• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@Yaya: you said you didn't have time to go into more detail about your look into a foe-glass. How about now? Were you the one who said "the best defense is a good offense?"

@Mentos: Were you the one who said "the best defense is a good offense?" Or was there a third person in the room that you both claim to have gone into?

@Macman: Are you suspicious of anyone right now?

@Superstar: Can you remind me why you name+role claimed, fully? I still don't understand why you did, so being thorough would be nice.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
That wasn't my only question for you.

Oddly enough, I too found a foe glass, and it showed Mentos in it, so either we are opposite alignments, or it's not that special. I heard a whisper in the room, it said, "Don't be afraid, my friends, the best defense is a good offense!"

I am at school right now, so I can't go deep into this.
You said you 'cant go deep into it.' You saw him in the foe glass, and he saw you in the foe glass. Did you see anything else? Any more specifics? Did you get to keep the foe glass? You said you wanted to be more specific. Do you think you both are un-aligned?

Yaya

Smash Champion
No, I did not see anything else, nor was I able to take the Foe Glass.

The Foe Glass was by the Teachers Desk, that is pretty much as detailed as I can get without copying the PM.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
uuuuuuuuuuuuugh I also asked for your thoughts... why do you feel the need to be so brief?

Do you think this makes you un-aligned with Mentosman?

If there was someone else in this room, they should speak up.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Tom, to answer your questions, I did not make that whisper, and I don't know what to think about alignments. It is possible it makes us opposite alignments, but it is also possible it is a trap/trick put to confuse us.

Also, as a question to anyone else who heard a whisper during the night, assuming someone did, was it anonymous or did it say who was whispering. I thought it would be like the latter, and want to see if it's always anonymous or if you usually know who it's from.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Well, neither of you claim to have said the whisper, so chances are it was someone else who was in the room, said the whisper, but was not seen in either of your foe glasses. That would mean that you saw each other instead of seeing that third person, the whisperer. So why would you see each other instead of the talker? It inches closer to the idea that you are both unaligned, but it is not much to work from.

Handorin

Smash Hero
"You make your choice through a PM to me and you may add in a "whisper" to that PM. That whisper may be heard by other players in the same location, but there are ways in which they can be blocked or go unheard. "

So I doubt you will know who said it. Hence "whisper"

I also ask for the possible 3rd person to step forward.

I also believe we should go with this theory of unalignment between them and try a lynch. There isnt usually a whole lot to go off of on Day1, and I think this is more 'concrete' than the bathroom incident (there are more unknown variables there). It should give us more to work off of tommorow.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Our 3rd person, assuming he does exist, possibly used a spell to show the two off us.

It's a stretch though.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im thinking Mentos is the naughty one is the case between him and YAYA. I think a scum would realize that it would probably be beneficial to bring it up ASAP to put pressure on the other player.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Omis, you are ready to make judgment so quickly?

You don't find it suspicious that Yaya is immediately willing to say its the third, unknown players fault?

Yaya

Smash Champion
Don't twist my words, Tom.

I merely said it was a possibility, and even being the one who brought it up, I find it to be a bit of a stretch.

Omis

my friends were skinny

You don't find it suspicious that Yaya is immediately willing to say its the third, unknown players fault?
Im putting out what I think on the matter. Ive been thinking about this ever since Mentos first brought it up. Ive been carefully watching his wording to find scum tells. If I was really adamant I would have voted on it, which I didnt.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Our 3rd person, assuming he does exist, possibly used a spell to show the two off us.

It's a stretch though.

Don't twist my words, Tom.

I merely said it was a possibility, and even being the one who brought it up, I find it to be a bit of a stretch.
I don't see any word twisting. You call it a possibility, but it is the only possibility that you bring up or comment on.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omis, you do realize that I didn't say what it was right away, instead asking the town's opinion, putting a flaw in your reasoning right? I asked if town thought we should post if we found anything potentially useful, and when they agreed I posted what it was, even leaving the possibility it is a flawed artifact alive.

Omis

my friends were skinny
You asked because you obviously had the intention the share this information with everyone else. It may be my personal life taking a tole on me, but I find how you attempt to devalue it suspicious.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You asked because you obviously had the intention the share this information with everyone else. It may be my personal life taking a tole on me, but I find how you attempt to devalue it suspicious.
Omis, if you found a foe glass and it had KevinM in it, would you share that information with the class? Or would you keep it to yourself?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I see no difference between observing him for a while, with the intention to share it with others, and bringing it to light when you see other players bringing to light their nights and what they found.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I agree with Tom that Yaya is scummy. First off, he can't give us any specifics about the foe glass, which seems odd considering he early volunteered to do so. Was he waiting for mentos to give more info so that he could mirror that? Seems likely to me... Plus he instantly jumps at a small chance to cleanse himself at a lynch possibility, which House teaches us, is scummy as hell. Plus anything else I find when I go back... Be back soon.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh, and plus Omis ignores him and goes for mentos, and gives answers that would clear Yaya some.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Not neccesarily, but certainly one of them if Yaya is. You ignore someone perfectly scummy for another person less scummy. Not only does it incriminate you somewhat, but you dodged FOSing Yaya, who was more scummy, to Fos Mentos, which would make sense if you were alligned, thus also incriminating Yaya

Superstar

Smash Champion
I nameclaimed because I thought the flavor had relevance, and people were bringing up that Ron can open it. Since I thought it had relevance and thought people would get confused once I actually am killed, I wanted to find a way to say "it was another figure", but that would bring up too much attention and end up as a softclaim, so I nameclaimed.

It was more of a pressure from "how do I get this across" than "oh no they think I'm scummy". That'd be almost as bad as a terrorist role using his power on day 1 as soon as someone voted him [it happened and everyone was WTF NOOB YOU SUCK].

Unvote Vote Omis

Soon as you said this:
I think a scum would realize that it would probably be beneficial to bring it up ASAP to put pressure on the other player.
You made a stretch a little TOO large. One could keep it to himself, yes, but WHY? They saw a foe glass, with the other dude in it, a normal person would bring it up because that's suspicious. If Mentos dies, that information is lost, so since there is no gain from waiting the BEST thing would be to post it ASAP.

Plus your argument sucks.

It was a mistake possible of a townie, but it's the best thing I've seen all day.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Mentos isnt going to die first thing in the day. I think he should have kept it to himself a little bit longer to see how Yaya reacted without that knowledge. When people have pressure put on them they act more careful. Because of him bringing it up early, we didnt get to see how Yaya was planning on playing this game, which I think would have been beneficial before putting pressure on him. To see how his playstyle changes and whatnot.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol at the one-liner argument. Anyway, Omis, I have to agree with Tom that I don't see the difference between what I did and what you suggested. I posted it to share it, giving us as a town an idea of who to observe. It may have put pressure on him, but the second he posted he saw me, it put pressure on me, so it balanced as soon as that happened. People are more prone to slip with pressure, so by putting him into some(admittedly very, very weak pressure, as there are so many possibilities why I could have seen him that could incriminate me, him, both of us, or neither of us.). It was a risk for me to post that, I did so to give the town an idea of who to keep an eye on in case I were to die.

Yaya

Smash Champion
He posted it because it was information.

Neither of us KNEW we were in the same room, we had just seen eachother in the Foe Glass.

Your argument is pathetic, Omis, and I really want to vote you, but for now.

FoS: Omis

Top Bottom