• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

Superstar

Smash Champion
Your logic about mafia hunting is also horribly flawed. Sure, a godfather is harder to gimp than other mafia members but he's no harder to catch than any other mafia member. If you're playing mafia like a game determined by how successful night abilities are, you're playing the game wrong.
That looks all well and good in theory, but it's not how the game ends up working. I've had many a time where people give the most incriminating scum tells, and they happened to be telling the truth. Likewise, some of the most towny of people ended up being mafia. You can go chasing scum tells, but there is certain X luck in the mix. With the godfather, there's a bit more luck involved, and a cop clearing him causes much confusion, which, admittedly, helps the mafia a lot, since they thrive on confusion. In the endgame, catching the godfather is looking at who was the most scummy in the mix, and making a guess.

Just because someone makes a scum tell, doesn't mean you should bag them for it. It just means you need to focus on them. Day 1 though, it's hard to get lynches based on reasoning.

Are you seriously trying to defend him by saying HE didn't know what he did?
No, I just said it was likely he didn't know it was a bad idea. Don't put words in my mouth.

I'm just saying his was a scum tell that could just as easily have been made by a townie. It's one of those kinds that very likely will get you screwed if you go seriously on it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
My plan might not have been extremely well thought out. It was more of a place to get some discussion started. Completely bagging on me for trying to get discussion started it quite unfair, if you ask my opinion. It seems to me like you a trying to steer conversation away from the flavor. I dont really think it is the best basis but it seems to hold more water than the vote throwing you've done to me.
I believe that to be a good idea. As the mod said, we need to rely more on scum hunting. Dwelling on something that is not scum hunting will only hurt us in the long run.

I'm glad that you were trying to get discussion started because that's what it did.

However I'm not bagging you for that. It's for the scum tells that I detailed earlier.

I'm not trying to steer conversation, I'm just trying to bring some balance to it. How is bringing in discussion of something not flavor related to forefront an act of trying to steer conversation away from the flavour? Why can't we have both instead of just ALL flavour discussion? I said I wanted balance and that's what I'm trying to create. Making baseless accusations like that doesn't help your case.
I prefer mapquest
That's a good one too.
Google maps is the best.
True dat. DOUBLE TRUE

For the record, I agree with FF that discussion of both is good. I still want Marshy to post his ideas about the flavor though.
And in my opinion, that's really the extent that needs to be gone at the moment. After he posts his bit, then we might have a bit more speculation. But soon after, it would be best to make a decision.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
No, I'll tell you how the game really works.

You focus on in game behavior. You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT rely on the night game. Stuff like the godfather having a hidden identity is exactly WHY you don't rely on that stuff. If can point you in the right direction, but ultimately you must rely on reading peoples' behavior in the day phase to win the game. People who correctly read and act on scumtells will win. Those who miss them and/or pick them up and poorly deal with scumtells will lose.

Putting pressure on people who act scummy is the best thing to do in any game of mafia. When you put people under scrutiny, their true colors will show. That's the kind of latent pressure that should be prevalent throughout the game in order to for mafia slip ups. Also, the more pressure and discussion there is, the more material we have to draw conclusions from.

tl;dr learn mafia metagame (Protip: You don't win game based on power roles)

Superstar

Smash Champion
Stuff like the godfather having a hidden identity is exactly WHY you don't rely on that stuff.
Which is exactly why I jumped on it. Especially for the Godfather, you can't rely on night roles, and a good Godfather can keep the town guessing.

Whether or not you have power roles on your side, finding the mafia is a matter of scumsearching and guesswork. Technically, the best use of powerroles RELIES on scumtells and guesswork. Night roles picked entirely out of a hat don't usually work.

Putting pressure on Omis is good, but if you continue, then you're doing what you say is bad, poorly dealing with scumtells. I haven't seen you continue too hard on him, which is ok.

