• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hamilton, Ontario S.S.B.B. CASH TOURNY DEC 27!

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Ha ha, wait till the bracket goes up to see how everything went down. JL put both me and Chaotic into losers... then he beat us both outa losers after. Basically... JL wiped out everyone except for Brose:laugh:

Brose: Good going son ^^

Minus: Not bad for a West coast player.

JL: Soooooo happy you brought Wario back. Also happy my Fox took a game off it and Lucario came quite close.

Zeph: Using the Mote and Chuck wires for Ivy taunt, not too shabby... up and comer perhaps?

Chaotic: Didn't meet in the tourney but frienlies were fun. Closest Lucario ditto ever... We were actually both at the bottom stage, off the screen and I got a hit off to kill him and began to recover as it said "GAME"... re-f*cking-dunculous. I need you to pick an Elite 4 member to be, Lt. Surge is nice and all but you are part of my Elite 4, not a gym leader.

Iliad: Yer Wolf is good son. Keep it up!

Pasta: Thanks for the nuts:chuckle:

Pownz Gaming Center: Thanks for hosting, though I wasn't fond of the counter pick rules you guys layed out (cause they defeat the purpose of having counter pics and alternate characters) I still really enjoyed myself and I'll probably be hitting up the monthlies from now on.

Everyone else: GGs, hope my IRL taunts didn't offend anyone. I do it to hype myself up, not to bring other people down. I did try to tone them down for the first time tourney goers.

PEACE OUT KIDS!

pastaboy

Smash Champion
gg everyone, fun tourny,thnx for drivin me rob.
minus i hope those our match was recorded,i wanna see wtf happened on rainbow cruise. and corneria didnt turn out to be that gay

J.L

Smash Ace
i was thinking, instead of doing random character battles, we should have done low tier battle. Would have made up for the randomness. I mean Pit vs Ganon? you dont know how annoying that match up is. lol

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
gg everyone, fun tourny,thnx for drivin me rob.
minus i hope those our match was recorded,i wanna see wtf happened on rainbow cruise. and corneria didnt turn out to be that gay
That was the most epic set I've played in a long time, lol hell I'd buy the $5 dvd to see that match again :laugh:

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Yo i hope that judge 9 kill i got was recorded, i want the DVD if thats the case :p

@Supercansir, if they would listen to us (ironic how the 7 people *****ing about the rules got top 7?) and not their 3 or 4 regulars who showed up about the ruleset/ organization (25$, and no pools?) then Iwould go again. The two plasma tvs had lag tho =(

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL In most of my sets we blatantly just didn't listen to the rules, except in winner's and loser's finals both only being best 2/3, that was ********.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
lol, hell ya i wuld def buy that dvd for 5$. think about it now.i shuld counter picked lylat. WTF WAS I THINKING.
the lag on the tv was hilarious, totally gimps falcos phantasm. its funny how there is actually legit tv johns.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
"Well I guess his ftlit beats mine" - Literally the funniest thing ever because it shut up what wolfblade was gonna say because that was funnier

yeah and those guys were saying the tv didnt lag because they were useing composite cables... my *** --'

I thought it was wireless lag since i use wiichuck but nah it was just gay Plasma TV.

pasta you and rob need to come down once MDK starts his casuals up or if i hold another one soon. we need to serve up some nutritional breakfasts

Pownz Gaming Centre

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, i'm really interested in any suggestion you have on how we can make these tournies better. Email me any concerns or comments you have and I will work to make the changes needed to have the Ultimate SSBB tournaments. The tenitive date for the next one is January 24th, more info to follow along with info and for our Dec 27th one.

Email me at:
Lorenzo.somma@pownz.com

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Forget SBR rules, give them Umbreon's ruleset. ****'s too good.

Then again, we'll be getting the updated tier list and ruleset on January 4th, so lets just wait for that.

dragtyson

Smash Rookie
What the eff. I got 7th?
Lose (Zeph) - Win (Cupcake) - Lose (Wolf) and I still got 7th?
Anyways, good games, awesome friendlies, lotsa big names coming down to a small tourney :o

Shouts:
Zeph: Nice G&W, you should rep Wiimote + Nunchuk users lmao. Is my Diddy really better, or is it just teh Bananas of d00m.
Ambrose: Yet another awesome performance. It was funny when you faced that little kid in the first match.
Pasta: You're a chillin guy. Awesome Diddy too, totally ***** mine (even though Diddy dittos are dumb)
Minus: Yes, Falco dittos are stupid.
Cake: Sorry I had to eliminate you.
J.L.: Underestimated you by a long shot.
WolfBlade: Omg, you eliminated Me, P.B., and Illiad. I never knew Lucario could be that good.

And lol at Team Battle friendlies. Got owned by 2 Bowsers (Illiad and Brose).
BTW: I might be changing names from JTN to Jelly so I can match up with P.B. lulz.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
maybe Illiad got 7th and not you then.. oops

Edit: JTN your diddy was definitely better lol, I have lots of falco and diddy experience and it gave me a lot of trouble.. but then again Diddy does do a lot better vs GaW than Falco.

Iliad

Smash Lord
Rawrrawrrawr Screaaam

*Edit* Lol i thought I already did shoutouts here? wtf.

Wolf: My wolf apparently isn't good, not against your Lucario. Marth and MK vs you from now on.

Chaotic: Lol @ our doubles with minus and JL, epic, i can't wait to play you.

Ambrose: I've got you next time. Biotch. >.>

Pasta: I've got you too next time. Biotch. >.>

*Double edit* Yeah I'm pretty sure I was 7th.

Beat Fugu, lost to Ambrose, beat Tweak, lost to Wolfblade.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Rawrrawrrawr Screaaam

*Edit* Lol i thought I already did shoutouts here? wtf.

Wolf: My wolf apparently isn't good, not against your Lucario. Marth and MK vs you from now on.

Chaotic: Lol @ our doubles with minus and JL, epic, i can't wait to play you.

Ambrose: I've got you next time. Biotch. >.>

Pasta: I've got you too next time. Biotch. >.>

*Double edit* Yeah I'm pretty sure I was 7th.

Beat Fugu, lost to Ambrose, beat Tweak, lost to Wolfblade.
Ha ha, yer gonna try yer MK against me?? OK son but... yer Wolf is a cut abover yer Marth and MK... I have a lot of MK practice:laugh:

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Hey all, we are posting the last Tournament from Dec 27/08 on you tube. The next tournament on January 24/09 will be recorded and edited by professionals and made into a DVD for sale during our February '09 smash tourny. Check out December's Tourney Fights http://www.youtube.com/user/PownzGamingCentre
Do we have to pre-reg?

If so, sign me up. I assume its gonna start the same time as before right?

Top Bottom