will be either board games or transformers

so uh

have a neat transformers stage

Autobot Base
1669740274266.jpeg

Serving as one of the game’s competitive stages, the Autobot Base is effectively a reskin of SmashVille taking place outside the base. Various Autobots who don’t end up making the cut as playable characters will appear as background cameos. The platforms are made of machine parts that are suspended in the air by poles.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The Venger (Dungeons and Dragons)

The Venger is the villain from Dungeons and Dragons cartoon,he is a powerful sorcerer,knowing a variety of spells both necromancy and evocation. i don't know a lot about Dungeons and Dragons and i'm not a RPG tabletop lover,but i just know the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
The Venger (Dungeons and Dragons)

The Venger is the villain from Dungeons and Dragons cartoon,he is a powerful sorcerer,knowing a variety of spells both necromancy and evocation. i don't know a lot about Dungeons and Dragons and i'm not a RPG tabletop lover,but i just know the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon

D

Deleted member

1. Hasbrawlers
2. Game Night Fight
3. Playfight

http___magic-wizards-com_sites_mtg_files_images_wallpaper_jace-unraveler-of-secrets_soi_2560x1...jpg

Jace Baldron
The closest thing MTC has to a main character. He is a powerful magic user and planewalker, possessing powers of illusion and mind manipulation. Jace likes to avoid direct combat, something that could lead to an interesting moveset. He replies heavily onto tricks and traps. Dispite his fantasy hero appearance, he's kind of a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
DAY 3
Nomination Day!
It has officially been a full day since yesterday's voting! I know you're all excited to see who the winners are, so let's go ahead and get that out of the way!

So, our first place winner, by a whopping 29 votes, is...
Rich Uncle Pennybags! I'm sure this isn't much of a surprise; Out of 16 users who voted, 14 of them had him in their top 3, and for good reason! He is definitely the face of Hasbro's board game department and an icon in their line-up.

And for second place we have... a two-way tie!? Luckily, I had promised beforehand that the top 3 will win the round, so both of these characters, at 17 votes each, will join our roster!
Snake Eyes!
Mr. Potato Head
Once again, not too surprising; Both of these are huge legacy characters at Hasbro, and were bound to join at some point.
Mr. Monopoly: 29 Points
Snake Eyes: 17
Mr. Potato Head: 17
ROM: 9
The Bard: 6
Murph: 5
Colonel Mustard: 5
Furby: 3
Lord Zedd: 2
Pinkie Pie: 2
Miss Rabbit: 0
Matt Trakker: 0
Grimlock: 0
Action Man: 0

Funnily enough, I did consider both Pennybags and Snake Eyes as part of the default line-up, and given how much they dominated the vote, perhaps I should have! Though, I am pretty comfortable with the 3 I picked, and the inclusion of these characters made for a pretty eventful first round. But...

Open Discussion: The Winners!
What do you think of our 3 winners? And while we're at it, how do you feel about our first 6 characters so far? Do they meet your expectations, or would you have preferred someone else? Are disappointed with the winners, or excited? Do you like them as characters in general? Anything you want to say, go ahead!

And of course, keep in mind that every character here will have a chance to join in our... 35 Character Roster!
It seems like there's a ton of interest for future characters, so 35 it will be!
NEW VOTES
Of course, before I can continue, I have to get the new polls in first; This will determine future jobs, after all.
Keep in mind, for the stages, these numbers will not include the training stage. Also, it seems we have reached a consensus on how the stages should be handled- we will have a mix of both character stages and non-related stages! I'll try to shoot for giving every character their own stage, but depending on the number and who the character is, it may not be possible, so keep that in mind.

And of course, for the title of the project (which will determine the new title for the whole thread):
This will be done via ranked voting, so vote for your top 3, and you can't put your own in first!
NEW JOBS
In 1999, Hasbro acquired the gaming company Wizards of the Coast as a subsidiary. Popularized for being the creators of Magic: The Gathering and the owners of Dungeons & Dragons, WotC became a huge part of Hasbro's line-up of IPs, as D&D continues to be the most successful RPG of all-time, even to this day, and Magic: The Gathering treads on as a staple fantasy IP, with recent expansions made to the universe as of today.