Either way, I never said to rely on night roles. If I did I'd ask for a no-lynch and for the cop to claim. You're putting words in my mouth again.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Ah, and something I noticed after I posted:
Which means you completely disagree with:
That looks all well and good in theory, but it's not how the game ends up working. I've had many a time where people give the most incriminating scum tells, and they happened to be telling the truth. Likewise, some of the most towny of people ended up being mafia. You can go chasing scum tells, but there is certain X luck in the mix. With the godfather, there's a bit more luck involved, and a cop clearing him causes much confusion, which, admittedly, helps the mafia a lot, since they thrive on confusion. In the endgame, catching the godfather is looking at who was the most scummy in the mix, and making a guess.

Just because someone makes a scum tell, doesn't mean you should bag them for it. It just means you need to focus on them. Day 1 though, it's hard to get lynches based on reasoning.
By disagreeing, you're saying we should do a witchhunt on everyone that has a bad idea. But you argue as IF I was saying to rely on night roles, when my argument was that not all scum tells end up on a scum. And I'm saying this from experience, I've gone aggro and seen people go aggro [who were town] on people who gave scum tells left and right. The result was a townie.

Words in my mouth again.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
FF is right. Especially given M3Ds warning, we absolutely need to worry more about behavior. He even flat out told us we couldn't rely on the night game due to the artifacts and everything. What we need to do is focus on what's being said and done. However, I do think Omis simply did not know exactly how badly his suggestion could work out for town, which is the difference between it being a scumtell and just an idea.

Superstar

Smash Champion
He is right that ingame discussions matter more than the night game.

However, I didn't say otherwise. That's what I was defending myself from. You just can't outright exclude night actions, they DO help, but certain roles and the sparity means you can't rely on it. Getting the GF is better because it's one of those things that weaken the power of night actions severly, it's one of the biggest reasons why night actions are a reliance.

You can't just jump at every scum tell though. Pressure, yes, but it looked like he wanted to outright lynch him. The difference between a big scum tell and one that a townie could have made however can only be obtained through experience. That and playing with the dude a lot.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'd also like to point out it is highly possible that Voldemort isnt a Godfatheresque role. He is Voldemort, DUH he is mafia. I think it is more likely that someone else (Such as Lucius Malfoy) who has two lives for nearly 20ish years.

Handorin

Smash Hero
"He is Voldemort, DUH he is mafia."
-Meaning we all know his alignment, so it should be able to discern for a cop like role.

"I think it is more likely that someone else (Such as Lucius Malfoy) who has two lives for nearly 20ish years."
-Meaning it is more hard.

Smash Master

You focus on in game behavior. You ABSOLUTELY DO NOT rely on the night game. Stuff like the godfather having a hidden identity is exactly WHY you don't rely on that stuff. If can point you in the right direction, but ultimately you must rely on reading peoples' behavior in the day phase to win the game. People who correctly read and act on scumtells will win. Those who miss them and/or pick them up and poorly deal with scumtells will lose.

Putting pressure on people who act scummy is the best thing to do in any game of mafia. When you put people under scrutiny, their true colors will show. That's the kind of latent pressure that should be prevalent throughout the game in order to for mafia slip ups. Also, the more pressure and discussion there is, the more material we have to draw conclusions from.

tl;dr learn mafia metagame (Protip: You don't win game based on power roles)
Dude, just a game on a forum about Super Smash Brothers. You could stand to be a tad less brash.

Superstar

Smash Champion
Actually, it is (In my opinion) more game mechanics than flavor.
It's as flavor as anything else.

Arguing over what roles certain chars may have. It is a pretty win one, though. Didn't cross my mind.

If I can find the role list for one themed mafia I did, I'd post it. From what I remember though, Peach was lovers with Bowser, Bowser was a goon to Toadsworth, and Peach was Toadsworth's lyncher. Dr. Phil was the town doc.

