• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hamilton, Ontario S.S.B.B. CASH TOURNY DEC 27!

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
A recap for you southern Ontario Brawlers looking to score some cash this holiday season.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament
Date: December 27th 2008
307 King St East, Hamilton, Ontario.
Sponsor : Pownz Gaming Centre
Start Time: 3:30pm
Registration begins at: 2:00pm
Game Type: Singles
Cost Per Entry: $15 [members] $25 [non-members]
Prize Pool: 60 / 30 / 10
Registration Cap: 32 Participants
Advance registration: Yes

Rules: Standard Smash Boards Tournament rules
Stock: 3
Timer: 7 Minutes
Double Elimination Bracket

Maps:
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mario Circuit
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Skyworld
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Luigi's Mansion
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Details:

After getting feedback from our previous tournament we decided to host another tournament, this time with a prize pool. it's a $15 buy-in and %100 of the proceeds go into the Pot for prize division.

We enjoyed hosting the last tournament and are excited to host another, and would like to make it a regular occurrence.

If you don't have a Pownz Gaming Centre membership the buy-in is $25 and $15 goes towards the pot and $10 goes to the purchase of a membership [normally a membership is $15]

If you participated in the last tournament, your membership was already included and only need to worry about the $15 buy-in

Breakdown:

Member = $15 -----> Prize Pool
Non Member = $25 -----> $15 -----> Prize pool ------> $10 membership

Membership

A Pownz Membership allows you access to the Pownz Venue also allows it that if you come down to pownz you are able to use our gaming facility at a cheaper rate, participate in tournaments and events Or event host your own using our venue.

Questions? Comments? Call us at 289-396-4290
Or www.pownz.com

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
yeah 25$ is a pretty steep entrance fee
The tournament is open to members for free, $15 is for the prize pool.

We are offering discounted memberships at $10 (usually $15) once your a member, you need only pay the prize pool fee for all future tournaments.

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Everyone that has request registration is on our pre-reg list, your registration will be held up until tourney start time. If you haven't called us by that time to let us know you are enroute, your spot will be forfeited to someone present.

We will likely not turn people down for entry if it exceeds 32 participants, especially if you have travelled far. However we are anticipating spectators, so a spectator for participant swap may be nessessary. We ae expecting a Large turnout and as we are hoping to do these tournaments regularly(possibily monthly) in the new year, we will gauge the best tournament capasity by this event.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Man, I'm ****ing working this time, oh well, next one I guess. And as usual, I'll really put more effort once these start counting towards PR.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I ****ing failed miserably. So bull****....

My pool was tough I'll admit but I know I had the skill to get out. but I got owned, oh well. **** is frustrating though, lol. I don't know how you own with Sonic and Falcon, maybe you are just made of own!

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
yo Pownz I need to say this, last time you seeded it so that good people played each other right away so the noobs would have a chance. If you do that again (people who do well in the seeding round playing each other right away in the brackets) then I guarantee no one will come.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
yo Pownz I need to say this, last time you seeded it so that good people played each other right away so the noobs would have a chance. If you do that again (people who do well in the seeding round playing each other right away in the brackets) then I guarantee no one will come.
:laugh: This is the exact opposite of what seeding is about. I'm suprised nobody got mad.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
No one did anything about it because everyone that went is too humble. Also, some ppl were exempt from pools and were in the bracket automatically.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
No one did anything about it because everyone that went is too humble. Also, some ppl were exempt from pools and were in the bracket automatically.
More like too cocky, Ace knew no one would beat him but brose maybe, so it wouldnt matter if he played him in round 2 or in the finals (or in this case both :p)

KingAce

Smash Ace
put me on the pre reg list
not cocky lol but there was a good chance me and brose had to face in 2 rounds after that anyways (winners finals) so theres no point in delaying it :p... although if minus jl brose wolfblade and a lot of other ppl are going then ide like to see proper seeding.... no one wants to rip through pools just to end up having to face like 4 or 5 top players in a row

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
put me on the pre reg list
not cocky lol but there was a good chance me and brose had to face in 2 rounds after that anyways (winners finals) so theres no point in delaying it :p... although if minus jl brose wolfblade and a lot of other ppl are going then ide like to see proper seeding.... no one wants to rip through pools just to end up having to face like 4 or 5 top players in a row
i meant to say confident lol, no insult intended :p

HYPE THIS TOURNEYS GONNA BE GOOD. (Tell Ally this is small and scrubby so Ontario money can stay in Ontario for once --')

WIGI

Smash Champion
its my dads bday that day.. but if im allowed to come and can find a ride i will. but 25$ is alot lol

pastaboy

Smash Champion
i think there is too many people that are going, the venue wont be able to hold this many ppl(i think) last time with 20 peopel was pretty crowded and only 4 tvs

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
i think there is too many people that are going, the venue wont be able to hold this many ppl(i think) last time with 20 peopel was pretty crowded and only 4 tvs
LMFAO.

Is this at some dude's house? I swear that sounds like the tourney's I have at my place.

Top Bottom