Why am I telling you all this? Well, for today's first job...
Job: Nominate a Wizards of the Coast Character!
Whether they represent Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering, Avalon Hill, any WotC is allowed!
This is a huge part of Hasbro, so their inclusion on the roster was of course inevitable. I've opted to get it out the way as early as I can, as we're likely to see a lot more WotC content included in the future.

For D&D, there are multiple routes to go here: Either famous canonical character such as Drizz't, Strahd von Zarovich, and Mordenkainen, or avatar characters based on any number of D&D classes; You can also take influence from IDW's D&D comics, or even past Video Games and Films!
Whatever you choose, happy nominating!

Job: Nominate any Hasbro Stage
Whilst we figure out our predetermined stage amount, it seems everybody wants a mix of character stages and general stages. So, with that, I'll open the door to nominate any idea for a Hasbro stage right now!

This may seem like a lot, but I wanted an alternative job for those not too interested in WotC. This is likely the only time I do two huge jobs like this, so savor it whilst you can!
Job #01
Character Name: Gelatinous Cube
Character Origin: Dungeons & Dragons

Why not go with an enemy that really puts the Dungeons in D&D? The Gelatinous Cube is an iconic enemy from the series, notable for the fact that it's literally a gigantic 10-foot-cube of flesh-eating ooze. The reason it exists is to impede progress through the corridors and pathways of the dungeons in the earlier iterations (with the corridors typically being described as matching this size), and who doesn't like an ooze-type enemy in an RPG? (Slimes, I'm looking at you!)

There's actually a surprising amount you could pull off here: whilst it could be scaled down a little, the idea of it having various gelatinous tendrils and being able to change its shape and form as needed - if you needed inspiration for how this could look, just imagine Arakune from BlazBlue or Shuma-Gorath from MvC.

Job #02:
Stage Name: Battleship

Taking place on the deck of the Aircraft Carrier, Battleship's background would be a huge spectacle - with a war going on between two factions! I'm picturing that the stage would be a walk-off on one side and have a ledge on the other side, and could potentially have a parked plane's wing as a platform. If you really wanted, you could even have missiles land on the ground and flash red before exploding!

D

Deleted member

MMPR_CommandCenter.jpg

Command Center

As much as I love all the misc stages ideas. I do think we should get some stages for the series already in our game too. Out of them I know PR the best.

The rangers base from the orignal seires. Would take place inside the command center. Like the stage from Battle for the Grid but refitted for a platform fighter. Sort of like the batcave from MVS but with less gaps. There be some (like two) basic palt forms with a plane in the middle middle. And the module in the middle would act as a extra platform and could be destroyed. Lots of old style beeping and booping. Zordom would be in his tube in the back and Alpha would be running around.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Hasbro Game Fight Night
2. Playfight
3. Hasbrawlers

Wizards of The Coast Character:

Dungeon Master (Dungeons and Dragons)

dungeonmaster-300x225.jpg

Ok, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the Toei cartoon version of the Dungeon Master but the Dungeon Master in Dungeons and Dragons is the one who organizes the game or campaign of Dungeons and Dragons. The person who is the Dungeon Master controls the adventure except for the players but can describe their experience. I feel the Dungeon Master can be a fun "stage control" character controlling the fighters's actions temporaily. His moveset can contain of various creatures from the famous roleplaying game or even summon the classes of the warriors themselves. Yes, the Dungeon Master would probably be based off of the appearance from the Toei cartoon or one of the films.

Hasbro Stage:

Castle of Friendship (My Little Pony)

ezgif-4-2b02b9a3fa.jpg

Based on Twlight Sparkle's castle from the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon, you will fight on the castle. The stage layout would be akin to Peach's Castle in Melee. I feel this stage would make a good home stage for Twilight Sparkle herself and to represent a famous byproduct of the MLP brand being the Friendship is Magic cartoon. You can also see the other ponies in the background as well in the stage cheering you on.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
I submit the hungry hippos has a sage, it was mentioned before but nobody sublitted it yet so I will do it.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
So, believe it or not, D&D actually has quite a bit of canonical content associated with its various campaign settings. Of course, canon is fluid and depends on the various rule books and such; But, over the course of it's lifespan, centralized storylines have been released that detail a strict canon that has since been adhered to as major influences for D&D lore and marketing.