The title hinted it wouldn't be real flavor, though, but this isn't a "Hell in the Harry Potter" mafia, so, meh.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I do agree with Handorin. Voldemort is NOT going to be the godfather. Someone like Snape, Karkaroff, Malfoy, are all more likely to be so because they kept up seemingly upstanding lives outside of the Death Eater business, and would be more likely for such a role. If anything Voldie is gonna be along the lines of a bullet-proof maf, or we will have a chance to destroy the equivalent of horcruxes to get to him. Which reminds me, if ANYONE finds something that was a horcrux in the book, keep it to yourself and find what you need to destroy it. If we do have a thief role as Tom gave the idea of earlier, and it is mafia aligned, we would need to keep them a secret and destroy them without anyone knowing until after they're gone to not give mafia too much power.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Someone call the waaaaaaaaambulance for Superstar. Pathetic, accusing me of putting words in your mouth even though everything I accused you of saying is exactly what you said. Reread your own post.

Just because someone makes a scum tell, doesn't mean you should bag them for it. It just means you need to focus on them. Day 1 though, it's hard to get lynches based on reasoning
You argue here that because people who are town slip up sometimes and do scummy things, you can't rely on scumtells to figure out who is mafia. You then go on to assert the the game basically devolves into info you obtain in night phase and "guess work." This is complete crap. You argue that because there is the chance that a simple noob mistake can be misinterpreted as a scum tell, you can't rely on them to figure out who the mafia is.

Newsflash, you put pressure on each and every action that seems to be a scum tell to figure out whether or not it was a legit scum tell or a simple mistake. This is what the discussion is for. I can tell you're new to the game because you're accusing me of being deadset in wanting Omis lynched even though I just put a vote on him. I voted for him because I'm focusing on discussing him right now. In the early game, marking your suspicions with votes is standard play. You obviously can't do that in lynch or lose situations, but that isn't the case here. I'm NOT dead set on getting Omis lynched. I've simply pointed out what I find suspicious and am entertaining other opinions on it. Just because I vote for someone doesn't mean I'm never unvoting them, but your immature mind seems to be convinced that once I pick a target I'm foaming at the mouth trying to get him killed. This is a very common scrubby misconception. I'm simply putting pressure on him. That's it.

Does it make sense why I completely disagree with the post I quoted now?

Dude, just a game on a forum about Super Smash Brothers. You could stand to be a tad less brash.
Dude, just a game on a forum about Super Smash Brothers. You could stand to take things a little less personally.

People, don't waste your time with comments that his. Ronike that means you too. We don't need game moms to call the waaaambulance for people.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The fact that Superstar and Marshy gained access to the Chamber of Secrets by going to the Girls Bathroom has been considered by you all to carry the requirement that one of them has to be mafia. Why can't the Girls Bathroom --> Chamber of Secrets just be a path that anyone can take? While it is easy to suspect one of them for knowing Parsletongue and consider them mafia, acting on such a narrow theory would be tunnelvisioned.

@Superstar: Your claim was absolutely unnecessary. You and Marshy were the center of discussion on Day 1 about a flavor mechanic, and some of you seriously think that its now a case of one-or-the-other? And you seriously thought you had to name claim to get yourself in the clear? I don't even want to believe that. Why would you claim Ron for seemingly no reason? You had no votes on you. You didn't need to clear yourself of any real suspicion. I am forced to think that you are inexperienced and didn't think through the power of keeping your name to yourself, but then you insist that you have played over a handful of mafia games before. Which makes me absolutely entertain the idea that you are Ron but Ron is mafia, and you were excited to 'clear' yourself and did so at an unnecessary time.

Another thought that comes to mind is that, considering M3D's other game, TMNT, had very few, if actually any, solidly vanilla townies, and you have claimed Ron and no powers, your claim could be false. Of course, the game will have to progress for this to be seen. I have a feeling that every role has a special little power or ability to it, but I could be wrong.

