• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Handorin

Smash Hero
And Bandwagon is one/two people place a vote, then everyone else does the same.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Sorry, I've been posting between Halo matches. Though...

I love watching Tom argue semantics.
Vote: Tom
Yeah you would react like that.
I just skimmed through 3 pages of flavor bull**** -_-.
God I missed having Frozenflame in games I love him.

Shame he always gets killed N1 no matter what.
I also really like the one line arguement guys the substance is UNREAL.

"Yes"
"No"
"No You"

perfectly valid.
You are one to talk... Your entire game's worth of posting is chock FULL of substance...

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I didn't say I had posted anything worth of substance. I said that the arguments I've been reading aren't worth ****. Why should I post anything about players that would get lost in the sea of room hunting?

You mad?

Ronike

Smash Ace
If you dont like it, then do something about it! You say we our posts have no substance, and yet you do nothing about it. Seems like perhaps you were trying to derail conversation from Yaya and Omis topics.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Man, FF may be an *** sometimes, but at least he posts useful information...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Kevin, let me draw the line. There are some of us who are obviously trying to produce discussion. There are some of us who are discussing things. There are some of us making accusations, some based and some almost baseless. And there there is you, who is acting like none of us is trying to play the game.

You're way better than what you have produced so far.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I didn't say I had posted anything worth of substance. I said that the arguments I've been reading aren't worth ****. Why should I post anything about players that would get lost in the sea of room hunting?
Especially this. The point of that paragraph was to say that you had no obligation to promote different kinds of discussion if you thought town wasn't spending their time wisely. That's absurd.

Smash Master
Ronike, drop it :p

I'm just kidding around.

I agree that Omis has said several suspicious things, but since mentos and Yaya saw each other in the foe glass, I'm inclined to believe they are foes (to each other). I don't believe there was a third person. The odds of three people entering the same room without prior communication is mighty small.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I believe our best lead to follow right now is the Foe Glass. We have 2 people, or 3 if you follow some theories, and each saw the other in the foe glass.

Mentos was the first to bring it up and has posted a fair amount to help discussion. When questioned more by tom, he said he wasnt sure at the moment because the foe glass isnt always reliable and it could come across as a trick, which is a logical answer.

Yaya, on the other hand, has only posted 13 times, nearly half of which were pregame. He confirmed the whisper and said he saw Mentos and said he would go deeper into it. Upon question, he only gave several small posts on stuff easily guessed from his first post about it. He then quickly tried to put the blame on a possible 3rd persons spell.

I think Yaya has been overall more scummy in the matter, and (in my opinion) it's the best bet to follow this lead.

Vote: Yaya

Smash Master
Also, Omis has been acting a bit suspicious jumping on me and mentos for little to no reason and ignoring Yaya's sparse contribution. However, if Yaya turns up town, then Omis is cleared. If Yaya turns up scum, then Omis is probably also scum.

I'm not going to place my vote yet, because I want to hear from Yaya first.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Especially this. The point of that paragraph was to say that you had no obligation to promote different kinds of discussion if you thought town wasn't spending their time wisely. That's absurd.
I don't have any obligations to post anything tbh.

However you, knowing my style of play and my ability (omg I'm metagaming tee hee) know that I would obviously jump in if i felt the need arise. However there hasn't been much to go off of and I felt the need to stir up the pot. I'm sorry if you all took offense to the fact that I'm calling you guys out on not scum hunting.

Omis has been by far the most suspicious player of the bunch, but he has been discussed already by a few people and most notably has a couple of votes sitting on him iirc.

However when I see posts like

Omis said:
I would observe Kevin for a little before revealing the information
in response to you asking him if he would share the information is to me a textbook scum tell. The answer is perfect, worded correctly, but in all honestly wrong. If people were revealing what they saw on night one, the smart thing to do, unless of course it harmed another player that you were sure was town (aka you might have investigated him, found him town, and then saw him in the foe glass alerting you to something that might be up) then of course you would be wary to bring it to the table. As I believe this is an impossibility this early on in the game, I see no reason to not bring a night action to the table that may involve other members.

Now, sure creating the perfect answer to a question isn't in ESSENCE scummy but the fact of the matter remains that you put additional pressure on him asking what the difference between waiting to reveal it, or just reveal it right way and he flat out ignored you.

To me, Simplistic almost perfect responses with no follow up are INDEED scum tell. Not enough to crucify a man, but enough to become suspected of something.