Now, you might already know where I'm going with this. Through D&D's canon and novels, several characters have risen to meteoric popularity- a lot of which I think should be considered heavily for this roster. So I'm going ahead and picking probably the most appropriate one across their entire line-up of characters:

Job: WotC Character
DRIZZT DO'URDEN
The Face of Dungeons & Dragons

Franchise: Dungeons & Dragons (Forgotten Realms)

A Drow (dark elf) from the city of Menzobarrenzan, Drizzt was born to be evil- it is the nature of his people. But the individual is greater than the whole, isn't it? Breaking off from his dark bloodline, Drizzt ventured off into the world to become a wandering hero. Following a strict moral code, he lives as evidence that one's bloodline does not determine who they are- and further than that, that one's race doesn't either. A legend in the land of the Forgotten Realms; those who challenge his might shall meet the end of his blade- a fate to be bestowed on the rivals of Hasbro's ultimate clash.

WHO IS DRIZZT?
Drizzt is a character created for the 1988 novel The Crystal Shard; Fitting, as most of the biggest IPs in this game are from the 80's. He was originally created as a side character before spinning off into his own series of books that took off in popularity. And when I say took off, I really mean it- from 1988 to 2022, Drizzt has appeared in 38 different D&D Novels, and each and every single one has reached the The New York Times Best Seller list- which is insane to think about, but that's how popular this guy is.
All of his novel appearances have been chronicled as The Legend of Drizzt- All of his appearances in a single saga, across separate trilogies and one-offs. You can buy these books and read them if you want.

Ironically, this character's upbringing was fairly humble. He was created out of the blue in order to replace a scrapped sidekick character, without much thought to him; And, whereas most D&D canon characters are based on different campaigns authors have done, Drizzt takes no inspiration from that at all- instead being inspired by Lord of the Rings. He made regular appearances, originally as supporting character and then as protagonist, and became the headline character for all Forgotten Realms books from then-on.
For those who are wondering what The Forgotten Realms are...

WHAT IS THE FORGOTTEN REALMS AND DRIZZT'S IMPACT
D&D has multiple campaign settings to choose from before starting a dungeon- All of whom differ from each other in setting greatly. They're essentially different universe, and can easily be compared to Final Fantasy, and how each game is a separate world with its own lore and environment. The most famous of all of these settings is The Forgotten Realms- and when I say most famous, it's essentially 70% of modern D&D, so much so that the upcoming blockbuster movie is based on it. Pretty much, whenever someone mentions D&D, their mind is very likely to go to the Forgotten Realms. It's essentially the world that's built up all of the stereotypical fantasy and D&D elements, and WotC of course takes full advantage of this and milks its popularity as best it can. No big deal, of course.

Drizzt has become central to the image of the Forgotten Realms; In fact, he's the poster boy. Both WotC and Hasbro market him heavily- in fact, it surprises me that he hasn't been brought up in this thread proper, up until now.
Part of being the poster boy for the franchise's poster setting also comes with the benefit of being the poster character for, uh... the entire franchise, actually! And it shows in the marketing

Headline character for a D&D Video Game​

The premiere exclusive figure for Hasbro Con 2021​

Featured heavily with the company's own logo​

Cool shirt​
So, case in point, much like how Jace is the defacto main character of Magic, Drizzt the defacto main character of D&D.
Having Drizzt in our line-up would be a strong inclusion that immediately attracts an average D&D fan, which is why I'm shooting for this character a lot. Of course, I can't just present a popular character without moveset potential, so...
MOVESET POTENTIAL
In terms of D&D classes, Drizzt is a mix of both Fighter and Ranger- both of which are two of the most common D&D classes in general, so right off the bat this is huge class representation.
Fighters are typically known for having high dexterity and strength and are melee-heavy combatants with a key emphasis on weaponry and armor. Drizzt is most commonly seen with two dual scimitars (curved swords), both of which are named! Twinkle and Icingdeath, for those wondering. He's heavily armored and this can be played as part of his defense traits- A speedy heavyweight would definitely define what Drizzt's playstyle would be.
Of course, as a Ranger, his fighting prowess can be equally attributed to his long-range weapons- he's most proficient in longbows, because of course an elf would know how to work a bow!
On top of both of those, Drizzt, as a drow, has numerous innate abilities and has also studied in magic quite a bit- enough for various unique attacks to be made out of it.
  • Summoning globes of darkness around an area or an opponent, often used to trip them up by essentially blinding them
  • Faeria Fire, a harmless fire that tracks an opponent's movement by lighting them up, even when invisible
  • Levitation
  • Infrared sight
  • Superhuman speed
Unfortunately, as a dark elf, Drizzt has a weakness to intense light exposure- this would temporarily disorientate him.

