• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halo series - Crimson Map Pack out now!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Doesn't it depend on how many kills you got or how well you did in general for the ranking thing?

Though that did happen to a friend of mine too... -_-'

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Woohoo, assassinations in multiplayer! Jetpacks! Invasion mode (whatever that is. Firefight in Reach?)! Head Hunter!

That multiplayer beta'd better hurry up. :mad:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
JETPAAAAAAAAAACKS!!!!!!!

Wow it looks like Bungie is going all out for their last Halo game! The multiplayer in Reach already looks 5 times more fun than Halo 3/ODST combined!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
JETPAAAAAAAAAACKS!!!!!!!

Wow it looks like Bungie is going all out for their last Halo game! The multiplayer in Reach already looks 5 times more fun than Halo 3/ODST combined!
They never said this was their last Halo game. Someone from Bungie said in a recent interview that this doesn't mean no more halo games from them.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Jetpacks are stupid.....
I can see there being potential for these, but if they're anything like the Brutes' jetpacks, they're worthless and pointless to implement. It could either ruin multiplayer or make it loads more fun

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah, if they explode after being shot a few times, it might be dumb. I think if the just exploded when you died, it'd be much better.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Spartans can already jump ridiculously high anyways. I guess it'd be useful if you wanna get to the top of an enemy's base and drop in to grab their flag in CTF.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
*BUMP*

Halo: Reach beta matchmaking and UI details surface

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/18/halo-reach-beta-matchmaking-and-ui-details-surface/

The first big addition is Arena playlists, a set of Slayer and Team Slayer playlists for the more hardcore players, complete with its own ranking system. Ranks will be determined through a variety of factors, and will section off players into one of five groups: Onyx, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Steel. As such, Ranked and Social will now be one combined playlist.

Other improvements come to the lobby system, giving players the power to vote on potential games that come up in matchmaking and an auto-queue feature that lets you join friends immediately after they complete a match. There's even a throwback to Halo 2 in the Active Roster screen, an area that shows all of your friends who are playing the game.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
So...

a friend of mine who follows the game way closer then i do says bungie released in a podcast that the DMR is confirmed 5 shot.

And if anyone hasn't seen it yet, youtube: Halo Reach Tik Tok remix

i'd post the link, but i'm in school. its hilarious.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
*BUMP*

Halo: Reach beta matchmaking and UI details surface

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/18/halo-reach-beta-matchmaking-and-ui-details-surface/

The first big addition is Arena playlists, a set of Slayer and Team Slayer playlists for the more hardcore players, complete with its own ranking system. Ranks will be determined through a variety of factors, and will section off players into one of five groups: Onyx, Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Steel. As such, Ranked and Social will now be one combined playlist.

Other improvements come to the lobby system, giving players the power to vote on potential games that come up in matchmaking and an auto-queue feature that lets you join friends immediately after they complete a match. There's even a throwback to Halo 2 in the Active Roster screen, an area that shows all of your friends who are playing the game.
That made me real happy :)

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So...

a friend of mine who follows the game way closer then i do says bungie released in a podcast that the DMR is confirmed 5 shot.
What do you mean, five shot? Five shots to a magazine?

And if anyone hasn't seen it yet, youtube: Halo Reach Tik Tok remix

i'd post the link, but i'm in school. its hilarious.
Saw it. The mouthing's a little off, but it was still funny regardless.

I really like this idea of being able to vote for a match, giving you some flexibility in the matchmaking. The veto system in 3 wasn't so bad, but you could end up with an even worse match than what you wanted, since you had no idea what was going to come up. I hope the game doesn't follow pre-made gametypes, though. It might end up becoming biased when players start voting for the same match over and over.

On a different subject, any idea in Reach supports clan tags like they did in 2?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Today is the last day to play Halo 2 on the original Xbox. You can still play it online on the Vista version but at midnight today, Microsoft will be shutting off the original Xbox servers.

Be sure to download all the Halo 2 map packs if you haven't already. Or if you already have the MP disc, then you're good to go.

ECHO_R24

Smash Rookie
*Salutes farewell to Halo 2* Ahh those were some **** good times.

I would post my thoughts and comments on Bungie's beta news, but i fear mass amounts of recursion, even if i do consider myself very knowledgeable on the topic. All i can say is i CANT WAIT for this! If anyone else is the halo junkie like me, consider checking out the community website i'm from, the Halo3Wheelmen:
http://www.h3wheelmen.com

we're quite the laid back group of gamers, still active on halo3 and certainly will be all over the beta so check us out if you'd like

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I hate advertising.

