• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hardest Boss Move To Dodge?

cloudenvy112

Smash Apprentice
i mean, there's at least one you can't dodge,or have a hard time dodging

to me, its that one move tabuu does, where he goes in the back

and does that one move that gives 140 damage

i don't know how to dodge it,

i think you gotta jump and air dodge?

am i right?

i did that a few times and i dodge it but he does it three times

omg i hate that move :mad:

is that the hardest?

if you have any questions, just ask SBF. thanks SBF for your smartness. :)
For me, the hardest move to dodge is Master Hand's Finger Drill. Tabuu's Butterfly move is probably the second hardest.

For Tabuu, he has an attack pattern of 8, so he does a set of 8 moves (some could be the same) then he'll start all over with a different pattern. Best believe every 4th attack (meaning 4th and 8th) he'll perform his Butterfly Blast in the back. Simply wait for the waves to come to you and spotdodge as it passes by. This is done three times so three spotdodges. I would not recommend air dodging as you will be delayed as you hit the ground. It's simple to get the timing down. Just practice on SSE Tabuu.

The_Final_Smasher

Smash Rookie
Rayquaza's Thunder, Tabuu's whip, Duon's Dash move for some reason, and any other subtle things such as Duon grinding its wheels or Galleom's face when he shoots the missles.
I have tried beating boss battles on intense without taking damage, and I succeeded 1 out of, like, 50 tries. Sadly I didn't have a camera at the time. :(

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
Tabuu's wave move... :mad:
Especially when the character's B-Up (Ness, Lucas, Ike, Link, etc.), either puts them in a helpless state, or like Ike's B-Up, he slams back down to the ground, because with most double jumps, chances are you'll manage 2 air dodges, then get KO'd while trying to do the 3rd one. :psycho:

Zestablar

Smash Rookie
Rayquaza's Thunder, Tabuu's whip, Duon's Dash move for some reason, and any other subtle things such as Duon grinding its wheels or Galleom's face when he shoots the missles.
I have tried beating boss battles on intense without taking damage, and I succeeded 1 out of, like, 50 tries. Sadly I didn't have a camera at the time. :(
What he said.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rayquaza's Thunder is tough to dodge, but it's more of a nuisance than a threat. Porky is definitely the boss with the hardest moves to dodge, especially on Intense difficulty.

Knuckles_Fan

Smash Rookie
Tabuu's wave attack, by a million, gajillion miles. Porky's running attack pisses me off too.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
Tabuu Off waves are so easy to dodge, I don't know why people say it's hard. But my choice would have to be Duon's blue homing laser thingy's <_< annoying as hell

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
It's not that hard to dodge, really.
I agree with Hive Mind. U can easily dodge it. ur not allowed to use air dodging instead use ground dodging. press Z + controlstick down. u have to do this 3 times cause Taboo makes 3 waves. But still, u guys are kinda right. when i first beat Taboo it took me like 7 retries. but now for me the most difficult boss attack to avoid is rayquaza's explosion attack. the one where his eye shines for a short moment and suddelnly u explode. It's really hard do dodge. at least for me.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
I find it really easy to dodge Tabuu's wings personally.
what is nearly impossible to dodge is Rayquaza's lightning. Now this says "dodge" not "guard". Cuz i understand that u can shield it duh.

Nessgod

Smash Cadet
The hardest boss move to dodge for me would be Porky's laser move, the one he does with his hands...I never seem to be able to dodge it...

You have to be in midair then on the ground then midair again.

While in the air R/L, then drop to the ground quickly, then jump back in the air and dodge R/L

Blobby

Smash Cadet
I hate the thing where Tabuu goes to the middle and uses his wings and everything dies... Luckily I have Meta Knight to stop that... After many tries.... Also, what do you mean by the 3-wave? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb or anything.

lOreo

Smash Rookie
Prihana Plant's Jump Attack o-o
Just Kidding lol
for me its uhhh... o-o Crazy Hand's grab

Edit:Tabu's attack fail cuz ima mk main o-o
IDC ftw o-o

-_skinny_-

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3668-9841-7290
Ok, i hear everyone sayin that Porkys lazerball n Rayquazazazz lightning are the hardest but i dissagree completelly. For Porkys lazer, when it firt shows up in ball form i double jump while im bout the distance of a roll away and when i come down thats when i airdodge to avoid it while moving towad him, then roll away and repeat (basically move in a circle)
And for Rays lightning i just run around like crazy n right when i hear it, i roll

I find the hardest to dodge is the first hit of Taboos off-wave, but if you get that the rest is easy

Brawler17

Smash Cadet
Ok don't know if this was already posted but one boss move that u can not dodge (i believe its impossible) is when master hand drills into the ground. all u can do is shield it. not only does he home in on u but if you dodge it pulls u right back into the attack.

and tabus waves r easy to dodge once u get the timing down right. (down dodge with just the right timing)

Top Bottom