• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

has anyone mastered the single nanner lock

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
i realy made this post because i cant seem to find reasonable application for it but to say the truth this is probally because i cant do it in a real match to save my life and truthfuly have kinda given up

but i would like help to learn to applythis if anyone has and if u ould pls help me to find a way u execute this move at all o yea and how do i do that rising throw trick is it neccesary for the l button to be set to attack for me to be able to so

just some things i realy wanted to no

Player-1

Smash Legend
I've been working on it on offline matches, I just charge them and SH and begin it. I haven't fooled to much online though, wifi will just screw it up =(.

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
instant ground throw? You basically sh airdodge throw really fast and it cancels the airdodge into a throw. Look it up for more in-depth stuffs.

As for the single nanner lock the week it came out I practiced it enough where I could do it 90% of the time in training or whatever, but I have never pulled it off in a match, or even tried to. It is just too hard to set up IMO. The only time I would really go for it would be like a shieldbreak or something. Really the only other way to do it would be to just charge them like player-1 said, but to me that just seems a little risky.

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
hmm thanks i realy just wanted that kind of stuff just ur opinions and what u guys do so ur right on what i want anyways

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
dont john pot head single nanner lock is like toughest tech in the game currently know way 2 look dumb

whaaaaaaaaat. no way should he be banned if he should the falco wolf dedede samus olimar snake link tl zelda every1 with projectiles

crap stay on topic guys b4 this gets locked

TheEliteSmasher

Smash Cadet
dont john pot head single nanner lock is like toughest tech in the game currently know way 2 look dumb

whaaaaaaaaat. no way should he be banned if he should the falco wolf dedede samus olimar snake link tl zelda every1 with projectiles
I lol'd.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I like to do the sh - dtoss - bair NL did in his diddy vs chillin's falco video, and if i'm sure the banana will hit, I go for the banana lock.
I'm bad at it though, i can link only 2-3 dtosses before it screws up, but then i just have to techchase into a glide toss or a grab.
You made me want to train again. This tech seems even harder for stickjumers actually :/

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Yeah Ive only mastered up to 2-3 times in a row
But i can start from like 1/3 into the stage and do it 3 times and then end with the down aerial kill ^_^
My favorite follow-up in my opinion

white peachy

Smash Ace
This tech still has so much potential I just can't seem to find really reliable setups. I can do it fairly well but using it in matches against people who don't suck is another beast altogether.:ohwell:

The Sauce Boss

Smash Ace
Every diddy main should know. Takes no skill whatsoever like the rest of his banana game.
Shut the hell up homo. :mad:
:laugh:

First he claims diddy takes no skill without backing it up with anything (totally irrelevant to the thread), then when someone argues with him he calls them a homosexual.

1. Are you 9 years old?
2. If you are not 9 why do you act like you are?

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
I've found only one semi-reliable set-up.

Dash to opponent with banana in hand, shield right in front of them. They'll either attack or grab you in this scenario (you want them to grab).

If they attack you, then punish with forward glide-toss to whatever combo, or a forward dribble to banana choke chain if the spacing is right. Use this approach somewhat often until you condition them into grabbing you.

Bait grab, short hop down toss, voila.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
still most i could do is only 2 in a row using the z catching/throwing :\. i seriously believe this tech is very situational and there can be much better alternatives such as when u dthrow the nana they trip then just tech chase, profit or air tossing? i dunno i have trouble doing it and will probably get punished extremely bad for it :\ can someone master this to show us its usefulness cuz i cannot see anyway this can prove to better the diddy metagame. :\ i says needs moar dtilt combos :p. but in all awesomeness, it would be cool and godly to see this tech in useful action o-o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can do all variations with almost 100% consistancy and I have pulled it off in tournament twice. Once against a GW and once against a Falco in the same tournament both 4-5 reps one ending in a spike and the other in a Dsmash.

I haven't played diddy much recently though so I probably suck at it now :/.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I can do all variations with almost 100% consistancy and I have pulled it off in tournament twice. Once against a GW and once against a Falco in the same tournament both 4-5 reps one ending in a spike and the other in a Dsmash.

I haven't played diddy much recently though so I probably suck at it now :/.
I still don't understand how it works with the bair because I can't get it unescapable using anything other than the dair...

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
i can do it with dair uair and bair, maybe you guys arent timing it right?
i think you have to fast fall at the right moment so you can start short hopping immediately.
i dont see what the point of doing a different move to pick up the naner is if its not even hitting them. you probably shouldnt use bair because of stale moves. use uair or dair, which ever one you use less
Hylian, how did you set up for the naner locks? we need to find some set ups that work in tourneys

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hylian pls post a vid asap O_<

also i find it very easy to do it with bair and the z button :3

white peachy

Smash Ace
I can do it with bair and uair, I just know it's escapapble the way I'm doing it...Dair is the only way I'm sure it works 100% of the time as long as you don't screw up.

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah its all up to practice and precision, its really hard :S...

i have only done like 4 then i go down to glide toss to Fsmash or something...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm gonna need to see a video against a computer set to "walk" to ever really see this working with anything other than the D-air.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I'm gonna need to see a video against a computer set to "walk" to ever really see this working with anything other than the D-air.
Thanks, someone understands. It doesn't help that le thien, or hylian ignored this question before and might be ignoring it now.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Thanks, someone understands. It doesn't help that le thien, or hylian ignored this question before and might be ignoring it now.
LOL, I wasn't ignoring you, W; that thread just moved too fast for me to keep track of, and I eventually lost interest in it when people stopped contributing anything noteworthy to discussion.

However, one thing that I am completely, 100% positive of is that I highly enjoy Wal*Mart barbecue chicken chunks.

Yanki

Smash Cadet
i ALREADY USED IT, NOT ALOT BUT AT HIGH % , U CAN DO 2 OF THEMS AFTER U SCREW UP THE TIMING AND SET A NICE SMASH AT THE EDGE, SO IT GONA MEKE ALOT OF MORE KNOCK BACK AND HIGH POSIBILITY TO SEND UR OPONENTES TO A NICE DEAD :d

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I don't think that the single naner lock is 100% unavoidable, unless maybe there is a wall present other than that it can be escaped. I've tried it out a lot and the person (real people) is able to roll away right as your coming back down over top of them to initiate the lock

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I don't think that the single naner lock is 100% unavoidable, unless maybe there is a wall present other than that it can be escaped. I've tried it out a lot and the person (real people) is able to roll away right as your coming back down over top of them to initiate the lock
You're not doing it fast enough. You have to be very fast.

It is not escapable if timed correctly.

Top Bottom