Now, am I forgetting something... oh yeah, he has a pet black panther that he can summon via a wooden figurine and can fight alongside him! A freaking black panther, of all things.
REASONS FOR INCLUSION
  • I'm not really going to overstate this anymore; He's incredibly popular and is a big name in D&D's character catalogue, tons of fan know him.
  • Given that he is a canon character, he gels much better with the rest of the roster as there is a lot more of a basis as to how to interpret him in the game, in comparison to an avatar class
  • Drizzt himself is a mix of classes and has numerous abilities and attacks that aren't really associated with any normal D&D class; this itself is kind of why I want to shoot for the canon characters more than the average classes. The canon ones already mix aspects of various classes in ways avatars can't and generally have more to work with that become unique to their character
  • A Forgotten Realms specific representative helps solidify a specific type of D&D rep that we wouldn't otherwise have with catch-all characters
  • He's just cool in general. I think there's a lot of worth fo having this character be the headline for out D&D content, and WotC as a whole

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I wanted to make a separate post from my character nomination- here are my votes and stage nomination.

1. Hasbrawlers
2. Toy Tussle
3. Game Night Fight

I think Hasbrawlers is just the best name here- really creative and catchy.

For my stage nominations, I'm going a little unorthodox.
THE TOYBOX
Franchise: I made it up

I'm going with an original stage for a couple of reasons, but the main one being that I want a Battlefield/Final Destination equivalent stage that isn't at all IP-specific and fits the theme of toys and boards games crossing over with each other. My idea for the toybox is for it to take place in a child's bedroom and play off the aspect that everything is giant-sized, because the characters are toy-sized. My main inspiration for the idea is primarily the opening of Smash 64, the scene of the Child's desk.
A bit sad this was never an official stage but I digress.
The particular idea here is that it takes place on top of a toybox and is a flat stage, possibly with a few platforms. The main spectacle here is the background in which numerous easter eggs referencing specific toys can take place, ones that otherwise wouldn't happen on other stages. I'm not quite sure what they are, but things like toy packaging, lunchboxes, giant dolls, objects that make no sense in context for the likes of Cybertron, Ponyville, etc.

It is a really basic concept for a stage but I think what we need is to start off basic for a stage to begin with- have something that is easily approachable and acts as a branching off point for every other stage to come forward, which is a staple of Platforming fighters.
---​
Job #02:
Stage Name: Battleship

Taking place on the deck of the Aircraft Carrier, Battleship's background would be a huge spectacle - with a war going on between two factions! I'm picturing that the stage would be a walk-off on one side and have a ledge on the other side, and could potentially have a parked plane's wing as a platform. If you really wanted, you could even have missiles land on the ground and flash red before exploding!
I was actually thinking, for a Battleship stage, we could have a gimmick where the current ship that's being fought on would sink, forcing players to migrate to nearby boats and avoid falling to their death. Would fit the theme of the IP, atleast.
(This itself is based off of another scrapped concept for a Transformers stage lol)

Also, I forgot to mention this, but since the days are already numbered, I opted not to number the jobs anymore. I hope that's okay

(Side note, will there be music jobs? I'd love to get some of the tracks from the various Monopoly video games on this stage.)
I've thought about the idea- it's probably not going to happen, unless people really ask for it.
While some series may have obvious music tracks to add in, it will eventually come to a point where we add certain series that have none- a lot of Hasbro's characters are just toys, after all. Either way, it seems a bit unfair to do that and results in very lopsided series representation

