• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

has anyone mastered the single nanner lock

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I believe in Hylian's video his friend was attempting to escape... but I could be wrong.

He also said that he actually performed it in tournament before on people...

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
it depends on the charecters but like on short char. u must jump w8 a short sec and then double tap down on c stick and u must make sure u di towards them if u dont then u will always fail

Nick A

Smash Cadet
if you were super fast, would it be possible to jump onto the far side of the them and lock the person back and forth keeping them in place essentially?

ADHD

Smash Hero
if you were super fast, would it be possible to jump onto the far side of the them and lock the person back and forth keeping them in place essentially?
Very difficult to do, its way safer to just go for the spike. For those wondering, you don't have to lock them across the stage for the spike, you can just do a banana down throw > spike if they are near the edge. This could punish getting up animations from the ledge itself.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
I've tried a lot of times before and I know I'm doing it really fast but the results yield the same for me, after the second one they always get out.

Idk
Go to training mode and and try under 1\2 speed, the comp set to walk and the help turned on
If you have perfect timing, the combo meter should be going up after each hit and the comp wont be able to roll away
I was only able to get up to 3
It diffucult even in 1\2 speed (Id say almost impossible at full speed) but its possible to do it so its inescapable

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
It's pretty good when applied versus those players who tend to spotdodge a lot.

You don't really have to get it perfectly inescapable for the first hits or so because they probably won't react fast enough to escape it. ;o

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
if u under stand the like three diferent timing factors which would be tall med and small charecters then its way easier

small is the easiest tall is the toughest

Bellioes

Smash Lord
It's pretty good when applied versus those players who tend to spotdodge a lot.

You don't really have to get it perfectly inescapable for the first hits or so because they probably won't react fast enough to escape it. ;o
I know cause at full speed I suck at it
Im really slow compared to like Hylain but I can still get my brother with it
I was just saying for the ppl who were doubting its inescapable that it actually works

Nick A

Smash Cadet
Very difficult to do, its way safer to just go for the spike. For those wondering, you don't have to lock them across the stage for the spike, you can just do a banana down throw > spike if they are near the edge. This could punish getting up animations from the ledge itself.

So you are saying it IS possible... so you could essentially lock them until your banana expired...?

eRgoT

Smash Rookie
At those not doing it fast enough, keep in mind you can SH again the moment you touch the ground from your d-air. You can actually buffer the SH before the d-air lands if you want frame perfect execution.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I think its possible to lock someone into an infinite if you space and time perfectly. You have to trip him back and forth, so you have to throw the banana down on the right spot of the body to make him trip the other way.

Nick A

Smash Cadet
I think its possible to lock someone into an infinite if you space and time perfectly. You have to trip him back and forth, so you have to throw the banana down on the right spot of the body to make him trip the other way.
that sounds super promising...

Top Bottom