• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest matchup for M3t@

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
just wondering. He does well against my two mains, and i need to pick a third character so any help is great

If this makes it easier, i use D3 and ZSS

metahunter

Smash Apprentice
not snake meta can omnigay falcos to slow and to short range. DK and ROB give him trouble thow

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Snake is definately Meta Knight's hardest matchup. His explosives stop MK from moving around so much - something he needs to do in order to be devastating.

waks

Smash Journeyman
Its either Snake or Falco, imo. Snake's tilts are just scary for MK T_T

Olimarman

Smash Ace
not snake meta can omnigay falcos to slow and to short range. DK and ROB give him trouble thow
This is almost impossible to pull off. You can't say that this technique alone makes Mk better than Snake. Snake is probably Mks worst matchup. Dk and zelda have given me problems as well.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Like people are saying, Falco and Snake. The only two higher then MK in the Tier List. ^_^ Well, Falco probably won't be in the early Tier Lists, but he will be eventually... >_>

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost biased to being snake because they're so overused now it's really starting to get annoying...i might try falco for my third, thanks for the help meta community

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I was actually going to ask this very same thing, except I was going to title it, "WHO IS THIS GOD **** GAME DOES WELL AGAINST THIS ****ING CHARACTER"

I suppose brawlerbrad put it a little more eloquently and delicate than I would have.

Would someone please be kind enough to give me the character they think has the largest advantages against Metaknight and why?

So far I'm hearing Falco, DK, and Snake. I'm already picking up Falco and if he does well against MK than bonus for me, but I'm also thinking about picking up with DK and Snake. I would love some solid fact or opinion. Help me out guys.

M@v

Subarashii!
snake. but i've had some of my most sastisfying kills against snake. I nailed a snake above the screen with a shuttle loop :D.

Master Raven

Smash Master
In no order:

Snake
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Falco
DeeDeeDee
Lucario
ROB
Marth

Yeah, not all of these are MK's most difficult matchups, but they certainly can pose problems with MK in the right hands.

Master Raven

Smash Master
For Chrissakes I main him and I have had actual difficulty with those above characters before.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
u ever play a good donkey kong?

arhhh that fsmash is just waiting for mk to run into it lol and the stupid giant punch mindgames

Roager

Smash Ace
DK, Falco, Marth, Zelda, and other MKs have given me difficulty before. Mainly DK and Zelda. I'm surprised so many people list Falco and not Zelda. Her range and sweetspotted aerials can be devastating.

Oh yeah, and Toon, if played well, is a tough one.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I think Diddys a good match His Bananas can stop tornadoe by throwing or if u slip. Its hard to approach diddy on the groundd (sumtimes even the air) because his bananas. Diddy can do his little Side B and his Up B to save him so sumtimes it can get hard to follow him in the air. MK probaly still has the advantage here but A good Diddy could be a problem

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? lol
well you see you stated:

You're stupid if you think Falco is easy for MK. Play a good Falco and you'll change your mind.
And so I added more into that by saying that any character is difficult played by the right hands.... then I just randomely stated a few examples of players who can make characters difficult...

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Yeah, but...that isn't what the question was here. >_> We know that a great player playing a character will give you problems. ;[ The characters that give MK difficulty when the players are near equal skill wouldn't include most of the cast.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
does anyone hav probems vs a good ike? i always underestimate him and they auto cancel some moves and the all his attacks kill at like 79%

lol new tactic. switched to snake. 3 stocked him. ikes recovery sucks so bad xD

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
No matter what, Toon Link isn't difficult on Meta Knight. Even though he has the most annoying projectiles in the world, he is very easy to gimp from where I see it.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So, why does Falco have the adv. over MK? Not disagreeing, I just want to hear specifics so I can see if I might work with it.

Lesee, I know a grab = 60%, lasers hurt and go through tornado. Usmash is probably best kill move, as the others seem kinda tough to land against MK. Anything else about the matchup?

kirbenjie69

Smash Rookie
I really don't understant how snake is competition for Metaknight.
Snake is so much slower than MK, and MK won't let snake any time to think and perform good combos...

i would agree with dojo, a better MK.
also Marth or Link

Top Bottom