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
DAY 4
Discussion Day
Day 4 is officially here! Before I go on, I want to get this out the way first. A couple users complained to me about having to make an account to vote; Normally with only 1 or 2 complaints I wouldn't really change a whole lot, but I did notice that the stage vote only had 4 votes, out of about 16 to 17 active users.
I did want to avoid voting by IP address, primarily to benefit users who share the same IP, but it is the easiest option to use that does not require an account, so I'll be going with that from here on.
Both 30 and 50 stages tied on yesterday's poll, with no votes for 12 or 70. I opted to cut those last two and add 40 stages as an option, since it's an intermediate between 30 and 50; Hopefully, this should be a much smoother vote.

Speaking of votes, the title for this thread from here on out will be.... HASBRO GAME NIGHT FIGHT!
Game Night Fight: 23
Hasbrawlers: 14
PlayFight: 12
Power Play: 6
Toy Tussle: 4
Super Brawlers: 3
Hasbro Clash: 3
Hasbro Fighters: 1
I will change the title of this thread tomorrow; I don't want to spoil the new title for those just reading this! But with that said, congratulations to the winner! This title actually dominated the vote fairly well! How do you like the title?
NEW VOTES
And, with two nomination rounds wrapping up yesterday, I think it's time to implement some new votes!

First up, for the Wizards of the Coast characters, we have...
I was a little worried at first with how slow the submissions were, especially with the examples I put up; But, I was expecting to have 7 in total when I put this out, and in the end we managed to pull through with 9! Not a whole lot bigger than my anticipated number but this is a very healthy amount.

Now, for stages! We got quite a few nominations for this:
Just to briefly prove images for submissions that didn't have them:
As usual, vote for your top three, and you cannot put your own in first! I'm thinking that for WotC, the Top 2 will join the roster, and for the stages, we'll add the Top 3
This time, I'll be starting with my votes:

1. Jace
2. Drizzt
3. Tezzeret

I kinda want to lean more into the canon characters for this roster than the avatar characters- They just gel better with the roster and their inidividual set of abilities helps make for some very unique movesets.

1. Hungry Hungry Hippos
2. Mr. Boddy's Estate
3. Toybox

Hungry Hippos just sounds like hectic fun- I definitely want this in. I haunted mansion stage like the ones in Smash and Multiversus fits this game very well, and we're unlikely to see it from another franchise in our catalogue other than Clue
NEW JOBS
So I'm going to do it a little different today. The first 3 days have been non-stop nominations, which I think is good, but I want to slow it down since we've already trudged through a lot of major ground. This time, the jobs are going to be more discussion based, but these are important jobs regardless, so I hope you all participate because this will determine a lot of future content we do.

Job: Determine how Movesets will be handled
What will the core gameplay of Game Fight Night be? Will it be floaty and simple like Multiversus, or fast-paced with complexity like Smash? And what will the movesets be like; Carry-over the system from Smash and Multiversus, or make up a new moveset template unique to Hasbro?
If we do a new template, I'd want to aim for something like Smash in terms of complexity. A lot of Hasbro's IP may be for children, but most of them have a large adult fandom with them and a lot of them are action orientated to begin with.
My goal here is to have a moveset template by the end of the day for future jobs, so let's work towards that

Open Discussion: Having a Mascot
Our starting roster already included Hasbro's biggest icons, so this is an appropriate time to ask this. It's a staple of fighting games to have one, so, I would like to ask: Should Hasbro Game Fight Night have one? And if so, who among our roster will it be? Or should we just wait for future rounds, such as the WotC round, to end before deciding on this?

This about wraps it up for today! For tomorrow, major gameplay features will be tackled, so be prepared.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
in comparison to an avatar class
in ways avatars can't
that we wouldn't otherwise have with catch-all characters
Uh, guess I gotta defend my submission now before we get too far into voting.

Drizzt is awesome, but to me the whole point of D&D, the game, is going on your own adventure with friends, not someone else's. That's why I think going for something that almost every D&D fan has interacted with (like Knee's Gelatinous Cube - fantastic idea) or played with/as (like a class avatar) would be the better route to go down, at least for right now. Even the red dragon would be cool - most players probably know him because of DM materials that heavily feature him, and he's literally in the name of the game. To me, stuff like that represents Dungeons & Dragons so much better than someone who I've never heard of until today, even though I've been playing for a whole year now.

