• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hamilton, Ontario S.S.B.B. CASH TOURNY DEC 27!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lol this topic got raided by steves tourney XD.........so srsly who am i going to be seeing on saturday?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Yeah 10$ singles, 5$(per person) doubles sounds awesome.

Reminds me of David's old melee biweeklies, although people eventually wanted more money and it went to 15$

Ralphalaus

Smash Rookie
I'll try and go to this one, would love to see how these tournaments work, something new for me outside of the tcg world. Just curious, how are these tournament like? Such as level of competitiveness, amount of people, etc. thanks.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Yeah 10$ singles, 5$(per person) doubles sounds awesome.

Reminds me of David's old melee biweeklies, although people eventually wanted more money and it went to 15$
Yeh, it's going to be like David's old biweeklies I guess.

How many people went to his though? Because it was kinda cramped. My house is a bit bigger, but I still think it's going to be cramped =P.

It would be awesome if I could have a tournament at my gf's house. It's a $4mill property. Her mom would never allow it though.

SmashCentralOfficial

I'll try and go to this one, would love to see how these tournaments work, something new for me outside of the tcg world. Just curious, how are these tournament like? Such as level of competitiveness, amount of people, etc. thanks.
Every tournament is usually insanely fun, even if there's bad organization.

There's usually 3 different skill levels I find.
There are people just learning the game.
There are people who are pretty good at the game, but aren't really there yet (Me).
And then there are the few guys that completely destroy everyone at the game.

Tournaments are really fun, but if you're on that First Skill level I mentioned, you better ask people for tips and pointers and play a lot of friendlies or else you may not have a great time.

My first tournament was a Melee tournament and I was pretty terrible. I wasn't really enjoying myself but then halfway through I decided to ask people for friendlies and tips on how to improve and I ended up having so much fun.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Oh man, it looks like Ambrose can't make it.
Is there any other way to get to this? (Anyone have any open car spots, etc?)
I wanted to hit up another tourny before I left :(.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
My prior arrangements seem to be very sick with vomiting and such... so most likely coming.

If you haven't already Preregistered me can you?
Also prereg "Atma" if possible ^^

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
All Pre-reg noted, we are working on more stations/screens, aiming for 6. We will be open at 12 and will allow tourney participants practice runs before start time.

As a side note...

We have a SmashNight tonight (and every friday), might make good practice for those of you needing pointers. I am still offering Designated Drivers, free entry during friday Smashnights. You need only be driving in at least 2 other people (gamers or spectators) and email me ahead of time.
Smashnights run every friday from 6-10 and cost $10 (one hour of warmup and 3 hours of round robin gameplay) and always end with a free six hour prize for top rank player. We keep track of win/loses and record matches. Smash Nights in January will feed into a ladder for those of you into competitive play.
Lorenzo.Somma@pownz.com

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
OMG PRIZES?

Like what?
right now prizes for smashnights are free hours so if your good you can come play for free. As the Ladders develop we will offer better weekly prizes, these night are not tournaments and are set up for Brawlers looking to get into the competitive scene and improve their game.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Oh **** son, this is tomorow. So you said we have from noon till the tourney starts for frienlies right??? Epics.

I'm looking foward to this now, how funny:laugh:

WIGI

Smash Champion
so wait.. we can;t even win money from this? we win hours? and crap this is tomorow.. im going to get ym guitar fixed at long and mcquade tomorow.. i dunno if im coming.. i need to save my money bigtime..

so unles you peeps are paying =P

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
so wait.. we can;t even win money from this? we win hours? and crap this is tomorow.. im going to get ym guitar fixed at long and mcquade tomorow.. i dunno if im coming.. i need to save my money bigtime..

so unles you peeps are paying =P
My apologies if I have confused any of you. The tournament tomorrow is for a cash pool.

100% of the $15 per person entry fee is going back to participants 1st place: %60
2nd place: %30 3rd place: %10

In a previous post I was letting people know that we have SSBB nights every friday that are just for fun with free hours as a prize.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
When's the latest time we can arrive there? I called before, and now it looks like our ride might be even later.

sauc3

Smash Lord
ugh, 15 dollars, 4 tv, and ambrose and ace. wuts the point. WHATS THE POINT!

but seriously i might come if i can get klare or Pil to come, otherswise its a no for me.

SmashCentralOfficial

Fail tourny is fail?

No really, I hope this turns out good. It's just the fee's are awfully weird.

This thing is more for like...a certain tight knit group of gamers that live in the area. Smashers from all over the place come to tournaments, so the extra $10 for the membership is kind of useless considering people won't be able to make it to the weeklies or anything. That's why a lot of people aren't going to be able to come.

I still think the services that Pownz provides are amazing though, but they're only useful to a small number of people.

If I lived nearby, I'd buy a membership and come to the weeklies without a second thought.

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeah no im not coming. my guitr took priority.. its been 3 years and over 400 $ in the making. tomorow is my chance to get it finished

Ralphalaus

Smash Rookie
How long does it take to get from brampton to Hamilton???

Edit

Never mind, mapquest it. If it's not freezing rain tomorrow, I might show to this. How many people expected to come??? I would like to get as much experience as possible. Plus anyone know stores in Hamilton that support Yugioh and Pokemon, would like to make my 1hr trip worth it.

Top Bottom