• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Harry Potter And the Deathly Mafia - Peeves/Mafia WIN!

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm confused how parseltongue can be written? isn't a bunch of hisses? so how could one read the tones of hisses?

Ronike

Smash Ace
Your right, its absolutely impossible to write in a foreign language

はい、かえません。

Superstar

Smash Champion
When you say this:
You argue here that because people who are town slip up sometimes and do scummy things, you can't rely on scumtells to figure out who is mafia. You then go on to assert the the game basically devolves into info you obtain in night phase and "guess work." This is complete crap. You argue that because there is the chance that a simple noob mistake can be misinterpreted as a scum tell, you can't rely on them to figure out who the mafia is.
I know we're in a misunderstanding. I said my thing because the way you mentioned it sounded like you were saying "lynch Omis on the spot", didn't look to me like a vote for pressure's sake. Vote for pressure's sake is fine in most circumstances, but I meant that one can't accuse and then have a bandwagon spree [which has happened on people that gave scum tells]. And by guesswork, I meant "partial" guesswork. Mostly it's using a whole bunch of reasoning, then making an educated guess. Think of prediction in fighters, for example.

It was just a fancy way of saying, "some scum tells aren't really scum tells, this wasn't".

I'm defending from "out of game" attacks, not my claim. Not in the slightest. I would like to drop it, though. What I've been "handling" was barely my claim at all.

----------------------------------------------------------

And I admit a nameclaim wasn't the brightest of ideas. It was more as an attempt to dispel confusion though, not to push pressure off of me [that wasn't my intention, there was absolutely no pressure, a few joke day 1 votes yes, but nothing serious]. But. since we're playing the game, not the flavor, I could be Harry, or even Dobby, it doesn't matter. A nameclaim isn't the worst of things.

@Marshy - Well, you sound honest to me. =/ Mertle is blind as a bat then though, but it wouldn't make any sense for M3D to mention an NPC in that yelling. But that ParselTongue Parchment is...wow.

Foe's glass might just show which two people are in the same room, or something. I'd look at those two, though.

About Omis, I do not know his identity, I just know that what you pressured for wasn't anything serious. And I still don't know why Macman just jumped for an Omis bandwagon. Maybe FF did it for pressure's sake, but Macman didn't look like he did. Just said "I agree with FF, vote Omis".

@Tom - Yeah, it is my first SWF mafia. Different sites have different metagames. For example, nameclaims are more taboo here. And, in a way, it's my first adventure game too [Escape is a puzzle game more than adventure].

And about my doc suggested, I mentioned that because it's day 1, most day 1 protections are just guesses. Still wouldn't be a bad protection though, Chamber is only open for one night, and both of us have access to it from being there the previous day.

I was there due to pervness though, I assume Marshy got my message. :laugh: (I sent it as a seperate PM RIGHT afterwards, so I hope it wasn't ignored)

Smash Master
I called it mine because it is now in my possession. I took it with me. Anyone who visits Room 1 will probably not get a similar parchment.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
so why did you say my parseltongue parchment
I do believe he called it "his parsletongue parchment" because he found it and it is now in his possession. If last night, I found a Time Turner, I would now consider it my Time Turner.

Superstar

Smash Champion
I know, it was just funny.

You worded it kind of bad.

Also, I went to the Transfiguration Library to find my parseltongue parchment, so nobody wastes their time travelling there.
For lazy people.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im starting to think that there is something in the Library that he doesnt want us to see. I dont see why he would tell us not to go some boldly. A simple "their probably wont be anything their" would suffice.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Omis, that is pretty much exactly what he said. He made it clear that if you went there, you probably wouldn't get one because he already got it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Guys can we stop focusing on the rooms, I don't care if you want to say I'm being scummy by actually wanting to discuss idk who could be scum. But instead we're just talking about the rooms, which granted are a piece of the game but at this point we're room hunting not scum hunting.

Superstar

Smash Champion
@Kevin - It's Day 1. The most common occurence for Day 1 is that someone messes up, everyone bandwagons him, then it's a townie. Day 2 is when they look at Day 1 and see how people acted on said bandwagon.

With the flavor tracking, early nameclaim, flame/defense cycle, and room discussion, we're kind of off-track. I'm not saying to do a no-lynch, but it'd be difficult to do normal day 1 shenanigans again at this point.

Depends on which brave soul wishes to reread the entire thing, but a late FOS to Macman's bandwagonning on Omis. I still can't get over that.

And Omis, the way you're trying to get something on 104 is starting to irk me. 104 really didn't do a scum tell, but it seems like you're trying to bag him. He's just saying that you don't have to go there cause he cleaned up the place.

And 104, might be best to give the parchment to someone else [secretely], cause you just told the Mafia you owned a valuable.

/me agrees with Handorin

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Super, I think the problem with that is he may straight up hand it to the mafia. While they may try to get it other ways(thief as tom suggested, kill), passing it may put it in their hands without any actions used for it by the mafia which is worse.

Superstar

Smash Champion
The chance of passing it on to Mafia though is usually a mere 25% in most games. Better than the near 100% of killing then losing it.

Probably made a mistake mentioning that, almost as bad as my nameclaim, given confirmed [even half-confirmed] townies are a very tasty target and I mentioned the chamber was open.

I like it when you use Super or Supe, I DO NOT like the name Superstar, but I need to pay to change it. ;_;

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
unvote: omis

I agreed with FF that omis's plan was dumb. And I like having my vote on someone.

I don't really think Omis's is very suspicious right now. I think that he genuinely believed that his idea was good for the town.

Omis

my friends were skinny
In my opinion, I think he should give it to someone who he thinks he can trust. It is highly likely that the mafia will kill him to obtain said object. I personally believe that you can take whatever objects you find on a corpse. We dont want this object getting into the hands of the mafia.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
He trusts himself, and he can just keep it himself.

A doctor could protect him tonight. Or could not. Mafia would risk targeting a docced target.

I say he keeps it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What?

A doctor could protect him tonight. Or they could decide not to protect him.

You silly.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Oh, I see what you're saying.

Mafia would have to risk targeting a docced player.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Grammatically speaking, there's nothing wrong with what I said. If they shot at him, they would risk targeting a docced player.

So wheres the problem, Macman?

Smash Master
I can give items to people? I thought all we could do was go places and whisper.

Top Bottom