@Superstar: You also make comments like this:

I am assuming a standard flavor mafia with an adventure twist though, so I don't think Potter would be a PGO Nexus Cop Doc.
You cannot assume standard flavor mafia or anything of the sort. You may have played games before, but this is your first game at SWF isn't it? Also, this is your first game hosted by M3D, isn't it? There could be a godfather, but there doesn't have to be. The mafia leader could have some other power, like night-kill immunity+retaliation where he kills the shooter (TMNT mafia). There could be a cop, but there doesn't have to be... there could be a team of trackers instead. There could be a doctor, but there doesn't have to be... there could be a bodyguard who 50/50 kills himself or the attacker instead. You really cannot assume anything to find sure footing.

@mentos+Yaya: mentos claims to be in a certain area and to have found a Foe glass which shows him Yaya. This almost incriminates Yaya against mentos. When Yaya makes it in to post, he states that he also found a Foe glass, and that mentos was in his. This, flavor wise, would put them at odds with each other. Yaya then says that he heard "The best defense is a good offense" in his room, and mentos says that they were in the same room.

That is quite the bit to think about.

I got "crucio"ed last night. It seems to have been some kind of roleblocking.

For various reasons, I'm rather confident that the target will know they've been roleblocked with crucio whether or not they performed a night action.

I think it would be smart if, from now on, whoever is hit with the crucio curse each night reports it in the thread. Since it is an unforgivable curse, any role who used it regularly each night would almost certainly be mafia.
Crucio could easily be a mafia roleblock. I think it is also a good idea for anyone in the subsequent nights who gets crucioed to say so in the day.

BLEH, I might need to hugging role claim just to avoid later confusion.

<- Ron

But the PM said "someone else" opened it.

I was seriously debating this in this head. Might as well state I have no power role, though.
I dont even like to look at this.

No i refuse to believe it would be so easy and simple to mimic parseltongue. It's ****ing hisses and stuff. You'd would prolly have to get the pitch/tone and stuff right. What so anyone can open the chamber by just hissing. gtfo of here
LOL.

I was actually just going to say to have the doc protect Marshy, since there is no better target to protect anyways, but...

Yeah.

If it IS Potter though, Doc found himself a good buddy.
Why is there no better target to protect?

I love how we're all assuming that Super didn't open the door, and that just because Marshy and him were mentioned by Myrtle they were the only ones in there>_> First of all, we have no proof that Super is telling the truth, that there's not some flavor related to the 7th book that let's him in if he is, we don't even know for sure he's town aligned. But somehow Marshy is getting accused left and right. Second of all, this isn't the books. We have no way to be sure that only Voldy/Harry can open the chamber, so this is ridiculous throwing of suspicion at this point. It may end up being the case, but right now we DO NOT KNOW and we don't want people name/role claiming due to hearsay by an un-insured townie. For all we know he's trying to out things right now
This. this. this. this. this. THIS. Thank you mentos.

Really? You think a fresh newbie who revealed his role early day 1 is trying to out information? I mean, it has given us some good talk points, but overall it was pretty stupid (no offense). And plus the fact that he claimed Ron (a role that pretty much is definetely going to be in)? And you think he is mafia? If there is a cc, then we have reason to doubt him, but there hasn't been. So UBER FOS: Mentos
Ronike, have these talking points been good talking points? So far, I agree with KevinM.

I just skimmed through 3 pages of flavor bull**** -_-.
Ronike, Superstar defended himself against accusations of newbieness saying that he has played a fair amount of games, so we don't have to hold him to any sort of a newbie standard. He claimed almost randomly. Ron is most definitely going to be in this game in some fashion, but he doesn't have to be a good guy. I agree with Mentos.

Wow, it's surprising that in a game where the mod says you actually have to "scum-hunt" to find the mafia, people are relying more than ever on flavour hints to find the mafia. Ironic.

It's funny too because Omis, who has already exhibited some scummy behavior, is just being left alone to slip under the radar while everyone is foaming at the mouth over Super's claim. Let's break this down shall we?