Again, I read your submission and I think Drizzt is a total badass who absolutely would be a great inclusion. But as far as representing the game, rather than the franchise, I would say we should go for something more generic yet iconic at the moment.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Uh, guess I gotta defend my submission now before we get too far into voting.

Drizzt is awesome, but to me the whole point of D&D, the game, is going on your own adventure with friends, not someone else's. That's why I think going for something that almost every D&D fan has interacted with (like Knee's Gelatinous Cube - fantastic idea) or played with/as (like a class avatar) would be the better route to go down, at least for right now. Even the red dragon would be cool - most players probably know him because of DM materials that heavily feature him, and he's literally in the name of the game. To me, stuff like that represents Dungeons & Dragons so much better than someone who I've never heard of until today, even though I've been playing for a whole year now.

Again, I read your submission and I think Drizzt is a total badass who absolutely would be a great inclusion. But as far as representing the game, rather than the franchise, I would say we should go for something more generic yet iconic at the moment.
I guess I hadn't realized how many times I said the same thing over and over; my apologies.

I'm honestly expecting this round to end with high placements for both avatars nominated, so I wanted to make sure people would atleast consider Drizzt as a character on par with them. We'll see how it turns out, though

AlteredBeast

Smash Lord
1. Jace Baldron
2. Drizzt
3. Dungeon Master

1. The Toybox
2. Battleship
3. Jenga

Really good submissions for characters and stages to be honest.

Moveset Ideas

I really like the idea PinkFlare PinkFlare posed, I feel we should go for a simple but complex Melee-esque tech movement. Maybe 4 neutral moves, 3 Specials similar to the Smash 64 layout but add some form of a super meter esque gimmick that can make super moves compeititvely viable and such? It fits Hasbro's action based motif.

Mascot for Game Fight Night

As much as I feel we should wait...I have an idea for a mascot for this game

The Hasbro Boy

ezgif-5-5e4b2cde89.jpg

From 1952 to 1968, he was Hasbro's mascot on print ads and even on tv and the packaging of toys. I feel he should be either the Mario of the game or some form of a tutorial guide. Given he is a mascot of past, maybe he can be a NPC character but represent the game in its fullest given his family oversees the Hasbro multiverse and such. That's just my idea going down the Hasbro rabbit hole.

D

Deleted member

1. Drizzt (I see both sides of the argument on the Avatar character thing. He just seems like a cool guy.)
2. Jace (Self vote. A more obvious MTG pick but I think that's okay for a series that more people might not be as familiar with. Plus the idea of a more non psycyal magic user sounds fun )
3. Bard (It's a real toss up between this and Rouge so I went with what I feel adds something more unique to a platform fighter)

I feel like we could probably add a DND and MTG character but I I understand if we don't wanna do too many multi character rounds

1. Battleship (An obvious pick for a stage. Could be very cool)
2. Hungry Hungry Hippos (One of my favorite childhood games. Would be a chaotic stage.)
3. Cybertron (Fixed) (We should add some stages for existing seires and this was just my preference as ifs a little less busy)

Unsure what mascot means in this context. An orignal character? I'd say no. But if we're just picking from the rister then it should probably be Prime.

FazDude

Smash Master
WoTC Votes
Oh man, people are gonna be mad at me for this one. Again, I know nothing about any WoTC property compared to most folks in this thread, so my reasoning mostly boils down to "they're cool".
  1. Jace
  2. The Bard (i will die on the hill of wanting a generic d&d class)
  3. Dungeon Master (Honestly, having a DM as a character is a really interesting concept.)
Stages
  1. The Toybox
  2. Monopoly
  3. Autobot Base
Moveset Discussion
I agree with AlteredBeast here. No further comments.

Mascot Discussion
I don't think we really need a mascot perse, but if we're going to have a character serve that role, I'd probably pick Mr. Potato Head. If we wanna introduce a new character, I like AlteredBeast's Hasbro Boy submission.

Top Bottom