• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest game you ever played

Synthe

Smash Journeyman
The hardest game i ever played was Ninja Gaiden for Xbox. There was this part were this serpent lady came crashing through the window in some kinda church temple. But anyway, i thought she was going to be easy cause she kept doing the same moves. But when her health was low.....OMG........she start using telekinesis rock throws that bring down alot of damag. I lost to her about 37-40 times. after that i quit.
Its not that i suck, I was a boss slayer until I made it to her. I still probably cant beat her..

At least i can beat Ninja Gaiden for DS

Overload

Smash Lord
I remember a topic like this a while back. I'm trying to recall what I posted there. . .
The original Donkey Kong is pretty hard.

Astraphobia

Smash Cadet
A lot of people say they find the original Donkey Kong hard, though I personally find it to be rather easy. The NES Megaman games (except perhaps the second one..) are all pretty hard in my eyes.

Overload

Smash Lord
A lot of people say they find the original Donkey Kong hard, though I personally find it to be rather easy. The NES Megaman games (except perhaps the second one..) are all pretty hard in my eyes.
How many screens have you beaten? Also, the arcade version has an extra screen over the NES version. Try getting to the kill screen and tell me it isn't hard haha.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hasn't this thread already been made somewhere not to mention that this isn't the right forum section for this?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
op is right, ninja gaiden for xbox is ****ing hard LOL

the MGS series on the european hard mode or Super Awesome Big Boss mode or whatever the game calls it that day, the super hard mode, that stuff is hard. No kills no alerts, that stuff.

Northy

Smash Rookie
all that i can think of is... battletoads and probotectors

(dunno if thats the right spelling for probotectors, haven't played in years... its this side scrolling game with robots and such for the NES)

EDIT: according to wikipedia, it was Originally called contra or something like that...

IchigoKurosaki9999

Smash Rookie
I would say legend of zelda: ocarina of time purely for the fact I cannot get past the Forest temple as adult Link but then there is also final fantasy 3 DS which i'm stuck on but usually can't be bothered to play LOL!

Northy

Smash Rookie
I would say legend of zelda: ocarina of time purely for the fact I cannot get past the Forest temple as adult Link
are you serious.. i've played and finished that game about 20 times... i can do the whole thing in one sitting i finished it for the first time when i was about 8 - 10...

its not at all hard, why are you stuck???

Geist

Smash Master
lol all of the original games are incredibly hard, most notable metroid for me. On the NES, that game was practically impossible (at least back when I was 6 or 7)

The original megaman games and contra were pretty badass too.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Hasn't this thread already been made somewhere not to mention that this isn't the right forum section for this?
Games are not constrained to the video variety. You have ball games, board games and sex games.

Hardest game I ever played was one me and my mates made in German class. If I remember correctly it was about nazis and there was a very bad Hitler square, we wrote the rules in german and thus couldnt understand what was going on half the time. Thankfully we didn't have to present this to the class, our risqué roleplay of a doctors appointment did not go down well.

Gryphon

Smash Journeyman
Games are not constrained to the video variety. You have ball games, board games and sex games.

Hardest game I ever played was one me and my mates made in German class. If I remember correctly it was about nazis and there was a very bad Hitler square, we wrote the rules in german and thus couldnt understand what was going on half the time. Thankfully we didn't have to present this to the class, our risqué roleplay of a doctors appointment did not go down well.
rofl...sex games

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Wow, so many of the games listed are hard, but old Atari and Nintendo games beat out any of today's games. Friday the 13th was almost impossible due to it's sheer randomness. The original Duck Tales for the NES was incredibly annoying yet fun. Whoever mentioned Contra I have to agree, I still don't think I've beat that game without the Konami code.

The real hardest game though is this.

Nintendood

Smash Cadet
I could never beat Pikmin, or Dynamite Headdy for the Genesis, or this game i used to have called Out of Gas on the Gameboy.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I know it sounds odd, but I could never beat this one game named:

"Piglet's Big Game" (for the Gamecube)

I swear, its ridiculous at the last level. You have to do some kind of insane button combo, to scare several "monsters", all in a very unreasonable time limit.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

This :laugh:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Ninja Gaiden for the NES. That game is harder than calculus.

Also, I seem to have been sigged. I would feel special, but it's just the internet lol.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Megaman 3 after you beat all the bosses. Just when you think its done you have 4 more and their incredibly hard. T_T

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Tails' Sky Patrol. I dare you to try.

Also, anyone who can A-Rank Metal Harbor in Sonic Adventure 2 deserves at least two cakes. I lost over 100 lives doing that...

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
dont laugh at me, but Im going to say Pokemon stadium 1 and some arcade games (i beat them but i brought a roll of quarters XD), you guys mentioned some old skool nes and atari games, idk i thought most of them were pretty simple like duck tales and ninja gaiden.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol all of the original games are incredibly hard, most notable metroid for me. On the NES, that game was practically impossible (at least back when I was 6 or 7)
Oh good god, yes. Try dying in Tourian.
You ALWAYS start with 30 Energy, no Energy Tanks filled, when you die. So yeah...fighting Metroids with 30 Energy is just...fun.

Also, due to a metric ton of objects on the screen during the Mother Brain fight, the game lags like hell, making it even harder.

rofl...sex games
Okay, yes, they said "sex games". Are we 5?

Also, anyone who can A-Rank Metal Harbor in Sonic Adventure 2 deserves at least two cakes. I lost over 100 lives doing that...
Yeah, that took me FOREVER. I don't remember how many lives or how long it took, but I remember it being very annoying and I hated it.

Hardest game I've played? Definitely an older game. Which one, I couldn't say -- Metroid is definitely up there, though. Also, doing a minimum% run in any Metroid game is extremely difficult. 1% runs in Metroid Fusion...yeah. That's fun. (Yakuza for the lose.)

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Dance Dance Revolution sieres, (most of them) when I play it on the hardest mode with the fastest mode, my legs was tired for a week after doing most of the songs in a lot of DDR games. XD

That and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes when I was 15.

Synthe

Smash Journeyman
I dot like Ninja Gaiden either, its only for Ninja Gaiden lovers!!!

Me ..............................I FAILD, just like Punk-Rock tried to kill The Metal (Tenacious D Joke)

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Ninja Gaiden on the NES was heaps hard. I got to a point where I could reach the level on the cliffs without dying, but could never get further than that. Suuuuch a fun game though.

Counter Strike is hard. Everyone is very very good at it online, so it's a steep learning curve.

DDR got pretty hard, as did EBA (canned heat ftl). Guitar Hero 3 was the first Guitar Hero I couldn't beat on hard, thanks largely to Raining Blood by Slayer. I'm normally decent at rhythm games, but I get the feeling my hours spent mastering Donkey Konga won't help me with RB's drums... Oh yes, and I can't ever win at singstar. This is because I'm a dude.

I for one also find Pictionary pretty hard.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I haven't found to many games to be hard, but I found Metroid, Ninja Gaiden, and Battle Toads to be some of the most difficult games.

I swear, I'll never be able to beat a Battle Toads game.

Top Bottom