Super went ahead and gave us his little spiel on what "happened" in the girls bathroom. We know he was in there for sure, but beyond that, nothing he says is guaranteed. He's also claimed to be Ron, and considering we've seen no counter claim thus far, it's safe to assume he's telling the truth.

We have a few distinct possibilities in front of us. The best case scenario is that Marshy is indeed the godfather and we've already caught him. Marshy could also be Harry which, if forced to claim, puts him in a pretty dangerous position. I would also like to suggest the distinct possibility that a female NPC (female is very important, I'm inclined to believe that Myrtle won't scream at girls) such as "possessed Ginny" or something along those lines could have opened the passage. And who's to say Super isn't just trying to cover his *** when he, being Ron, could have been the one to open the chamber himself?

Personally, the way Super has been acting has me leaning toward the last possibility.

Why is Super so eager to spill everything? Why does super know so many details about the chamber opening? Why was he inspecting the sink and got a good look at the snake emblem? See where I'm going with this? It seems to me like Super decided to give opening the chamber a shot but then got antsy when people started tossing ideas of name claiming around, combined with myrtles outburst. Sure, he might be Ron who I'm gonna say is probably town aligned, but his reaction screams to me that he's uncomfortable under ANY sort of pressure. This isn't behavior that I wouldn't expect from a new player anyway. In all honesty it seems like he's trying to put what he sees as a mistake (opening the chamber) on someone else to keep himself from coming under fire? Why else would he be so quick to claim and spill everything he knows? Perhaps even, M3D is throwing us for a loop flavor wise (which would make sense as he said he wanted this game to be reliant on scum-hunting, not flavour riding) and Ron is actually mafia aligned. In that case, that explains Super's jumpiness even more.

Point is, we shouldn't be blindly trusting the guy who went nuts after being found out to be in the girl's bathroom and looked to shift attention elsewhere immediately. Hasty conjecture isn't going to help us.

Anyway, moving on...

Omis. How has no one noticed him at all? Look.

Trying to manipulate other players to test his own theories? Asking to coordinate exploration efforts despite the fact that there is virtually no way to enforce transparency in the reports that people bring back? Sounds like hes not only just info fishing, but wants to herd us where he wants us to go and create more night predictability. Guess who night predictability ultimately benefits? You guessed it, the mafia.

Vote: Omis

He's my top suspect at the moment I believe he deserves attention equal to the flavour shenanigans we've been dealing with.
Hay FF, nice to see you jump in and dispel the horrible happenings of flavorhugging.

vote: Omis

i agree with FF
By disagreeing, you're saying we should do a witchhunt on everyone that has a bad idea. But you argue as IF I was saying to rely on night roles, when my argument was that not all scum tells end up on a scum. And I'm saying this from experience, I've gone aggro and seen people go aggro [who were town] on people who gave scum tells left and right. The result was a townie.

Words in my mouth again.
It came to my attention that maybe you were somehow being sarcastic when saying "words in my mouth again" right after putting words in Frozenflame's mouth, but that would actually just be dumb.

---

You're telling me. I'm just defending myself from personal insults.
If you took offense to the small, minor personal insults that FF included in his posts that were CHALKED FULL of gameplay, theory, scumhunt, and logic, then you have a problem.

Numbers, you don't really have room to speak like that. Haha. FF is not in the wrong at all.

@Marshy: How to do feel to respond to the flavor and discussion that has put you in the middle of attention?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ah **** it, Im having a hard day full of work. Just ignore what Ive said so far. *sigh* Ill get back on this in a day or so.

Smash Master
Waaambulance is not a term which is conducive to scumhunting. It is conducive to flaming/trolling/douchebaggery. The rest of his post was insightful, though.