Superstar

Smash Champion
What Kevin said.

Scum need to put pressure on townies, but it's pretty hard to put a viable argument on a townie. So a pretty bad argument a scum tell. Sometimes these arguments end up on Townies, but Omis went on with the argument, despite Mentos' response [which I thought was valid].

That, and the way he went on Mentos, he didn't vote him. Sometimes scum don't vote the "suspicious" person right away.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Also, Omis has been acting a bit suspicious jumping on me and mentos for little to no reason and ignoring Yaya's sparse contribution. However, if Yaya turns up town, then Omis is cleared. If Yaya turns up scum, then Omis is probably also scum.

I'm not going to place my vote yet, because I want to hear from Yaya first.
It's posts like these that make me bang my head, no he is not CLEARED because someone turns up town. Don't ever follow that logic unless its 100 percent certain again using a cop example if some guy says I investigated Omis N1 he was town and is then lynched turns up Cop. I would alleviate some suspicion off of Omis if I had any but at that point he could still be indie or Godfather, no one is truly ever cleared in my mind unless there is some way to cast off ALL shadows of a doubt.

Batmafia comes to mind with Batman.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Finally, scum hunting not flavor hunting. Kevin is right, even if someone turns up town, it doesn't EVER mean that the other person being accused was mafia. If we are going to go on suspicion alone, Omis has left us with a lot to work with in terms of scum tell. He slipped up earlier in the game with the groups to the room idea, and then he's putting other people under the focus lamp for NO reason what so ever. He just said "lets watch this person." It isn't enough for my vote but it is something to consider.

If we ARE going to take the Foe Glass into account, it is very possible that someone else was in the room. Regardless, IIRC they only saw each other in the Foe Glass (please tell me if this is incorrect), meaning that they have to be oppositely aligned. This leads to a variety of different combinations, but one of them could be scum. I am leaning towards Yaya at the moment since he's been so quiet, but lynching on inactivity is something that isn't rea.lly a good idea in my opinion

Ronike

Smash Ace
About time Kev, thank you! Now then....

Um... yeah everything Kev has been saying. But I still think we should hit Yaya today and if he shows up mafia, hit Omis tomorrow. Though Omis maybe being a bit more suspicious, Yaya has the foe glass against him and no even slight bandwagoning like Omis had with Macman. So I think he is the logical choice. Unfortunately, I cannot vote, so yeah.
Nonexistent Vote FOS: Yaya

Handorin

Smash Hero
You can not vote? Did I miss something here, or is there something you arnt telling us?

Ronike

Smash Ace
There is something I'm not telling you. Ah what the heck: last night I went to the quidditch fields, thinking that perhaps if I went to the place where it would make sense to have nothing, I might find something. For my troubles, I was rewarded with a bludger to the face. Thus, I cannot vote.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
As a quick update here: Work has been kicking my butt recently and it looks like it will continue to do so for a little while. So I've asked Ignatius, aka Iggy, to co-mod and keep vote tallies, etc, etc... Expect him to start posting tonight.

EDIT - By the way, a deadline has been set for Wednesday, April 22nd @ 11:59 pm Eastern. There will be no extension given. Happy Hunting.

Handorin

Smash Hero
There is something I'm not telling you. Ah what the heck: last night I went to the quidditch fields, thinking that perhaps if I went to the place where it would make sense to have nothing, I might find something. For my troubles, I was rewarded with a bludger to the face. Thus, I cannot vote.
I'm surprised you didn't tell us earlier, but I suppose it doesn't matter. This would have been great information for the town to have. We need all the votes we can get, especially later in the game.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Its just for this day, so I didn't think it was that important. Plus now that I have told you, mafia won't go there and waste their vote. That was my main reasoning for not telling, but then I realized the chances of that happening suck...

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
tbh, if I was ronike I wouldn't have told. Because if we got someone to majority with ronikes vote, someone would think that they were lynched and may say something that would help us know whether they really were scum or not.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Yeah, but with vote counts, my vote wouldnt show and it would come out anyways. And this way we stop the town from losing anymore voting power from that location. And tbh I didnt think of that.... But I doubt it would've worked anyways

Smash Master
It's posts like these that make me bang my head, no he is not CLEARED because someone turns up town. Don't ever follow that logic unless its 100 percent certain again using a cop example if some guy says I investigated Omis N1 he was town and is then lynched turns up Cop. I would alleviate some suspicion off of Omis if I had any but at that point he could still be indie or Godfather, no one is truly ever cleared in my mind unless there is some way to cast off ALL shadows of a doubt.