So I suppose this means that we can be expecting that improvement Microsoft promised they'd give after the original Xbox servers were shut down any day now?

Dude, you'd think with the beta less than a three weeks away this thread would be more active.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I hate advertising.

So I suppose this means that we can be expecting that improvement Microsoft promised they'd give after the original Xbox servers were shut down any day now?

Dude, you'd think with the beta less than a three weeks away this thread would be more active.
Me too. Too bad we can't do anything about it. *face palm*

And yeah, it's rumoured to have benefits such as 100+ friends list and such.

Yup, well I stopped updating this thread a while ago. We'll see when the beta is out next month.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
There's just not that much to talk about really. We've pretty much covered it all, lol. DMR and Barrel rolls.

Speaking of, how the hell is the camera going to work with that? Reach is still first person, right?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
There's just not that much to talk about really. We've pretty much covered it all, lol. DMR and Barrel rolls.

Speaking of, how the hell is the camera going to work with that? Reach is still first person, right?
As far as I know, yes. Any video featuring a third person perspective would be from the save film theater.

I'd imagine turrets will still be third person, but I haven't heard anything about that.

Media embargo for reach expires at 7am tomorrow morning. I'm assuming that's pacific time. See you guys then.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
No more battle rifle? I might suck at the multiplayer for a while when reach comes out if this is the case :(

BR is my weapon of choice hands down, but I've seen there's going to be another long range type weapon, some sort of single shot rifle, I'm assuming.

All this aside tho, the graphics are supposed to look reallllly nice and it's probably going to be pretty good overall.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Yeah i watched this on Halo: Waypoint. The focus rifle looks awesome.

and I'm not worried about the loss of the BR (my god, serious MLG players will be crying over this forever) but the DMR is supposed to be just as cool.

Headhunter looks freakin' awesome. I'm gunna love that.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Nice finds, JKBUK. I watched them just now.

Abilities: ... meh. I'll be honest, I was expecting a bigger number than that. Unless this is just a sample compiled for the beta and not the full amount, right now it's just underwhelming.

Invasion: Personally I can't see much difference between this and a Team Slayer match. But I did see in the feed of one of the clips 'Ghost delivered'. What does that mean?

Race: Heh. Bungie took an awesome improvised gametype and made it a full one. I do hope that Rocket Race gets through as a subtype, though... I loved that game. And I noticed that the game spawns items in the way of the racers while the game goes on to make it a bit more varied. Clever.

I agree with the gamertag posting. But should we put it in here or just leave it in another one like the MW2 thread?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It should be here. Unfortunately I will not be participating in the beta. I don't think buying ODST for the beta is enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Once more ODST videos and stuff come out this thread will get a lot more popular trust me. The MW2 thread didn't really kick off until the game finally came out.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Reach looks fantastic from what I see. I don't like some of the new aspects but we'll see how it does in the multiplayer. I don't have live so I won't be playing until the official release which is . . . ?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It should be here. Unfortunately I will not be participating in the beta. I don't think buying ODST for the beta is enough to warrant a purchase from me.

Once more ODST videos and stuff come out this thread will get a lot more popular trust me. The MW2 thread didn't really kick off until the game finally came out.
Good, save your money.

Come on, ODST wasn't that bad... :)

We'd have to persuade Cashed to edit his OP then...

And Cashed hasn't logged in for a few months. Maybe I should take over this thread like I did with the MW2 one?

Reach looks fantastic from what I see. I don't like some of the new aspects but we'll see how it does in the multiplayer. I don't have live so I won't be playing until the official release which is . . . ?
Fall 2010.

Stormcrow2

Smash Apprentice
What I'm wondering is if they'll have split screen supported for the beta; like the guy above, I too am not going to spend the money on ODST to get the beta... I'm gonna head over and try it out with a couple of friends who have ODST, likely.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
What I'm wondering is if they'll have split screen supported for the beta; like the guy above, I too am not going to spend the money on ODST to get the beta... I'm gonna head over and try it out with a couple of friends who have ODST, likely.
I dunno, did the Halo 3 beta have split-screen online capabilities?

Also the multi-player beta will last from May 3rd to the 19th.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us///transmissions/article/2010-04-28--Halo-Reach-Beta-Details

EDIT: Since no one here posted the live action trailer, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBAovLezNs&playnext_from=TL&videos=pW_b-kBLZZ8&feature=sub

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Top Bottom