Keep the meat, trim the sour cream.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Who cares, I'd rather him get someone reviled up and posting off emotion then him just posting the "meat"

He can go on for three paragraphs on how he had sexual relations with your mother, if it makes you annoyed and slip I'm all for it.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
don't see why i should nameclaim. superstar is assuming i opened the chamber because i was the only other person revealed to be in there. i didn't actually open it though.

i visited the girls bathroom and myrtle was yelling my name. i then heard low hissing sounds and was told that i had the option of continuing and visiting the chamber of secrets next Night. when Day started and m3d told everybody that superstar and i were in the bathroom i remembered a few instances where good characters used parseltongue so kept quiet about it in case he was the one who whispered.

also unlike what superstar and ronike said the situation isn't "superstar is telling the truth so marshy has to either be potter or you know who so he should nameclaim!". that's a textbook example of a false dilemma. for all we know anyone who goes there will hear that or parseltongue will only activate the first time someone goes there or someone was able to get past myrtle without being seen by use of an artifact or spell.

Smash Master
Who cares, I'd rather him get someone reviled up and posting off emotion then him just posting the "meat"

He can go on for three paragraphs on how he had sexual relations with your mother, if it makes you annoyed and slip I'm all for it.
See, I think that's the wrong attitude. There's no money involved here. The only thing we gain from playing Potter Mafia is fun. What frozenflame is doing is like planking in friendlies.

Fun > Winning, IMO

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Waaambulance is not a term which is conducive to scumhunting. It is conducive to flaming/trolling/douchebaggery. The rest of his post was insightful, though.

Keep the meat, trim the sour cream.
Flaming: To engage in an online argument usually involving unfounded personal attacks by one or more parties.

Was what I said unfounded? No. Was what I said a personal attack? No. I'm sorry I don't sugar coat my reasoning and arguments such that it could never possibly be misinterpreted as a personal attack. I'm sorry that people are getting upset over words on a screen.

Point is, I wasn't flaming. Not even close.

Trolling: The act of contending that which is factually inaccurate, to be fact, or the act of purposefully espousing logical fallacies with the intent of frustrating, flustering, and upsetting opposing parties in an argument.

If you can't immediately tell that this doesn't fit anything I've done in this game, you have a serious problem.

Douchebaggery: The act of being a douchebag.

This is entirely subjective. I don't think I was being a douchebag. I was just being straightforward and wanted to make it clear why the people I was talking to were wrong. You're in the wrong game in you think not sugarcoating a dissenting argument makes you a douchebag. Others seem to agree with me as well.

I guess I don't fit into a single definition you tried to label me with. That's funny.

See, I think that's the wrong attitude. There's no money involved here. The only thing we gain from playing Potter Mafia is fun. What frozenflame is doing is like planking in friendlies.

Fun > Winning, IMO
I think YOU have the wrong attitude. What kind of self - righteous prick are you to impose what YOUR opinion of fun is on everyone else? Who made you the game mom? I have fun playing the way I am now. It's the way I've always played and probably will continue to play. Who are you to tell me I can't do that? You say I'm detracting from the fun of the game? No, YOU are because you're turning what I said into a big deal by turning it into a personal matter. You, and anyone else who does that, are taking something non-personal, and MAKING it personal, just because you feel the need to be the adjudicator of peace and justice. Its just a game right? Why do you have to get up in arms about it? Your own logic that you use to tell me my actions are unnecessary, is contradictory in that it also labels your actions as unnecessary.

You said it yourself, that Fun > Winning IMO. In your opinion. I have fun when I'm playing my best. I have fun when I help discussion by calling out the smallest scumtells and by engaging people in arguments so that they can become better players by learning from their mistakes. I have fun when games aren't ruined by stupid mistakes and stagnation because I'm actively working to prevent that.

Sorry we don't see eye to eye in how to "play for fun." If you can't take the heat, get out of the fire as they say. You've absolutely NO PLACE OR RIGHT to preach to me about how and can or cannot play a game of mafia. If I was causing serious problems, the mods will deal with it. Hell, we have enough of them playing as it is.

So, let's move on from that now shall we?