Batmafia comes to mind with Batman.
Sorry, I'm new. Please don't bang your head :laugh:

You do agree that he won't be nearly as suspicious as he is today if Yaya turns up town, though; and I agree that he won't be 100% never ever suspicious again, so I guess our conflict is simply a matter of degree, or perhaps the definition of cleared.

Also, in your example, the cop could be an insane cop :p

I hadn't even thought of Omis as an independent role. In HP, what kind of independent goals could there be?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry guys I've been a tad busy as of late and fallen a bit behind. I just wanna cover a few things real quick.

Though FF, what makes you think the death eaters are any less susceptible to the traps than the town? Its not like they are traps the mafia themselves set, its magical trials of the school of Hogwarts, who (once inside) is really not on anyone's side. In addition, I doubt that the mafia has much to gain from knowing where we are all going, tho I suppose its possible. This is mafia after all, not the fog or thing. By knowing where we are all going, perhaps they could place traps, but in all honesty thats more of a role I see for either Peeves or the Weasley twins, as a sort of prank thing. The death eaters were never really into the whole "ambush" thing, they usually went straight for their goals if memory serves.
You may be right, but I simply thought that it was highly feasible that the mafia may have the capability to set magic traps in rooms, or perhaps activate traps. Is it really beyond the realm of possibility for a death eater to put a curse or a hex on a commonly used or touched object? I don't see why you don't think the mafia would be able to fiddle with things like that honestly.

Sure, maybe those actions fit an independent or NPC role, but that definitely doesn't exclude the possibility that the mafia can screw with things too. The whole argument really just comes down to the fact that we don't know for sure what the mafia's capabilities are, and thus, we shouldn't be overly predictable until we know we can act in a predictable manner in some cases and not be punished for it. Its a simple question of risk and reward.

1048576 said:
Also, I went to the Transfiguration Library to find my parseltongue parchment, so nobody wastes their time travelling there.
I know you guys have been over this, but just thought I'd put in my opinion. Basically, the way this is worded, it suggests that 104 already knew that the paper was a possession of his, and was going to go retrieve it. I'm not sure if this is the case or not, but the point is, the way he worded it suggests that THAT was the case. The sentence even suggests INTENT for retrieval PRIOR to arriving. It's pretty blatant that that was the intent, or just horrid syntax.

If he meant to say that he found the paper and it's NOW his, he should have said something like "I went to the Transfiguration Room and found parseltongue paper which I picked up."

So yeah as far as the most recent content is concerned, I see some other people have noticed Omis. I was reviewing some of his most recent posts and they only reaffirmed my suspicions. I'm interested though about this who foe glass business. Would someone be kind enough to inform me as to who exact saw what in the foe glass? I was under the impression that only 2 people saw each other in the glass, but I guess that isn't the case?

I'd love to go into greater detail concerning Yaya and Omis but I need to get that cleared up first, and I need to take some time to reread some stuff.

Also, Kevin, thankyou for clearing up for 104 the whole "what constitutes a legitimate clearing" business. =)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Mentos saw Yaya in the glass, Yaya saw Mentos in the glass.

Your previous thing was a weak argument, but that + this make a pretty good one.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I never said it was an impossibility, merely an unliklyhood, which I maintain. It really seems like an Indy ability to me. But I concede it is a possibility, which is one of the main reasons I dropped the idea of planning where to go.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yaya and mentos both saw each other in the foe glass.

Each one of them heard a whisper, and neither are claiming to have said it.

This arises the possibility of a 3rd person being in the room and they are not saying so.

And also that both of them are not aligned; whether that be town/indie, mafia/indie, etc.

See my previous semi-long post (#335) for my thoughts on that.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Current vote tally:

Omis - 2: Frozenflame, Superstar
Superstar - 1: Junglefever
Marshy - 1: mentosman
Tom - 1 : Kevinm
Yaya - 1: Handorin

a deadline has been set for Wednesday, April 22nd @ 11:59 pm Eastern. There will be no extension given.

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Yaya

Smash Champion
No, I didn't.

I'd like to point out that M3D told us that we would have to scumhunt in order to win, and Mafia would have to get Town to Attack each other, that increases of the chances of a faulty Foe Glass, IMO.

Top Bottom