• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest game you ever played

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The hardest part in Contra 3 for me were the stages that used an up above view. The controls and traps were evil. It also sucked if you didn't have a good weapon with you.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Mega Man 9.... Just got it a few days ago... I cant beat any levels... not even with Proctor Man [Not sure if thats his name]... It's really sad...

Sox

Smash Journeyman
Battle Toads. (2 player mode)
GG

I seriously don't think it can be done. If anyone has done this legitly let me know

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Viewtiful Joe. Wasent really hard just i only got one hit on the final boss. EVER
I agree but to be honest I never even got that far. The furthest I got was the part where you have to take on 4 bosses and then another boss (I think it's the second to last level).

Also, F-Zero GX was pretty hard. Grand Prix mode wasn't bad but Story mode was ****ing impossible. I got to like the fifth level. and then I couldn't go on anymore.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Reported. I'm schizophrenic.
...What?

What does that have to do with ANYTHING? I said "they", yes. When did that become an offensive word?

I THINK you're serious, but I can't tell. If you're serious, A) I have no clue where you're taking offense, and B) You need to...you know, not be offended so easily.

Because I meant no offense whatsoever by that comment.

If you're joking, it wasn't very funny.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Game Gear.

Not only was the first boss the toughest but you also couldn't attack yourself. :O

Throw in the fact that Eggman idiotically saved Sonic's life in Underground Zone Act 3. O:

Pas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Antilochos
3DS FC
2277-6656-7895
Also, F-Zero GX was pretty hard. Grand Prix mode wasn't bad but Story mode was ****ing impossible. I got to like the fifth level. and then I couldn't go on anymore.
So, for the same reasons, is Wipeout HD. Which is also awesome, for the same reasons.

Nanostray on the DS was far harder than I was prepared for.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
one game : Metal Gear Solid Twin Snake in EXTREME

seriously, that mode will make you grow gray hairs quicker.

aside from that game I also have to say the Lenus battle for Legend of Dragoon, seriously you need to be really rich to buy the necessary equipment, or do some serious leveling up, otherwise it's near impossible to win.
in which this case, I had a Codebreaker in handy to help me out, though I do regret it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 on the Game Gear.

Not only was the first boss the toughest but you also couldn't attack yourself. :O

Throw in the fact that Eggman idiotically saved Sonic's life in Underground Zone Act 3. O:
I used to own that game. Bosses were hard since you didn't have any rings on any of the Act 3. I felt so satisfied after beating the game with all the chaos emeralds.

one game : Metal Gear Solid Twin Snake in EXTREME

seriously, that mode will make your grow gray hairs quicker.
The MGS remake is the only MGS game I haven't played.

The H Kid

Original
The hardest one I ever played was Dragon Quest 8 for the PS2. You would get ***** in the first dungeon, like seriously. Leveling up is TOP priority in this game.
haha too true.

But the hardest game for me was ninja gaiden 2 (i think) on NES (i think)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'm playing "wait for the LBP recall to pass". Its a toughie.
Oh yeah... Something about lines from the Koran...

I WANT MAH LIL BIG PLANET NOW. We gotta wait another week... :(

I thought of another hard game... Strider Hiryu. That is some serious business right there. *no one has ever cleared this stage*

Bruneo

Smash Cadet
the hardest was kindom hearts one man i got to that first boss and i trryed everything and i couldnt do crap to it?? lol

Smash Journeyman
I thought Halo on Legendary and Gears of War on Insane was hard, then I played Trauma Center.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Gunstar Heroes and Astro Boy Omega Factor are really ****ing hard on the highest diffuculty. F-Zero GX is **** hard too. I had almost all the AX racers before my file corrupted. I;ve barely touched the game since.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And even then he was still ridiculously easy on Expert Mode...
hmm... if you are referring to Kingdom Hearts 2, then I have to agree, but in the Kingdom Hearts though, let me tell you, he was not stroll in the park, it took me a couple of tries before I was able to beat him at level 65.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My bad. I was thinking KH 2 for some odd reason.

Sephiroth in KH 1 was moderately hard for me. Strike Raid really helped that battle go a whole lot smoother. KH 2 is really easy, just guard.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I kinda think that games in general are never hard. And it's always tough to choose.

Maybe choosing the hardest accomplishment you've ever done would be easier.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
It isn't a hard game for me now but a game I used to struggle with growing up was Prince of Persia for SNES. You only had 2 hours to beat it or else the princess either died or married Jafar. There are 20 levels and several are challenging. What would suck is I'd get so far on a level, die from a long fall or something crazy and then have to start the level all over again. Sometimes the levels had hard traps like on level 13 with the Guard, Gullutine and the treadmill. Took me awhile to get by that one. If you lost a life you didn't get your time back either. Bosses were hard as well and it even made it worse to fight each one in order besides the Jumping Egyption dude on Level 19. Game used to anger me so much but was happy to finally beat it.

I've played Prince of Persia 2 for SNES and that one is just a difficult.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Three words, that strike fear into any gamers heart.

Ghosts and Goblins

All though Ninja Gaidan Black is probably the hardest "modern" game that a lot of people have easy access to.
I remember being so happy after beating Ghosts and Goblins until the game sent you back to the first stage. I didn't know you had to beat every stage twice to get the ending.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Me it was the first Paper Mario, at the second chapter was soo confusing. And now it's Blue Dragon for some reason, it's a very long game as well.

Top Bottom