--------------------------------------------------------

I'm fairly inclined to believe Marshy's story. We don't really have any proof that Marshy or Super opened the chamber. As I said earlier, it may have been an NPC, or perhaps an invisibility cloak donning Harry Potter? That's really the nature of this whole flavour riding business. You see a coincidence and people are far to inclined to jump to conclusions when in reality, there could be a handful of equally legitimate possibilities.

Now that I think of it, if Marshy did open the chamber, wouldn't it make sense for him to have entered it? I doesn't make sense for him to still be in the bathroom if his intention was to go there.

On top of that, as I've detailed before, if it had to be either Super or Marshy who opened it, my guess would be Super considering how he's handled the situation to this point, as I detailing in a prior post.

This whole situation is messy though. I'm not even sure where to go from here as far as this topic is concerned. :dizzy:

Does anyone else have an opinion on Omis?

Smash Master
Waaambulance =/= scumhunting. It was unnecessary and uncalled for to use that word. In fact, I would consider it an unfounded personal attack (flaming). Nobody was crying, and it had nothing to do with the game.

As for the second quote, I wasn't saying that your way of playing was the unfun way; I was saying that KevinM's suggestion that it's perfectly okay to personally insult people in order to identify the scum is, IMO (and I did qualify it with 'I think',) a poor way to play a forum mafia game with no money on the line.

You really do like putting words in other people's mouth. That's a scumtell, dontchaknow.

Ronike

Smash Ace
A) He said conducive to those definitions, not that you are, but w/e. I agree you weren't being/being conducive to Trolling or Douchebaggery, and only maybe a little conducive to flaming, but whatever, my opinion.
B) I agree with FF, lets agree to disagree about this, as personal character has absolutely nothing to do with whose on what side. FF is either our anti-hero townie type, or our typically evil scum. Either way, it doesn't really matter how he acts.

Anyways, now that I think about it, I see its equally likely that one of them opened it as someone who speaks parsletounge opened it and went it immediately/all the other situations. We really don't have enough info to pursue it. Just everyone keep it in the back of their heads that Supes or Marshy may speak parsletounge, and lets move on with that too.

Like I said, I don't think Omis' idea was too scummy, but in hindsight probably not the best of ideas. Though FF, what makes you think the death eaters are any less susceptible to the traps than the town? Its not like they are traps the mafia themselves set, its magical trials of the school of Hogwarts, who (once inside) is really not on anyone's side. In addition, I doubt that the mafia has much to gain from knowing where we are all going, tho I suppose its possible. This is mafia after all, not the fog or thing. By knowing where we are all going, perhaps they could place traps, but in all honesty thats more of a role I see for either Peeves or the Weasley twins, as a sort of prank thing. The death eaters were never really into the whole "ambush" thing, they usually went straight for their goals if memory serves.

Smash Master
Anyway, I'm willing to be a guinea pig for the town, since I'm pretty ignorant as to the happenings and whatnot. I'm not sure how to implement that idea, though.

Also, I went to the Transfiguration Library to find my parseltongue parchment, so nobody wastes their time travelling there.

Smash Master
Gah, ninja'd

Also, wtf, you could have said, "both of you drop it," or something :)

Smash Master
Oh sorry, transfiguration classroom. Room 1.

Geez I'm such a Karthik King. I spent five minutes making that post too.

Ronike

Smash Ace
FF already said he wanted to drop it. You were the one that continued

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Anyway, I'm willing to be a guinea pig for the town, since I'm pretty ignorant as to the happenings and whatnot. I'm not sure how to implement that idea, though.

Also, I went to the Transfiguration Library to find my parseltongue parchment, so nobody wastes their time travelling there.
Whats a parseltongue parchment

Handorin

Smash Hero

I'm not sure how there can be a guinea pig for anything.

So apparently we need that parchment for some reason, probably to open the chamber if you wish. Which means normal people cant open, which leads to someone already knew parsel tongue in that bathroom (visible or claimed) and it became accessible to everyone there.

but here I am wasting time on flavor.

Top Bottom